All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
Shore Excursion, Katakolo Port to Ancient Olympia...
Visit Ancient Olympia and the "Valley of Gods" with our private shore excursions. Our driver and tour guide will meet you at your cruise ship of Katakolo port to start the excellent private shore excursion to Ancient Olympia, one of the most important archaeological site of Greece....
In the western Peloponnese, in the "Valley of Gods", lies the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece, and the birthplace of the most important athletic mega-event of all times; the Olympic Games. Olympia is one of the most well-known tourist destinations in Greece, under Unecko's heritage and one of the most powerful brand names worldwide.
You will walk through the impressive ruins of the area where athletes trained and run in the ancient stadium; just as the ancient Olympians did after their victory 3000 years ago. Also you will visit the museum and get the chance to see some unbelievable sculptures such as the sculpted decoration of the temple of Zeus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the famous Hermis of Praxiteles and the statue of Nike of Paionios. The duration of the tour is about 5 hours included Licensed tour guide.
- Our driver pick you up from Katakolo port (from your cruise ship) to reach and explore the Glory of Ancient Greece at the famous archaeological site of Ancient Olympia under the Unecko’s heritage and which lies in the lush valley formed between the Alfios and Kladeos rivers. Ancient Olympia is the place where the first Olympic Games ever took place in 776 B.C. and of course, the place where the Olympic flame is ignited every 4 years and transferred from there to the country that hosts the Olympic Games.
- There you will see the temple of Zeus which in antiquity was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world, the gold and ivory statue of Zeus, created by the famous Phidias. You will also see the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Also, you will visit the Stadium where the marble starting blocks are still in position.
- Continue your tour and visit the world-famous Archeological Museum of Olympia where you can admire the unique statue of Hermes and other impressive exhibits. Although secluded near the west coast of the Peloponnese, Olympia became the most important religious and athletic center in Greece. Afterwards, we will reach the modern village of Olympia and enjoy a walk there for shopping or coffee in one of the many available places.
- If time permits, we will also make a visit to the Association of Agriculture where you will have the opportunity to taste for free local wine and olive oil (the region of Olympia and Peloponnese in general is one with the highest production of olive oil). The duration of the tour is about 5 hours included Licensed tour guide.
- Ancient Olympia
- Olympic Flame
- Olympic Stadium
- Archaeological Museum
- The Gymnasium and the Palestra
- The shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary),
- Temple of Zeus (one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world)!
- Temple of Hera
- The Treasury House
- A ten-minute drive will then bring you to the local Association of Agriculture. Taste the different products from the famous Greek olive oil and olives to the local wine
- The village of Olympia
- Pick up & drop off from Katakolon port
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed tour guide
- English speaking driver
- All taxes
- Bottle of water
- Entrance fees at the sites
- Meals & personal expenses
In order to take full advantage of your tour in Greece, we strongly suggest you to book your tour with a licensed tour guide in order to get the most out of your tour.
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicles
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano with leather interior, dark glasses, and fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
When you arrive at the port, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues.
24/7 - Free communication, with the travel department, via the WhatsApp application is offered, within the preparation period and during your customized excursions!
Our SHORE EXCURTIONS are absolutely private only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the program to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 15 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 14 days prior to the start of the tour or non - shows, full cancellation fees apply
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece