- All year, any time that you wish.
One Day Private Tour in Delphi, Museum of Thebes...
One private tour in Delphi from Athens to visit the most popular site of UNESCO which was considered the center of the world because of its position. Visit the Temple of Apollo, Castalia Spring, the Delphi Oracle and the temple of Apollo, where it is said that Pythia delivered her oracles.
Visit Thebes, one of the oldest cities in Greece, the Archaeological museum of Thebes which is of great importance as some of the collections it contains are rare or one of a kind. Finally, visit the famous ancient city of Mycenae, where one of the most important cultures was born and developed between 1650 and 1200 BC, the Mycenaean civilization! Visit the excavation findings of the Archaeological area of the Mycenaean Palace of Thebes and the Mycenaean Tombs. We will also have a visit at the traditional cosmopolitan village of Arachova (at 1000 meters altitude), the best winter resort of Greece. Upgrade your excursion by choosing one of our experienced guides!
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel (suggested time 08.30) or from your cruise ship. Along the way, you will see the plain of Boeotia, an agricultural center and you will also pass by the city of Thebes, the birthplace of King Oedipus in order to reach The Archaeological Museum of Thebes one of the most important museums of Greece since some of its collections are rare or unique. The exhibits originate from excavations all around Boeotia and cover a long chronological period spanning from the Paleolithic to the Post Byzantine periods. Also, you will walk around to see the Mycenae Palace and the Mycenaean Tombs.
- Continuing our trip, we will reach Delphi: The center of ancinet of world. We will visit Castalia Spring, visit at the archaeological site and view the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle and Delphi museum, with its spectacular exhibits include the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifinians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos the metopes of the Athenian treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer, originally created to commemorate a victory during the 476 B.C. Pythian Games, and many other artifacts.
- We will also have a visit at the traditional cosmopolitan village of Arachova (at 1000 meters altitude), the best winter resort of Greece. You can buy hand-made pastries, cheeses, spices, and many other local products or you can have lunch if you do not wish to do so in Delphi! The duration of the tour is about 9 hours.
(optional) If you wish we can skip the visit at the Museum of Thebes in order to visit the Byzantine Monastery of Hosios Loukas, one of the most important monuments of Middle Byzantine architecture and art that has been listed on UNESCO's World Heritage Sites.
- The Museum in Thebes
- The Mycenaean Palace of Thebes
- The Mycenaean Tombs of Thebes
- Delphi and Museum of Delphi
- The Temple of Apollo in Delphi
- Castalia spring
- The Athenian Treasure
- The picturesque village of Arachova
- (Optional) Osios Loucas Monastyery
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed tour guide (only in Delphi) according to your selection
- English speaking driver
- All taxes
- Bottle of water
- Entrance fees
- Meals & personal expenses
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip, we suggest you have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- 12 euro / person for Delphi
- 6 euro / perosn for Museum of Thebes
- 4 euro / person fro Osios Loucas
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.