All year, any time that you want.
Private Tour in Delphi, Museum of Thebes & Village of Arachova
Day trip from Athens to Delphi, to visit the most popular site of UNESCO such as Delphi & the Temple of Apollo, Archaeological museum of Thebes and the Mycenaean Tombs. Visit the Byzantine Monastery of Hosios Loukas that has been listed on UNESCO's World Heritage Sites. You can make a stops everywhere as it is your private Tour!
Book online our full-day Private Tour in Delphi from Athens to the Archaeological Museum of Thebes and the excavation of Mycenaean Tombs from Athens. Visit Thebes, one of the oldest cities in Greece, and the Archaeological Museum of Thebes, which is of great importance as some of the collections it contains are rare or one of a kind. Visit Delphi which was considered the center of the world because of its position, Castalia Spring, the Delphi Oracle and the temple of Apollo, where it is said that Pythia delivered her oracles. Last but not least, visit the famous ancient city of Mycenae, where one of the most important cultures was born and developed between 1650 and 1200 BC, the Mycenaean civilization! Visit the excavation findings of the Archaeological area of the Mycenaean Palace of Thebes and the Mycenaean Tombs. We will also have a visit at the traditional cosmopolitan village of Arachova (at 1000 meters altitude), the best winter resort of Greece. Upgrade your excursion by choosing one of our experienced guides!
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel (suggested time 08.30) or from your cruise ship. Along the way, you will see the plain of Boeotia, an agricultural center and you will also pass by the city of Thebes, the birthplace of King Oedipus in order to reach The Archaeological Museum of Thebes www.mthv.gr/en one of the most important museums of Greece since some of its collections are rare or unique.
- The exhibits originate from excavations all around Boeotia and cover a long chronological period spanning from the Paleolithic to the Post Byzantine periods. Also, you will walk around to see the Mycenae Palace and the Mycenaean Tombs.
- Continuing our trip we will reach Delphi. We will visit Castalia Spring, visit at the archaeological site and view the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle and Delphi museum, with its spectacular exhibits include the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifinians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos the metopes of the Athenian treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer, originally created to commemorate a victory during the 476 B.C. Pythian Games, and many other artifacts.
- We will also have a visit at the traditional cosmopolitan village of Arachova (at 1000 meters altitude), the best winter resort of Greece. You can buy hand-made pastries, cheeses, spices, and many other local product OR you can have lunch if you do not wish to do so in Delphi! The duration of the tour is about 9 hours.
(OPTIONAL) If you wish we can skip the visit at the Museum of Thebes in order to visit the Byzantine Monastery of Hosios Loukas, one of the most important monuments of Middle Byzantine architecture and art that has been listed on UNESCO's World Heritage Sites.
- The Museum in Thebes
- The Excavation of the Mycenaean Palace of Thebes
- The Excavation of the Mycenaean Tombs of Thebes
- Delphi and Museum of Delphi
- The Temple of Apollo in Delphi
- Castalia spring
- The Athenian Treasure
- The picturesque village of Arachova
- (Optional) Osios Loucas Monastyery
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- English speaking driver
- All taxes
- Bottle of water
- Entrance fees
- Meals & personal expenses
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 3 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card
- b/ Require more information
- c/ Pay now only 30% as payment in advance in order your tour to be confirmed
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
You have the choice, as shown below, in order to have a tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- You can book a local tour guide in each site you will visit
- You can book an escort with good knowledge that will provide his services and guide you until you enter archaeological sites and museums
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicle
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
Our driver will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and he will help you with your baggage, and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 until 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 until 19.30
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum of Delphi
- 8 euro / persons for Museum of Thebes
- 4 euro / person for AMonasteries of Osios Loukas
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.