All year, any time that you want. But for the winter period we suugest you to visit Crete insted of Mykonos.
27 Day Grand Circle Tour Greece & Greek Islands
Everyone knows Greece is best known for the antiquities of Athens, postcard-worthy scenes from Santorini & Mykonos, but there is so much more to the country than its immediate associations. That's why we created tour of 27 day tour to explore all Greece and also the Greek Islands.
This private tour is unique as you will see all the UNESCO’s archaeological sites, with such rich history, beautiful sunsets scenery, pretty villages that are perfect for year-round getaways, also majestic ancient historical sites.
You will feel the great Greek hospitality and food that one can experience in most of the boutique hotels and restaurants with local products.
If it your first visit in Greece, you will feel it felt like being to an unexplored place, a hidden treasure in mainland Greece. Finally, you will have a wonderful tour in Corfu, Mykonos, Delos & Santorini to feel the architecture culture of the Islands with many local cruises and other activities.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN ATHENS
- Meet and assist at airport. Transfer to hotel. Free time for yourself. Overnight at Athens
DAY 2: PRIVATE TOUR ATHENS: ANCIENT AGORA - STOA OF ATTALOS - TOWER OF WINDS - PANORAMIC TOUR
- Our driver pick you up form your hotel to start the private Athens City Sightseeing Tour. You will visit the Ancient Agora including Temple of Hephaestus & Stoa of Attalos, Museum of Ancient Agora, The Roman Agora of Athens & Tower of Winds, Hadrian's Library. Stop for lunch at Plaka. Athens city tour covering: The Temple of Olympian Zeus (Olympieio), Arch of Hadrian, Syntagma Square, pedestrian walkway of Dionysiou Areopagitou, Panathenaic Stadium, Greek Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, ‘Changing of the Guards’, Zappeion Hall, The Academy, The University and The National Library buildings, Monument of Philopappos Hill, Mount Lycabettus. Overnight at Athens.
DAY 3: PRIVATE TOUR ATHENS: ACROPOLIS & MUSEUM OF ACROPOLIS - LUNCH IN PLAKA
- Today we will have a wonderful tour in Acropolis covering Propylaia, Theater of Dionysus, Temple of Asclepius, Odeon of Herodes Atticus, Temple of Athena Nike, Old Temple of Athena, Brauronion, Temple of Rome and Augustus, Pedestal of Agrippa, Beule Gate, Chalkotheke, an Asclepieion, Gateway to the Propylaeum, Porch of the Caryatids at the Erechtheion and the Parthenum. We continue our Tour of Acropolis Museum. Overnight at Athens.
DAY 4: PRIVATE TOUR ATHENS: NATIONAL ARCHEAOLOGICAL MUSEUM & CAPE SOUNIO
- Our driver pick you up from your hotel to viist the National Archaeological Museum, one of the most important museum in Greece. Following the Mediterranean coastline known as "Athenian Riviera" (if you wish we will have a stop for panoramic photos) we will reach at the second most popular site of the Greek capital, "Cape Sounio"(especially during the afternoon hours when you can take the chance of the breathtaking sunset over the Aegean Sea!) in order to visit Cape Sounio and the Temple of God Poseidon!. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 5: ANCIENT CORINTH - COG RAILWAY - KALAVRITA - CAVE OF LAKES
- Start from Athens and we will have stop at Canal of Corinth, Ancient Corinth, Archaeological Site. Walk at the Biblical path of Apostle Paul. See ruins of Temple of Apollo etc. & Corinth Museum. You will get the Cog Railway to enjoy the natural environment over the through Vourakis Canyon to reach Kalavryta and Cave of Lakes.. After that drive to Nafplio. Overnight Nafplio
DAY 6: TIRYNS - EPIDAURUS - MYCENAE - NEMEA - NAFPLIO
- Atfer your breakfast our driver pick you up from the hotel to visit Mycenae. See Grave Circle A. Lion's Gate, Royal Tombs. Cyclopean Walls, Treasury of Atreus, The Tomb of Clytemnestra. See Mycenae Archaeological Museum. Visist Tiryns (UNESCO Site). See Tiryns Archaeological site.Then drive to Epidaurus (UNESCO Site). Sanctuary of Asclepios, Great Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, Epidaurus Museum, Little Theatre of Epidaurus. Drive to Nemea. See Nemea Archaeological site and Museum. We will visit cooperative Winery of Nemea and sample Nemea's famous wines. Return to Nafplio. Overnight in Nafplio.
