- All year, any time that you wish.
Private Half Day Walking Tour Acropolis..
Discover the ancient history of Athens under the light of the setting sun! Book our 4-hour Athens walking sunset tour and visit the magnificent architectural and artistic complex of the Acropolis. Visit the museum of Acropolis, the largest modern building erected so close to the ancient site and admire artifacts and sculptures originating from the numerous Acropolis buildings.
Since you will cover the distances on foot, you will be able to admire the Greek architecture and the culture, walking among traditional streets with taverns and other traditional shops.
- We will meet you at the Monastiraki or Syntagma square (the starting time depends on the time of the year). Our first stop will be at the Acropolis Museum, the largest modern building erected so close to the ancient site. It is located by the southeastern slope of the Acropolis hill and on the ancient road, which in classical times led up to the "sacred rock".
- Our tour will take us through the Museum's exhibition galleries, making regular stops and holding lively discussions with our Archaeologist-Host. We will admire the artifacts and sculptures originating from the numerous Acropolis buildings such as the Erechtheum, the Temple of Athena Nike and the Propylaea as well as from the Roman and early Christian Athens. Finally, as the museum is built over an extensive archaeological site, we will be able to see the excavations beneath through a transparent glass floor.
- Our next visit will be the Acropolis. We will view this magnificent architectural and artistic complex under the light of the setting sun. Wander inside the ancient citadel of Athens in the ethereal glow of the twilight, when the shadows of the Parthenon grow long and the ancient pillars create windows to an otherworldly light. Meet your licensed guide—an experienced archaeologist—and learn about the history of the hilltop, with evidence of habitation stretching back over 6,000 years. Explore the construction of its most famous buildings, including the venerable Parthenon, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Porch of the Caryatids at the Erechtheion, and the gateway to the Propylaea. Our tour ends at Monastiraki or Syntagma square The duration of the tour is about 4 hours and it can take place either in the morning or in the afternoon.
- Acropolis, Parthenon
- The Temple of Athena Nike,
- The Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens,
- The new Museum of Acropolis
- Sunset Tour in Acropolis
- Private Walking Tour
- Meeting point at Syntagma Square (or at your hotel downtown)
- Round transfers according to your selection
- Licensed tour guide
- Mineral water
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis & Museum
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- The tour is operated on Private basis with licensed tour guide only for you.
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- 20 euro / person / Acropolis
- 10 euro / person / Museum of Acropolis
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 4 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 3 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.