All year, any time that you wish.
Half Day Sunset Walking Tour in Acropolis...
Discover the ancient history of Athens under the light of the setting sun! Book our 4-hour Athens walking sunset tour and visit the magnificent architectural and artistic complex of the Acropolis. Visit the museum of Acropolis, the largest modern building erected so close to the ancient site and admire artifacts and sculptures originating from the numerous Acropolis buildings.
Since you will cover the distances on foot, you will be able to admire the Greek architecture and the culture, walking among traditional streets with taverns and other traditional shops.
We will meet you at the Monastiraki or Syntagma square (the starting time depends on the time of the year). Our first stop will be at the Acropolis Museum, the largest modern building erected so close to the ancient site. It is located by the southeastern slope of the Acropolis hill and on the ancient road, which in classical times led up to the "sacred rock".
Our sunset tour will take us through the Museum's exhibition galleries, making regular stops and holding lively discussions with our Archaeologist-Host. We will admire the artifacts and sculptures originating from the numerous Acropolis buildings such as the Erechtheum, the Temple of Athena Nike and the Propylaea as well as from the Roman and early Christian Athens. Finally, as the museum is built over an extensive archaeological site, we will be able to see the excavations beneath through a transparent glass floor.
Our next visit will be the Acropolis. We will view this magnificent architectural and artistic complex under the light of the setting sun. Wander inside the ancient citadel of Athens in the ethereal glow of the twilight, when the shadows of the Parthenon grow long and the ancient pillars create windows to an otherworldly light. Meet your licensed guide—an experienced archaeologist—and learn about the history of the hilltop, with evidence of habitation stretching back over 6,000 years. Explore the construction of its most famous buildings, including the venerable Parthenon, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Porch of the Caryatids at the Erechtheion, and the gateway to the Propylaea. Our tour ends at Monastiraki or Syntagma square The duration of the tour is about 4 hours.
- The Propylea,
- The Temple of Athena Nike,
- The Parthenon,
- The Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens,
- The new Museum of Acropolis
- Sunset Tour in Acropolis
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Meeting point Syntagma square (or from your hotel just down town)
- Skip the line service
- All Taxes
- Entrance fees at archaeological sites
The tour includes Licensed Tour guide that he will be accompanied to you at of the duration of the tour.
We will meet you at the Monastiraki or Syntagma square. Also our guide can meet you at your hotel just down town. The starting time depends on the time of the year. We provide you transfer from/to hotel/center of Athens with extra cost
This special tour includes small group, but you can ask for private walking tour only for you and for your family, not for other passengers.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 till 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 till 19.30
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 10 euro / person for the Museum of Acropolis
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.