All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
Shore Excursion Patmos, Grotto of Apocalypses....
This Private Shore excursion in Patmos is a great opportunity to visit the Grotto of the Apocalypse the frescoes to the left of the entrance portray the miracles and travels of St. John the Evangelist, as written by Prochorus, a supposed disciple. The fresco to the right of the entrance portrays St. John's battle with the priest of Apollo at Patmos.
St. John threw Kynops into the water of the harbor at Skala, and Kynops turned to stone. The rock is still pointed out as a local landmark in the harbor. The next visit is the Monastery of St. John and the Chapel of Virgin Mary: 12th century frescoes were uncovered by 1956 earthquake that shattered the 17th century coverings. You will walk at the narrow streets of Chora of Patmos or you will have a coffee break at Grikos Bay. The duration is about 4 hours.
- Our driver pick you up from the port of Skala taking the coastal road passing the South end of the island to the Convent of Evangelismos, which lays in a beautiful setting surrounded by well-kept gardens with a spectacular view over the bay of Kipi. The original chapel of St. Luke dates from 1613 and the Convent itself was founded in 1937. We have the opportunity to see a wonderful collection of frescoes painted by the nun Olympia who died within the last decade. This large Convent is a wonderful example of ecclesiastical architecture and houses an exhibition where examples of handicrafts made by the nuns can be purchased.
- We continue through a labyrinth of atmospheric lanes winding their way to the foot of the Monastery of St. John the Theologian built in the 11th century. Here one can get a glimpse of monastic life and absorb timeless history through the magnificent ecclesiastical artifacts of its museum. Among the Monastery's treasures are frescoes of the founder Christodoulos and miracles of St. John, ancient documents dating from the 6th century, vestments, silverware and numerous icons including a work attributed to El Greco.
- Next stop will be at Grikos Bay that located in the south east side of the island. Grikos is a popular place to have a rest or a coffee break before to return back to the ship. It is characteristically calm, even during August It has the longest beach, with natural tree shadows and crystal clear water. There is a small island just opposite Grikos bay that is populated by goats and their shepherds. The duration is about 4 hours.
- Monastery of Saint John
- Museum Cave of the Apocalypse
- Convent of Evangelismos Convent
- Chora -Town of Patmos
- Grikos bay
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation / Air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- English speaking driver
- All taxes
- Entrance fees
- Meals & personal expenses
In order to take full advantage of your tour in Greece, we strongly suggest you to book your tour with a licensed tour guide in order to get the most out of your tour.
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicles
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano with leather interior, dark glasses, and fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
When you arrive at the port, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues.
24/7 - Free communication, with the travel department, via the WhatsApp application is offered, within the preparation period and during your customized excursions!
Our SHORE EXCURSIONS are absolutely private only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the program to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 15 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 14 days prior to the start of the tour or non - shows, full cancellation fees apply
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece