- All Year.
2 Day Private Tour Delphi & Meteora from Athens....
Book a 2-day tour of Delphi and Meteora, the perfect way to explore the historical and cultural treasures of mainland Greece. Delphi and Meteora are both UNESCO World Heritage sites, offering visitors a unique perspective on the country's rich history and natural beauty.
During the tour, you'll visit the Oracle of Delphi and the temple of Apollo, two of the most important ancient Greek sites. You'll also have the chance to explore the picturesque villages of Arahova and Kalambaka and sample traditional Greek food and other local products. In Meteora, you'll be amazed by several historic monasteries perched on top of towering rock formations, offering stunning views of the surrounding landscape. These monasteries are still in use today and provide a glimpse into the daily life of the monks who live there. Don't miss out on this unforgettable experience, book your Delphi and Meteora tour today!
Day 1: Athens - Delphi - Arachova - Meteora
Your tour will begin early in the morning with pick-up from your hotel in Athens. From there, you'll head north towards Delphi, which is about a 2.5-hour drive from Athens.
Delphi was an important religious center in ancient Greece, known for its Oracle of Apollo and stunning ruins. Here, you'll have the opportunity to explore the archaeological site, including the Temple of Apollo, the theater, and the stadium. You'll also visit the Delphi museum, which contains many artifacts from the site.
After your visit to Delphi, you'll head to the nearby town of Arachova, which is known for its traditional architecture, beautiful views, and winter sports. You'll have some free time here to explore the town, have lunch at a local taverna, and perhaps do some shopping. In the late afternoon, you'll continue on to Kalambaka, the town nearest to the Meteora monasteries You'll check into your hotel and have the evening free to explore the town and relax. Overnight Meteora
Day 2: Meteora - Thermopiles - Athens
On the second day of your tour, you'll visit the breathtaking Meteora monasteries. These monasteries are perched on top of towering rock formations and offer stunning views of the surrounding landscape. You'll visit several of the monasteries like Varlaam, Greta Meteoro etc and have the opportunity to learn about their history and significance.
After your visit to Meteora, you'll begin the journey back to Athens. Along the way, you'll stop for lunch at a local restaurant and have the opportunity to take in more of the beautiful Greek countryside. Before reach in Athens, you'll stop at Thermopylae, to admire the statue of Leonidas, the site of the famous battle between the Greeks and the Persians. You'll admire the Leonidas statue and learn about the history of this important battle. You'll arrive back in Athens in the early evening, where your tour will come to an end.
***Travel insurance: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Read more...
- Delphi Museum
- Temple of Apollo
- Castalia Spring
- Arachova Traditional Village
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Village of Kastraki
- Sunset tour in Meteora
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- 1 Night accommodation in Meteora with Breakfast
- Majestic sunset tour on Meteora Rocks (optional)
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - in Delphi & Meteora
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 15 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 14 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.