All year, any time that you want.
10 Day Tour in classical Greece & Santorini
We created 10 day tour to visit UNESCO's heritage sites such as Acropolis, Ancient Corinth, the "Golden City of Mycenae", Ancient Olympia, Delphi, Meteora combining visits direct to the Greek natural beauty, traveling with Cog Railway to Cave of Lake in Kalavryta. Next stop will be Santorini called Lost City of Atlantis.
Santorini is stunningly beautiful and is the destination that you don’t want to miss, because the houses are built up on the rim of volcano, that is a unique landscape of the world. One of the top things to do while here is enjoy the sunset via a cruise tour. It is worth to go ahead with this 10-day Greek tour package covering Mainland and the beautiful island of Santorini getting the early booking discounted rates!
DAY 1: ATHENS- CORINTH – CAVE OF LAKES & JOURNEY WITH COG RAILWAY - NAFPLIO:
- Meet your private driver at the hotel and driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, we will make our first stop, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul. Then we will arrive at "Diakofto" to take the Cog Railway (Odontotos) which links Kalavrita with Diakopto through Vouraikos Canyon; one of the most beautiful natural sights and of the most spectacular railway rides in Greece. It has been mentioned as the most beautiful train trip in Balkans. The little train travels through streams climbing the fantastic narrow gorge up into the mountains, through tunnels, over waterfalls, along cliffs and through forests of pine and oleander. At the end of rail trip our driver will meet you at Kalavryta to continue the tour, at the magnificent "Cave of the Lakes", a rare creation of Nature. Consisted of 13 in total Small and large lakes, with different colors each one, depending on the oxides contained in the rocks. You will see the wonderful «hanging bridge» and the «waterfalls» «falling» that will cause you the feeling a floating corridor. Overnight in Nafplio
DAY 2: NAFPLIO –MYCENAE – EPIDAURUS - OLYMPIA:
- After your breakfast, you will have time to visit either Palamidi castle, which you can reach by climbing 999 steps (!), or to take a small boat and visit ''Bourtzi',' the fortress at the entrance of the harbor. Then, we will leave for Epidaurus and we will visit the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, famous for the breathtaking acoustics that is still functioning today! After this, we will head back to Nafplio to have lunch (optional), and then we will leave for the famous ancient town of Mycenae and the Archaeological site - the Lion Gate, the Cyclopean Walls, the Royal Palace and the tomb of Agamemnon. Finally we will reach at Ancient Olympia for Overnight.
DAY 3: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - DELPHI:
- Start early in the morning your self driving tour by visiting the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, the place that the first ever Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. Visit the remains of the gymnasium, the palestra (practice ground for the wrestlers), the VIP hotel, the troughs that held olive-oil balm for the athletes, and plinths for the victors' statues, complete with their footprints, are all still here. The stadium's banks, the surrounding hills and the sky above are exactly as they were. Also, there you will see the temple of Zeus the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece and one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world. Then you will cross over the amazing bridge of Rio – Antirio, one of the biggest in Europe, to reach at Naupactus. We recommend you having a lunch in this beautiful seaside small town, surrounded by the Venetian Castle, next to the Venetian Port. Delphi for overnight
DAY 4: DELPHI - METEORA:
- After your breakfast, our driver will drive you at the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre, with a capacity that exceeds 5,000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi. Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Afterwards, we can visit the traditional winter village of Arachova and have a coffee or lunch break. Depart from Arachova and driving through Central Greece we arrive in Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Overnight Meteora.
DAY 5: METEORA – ATHENS:
- Visit Meteora enjoying a unique and implosive scenery of ageless monasteries, containing priceless historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks. We are going to visit the first great monastery of Varlaam, (or Grand Meteoro) founded on the 16th century and located on the top of a rock at 380m height! Our second visit will be at the Monastery of St. Stephan, of the 15th century, also built on the top of the top of another huge rock where you will admire a small treasure of Byzantine and Christian items at the museum inside the monastery! Return to Athens passing by the small towns of Domokos, Kamena Vourla, at the seaside and Thermopiles where the statue of Leonidas is on display as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. Our driver will drop you off at your hotel late in the afternoon. Overnight in Athens
DAY 6: PRIVATE TOUR IN ATHENS:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel to start your excellent half day tour in Athens. The Athens Sightseeing tour starts with a panoramic city and our first stop at Panathinaiko Stadium, the place where the first Olympic Games of the modern times took place in 1896. You will then pass by the Athens Trilogy and many other attractions of Athens. Then we will have the chance to visit its ancient Acropolis & Parthenon (visit Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens). We will visit the Plaka is a neighborhood that sits below the Acropolis, plenty of shops, tavernas, and restaurants to walk at the beautiful narrow streets to see and admire the Greek culture. Do not miss the chance to taste the famous "Souvlaki" The duration of the tour takes about 5 hours. Overnight in Athens
DAY 7: PIRAEUS PORT – SANTORINI ISLAND:
- Our driver meet you at your hotel to transfer you at Piraeus port to get the ferry departing at about 07.00 to reach in Santorini at about 11.55. Santorini is stunningly beautiful and is the destination that you won't must to miss, because the houses is built up on the rim of volcano that is a unique landscape of the world.One of the top things to do while here is enjoy the sunset via a cruise tour. Overnight in Santorini
DAY 8: SANTORINI ISLAND:
- (opional) Sunset Cruise to Volcano with buffet on board. Pick you up from your hotel after noon to start the excellent sunset cruise tour to volcano having our first stop at the famous volcano of Santorini! Then, you will walk to the volcano’s ridge with your guide and he is going to explain you everything about the history and the geology of the volcano. Our next stop will be the island of Palea Kameni where the famous hot springs are located on the west side. Dinner on board sailing above the underwater craters from Palia Kameni to Thirasia Island, the boat will anchor close to the island in order to enjoy your dinner. The end of the excursion comes on sunset time. Our boat will stop very close to Oia village where you will have the chance to watch the warm light of the setting sun under the violet sky before the night falls. This is the most unforgettable experience as the Caldera and the village of Oia will turn into gold color! Overnight in Santorini.
DAY 9: SANTORINI ISLAND:
- (optional) Tour to the most of highlights of Santorini. Group tour in Santorini to visit the most highlights of Santorini. Visit traditional villages the famous Red & Black beach, we will have a visit at Prophet Elias Monastery located at the higher point of the Island. Walking tour in the traditional village of Emporio and the village of Megalochori to view the white houses and the endless blue! We will visit the area of Imerovigli just above to the rocks of Caldera and finally we will reach at the cosmopolitan area of Oia to get panoramic photos of Caldera. The tour starting at 11.00 and finished at the end of the sunset. Overnight in Santorini
DAY 10 / DEPARTURE DAY:
- Transfer from your hotel to Santorini Airport according to your flight details.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers ...Read more
- Journey with the Cog Railway
- Cave of Lakes at Kalavryta
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- City of Nafplio
- Ancient Olympia
- Delphi & Museum
- Kalambaka& Meteora Monasteries
- Santorini island
- Volcano in Santorini
- Sunset at Oia
- Transportation by private car
- English speaking driver
- Private tour in Athens
- Transfer from/to Santorini airport/port/hotel
- Transfer from Athens Hotel to Piraeus Port
- Fast ferry tickets from Piraeus port to Santorini port
- 9 Nights’ Accommodation with breakfast
- Welcome bag with Gifts upon your arrival
- 24/7 Ground support
- All taxes
- Entrance fees at archaeological sites or museums
- Meals, Personal expenses
- Optional tours & Tour Guide
- Hotel City Tax
- All our drivers speak English very well and have high experience and have well knowledge for the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each site but are not official guides.
- It is not needed to have tour guide during the tour in Santorini as it a self-guided trip.
- But we suggest you to have a tour guide during the visits in Delphi, Meteora and Athens
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- In Santorini, our local driver will be waiting at the port or airport in each island, holding a sign with your name written on it, in order to meet you and transfer you to your hotel.
- We provide you FAST FERRY TICKETS in order to spend more time in each Island. Sometimes the ferry route can be changed depending on the shipping company’s schedule. In any case, we will modify the program accordingly. Also note that we can provide you AIR TICKETS instead off ferry tickets with extra supplement.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- In Santorini, your hotel located at "Kamari area" on the famous “Black Beach” of course you can ask us to stay at Imerovilgi, Fira town or Oia maybe with extra supplement.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 5 euros per room per day for 5*star hotels - Paid at the hotel.
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 until 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 until 19.30
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 40 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.