DAY 7: EXPLORE NAFPLIO - ANCIENT SPARTA
- Today we will explore Nafplio. Drive to Palamadi Castle. En- route stop at Karoni's Distillery Museum and sample Ouzo produced there. See Akronafplia Castle, Bourtzi. Walk at the old Nafplio town: Syntagma Square, "Megalos Dromos", Three Admiral’s Square, Archaeological Museum. After Nafplio drive to Sparta. Overnight at Sparta.
DAY 8: ANCIENT SPARTA & MYSTRAS
- Our driver meet you at the hotel to start the tour in Sparta archaeological sites. Acropolis, Temple of Athena and Ancient Theatre. See Statue of Leonidas, Museum of Olive oil. Then drive to Mystras (UNESCO Site). See Archaeological site, Chapel of St. Demetrios, Peribleptos Monastery, Pantanassa Monastery and Despot's Palace. Return to Sparta. Overnight at Sparta.
DAY 9: DIROS CAVE - CITY OF KALAMATA
- Leave Sparta and drive to Aeropolis to visit Diros Caves Diros Cave, a secret underground world. About 5,000 meters have been exposed and accessible by small boats and through narrow passageways and one is surrounded by formations of stalagmites and stalactites. Then drive to Kalamata, see Museum of Traditional Costumes. Overnight at Kalamata.
DAY 10: NESTOR PALACE - CHORA - MESSENE
- Today we will visit Nestor's Palace, Griffin Warrior Tomb. See Chora Archaeological Museum. See Methroni and Pylos Castle and town.Tour of Navarino fortress, old and new. Return to Kalamata. Overnight at Kalamata.
DAY 11: MESSENE - BASSAE - ANCIENT OLYMPIA
- The ancient Messene is a spectacular archaeological site, a UNESCO monument founded on the 4th century B.C. by Epaminondas. We leave from ancient Messene to reach at Vassae (ancient Figaleia). At an elevation of 1.130 meters, stands the eternally proud temple of Apollo Epikurios.Then drive to Olympia. Overnight at Olympia.
DAY 12: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - CITY OF PATRA
- Our driver meet you at your hotel to pick you up to visit the Archaeological site (UNESCO Site). Museum in Olympia, See Coubertin Monument and Museum of Olympic Games. Then drive to Patras. See Archaeological Museum at Patras and pass St. Andrews Cathedral. Visit Achaia Claus Winery. Overnight at Patras.
DAY 13: PATRA - NAUPAKTUS - DODONI - PERAMA CAVES - IOANNINA:
- Leaving Patra, we will cross over the amazing bridge of Rion – Antirion, one of the biggest bridges in Europe. Then we will head to Naupactus, a beautiful seaside small town, where you can visit the Venetian Castle, the Venetian Port, here you will hace a delisious lunch. Continue to Archaeological site at Dodoni, a worship center of Zeus and Dionysus that was also known as the oracle of the ancient Greek world. Afterwards, we will visit the Perama caves. The cave is part of an underground riverbed, which was built during the pre-Ottoman period that is about 1,500,000 years old. We will then return back to Ioannina. Walk around the Lake of Ioannina. Overnight at Ioannina.
DAY 14: SIGHTSEEING AT IOANNINA - CORFU
- We will visit the beautiful fortified old town, and the castle. This is the oldest Byzantine fortress in Greece! Wonderful buildings like the house Matei Hussein, the Ottoman Mosque of Ali Pasha. Lake Pamvotida and its Small Island of “Ali Pasha" accessible only by boat. That is the only inhabited island on a lake in Europe! You must not forget to sample the traditional spices and herbs harvested from the mountains of Epirus, frog's legs, a special delicacy or the famous desserts of 'sker bourek' or 'sugar pie', and the exceptionally delicious baklava or other syrup pastries. Drive to ferry port of Igoumenitsa and catch late car ferry to Corfu. Check in at Corfu hotel. Overnight at Corfu.
DAY 15: SIGHSEEING AT CORFU: ACHEILION PALACE - MON REPO -OLD TOWN
- Our driver pick you up from your hotel to visit at Achilleion Palace. This stately palace was built by the Empress Elisabeth of Austria and purchased by Kaiser William II of Germany upon her untimely death. We will continue to Mon Repos Palace. It is a small but very beautiful palace with colonial architectural elements. Next stop will be at the Old Fortress remains one of the most interesting tourist attractions of Corfu Island. We will visit the old town of Corfu (UNESCO) is built under the Venetian style that’s why one of the most beautiful is and elegant towns in Greece. Also we will visit the Palace of St. Michael and St. George,Sterna, Music Pavilion, Monument of the Union of the Ionian Islands, Ionian Academy, Schulenburg statue. The tour cannot completed without a visit at the historical and traditional local Church of Saint Spyridon is built 1456! Overnight in Corfu.
