- All year, any time that you wish.
One Day Tour to the Saronic Island of Spetses...
A wonderful escape from Athens, greatly preferred by the locals because of its romantic and cosmopolitan character, is the island of Spetses. An island full of attractions, local food and preserved history all around the island is just 2 hours far away from Athens. Spetses is characterised by the traditional, island architecture the well-preserved old mansions...
narrow streets where beautiful balconies are adjacent to each other. This historical island which held a major role in the independence war of 1821 is an ideal destination for everyone as it combines historical sites, beaches and great food. In Spetses it can also been found massive pine trees which make this island not only unique because of its geomorphology but also because the island is car-free! As cars are not allowed in all the main areas, this factor contributes to a peaceful feeling immersing you into a completely different environment to what you are used to. A romantic getaway for the day (or longer) will make you want to explore the whole island either on foot, by horse-carriages or even by boat so that you can visit secluded beaches, only accessible from the sea.
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel and transfer you to Piraeus port to get the ferry to Spetses, departing at 08.30 in order to reach at Spetses at 10.30.
- Spetses island full of attractions, local food, and preserved history all around the island. Spetses is characterised by the traditional, island architecture the well-preserved old mansions narrow streets where beautiful balconies are adjacent to each other. This historical island which held a major role in the independence war of 1821. In Spetses it can also been found massive pine trees which make this island not only unique because of its geomorphology but also because the island is car-free! As cars are not allowed in all the main areas, this factor contributes to a peaceful feeling immersing you into a completely different environment to what you are used to. A romantic getaway for the day (or longer) will make you want to explore the whole island either on foot, by horse-carriages. Exploring Spetses you will immediately notice its cosmopolitan character, the well-preserved old mansions with its distinctive island architecture and beautiful balconies.
- Here are many sites that are worth a visit: The House of Bouboulina, The mansion of Hatzigiannis Mexis, The Church of Panayia Armata; this rural church was built 1824. Other sites that are worth a visit are the War Memorial of the Spetses Navy, the Clock in Rologioú Square, and the Anargyreios Korgialeneios School, History-wise you can also stroll around "Dapia port", the new port and continue to the old port of Spetses. This relatively small island is ideal as all the sites are concentrated. Also we suggest you get a traditional horse-carriage that departs from the waterfront for a lovely ride around the town. The ferry boat to Piraeus port departs at 18.00. (The departure can be customized according to your preferences).
- Island of Spetses & the Traditional town with narrow streets
- The house of Bouboulina & Bouboulina’s Museum
- The mansion of Sotirios Anargyros
- The museum of Spetses
- The mansion of Hatzigiannis Mexis
- The Church of Panayia Armata
- The church of Ayios Nikolaos
- The War Memorial of the Spetses Navy
- The Clock in Rologioú Square
- The Anargyreios Korgialeneios School
- "Dapia port", the new port & the old port of Spetses
- Traditional horse-carriage
- Beaches full of pine forests
- Private Transfer from/to Hotel in Athens/Piraeus port
- Ferry tickets from / to Piraeus port / Spetses Island
- Bottled water
- Al Taxes
- Meals, personal expenses
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- It is not needed to have tour guide during the tour as it a self-guided trip.
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents, ferry tickets, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 7 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 6 days prior to the start of the tour or non - shows, full cancellation fees apply
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece