- All year, any time that you wish.
Half Day Athens Gastronomy Tour
4 Hours walking food tour. Is there anything better than exploring the capital city and tasting the delicacies like a native? Are you interested into trying different flavors and discovering the Greek philosophy of eating? Take advantage of this interesting and fun experience that also pays off with some real lessons.
Taste a lot of diverse food options, from nuts and dried fruits to Greek coffee and sweets, pies and traditional foods like souvlaki and mousakas. Bear in mind to bring a big appetite when you are about to start this half day gastronomy tour in Athens, as well as remember to keep an open mind, because if you have expectations for what something should taste like, then you won't get to fully experience the way it was meant to taste! The duration is about 4 hours.
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel to start your 4-hour tailor made gourmet walking tour of Athens with a private guide. You will first try a traditionally brewed Greek coffee and afterwards you will explore the old Central Market of Athens (Varvakios Agora) that is located exactly in the heart of the city, and learn from your guide about the city culinary history.
- We will next visit specialty food stores to try local produce cold cuts, and discover some of the hidden stores to purchase tantalizingly fresh fruit, Greek olives, cheese, ham and other alluring deli produce, local wine, aged aromatized vinegar, organic olive oil and honey. Here, take the opportunity to buy some gifts for your friends and family, if you wish so. After that you will end up having a lunch, tasting the famous Greek souvlaki!!
- Finally a last stop to taste of the Greek specialty loukoumades (Greek donuts with honey syrup and almonds) and return you back to your hotel.
- Athens Central Market (meat – vegetable –fish old markets of Athens)
- Athens Herb road
- Traditional locan products
- Greek Coffee
- Meeting point at Syntagma Square
- Round transfers according to your selection
- Licensed tour guide
- Loukoumades - Souvlaki
- Greek Coffee
- Mineral water
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip, we suggest you have local guides during the trip to receive deep information
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.