DAY 16: SIGHSEEING AT CORFU: PALIOKASTITSA - LAKONES - MOUSE ISLAND - OLD TOWN
- Today our knowledgeable driver will meet you at your hotel to start a wonderful tour to explore the hidden beauty of Corfu, we have our first stop at the beautiful and famous Paleokastritsa bay, well known as the Capri of Greece, the traditional village of Lakones, we will reach at Kanoni, the church of Panagia Vlacherna and the Mouse Island. We will also visit the 14th century Venetian fortress and Espianade square – once used as drilling grounds for Napoleon Bonaparte’s soldiers. Finally we will reach in Corfu Town (UNESCO) to see the ancient ruins of the Palaipolis, to walk at the old city, the old Port, Town Hall, San Rocco square, the commercial center of town to have a coffee break at the famous "Liston's square" Overnight in Corfu.
DAY 17: CORFU - VEROIA- VERGINA - THESSALONIKI
- Leave Corfu and get the ferry to igoumenitsa. We have our first visit to Vergina (ancient Aigai), to live the experience of a visit to the unique Museum, created in the Great Tumulus covering the royal tombs of Macedonia. see the tomb of King Phillip II, Alexander's father, and feel the thrill of the greatest discovery of the 20th century. In only a few miles away is Veria (Biblical Beroea), where we will visit the Saint Paul's Bema, and then stroll through the old Jewish neighborhood and the colorful market area. Walk in a city where past is present and around! Thessaloniki. Overnight in Thessaloniki.
DAY 18: CITY TOUR IN THESSALONIKI
- After your breakfast, we will explore Thessaloniki. See the ramparts of the city: the triumphal Arch of Galerius, built in 303 AD, at the Via Egnatia, Monument of Alexander the Great, Rotunda, one of the most imposing monuments of Thessaloniki. Visit St. Demetrius Basilica, in which is located the underground ancient “Crypt", the most important part of the temple, the Acheiropoietos Church - a gem of devotion: The Acheiropoietos Church owes its name to an icon of the Virgin Mary, one of the first churches of Christianity, founded sometime between 450 and 475 AD, Church of Agia Sofia, Museum and Museum of Byzantine culture, White Tower for photos. Overnight in Thessaloniki.
DAY 19: THESSALONIKI - DION PARK - METEORA
- After your breakfast, leave from Thessaloniki to have our first stop at the Archaeological Park of Dion, the sacred city of the Macedonians, at the foot of mountain Olympus. Then we will reach Meteora. Enjoy the sunset tour at the rocks of meteora. Check in & free time for yourself. Overnight Meteora
DAY 20: SIGHTSEEING METEORA - DELPHI
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 09.00 in order to visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora, included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. We are having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro, the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is at the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. Then drive to Delphi for Overnight
DAY 21: DELPHI - OSIOS LOUKAS - THERMOPILES - ATHENS
- After your breakfast, our driver will drive you at the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre, with a capacity that exceeds 5,000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi. Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Afterwards, we can visit the traditional winter village of Arachova and have a coffee or lunch break.Then drive to Monastery of Osios Loukos (UNESCO). Return to Athens with a short stop at Leonidas statue at Thermopiles. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 22: ATHENS - MYKONOS
- We will pick you up from your hotel to Piraeus port and take the ferry to Mykonos Island. Mykonos is the most famous island in the world for its beaches, its fun, its exciting nightlife, its picturesque Cycladic houses, the luxury hotels, also known as the island of winds. The stroll in ‘’Little Venice’’ of the island, or the walk through the narrow streets of "matogiania" will be memorable for your vacations, where you can shop clothes and other local items. We propose you to relax at your hotel and enjoy the amazing night life of Mykonos. Overnight at Mykonos.
DAY 23: GUIDED CRUISE TOUR IN DELOS
- Guided cruise tour to Delos to admire one of the most important archaeological sites in Greece wit all-inclusive tour package. If you are an avid fan of mythology and the ancient Greek civilization, it is worthwhile to spend a morning or trip to Delos an UNESCO World Heritage Site. Our driver pick you up from your hotel to transfer you to the old Mykonos port you embark to the boat to the sacred island of Delos, the birthplace of two of the most important ancient Greek gods, Apollo and Artemis and live a unique experience while uncovering the myths and legends of Ancient Greece with the information provided from your expert licensed tour guide. Overnight at Mykonos.
