All year, any time that you want.
10 Day Tour in classical Greece & Santorini
We created 10 day tour to visit UNESCO's heritage sites such as Acropolis, Ancient Corinth, the "Golden City of Mycenae", Ancient Olympia, Delphi, Meteora combining visits direct to the Greek natural beauty, traveling with Cog Railway to Cave of Lake in Kalavryta. Next stop will be Santorini called Lost City of Atlantis.
Santorini is stunningly beautiful and is the destination that you don’t want to miss, because the houses are built up on the rim of volcano, that is a unique landscape of the world. One of the top things to do while here is enjoy the sunset via a cruise tour.
It is worth to go ahead with this 10 day Greek tour package covering Mainland and the beautiful island of Santorini getting the early booking discounted rates!
DAY 1 / ATHENS- CORINTH – CAVE OF LAKES & JOURNEY WITH COG RAILWAY NAFPLIO:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 09.00 o’clock and driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, an hour later, we will make our first stop, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul. We will have the chance to visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul or Galionas, a large elevated rostrum standing prominently in the center of the Roman Forum of ancient Corinth. Then we will arrive at "Diakofto" to take the Cog Railway (Odontotos) which links Kalavrita with Diakopto through Vouraikos Canyon; one of the most beautiful natural sights and of the most spectacular railway rides in Greece. It has been mentioned as the most beautiful train trip in Balkans. The little train travels through streams climbing the fantastic narrow gorge up into the mountains, through tunnels, over waterfalls, along cliffs and through forests of pine and oleander. The journey ends at the town of Kalavryta. Our driver will meet you there to continue the tour at the mysterious, magnificent and unique "Cave of the Lakes", a rare creation of Nature. Consisted of 13 in total Small and large lakes, with different colors each one, depending on the oxides contained in the rocks. You will see the wonderful «hanging bridge» and the «waterfalls» «falling» that will cause you the feeling a floating corridor. Overnight in Nafplio
DAY 2 / NAFPLIO –MYCENAE – EPIDAURUS - OLYMPIA:
- After your breakfast, you will have time to visit either Palamidi castle, which you can reach by climbing 999 steps (!), or to take a small boat and visit ''Bourtzi',' the fortress at the entrance of the harbor. Then, we will leave for Epidaurus and we will visit the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, famous for the breathtaking acoustics that is still functioning today! After this, we will head back to Nafplio to have lunch (optional), and then we will leave for the famous ancient town of Mycenae and the Archaeological site - the Lion Gate, the Cyclopean Walls, the Royal Palace and the tomb of Agamemnon. Finally we will reach at Ancient Olympia for Overnight.
DAY 3 / ANCIENT OLYMPIA - DELPHI:
- At 09.00 o’clock we will visit the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, where the first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. The temple of Zeus is located there which is the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Dedicated to Zeus, in which in antiquity was hosted one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world. You will also visit the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Finally you end up to the stadium, where the marble starting blocks are still in position. Leaving Ancient Olympia, we will cross over the amazing bridge of Rion – Antirion, one of the biggest bridges in Europe. For the wine lovers, we suggest a tasting tour in a winery. Then we will head to Naupactus, a beautiful seaside small town, where you can visit the Venetian Castle, the Venetian Port, and after lunch we will reach at Delphi for overnight
DAY 4 / DELPHI - METEORA:
- After your breakfast, our driver will drive you at the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre, with a capacity that exceeds 5,000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi. Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Afterwards, we can visit the traditional winter village of Arachova and have a coffee or lunch break. Depart from Arachova and driving through Central Greece we arrive in Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Overnight Meteora.
