- All year, any time that you wish.
Trip to Monasteries of Meteora from Athens...
Private tour to Monasteries of Meteora from Athens. Get impressed by the natural beauty of the rocks, and by the way monasteries are lying on some of the cliffs. Visit Meteora, the ageless monasteries that combine both historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks.
Visit the Monasteries of Meteora from Athens, that have been characterized by UNESCO as a unique phenomenon of cultural heritage one of the most important culture of Greece. Admire the creation of God and man. Dare to be enchanted by the amazing view and the picturesque architecture of Kalambaka, where you can taste the traditional Greek cuisine! Visit the historic Thermopylae, where the battle that changed the course of Greek history took place! Book this full day private tour in Meteora from Athens now!
10 Reasons to visit Meteora:
- Visit the Monastery of Holly Trinity famous of James Bond movie!
- To admire the six Monasteries (Great Meteoro, Varlaam, S. Stephan, Rousanou etc) that are in operation today and receive many pilgrims. Most of them were founded in the 14th century.
- To climb the 300 steps leading to the highest peak of the biggest rock and visit the Monastery of the Transfiguration.
- To visit a very old and strange church, the Assumption
- To experience moments of relaxation and culinary delights in the shadow of Meteora.
- To follow the oldest human footprints ever discovered in the cave Theopetra
- To get an amulet for a scarf from the St. George.
- To admire the glorious sunset over the rocks of Monasteries
- Walk the streets of the picturesque old quarter of the amphitheater built Kastraki.
- To go up to the oldest settlement of Kalambaka to discover the fountain with magical properties.
ATHENS - MONASTERIES OF METEORA - ATHENS:
- Our driver will pick you up at 08.00 am from your hotel or from Piraeus port. After you meet, you will start this incredible journey following the road towards Thermopylae. We will visit the "Thermopylae Museum", which is next to the monument of King Leonidas, in the historic Thermopylae, dedicated to the 480 BC battle that changed the course of Greek history, as 300 Spartans fought against Persian Empire. The Center presents history as an interactive narrative and discourse: In its three exhibition halls, multimedia applications offer visitors a virtual trip to the time and battlefields of the Persian Wars as described by the ancient historian Herodotus, while the very battle of Thermopylae comes alive at a digital 3D movie. Here is the link to review the museum: http://culture.lamia.gr.
- Afterwards we will visit Meteora, having our first stop at the Great Meteoro (or similar) which is the largest and the oldest of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), due to the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is to the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan, (or similar) which is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. This monastery rests on the plain rather than on a cliff. It was damaged by the Nazis during World War II who believed it was harboring insurgents and was abandoned.
- Then, nuns took it over and reconstructed it. Furthermore, you will admire a small treasure of Byzantine and Christian items, at the museum inside the monastery. This wonderful tour will be completed at the picturesque villages of Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries, where you will have a traditional Greek lunch. We will return you back to your hotel at approximately 20.30.
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Monastery of Varlaam or similar
- Monastery of St. Stephan or similar
- Village of Kastraki
- The Monument of King Leonidas
- Thermopylae Museum
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Baby seat or booster without extra charge (upon request)
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission -Monasteries of Meteora
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip, we suggest you have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- 3 euro / person / Monastery
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 4 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 3 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.