All year, any time that you wish.
Athens Walking Tour & Gourmet food Tour...
Are you interested in a walking tasting tour? Do you want to taste edible delights in Athens and stroll in capital's historical center? This private half-day tour in Athens is suitable for those who want to get away from the usual!
Uncover the secrets of Greek cuisine and learn more about the city’s culinary heritage.
Visit the old central market of Athens, flooded with scents and flavors, walk in Monastiraki and visit of course the famous Acropolis to admire our Greek heritage! Not to forget, you should definitely taste the famous Greek souvlaki and our local treat, loukoumades, sample Greek bread, local cheese and some flavorful Greek wine or freshly brewed coffee!
Book this Athens private city tour and experience our escorted private tours!
The duration of the tour is around 5 hours.
- Our fascinating walking tour in Athens starts from the central square of Athens, Syntagma Square, at about 08.30 am (or we could pick you up from your hotel, upon request), to the capital's glorious historical center. We will pass by the Parliament and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, we will head towards the National Gardens, pass by the Russian Orthodox Church & Saint Paul & Anglican Church, the Hadrian's Arch and finally we will reach at the ACROPOLIS, the ancient citadel located on a rocky outcrop above the city of Athens. We will pay a visit at its fabled monuments, the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Parthenon and the Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens, which are all universal symbols of the classical spirit and civilization.
- We will taste the traditionally brewed Greek coffee and we will explore the famous district of Monastiraki with its popular Flea market. This neighborhood, in the old town of Athens, is one of the city's principal shopping districts and home to clothing boutiques, souvenir shops, and specialty stores. Here we will have the chance to enjoy the Greek specialty, "loukoumades" (Greek donuts with honey syrup and almonds) and the delicious Greek souvlaki!! (Small pieces of meat grilled on a skewer and served with pita bread, fried potatoes and lemon). Of course, you will not miss the opportunity to buy some gifts for your friends and family, if you wish to do so! We will continue our gourmet walking tour by visiting the old Central Market of Athens (Varvakios Agora), located in the heart of the city, and will learn from our guide some interesting facts about the city's culinary history.
- Next, we will visit specialty food stores to try local produce and cold cuts, we will discover some of the hidden stores to purchase tantalizingly fresh fruit, Greek olives, cheese, ham and other alluring deli produce as well as local wine, aged aromatized vinegar, organic olive oil and honey.
- Our tour will also take us to the Athens Trilogy which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library, the Old Parliament, the Catholic Cathedral and Schliemann’s House (Numismatic Museum) bringing us full circle to our starting point, Syntagma Square. The tour lasts about 4 hours
- National Gardens,
- Russian Orthodox Church
- Saint Paul & Anglican Church,
- Hadrian's Arch
- The Temple of Athena Nike,
- The Parthenon,
- The Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens,
- The famous district of Monastiraki
- The old Central Market of Athens
- The University of Athens,
- The Academy of Athens,
- The National Library,
- The Old Parliament,
- The Catholic Cathedral
- The Schliemann’s House (Numismatic Museum)
- You will taste "Souvlaki" & "Loukoumades"
- The old Central food Market of Athens
- Meeting point at Syntagma Square
- Round transfers according to your selection
- Food experienced leader
- Greek Coffee - Loukoumades
- Souvlaki - Mineral water
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
The tour includes Licensed Tour guide that he will be accompanied to you at of the duration of the tour.
We will meet you at the central square of Athens, Syntagma Square, at about 09.30 am. Our guide will meet you and pick you up from your hotel upon request.
This special tour includes small group, but you can ask for private walking tour only for you and for your family, not for other passengers.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 till 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 till 19.30
20 euro / person for Acropolis
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.