DAY 5 / METEORA – ATHENS:
- Visit Meteora enjoying a unique and implosive scenery of ageless monasteries, containing priceless historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks. We are going to visit the first great monastery of Varlaam, (or Grand Meteoro) founded on the 16th century and located on the top of a rock at 380m height! Our second visit will be at the Monastery of St. Stephan, of the 15th century, also built on the top of the top of another huge rock where you will admire a small treasure of Byzantine and Christian items at the museum inside the monastery! Return to Athens passing by the small towns of Domokos, Kamena Vourla, at the seaside and Thermopiles where the statue of Leonidas is on display as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. Our driver will drop you off at your hotel late in the afternoon. Overnight in Athens
DAY 6 / PRIVATE CITY TOUR ATHENS
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel to start your excellent half day tour in Athens. The Athens Sightseeing tour starts with a panoramic city and our first stop at Panathinaiko Stadium, the place where the first Olympic Games of the modern times took place in 1896. You will then pass by the Athens Trilogy and many other attractions of Athens. Then we will have the chance to visit its ancient Acropolis & Parthenon (visit Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens). We will visit the Plaka is a neighborhood that sits below the Acropolis, plenty of shops, tavernas, and restaurants to walk at the beautiful narrow streets to see and admire the Greek culture. Do not miss the chance to taste the famous "Souvlaki" The duration of the tour takes about 5 hours. Overnight in Athens
DAY 7: PIRAEUS PORT – SANTORINI ISLAND:
- Our driver meet you at your hotel to transfer you at Piraeus port to get the ferry departing at about 07.00 to reach in Santorini at about 11.55. Santorini is stunningly beautiful and is the destination that you won't must to miss, because the houses is built up on the rim of volcano that is a unique landscape of the world.One of the top things to do while here is enjoy the sunset via a cruise tour. Overnight in Santorini
DAY 8 / (optional) CRUISE SUNSET TOUR TO VOLCANO WITH BUFFET ON BOARD
- Pick you up from your hotel after noon to start the excellent sunset cruise tour to volcano having our first stop at the famous volcano of Santorini! Should you are interested to be guided at the volcano. Then, you will walk to the volcano’s ridge with your guide and he is going to explain you everything about the history and the geology of the volcano. You will stay at the volcanic island for 1.5hr and in the end you will embark again to our boat for the next stop. Our next stop.. READ MORE Overnight in Santorini
DAY 9 (optional) TOUR AT THE EXCAVATION OF AKROTIRI, VILLAGES AND WINE TOUR, OIA SUNSET
- Pick up from your hotel to start your a great excursion in Santorini. We will visit the village of Megalochori to admire the Cycladic culture and we will pass by the famous Red Beach or Black Beach. We will then visit the excavations of Akrotiri and the famous area of Oia..READ MORE Overnight in Santorini
DAY 10 / DEPARTURE DAY:
- Transfer from your hotel to Santorini Airport according to your flight details.
- Journey with the Cog Railway
- Cave of Lakes at Kalavryta
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- City of Nafplio
- Ancient Olympia
- Delphi & Museum
- Kalambaka& Meteora Monasteries
- Santorini island
- Volcano in Santorini
- Sunset at Oia
- Transportation by private car
- English speaking driver
- Private tour in Athens
- Transfer from/to Santorini airport/port/hotel
- Transfer from Athens Hotel to Piraeus Port
- Fast ferry tickets from Piraeus port to Santorini port
- 9 Nights’ Accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- Welcome bag with Gifts upon your arrival
- Entrance fees at archaeological sites or museums
- Meals, Personal expenses
- Optional tours & Tour Guide
- Hotel City Tax
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 3 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card
- b/ Require more information
- c/ Pay now only 30% as payment in advance in order your tour to be confirmed
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
You have the choice, as shown below, in order to have a tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- You can book a local tour guide in each site you will visit
- You can book an escort with good knowledge that will provide his services and guide you until you enter archaeological sites and museums
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicle
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
- Upon our meeting in Athens we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact number of each area.
- Our local drivers in each island will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, in order to meet you and transfer you to your hotel.
- We provide you FAST FERRY TICKETS in order to spend more time in each Island. Sometimes the ferry route can be changed depending on the shipping company’s schedule. In any case, we will modify the program accordingly. Also note that we can provide you AIR TICKETS instead off ferry tickets with extra supplement.
Our driver will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and he will help you with your baggage, and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues
- We provide you 4* star & 3* star hotels accommodation. You can ask for an upgrade in 5 stars hotels.
- Please note that the hotesl in our proposed program may be changed, depending on the availability and the time that you will make the booking. In any case we will book hotels at the same level
- We suggest collaborating hotels in each island you visit. Our company's policy is in agreement with changes in your place of accommodation and in the hotels, upon agreement, on extra supplement if it is needed
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 5 euros per room per day for 5*star hotels - Paid at the hotel.
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 until 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 until 19.30
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / persons for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 40 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.