All year, any time that you want.
Private Day Trip to Monasteries of Meteora from Athens...
Private day tour to Monasteries of Meteora from Athens. Get impressed by the natural beauty of the rocks, and by the way monasteries are lying on some of the cliffs. Visit Meteora, the ageless monasteries that combine both historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks.
Visit the rock monasteries with a classical day tour from Athens, that have been characterized by UNESCO as a unique phenomenon of cultural heritage one of the most important culture of Greece. Admire the creation of God and man. Dare to be enchanted by the amazing view and the picturesque architecture of Kalambaka, where you can taste the traditional Greek cuisine! Visit the historic Thermopylae, where the battle that changed the course of Greek history took place! Book this full day private tour in Meteora from Athens now!
10 Reasons to visit Meteora:
- Visit the Monastery of Holly Trinity famous of James Bond movie!
- To admire the six Monasteries (Great Meteoro, Varlaam, S. Stephan, Rousanou etc) that are in operation today and receive many pilgrims. Most of them were founded in the 14th century.
- To climb the 300 steps leading to the highest peak of the biggest rock and visit the Monastery of the Transfiguration.
- To visit a very old and strange church, the Assumption
- To experience moments of relaxation and culinary delights in the shadow of Meteora.
- To follow the oldest human footprints ever discovered in the cave Theopetra
- To get an amulet for a scarf from the St. George.
- Walk the streets of the picturesque old quarter of the amphitheater built Kastraki.
- To go up to the oldest settlement of Kalambaka to discover the fountain with magical properties.
ATHENS - MONASTERIES OF METEORA - ATHENS:
- Our driver will pick you up at 08.00 am from your hotel or from Piraeus port. After you meet, you will start this incredible journey following the road towards Thermopylae. We will visit the "Thermopylae Museum", which is next to the monument of King Leonidas, in the historic Thermopylae, dedicated to the 480 BC battle that changed the course of Greek history, as 300 Spartans fought against Persian Empire. The Center presents history as an interactive narrative and discourse: In its three exhibition halls, multimedia applications offer visitors a virtual trip to the time and battlefields of the Persian Wars as described by the ancient historian Herodotus, while the very battle of Thermopylae comes alive at a digital 3D movie. Here is the link to review the museum: http://culture.lamia.gr.
- Afterwards we will visit Meteora, having our first stop at the Great Meteoro (or similar) which is the largest and the oldest of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), due to the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is to the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan, (or similar) which is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. This monastery rests on the plain rather than on a cliff. It was damaged by the Nazis during World War II who believed it was harboring insurgents and was abandoned.
- Then, nuns took it over and reconstructed it. Furthermore, you will admire a small treasure of Byzantine and Christian items, at the museum inside the monastery. This wonderful tour will be completed at the picturesque villages of Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries, where you will have a traditional Greek lunch. We will return you back to your hotel at approximately 20.30.
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Monastery of Varlaam or similar
- Monastery of St. Stephan or similar
- Village of Kastraki
- The Monument of King Leonidas
- Thermopylae Museum
- English speaking Driver
- Transportation with private car or Mini Van
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Goody bag with gifts upon our meeting
- All Taxes
- Entrance fees at the Monasteries
- Meals and personal expenes
- Official Tour Guide
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 3 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card
- b/ Require more information
- c/ Pay now only 30% as payment in advance in order your tour to be confirmed
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- You have the choice, as shown below, in order to have a tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- You can book a local tour guide in each site you will visit
- You can book an escort with good knowledge that will provide his services and guide you until you enter archaeological sites and museums
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicle
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
Our driver will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and he will help you with your baggage, and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues
- We provide you 4* star hotels and 3* stars hotels. You can ask for an upgrade in 5* stars hotels
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depending on the availability and the time that you will make the booking. In any case we will book hotels at the same level
- If you want to extend your stay, we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 5 euros per room per day for 5*star hotels - Paid at the hotel.
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.