All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
Private Tour Crete to Cave where Zeus born...
This excursion is ideal for those who love archeological and mythological events. Furthermore, you will see the Cretan local culture as we will pass and visit from traditional villages of East Crete. You will visit the Palace of Knossos, the Cave where Zeus was born and you will visit "Krasi" village to see one of the biggest plane trees in Europe 2400 years old...
You will also taste the Cretan worldwide famous cuisine and you will feel the Cretan hospitality! The tour is private which means you will have plenty of time at the sites as it is flexible, you will have many stops around etc.! Our English-speaking driver pick you up and drop you off at your cruise ship or to your hotel and note that this tour can be customized according to your arrival and departure details. The duration of the tour is 6 hours
- Our driver will pick you up from Heraklion port just next to your ship (or from your hotel) and take you for a drive of approximately 20’ until you arrive in Knossos. During this tour you will have the chance to travel back 4.000 years to the time of the oldest civilization in Europe. Knossos flourished for approximately two thousand years. It had large palace buildings, extensive workshop installations and luxurious rock-cut cave and tholos tombs. As a major center of trade and economy, Knossos maintained ties with the majority of cities in the Eastern Mediterranean. You will have the unique opportunity to visit the Palace of Knossos in Crete, to learn about the rich lifestyle which began circa 2000 BC and was typified by magnificent monumental buildings.
- Our next stop will be at the cave of Zeus which is one of the most important cult places of Minoan Crete from 2800-2300 B.C, although in the antechamber there are preserved traces of an even earlier occupation - but the most important findings date from the Middle Minoan period (1800 B.C.) According to Mythology, at the cave of Psychro Zeus was born under great secrecy because there was an oracle which said that Saturn would kill him because of his fear that one of his children would take his throne. That's why when a baby was born, Saturn swallowed his children. His wife and sister, Rea, hid their last child, Zeus, and gave Saturn a bandaged stone to swallow, instead of the baby. Zeus, when he grew up, killed Saturn by giving him to drink poison. In order to reach at the Cave of Psychro you have 15 minutes’ walk or you can get a donkey that the locals provide there. The panoramic view from the top of the hill will, take your breath away. Cave is amazing, small and easy to explore and inside the cave it is lovely and cool even on a hot summer day! The stalagmites and stalactites are in excellent shape. When you get up to the cave opening, there are steps and handrails to help you to explore it.
- Our last visit will be at the traditional village "Krasi", a small mountain village, an altitude of 600 meters. One of the most important things to see in Krasi is the huge ancient plane tree that is situated next to the water springs. The trunk of the plane tree has a circumference of 14.60 meters and the leaves and branches of the tree provide shade over the square. This tree is estimated to be around 2400 years old and as you will see, more than ten people are needed in order to hug it and it is one of the 5 biggest trees in Europe. Among the plane tree there are chairs and tables for the guests of the village pub taverna where you may relax under the shadow of this beautiful plane tree and have a coffee or lunch. Afterwards, we will return to the cruise ship or to your hotel.
- Palace of Knossos
- Traditional village "Krasi"
- A huge Plane Tree
- Cave of Zeus
- Walk with donkey
- Tasting of Cretan Cuisine
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- English speaking driver
- All taxes
- Bottle of water
- Entrance fees,
- Meals & personal expenses
In order to take full advantage of your tour, we strongly suggest you to book your tour with a licensed tour guide in order to get the most out of your tour.
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicles
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano with leather interior, dark glasses, and fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
When you arrive at the port, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues (or we will meet you at your hotel)
24/7 - Free communication, with the travel department, via the WhatsApp application is offered, within the preparation period and during your customized excursions!
Our SHORE EXCURSIONS are absolutely private only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the program to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 7 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 8 days prior to the start of the tour or non - shows, full cancellation fees apply
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece