- All year, any time that you wish.
Trip to Monasteries of Meteora from Athens...
12 Hours: One-day private tour to Meteora form Athens is a unique and fascinating destination located in central Greece, known for their spectacular scenery and rich religious history. If you're visiting Athens and have a day to spare, a private tour to the Monasteries of Meteora is an excellent way to explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Your tour will begin with pickup from your hotel in Athens, followed by a scenic drive through the Greek countryside. Along the way, you'll pass through picturesque villages and enjoy stunning views of the surrounding landscape. Upon arrival in Meteora, you'll visit several of the area's most famous monasteries, each perched atop towering rock formations. Your knowledgeable guide will provide you with insights into the monasteries' religious significance and architectural features, as well as the history of the region.
You'll also have plenty of time to explore the monasteries at your own pace and take in the stunning views of the surrounding landscape. After visiting the monasteries, you'll enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant, where you'll have the chance to sample traditional Greek cuisine. Finally, you'll return to Athens, where you'll be dropped off at your hotel. Overall, this one-day private tour to the Monasteries of Meteora from Athens is an excellent way to experience the beauty and history of this fascinating region.
- Experience the rich history of Greece on our private tour from Athensto Monasteries of Meteora! Our professional driver will pick you up at 08.00 am from your hotel or from Piraeus port for a journey towards Thermopylae, a historic site that witnessed the famous 480 BC battle between the Greek forces and Persian Empire. Visit the monument of King Leonidas, getting memorable photos
- Afterward, we will visit Meteora, a UNESCO World Heritage site and home to stunning rock formations and ancient monasteries. Our first stop is the Great Meteoro, the largest and oldest monastery built atop a massive rock formation, and also known as the "monastery suspended in the air." Marvel at the stunning views and learn about the history of this incredible place.
- Next, we will visit the small but significant Monastery of St. Stephan, built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. This monastery was damaged during World War II and abandoned, but it was reconstructed by nuns and now houses a museum with Byzantine and Christian items.
- Finally, we will conclude our tour at the charming village of Kalambaka, built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Enjoy a traditional Greek lunch and soak up the local culture before we return you to your hotel at approximately 20.00. Book now and immerse yourself in the fascinating history and natural beauty of Greece!
- Discover the stunning Meteora monasteries with a private day tour
- Marvel at the UNESCO World HeritaEnjoy a comfortable ride in a minivan with a knowledgeable driver
- Customize your itinerary and explore at your own pace
- Experience the beauty of the Greek countryside on the way to Meteora
- Learn about the fascinating history and culture of the region
- Visit the historical monasteries perched atop towering rock formations
- Capture breathtaking photos of the unique landscape and architecture
- Enjoy a memorable and educational day trip from Athens to Meteora.Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Licensed Tour Guide (available upon request)
- Entry/Admission -Monasteries of Meteora
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip, we suggest you have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- 3 euro / person / Monastery
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 4 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 3 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.