All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
Athens Shore Excursion to Cape Sounio...
Enjoy a private shore excursion to Cape Sounio, the southernmost tip of Attica, where the horizon meets the Aegean Sea. Travel alongside the coastline of Athens, enjoy your coffee at the Lake of Vouliagmenis, in the heart of the Athenian Riviera, admire a truly impressive scene and let the idyllic landscape amaze you!
Then, visit Cape Sounio, known for the imposing sanctuary of Poseidon which is one of the most important sights and archaeological sites of Attica! You can choose to start the tour in the afternoon in order to combine it with the magnificent sunset, as seen from Cape Sounio!
- Our driver will pick you up from Piraeus port from your cruise ship, and passing by the coast line of Athens and Athenian Riviera, we will have our first stop at the famous Lake of Vouliagmeni, www.limnivouliagmenis.gr a wonderful and so unusual natural beauty that offers the visitor true moments of relaxation, for a coffee break before visiting Cape Sounio.
- Following the Mediterranean coastline known as "Athenian Riviera" (if you wish we will have a stop for panoramic photos) we will reach at the second most popular site of the Greek capital, "Cape Sounio"(especially during the afternoon hours when you can take the chance of the breathtaking sunset over the Aegean Sea!) in order to visit Cape Sounio and the Temple of God Poseidon!
- Cape Sounio is located 70 kilometers south-southeast of Athens, at the southernmost tip of the Attica peninsula in Greece. Sounion is noted as the site of ruins of an ancient Greek temple of Poseidon, the god of the sea in classical mythology. The remains are perched on the headland, surrounded on three sides by the sea. According to the legend, Cape Sounion is the spot where Aegeus, king of Athens, was lead to his death, falling off the cliff, thus giving his name to the Aegean Sea.
- The myth says that King's Aegeus son, Theseus was sent to Crete to kill the Minotaur, a monster that was half man and half bull. If he succeeded, Aegeus asked to put on the boat white sails during his return. Although he did kill Minotaur, he forgot to change the black sails. Aegeus was anxiously looking out from Cape Sounion. Despaired when he saw a black sail on his son Theseus's ship, returning from Crete, which led him to believe that his son had been killed, he decided to kill himself.
- The tour can start any time you wish. Either for sunset tour or morning tour. The duration of the tours is about 5 hours.
- Cape Sounio
- Temple of Poseidon
- Athenian Riviera
- Lake of Vouliagmenis
- Pick up & drop off from your cruise ship (Piraeus Port)
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- English speaking driver
- All taxes
- Bottle of water
- Entrance fees
- Meals & personal expenses
In order to take full advantage of your tour in Greece, we strongly suggest you to book your tour with a licensed tour guide in order to get the most out of your tour.
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicles
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano with leather interior, dark glasses, and fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
When you arrive at the port, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues.
24/7 - Free communication, with the travel department, via the WhatsApp application is offered, within the preparation period and during your customized excursions!
Our tours are absolutely private only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the program to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.