DAY 24: MYKONOS - SANTORINI
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel and transfer you to Mykonos Port so you get the boat for the famous Santorini Island. The first thing you have to see that will amaze you is the magnificent sunset from Oia, the most famous sunset in the world. Crowds of people gather there, in order to see the sun set! Afterwards, you can enjoy your drink or dinner, in the picturesque capital of the island and walk among the narrow streets of the island where you can buy many souvenirs. Overnight at Santorini.
DAY 25: SUNSET CRUSIE TO VOLCANO WITH BUFFET ON BOARD
- Get a unique group sunset cruise tour to volcano in Santorini to enjoy the deep blue waters; white, red and black sand; vertical cliffs; red and black volcanic pebbles and spectacular rock formations. With this special group sunset cruise tour to volcano you will walk at the rim of Volcano, swim at the hot springs and finally enjoy your dinner on board admiring the most famous sunset of the word next to Oia. Overnight at Santorini.
DAY 26: SANTORINI - ATHENS
- Our driver will meet you at the hotel and will transfer you to Santorini Port at 12.00 to take the boat for Piraeus Port, where you will arrive at 17.00 pm. Then, you will be transferred to your hotel in Athens.. Overnight at Athens.
DAY 27: DEPARURE DAY
- Breakfast. Athens checkout. Transfer to airport for connecting flights.
- Acropolis & Museum of Acropolis, Ancient Agora
- National Arhaeological Museum & Cape Sounio
- Canal of Corinth & Ancient Corinth,
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus & Ancient Mycenae
- Romantic city of Nauplio, Nemea, Tiryns
- Kalavryta, Cave of Lakes
- Mystras, Ancient Sparta, Diros Caves
- City of Kalamata & Patra
- City of Naupaktos & Ancient Olympia
- Delphi area and Museum
- Monastery of Osios Loukas, Thebes Musum
- Meteora Monasteries
- Ioannina, Island of "Ali Pasha" Lake Pamvotida
- Corfu Island (Mon Repo, Plaiokatsritsa, Acheilion Palace, Liston Square etc)
- City of Thessaloniki (Rotonda, White Tower, Churhes, etc)
- Arhaeological park of Dion
- Vergina- The tomb of King Philip II - Veroia
- Monument of Leonidas in Thermopiles
- Mykonos - Delos
- Santorini - Volcano, Sunste at Oia
- Transportation with private car & English Speaking driver in mainland & Corfu
- Transfer service Athens Airport-Hotel in Athens & vice versa
- Transfer service Athens Hotel in Piraeus port & vice versa
- Transfers services from Port/Hotel in Mykonos & Santorini
- Guided Cruise tour in Delos
- Cruise tour in Volcano in Santorini with buffet on board
- Private tour in Athens as mentioned at the program
- 26 Nights’ accommodation with breakfast
- All driver’s expenses (Accommodation, meals, Toll fees, fuel, etc.)
- Fast ferry tickets from Piraeus /Mykonos/Santorini
- Ferry tickets from Piraeus/Mykonos/Santorini/Piraeus
- Ferry tickets from Igoumenitsa port /Corfu & vice versa
- Welcome Bag with Gifts upon your arrival
- All taxes
- Entrance fees at archaeological sites or museums
- Meals, Personal expenses
- Tour Guide
- Hotel City Tax
All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
You have the choice, as shown below, in order to have a tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- You can book a local tour guide in each site that you will visit
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicle
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
- Upon our meeting in Athens we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact number of each area.
- Our local drivers in each island will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, in order to meet you and transfer you to your hotel.
- We provide you FAST FERRY TICKETS in order to spend more time in each Island. Sometimes the ferry route can be changed depending on the shipping company’s schedule. In any case, we will modify the program accordingly. Also note that we can provide you AIR TICKETS instead off ferry tickets with extra supplement.
Our driver will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and he will help you with your baggage, and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues
- We provide you 4* star & 3* star hotels accommodation. You can ask for an upgrade in 5 stars hotels.
- We suggest you collaborated hotels in each island you visit. Our company's policy is in agreement with changes in your place of accommodation and in the hotels, upon agreement, on extra supplement if it is needed
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE & CUSTOMIZED only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 5 euros per room per day for 5*star hotels - Paid at the hotel.
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 until 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 until 19.30
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / persons for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 50 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 50 days to 30 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 29 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.