- All year, any time that you wish.
Private Day Tour to Ancient Battle Fields...
8-9 Hours Private Tour: You will visit the places where the most important armed conflicts of the Ancient Greek World took place, starting with the field that the Battle of Marathon & the Battle of Themopiles took place. There the classical era of Ancient Greece was able to follow all these ideals, ideas, arts and sciences that are considered as the birth of western civilization.
Learn everything about the known and "unknown" protagonists of the Battles, the tactics chosen, the weapons and the structure of the conflicting troops, the myths and the "unexplained" phenomena, based on the descriptions and information, as transfered to the Greeks by the famous Herodotus. Guaranteed Departure & Flexible Itineraries
- The Batlle of Marathon: In 490 BC. The second campaign of the Persians against Greece took place in the plain of Marathon, between the Athenians and the Plataeans led by Miltiades and the Persians led by Datis and Artafernis. As Athens was not surrounded by strong walls, they asked for the help of the Spartans. The Athenian generals did not want the battle to begin before the Spartans come to their aid. Eventually Miltiades persuaded them to attack the Persians immediately and he was assigned command. Thus, victory benefits Miltiadis's strategic plan. According to Herodotus, the Athenians lost 192 men in the battle and the Plataeans 11, while the losses of the Persians amounted to 6,400 dead and 7 sunken ships.
- The Museum of Marathon: Explore the Archaeological Museum of Marathon which presents the history of the area from the Prehistoric era until the Roman period through a display of finds that were aggregated the tombs of the Athenians and the Plataians who fought at the Battle of Marathon (490 BC). It also puts on display findings from the Roman sanctuary of the Egyptian Gods in Brexiza.
- The Battle in the Straits of Thermopylae: A heroic confrontation in which Leonidas, the king of Sparta, and 300 selected soldiers died bravely in their attempt to delay the Persian invasion. On the third and last day of the battle they fought first with their spears. When they broke, they used their swords and when they disbanded, they rushed with their bare hands to the Persians until their final fall. At the Battle of Thermopylae, the Persians exterminated the limited Greek forces, thanks to the betrayal of Nightmare.
- The Staute of Leonidas: The Hero of Thermopylae, built in 1955, is a sculptural composition, consisting of the bronze statue of Leonidas with a spear and shield in the center, while on the right and left and at a lower height we have the marble figures of Taygetos, the tallest mountain in Peloponnese. It is worth noting that the Hero of Thermopylae was built and erected at the expense of Greeks in America.
- Thermopylae Museum: We will visit the "Thermopylae Museum", which is next to the monument of King Leonidas, in the historic Thermopylae, dedicated to the 480 BC battle that changed the course of Greek history, as 300 Spartans fought against Persian Empire. The Center presents history as an interactive narrative and discourse: In its three exhibition halls, multimedia applications offer visitors a virtual trip to the time and battlefields of the Persian Wars as described by the ancient historian Herodotus, while the very battle of Thermopylae comes alive at a digital 3D movie.
- The springs of Thermopylae: are located opposite the statue of Leonidas. There you may find hot thermal water that runs inexhaustibly from the rock to end up in the sea with water temperature around 40 C throughout the year. This is the best natural free source in Greece known from mythology. Where Hercules had a spa after his triumphs. Here you can have a coffee break
- Marathon Tomb
- Archaeological Museum of Marathon
- Lake of Marathon
- Leonidas Monument, Thermopylae
- Battlefield of Thermopylae
- Thermopylae Museum
- Hot Spring of Thermopylae
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- Baby seat or booster without extra charge (upon request)
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - Delphi & Museum
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip, we suggest you have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- 12 euro / person for Delphi
- 6 euro / perosn for Museum of Thebes
- 4 euro / person fro Osios Loucas
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 4 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 3 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.