All year, any time that you wish.
Half Day Athens Gastronomy Tour
Is there anything better than exploring the capital city and tasting the delicacies like a native? Are you interested into trying different flavors and discovering the Greek philosophy of eating? Take advantage of this interesting and fun experience that also pays off with some real lessons.
Taste a lot of diverse food options, from nuts and dried fruits to Greek coffee and sweets, pies and traditional foods like souvlaki and mousakas. Bear in mind to bring a big appetite when you are about to start this half day gastronomy tour in Athens, as well as remember to keep an open mind, because if you have expectations for what something should taste like, then you won't get to fully experience the way it was meant to taste! The duration is about 4 hours.
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel to start your 4-hour tailor made gourmet walking tour of Athens with a private guide. You will first try a traditionally brewed Greek coffee and afterwards you will explore the old Central Market of Athens (Varvakios Agora) that is located exactly in the heart of the city, and learn from your guide about the city culinary history.
- We will next visit specialty food stores to try local produce cold cuts, and discover some of the hidden stores to purchase tantalizingly fresh fruit, Greek olives, cheese, ham and other alluring deli produce, local wine, aged aromatized vinegar, organic olive oil and honey. Here, take the opportunity to buy some gifts for your friends and family, if you wish so. After that you will end up having a lunch, tasting the famous Greek souvlaki!!
- Finally a last stop to taste of the Greek specialty loukoumades (Greek donuts with honey syrup and almonds) and return you back to your hotel.
- Athens Central Market (meat – vegetable –fish old markets of Athens)
- Athens Herb road
- Traditional locan products
- Greek Coffee
- We will meet you at your hotel downtown
- Tour Leader
- Food tasting/meal mentioned as follows:
- Greek coffee
- Loukoumades (Greek donuts with honey syrup and almonds)
- Greek souvlaki!!
- Personal expenses
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 2 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card or
- b/ Require more information
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers speak English very well and have high experience and are well knowledge for the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each site, but are not official guides.
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or Opel Vivaro 9 seats
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
We will pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address downtown in Athens. If you will reach at Athens airport or Piraeus (we will arrange transfer with extra cost ) our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.