- All Year.
5 Day Tour Peloponnese, Mystras, Sparta, Diros Cave...
Embark on a journey through time with our 5-day classical tour package in Peloponnese! This personalized private tour offers comfort and safety with our chauffeured services as you explore some of the most historic and beautiful sites in Greece. Beginning with the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus and the famous ancient town of Mycenae, you'll immerse yourself in the mythology and history of Greece.
From there, you'll visit the seaside town of Nafplio, widely considered one of the most romantic towns in Greece. Next, you'll have the opportunity to explore the byzantine town of Mystras and ancient Sparta, both offering breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape and steeped in history. Finally, you'll travel to the old town of Monemvasia, a perfectly preserved medieval settlement that is still inhabited today. And of course, no VIP tour to Greece would be complete without enjoying the local cuisine, with a huge variety of dishes made from ingredients that are sourced directly from mother nature. Our personalized private tour offers the perfect balance of history, culture, and relaxation. With exclusive access to these sites and the comfort and safety of our chauffeured services, you'll experience a Greece that's truly off the beaten path.
Day 1: Argolis, Mycenae, Epidaurus, Nafplio, and Sparta:
Meet your private driver at your hotel at approximately 8:30 am and taken along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, where you will stop at the impressive Canal of Corinth for memorable photos. Our journey continue for Argolis, a region steeped in ancient history. Our first stop will be the ancient city of Mycenae, once the center of the Mycenaean civilization. Here, we will explore the impressive ruins of the palace, the Treasury of Atreus, and the Tomb of Agamemnon. We will then proceed to Epidaurus, renowned for its ancient theater, which is considered to have some of the best acoustics in the world. After admiring the theater, we will make our way to the charming town of Nafplio, where you will have some free time to explore its picturesque streets and enjoy lunch. Finally, we will arrive at Sparta, where we will spend the night. Overnight in Sparta
DAY 2: Sparta, Mystras, and Monemvassia
- On the second day of our tour, we will take you on a fascinating journey through some of Greece's most historic and awe-inspiring destinations. Our first stop will be the Museum of Olive Oil in Sparta, where you can discover the rich history and importance of olive production in Greece. Alternatively, you can choose to visit the Archeological Museum and explore ancient artifacts and relics from Sparta's past. Next, we will continue to the stunning Byzantine town of Mystras, where you can immerse yourself in the captivating medieval ambiance. Take a stroll through the castle city's Upper and Lower Town, marvel at the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, and admire the intricate architecture of the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios, Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa and Οur Lady Perivleptos.
Afterwards, we will visit the enchanting Tower Town of Monemvassia, a mystical stone-built settlement founded by the Byzantines in the sixth century. Wander through the narrow cobbled streets of the Upper and Lower parts of the town, and marvel at the beautifully restored stone buildings. We recommend you to indulge in local culinary delights at a fine restaurant situated on the roof of a tower house. In the late afternoon, we will return to Sparta for an overnight stay. Overnight in Sparta
DAY 3: Sparta, Diros Caves, and Ancient Olympia:
- After a scrumptious breakfast, we will leave Sparta and make a short stop at the picturesque coastal town of Gythio before heading to our first destination. Our next stop is Areopolis and Diros, renowned for their spectacular subterranean caves that form part of an underground river. These caves stretch over 5,000 meters and can be accessed by small boats and narrow passageways. You will be surrounded by stunning stalagmites and stalactites formations, while getting a glimpse of the Paleolithic and Neolithic times when the caves were used as places of worship, and believed to be the entrance to the underworld. Afterwards, we will proceed to the charming coastal villages of Stoupa and Kardamili, two of the most beautiful destinations in Southern Peloponnese. You can indulge in swimming or enjoy a delicious lunch at one of the local tavernas.
Finally reaching our destination, Ancient Olympia, where we will stay overnight. Overnight in Olympia
DAY 4: Ancient Olympia to Delphi:
Kick off your day early with a visit to Ancient Olympia, the site of the first Olympic Games in 776 B.C. Nestled in a lush valley formed by the Alfios river, the sanctuary is home to a number of iconic landmarks, including the temple of Zeus, considered the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Discover other notable attractions like the temple of Hera, the Council house, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium, the Palestra, and the Stadium where athletes competed in the ancient Olympic Games. Feel the excitement and awe of these ancient athletic contests as you explore the site. Despite its secluded location, Olympia became the most significant religious and athletic center in Greece, and its rich history and beauty still attract visitors from all over the world. After your visit to the site, we recommend stopping at the wine castle, the oldest winery in Greece, to sample some of its renowned wines and soak in the beautiful landscape. Next, we'll cross the impressive Rio-Antirio bridge, one of the largest in Europe, to reach the charming coastal town of Naupactus. Take a stroll around the town's beautiful Venetian Castle and Port, and savor a delicious lunch at one of the local restaurants.Finally, we'll arrive at Delphi, where you can spend the night. Overnight Delphi
DAY 5: Delphi, Acachova Village & Osios Loucas Monastery:
- We'll begin our day by visiting two of Delphi's most iconic landmarks: the Castalia Spring and the Temple of Apollo. Learn about the rich history and mythology behind these ancient sites. We'll then make our way to the Delphi museum, where you'll marvel at a collection of artifacts, including the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifnians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos, and the metopes of the Athenian treasury, among others. Our next stop will be the magnificent Byzantine Monastery of Hosios Loukas, an 11th-century masterpiece of Byzantine architecture that is included in the UNESCO World Heritage list. On our way back to Athens, we'll make a stop at the charming mountain village of Arachova, where you can savor a delicious lunch at a traditional Greek tavern. Finally, we'll drop you off at your hotel in Athens in the evening,
***Travel Insurance: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Read More
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Romantic city Nauplio
- Ancient Mycenae
- Town of Sparta
- Tower Town of Mystras
- Tower Town of Monemvasia
- Gythio, Areopolis
- Diros Caves
- Stoupa or Kardamili village
- Ancient Olympia
- City of Naupaktos
- Delphi & Museum
- Village of Arachova
- St. Loukas Monastery
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- 4 Nights accommodation with Breakfast
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission in archeological sites
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel city tax
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.