- All year, any time that you wish.
Shore Excursion in Argolis, Corinth, Mycenae...
With this Private shore excursion from Piraeus port, we will have a photo tour at the Canal and then a visit at Ancient Corinth and Ancient Agora who Apostle Paul walked and met his followers. Then we will visit the "golden" city of Mycenae, the city of the legendary king Atreus and Agamemnon...
One of the most important and most famous archaeological sites of Greece. The Mycenaean citadel is a fascinating place. The next visit will be at Sanctuary of Asklepios at Epidaurus. The Ancient Theater of Epidaurus is one of the most important ancient archaeological sites reflecting the splendor of the Greek culture. We will visit the city of Nafplio, the most romantic city of Greece.
You can walk around the narrow streets of the old town of Nafplio to admire the ancient walls, medieval castles, monuments and statues, Venetian or neoclassical buildings. Also you can visit the Castle of the Town, with the 999 steps (!) and the amazing view, or take a taxi boat to visit the small island of Bourtzi, in the middle of the city’s harbor, the fort on the sea and Nauplio’s trademark! The tour takes about 9 hours.
- Our driver will be waiting next to your cruise ship at Piraeus port holding a sign with your name written on it in order to meet you and start this special private shore excursion in Argolis, Peloponnese. (Ancient Corinth, Mycenae, Epidaurus, Nafplio). We will have our first short stop at the breathtaking Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height!).
- We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul. We will have the chance to visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul or Galionas, a large elevated rostrum standing prominently in the center of the Roman Forum of ancient Corinth and from where the city’s officials addressed the public (probably because of the monument’s connection to Saint Paul, the Bema was transformed into a Christian church during the Byzantine period), and we will walk at the same paths that Apostle of Nations walked and preached hundreds of years earlier.
- Will visit at the Ancient Theater of Epidaurus of the 15.000 spectators. Sanctuary of Asklepios at Epidaurus. Epidaurus is one of the most important ancient archaeological sites reflecting the splendor of the Greek culture, through its imposing beauty. The ancient town stands on the land of Argolida, overlooking the Saronic Gulf. The mountains Arachnaio, Koryfaio and Tithio embraced the ancient town and protected it against strong winds, endowing it with a very mild climate. Gurgling sparkling waterways, beautiful natural landscapes and the beneficial climate served to create the ideal location for engaging in man-healing practices with the help of the Gods. This is where Asklepieion was founded; it served as the main practice area for the Healer god of greek antiquity and it was the most important healing center of the entire Greek and roman world.
- We will visit Ancient Mycenae with the famous ‘’Gate of Lions’’ and ‘’Atreus King Tomb’’! The "golden" city of Mycenae, the city of the legendary king Atreus and Agamemnon, the one that was cited by Hommer and excavated by Eric Sleeman, is one of the most important and most famous archaeological sites of Greece. The Dorian migration was the outset of the decay of Mycenae, which was destroyed by the people of Argos in the 5th cent. B.C. and was abandoned in the 10th cent. The Mycenaean citadel is still a fascinating place.
- We will visit the city of Nafplio, the most romantic city of Greece. The town’s history traces back to the prehistoric era when soldiers from here participated in the Aeronautic expedition and the Trojan War alike. Ancient walls, medieval castles, monuments and statues, Ottoman fountains and Venetian or neoclassical buildings mesmerize the visitor with their unique architecture and beauty. You can have a traditional lunch here and then a walk next to the coast, or you can visit the Castle of the Town, with the 999 steps (!) and the amazing view, or take a taxi boat to visit the small island of Bourtzi, in the middle of the city’s harbor, the fort on the sea and Nafplio’s trademark!
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Corinth & Bema of Apostle Paul
- Ancient Mycenae & Lion Gate
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- City of Nauplio
- Castle of Nafplio, with the 999 steps
- Bourtzi of Nafplio
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Baby seat or booster without extra charge (upon request)
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - in Corinth, Mycenae, Epidaurus
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip, we suggest you have local guides during the trip to receive deep information
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- 10 euro / person / Corinth
- 12 euro / person / Mycenae
- 12 euro / person / Epidaurus
- Canal of Corinth is free
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.