- All year, any time that you wish.
Private Half Day Walking Tour Acropolis..
4 Hours Private walking guided tour of Athens Acropolis & Museum . We will start at the new acropolis museum in order to understand the history, the mythology and the site of the ancient city of Athens. It will be an archeological walk through time which also covers the everyday life and religion of the greeks.
We will meander at the new museum to admire the unique statues and then walk to the hill via the theater of Dionysos, the Odeon, the ancient hospital and we will end our cultural and or kids friendly tour at the Parthenon.
- Museum of Acropolis: Meet your licensed tour guide at the entrance of Museum to start the private walking tour. Our first stop will be at the Acropolis Museum, the largest modern building erected so close to the ancient site. We will admire the artifacts and sculptures originating from the numerous Acropolis buildings such as the Erechtheum, the Temple of Athena Nike and the Propylaea as well as from the Roman and early Christian Athens. Finally, as the museum is built over an extensive archaeological site, we will be able to see the excavations beneath through a transparent glass floor.
- Acropolis / Parthenon: No visit to Athens is complete without a climb up to the Acropolis ("peak of the city"), where Ancient Athenians of the 5th century BC erected the great temple dedicated to the goddess Athena - the extraordinary Parthenon. The Acropolis of Athens has been a symbol of artistic and architectural excellence, and has been an inspiration for numerous artists from the Roman times to the present day.
You will also see Propylea, the monumental entrance to the sacred area, the Temple of Athena Nike which was dedicated to Athena-Nike (Victory), the Erechtheion with its famous female figures-statues the Caryatides or Maidens dedicated to both goddess Athena and god Poseidon. At the footsteps of the Acropolis Hill, the Odeum of Herodus Atticus and the ruins of the first theatre in the whole world the Theatre of Dionysus and finally the Areopagus (Mars Hill).
- Acropolis, Parthenon
- The Temple of Athena Nike,
- The Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens,
- The new Museum of Acropolis
- Private Walking Tour
- Licensed tour guide
- Bottle of water
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis & Museum
- Gratuities (optional)
- The tour is operated on Private basis with licensed tour guide only for you. Your will meet your guide at your hotel down town in Athens. If your hotel located far away from Athens we can arrange private transfer with additional cost
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- 20 euro / person / Acropolis
- 10 euro / person / Museum of Acropolis
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 4 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 3 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.