All year, any time that you want.
5 Day Tour Peloponnese, Mystras, Sparta, Diros Cave...
Book now this special 5-day classical private tour in Peloponnese to visit Monemvassia, Sparta, Mystras, Diros Caves and Delphi & travel in areas full of history, get enchanted by beautiful landscapes and feel like you live in another age! Visit traditional cities full of history and archaeological sites of great importance, always with safety of our chauffeured services!
Visit the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, one of the best Ancient Theatres worldwide. Pay a visit at the famous ancient town of Mycenae, where the Mycenaean civilization thrived between 1650 and 1200 BC, and visit the excavation findings of the Mycenae Palace and the Mycenaean Tombs. Tour in the most romantic town of Greece, the seaside town of Nafplio, the first capital city of Greece! Visit the byzantine town of Mystras, pay a visit at Sparta, founded in the 9th century and developed into the most powerful military city and explore the old town of Monemvasia, a perfectly preserved medieval settlement still inhabited! Visit Diros caves, explore its marvelous caves with the stalactites and the stalagmites and live a true cave experience! Join the Olympic Games spirit which unites all countries worldwide, by visiting their birthplace, Ancient Olympia, where the first games were held back in 776 B.C. Visit Nafpactus, a beautiful seaside small town, tour at the Venetian Port and admire the view by the Venetian Castle. Tour in Delphi, one of the most important archaeological sites of Greece, and visit the Ancient Oracle, where is said that Pythia delivered oracles that influenced major and minor affairs around the Mediterranean. Visit the wonderful Byzantine Monastery of St. Loukas, considered to be the epitome of the Byzantine architecture. Also we will visit Thermopiles, where the battle, of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire, took place.
DAY 1: ATHENS - ARGOLIS (MYCENAE - EPIDAURUS - NAFPLIO) - SPARTA:
- Departure from Athens (pick you up from your Hotel at about 08.30 a.m.) and driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, we will have our first stop, 1 hour later, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). Soon we reach at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, one of the best Ancient Theatres worldwide with amazing acoustic. We will stop for lunch or a coffee break, at one of the most romantic towns of Greece, the seaside town of Nafplio, first capital city of Modern Greece. Then, we will continue to the archaeological site of Mycenae, an ancient town with great power during the ancient years, with the famous ‘’Gate of Lions’’ and the ‘’Atreus King Tomb’’. Our first day will be finished at the famous town of Sparta for overnight.
DAY 2: SPARTA - MYSTRAS - MONEMVASIA - SPARTA:
- During our second day, we will first visit the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta, a great Museum showing the unique history of olive production in Greece. We continue to the nearby glory Byzantine town of Mystras. Let yourself be captivated by this destination’s medieval splendour. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa, and of Οur Lady Perivleptos. Afterwards, we will visit the second famous Tower Town of Peloponnesse, Monemvassia, a mystical stone-built settlement, nestled at the edge of a big rock by the sea that was founded by the Byzantines in the sixth century. Peer into the history of the fortress –the so-called “Gibraltar of the East”–, which was occupied by the Byzantines, the Crusaders, the Venetians, and the Turks in the past. Wander around its narrow cobbled streets, the Upper and the Lower part of the town, and admire the beautifully restored stone buildings. We suggest you to taste culinary delights at a fine restaurant on the roof of a tower house. Late in the afternoon we will return in Sparta for overnight.
DAY 3: SPARTA - ANCIENT OLYMPIA:
- After our breakfast, we leave Sparta and after a short stop at the picturesque small coastal town of Gythio, we arrive at Areopolis and Diros, famous for its marvelous subterranean caves, as a part of an underground river. About 5,000 meters have been exposed and accessible by small boats and through narrow passageways, surrounded by formations of stalagmites and stalactites. Caves have served as places of worship in Paleolithic and Neolithic times and their inhabitant believed that the caves were the entrance to the underworld. We can also visit the local museum and then we continue to some of the most beautiful places of Southern Peloponnese, the coastal villages of Stoupa and Kardamili, for swimming or lunch. We pass by the town of Kalamata and we will finally arrive at Ancient Olympia for overnight.
DAY 4: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - DELPHI:
- Start early in the morning, visiting the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, the place that the first ever Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. Ancient Olympia lies in the lush valley formed by the Alfios river. There you will visit the temple of Zeus the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Dedicated to Zeus, in antiquity the temple was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world, the gold and ivory statue of Zeus, which Phidias had created. Visit the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games and finally the Stadium, where the marble starting blocks are still in position! Although secluded near the west coast of the Peloponnese, Olympia became the most important religious and athletic center in Greece. Leaving Ancient Olympia, we suggest that you pay a visit at the wine castle, with a unique landscape with the stunning view, founded in 1861, the oldest winery in Greece. Then we will cross over the amazing bridge of Rio – Antirio, one of the biggest in Europe, in order to reach at Naupactus. We recommend you having a lunch in this beautiful seaside small town, surrounded by the Venetian Castle, next to the Venetian Port. Afterwards, we will reach at Delphi for overnight.
DAY 5: DELPHI – MONASTERY OF SAINT LOUKAS - ATHENS:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 09.00 in order to have a visit at the area of Delphi. You will visit the Castalia Sping, the Temple of Apollon, famous for its oracle, and Delphi museum, with its spectacular exhibits include the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifnians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos the metopes of the Athenian treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer, originally created to commemorate a victory during the 476 B.C. Pythian Games, and many other artifacts. The next visit will be at the wonderful Byzantine Monastery of St. Lukas. The Monastery of Saint Lukas is an 11th century monastery, the epitome of the Byzantine architecture, included in the UNESCO World Heritage list. Afterwards, you will have lunch at a traditional Greek tavern, before returning to Athens, late in the afternoon. .
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Romantic city Nauplio
- Ancient Mycenae
- Town of Sparta
- Tower Town of Mystras
- Tower Town of Monemvasia
- Gythio, Areopolis
- Diros Caves
- Stoupa or Kardamili village
- Ancient Olympia
- City of Naupaktos
- Delphi & Museum
- Village of Arachova
- St. Loukas Monastery
- English speaking Driver
- Transportation with private car or Mini Van
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- 4 Night's accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- Licensed Tour guide according to your selection
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- All Taxes
- Entrance fee at Archaeological site
- Meals and personal expenses
- Hotel City tax
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 3 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card
- b/ Require more information
- c/ Pay now only 30% as payment in advance in order your tour to be confirmed
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
You have the choice, as shown below, in order to have a tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- You can book a local tour guide in each site you will visit
- You can book an escort with good knowledge that will provide his services and guide you until you enter archaeological sites and museums
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicle
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
Our driver will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and he will help you with your baggage, and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues
- We provide you 4* star hotels and 3* stars hotels. You can ask for an upgrade in 5* stars hotels
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depending on the availability and the time that you will make the booking. In any case we will book hotels at the same level
- If you want to extend your stay, we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 5 euros per room per day for 5*star hotels - Paid at the hotel.
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 until 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 until 19.30
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / persons for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 4 euro / person for Diros Caves
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.