- All year, any time that you wish.
One Day Private Trip to Aegina from Athens...
Aegina Island is one of the complexes of Saronic Islands and it is famous for its pistachios that characterized by the best in the world, its ceramics and lace. Once you arrive you will immediately notice the neoclassical buildings in earth colors, built 19th century when sponge fishing developed on the island. It was then that the houses were painted...
while they acquired balconies with stormy and impressively designed railings. Stroll the narrow streets to see the traditional houses with small courtyards filled with trees and flowers, traditional shops and taverns, the narrow-paved alleys between mansions, Churches with blue domes and popular art shops. It is worth to visit the local boats shops which have been transformed into floating grocery stores and don't forget to buy the famous peanuts from Aegina's unique peanut variety.
The city of Aegina is one of the most picturesque in Greece, a favorite of many artists such as famous writer Nikos Kazantzakis lived here for a long time. A worthwhile visit would be at the traditional ouzo taverns, where you can taste fresh seafood with ouzo or tsipouro. Even though is a small island, offer number of sights and natural beauties, highlight of which is the famous Aphea Temple. It forms in fact an equilateral triangle with the Parthenon and the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, the so-called “holy triangle” of the antiquity.
- Our driver will meet you at your hotel to transfer you to Piraeus port so as to get the ferry to reach the beautiful and traditional Island of Aegina. We will visit the Temple of Aphaia (or Afea) the temple of Aphaia (500-490 BC) stands on a pine-clad hill in northeast Aegina. It is the most important monument in the sanctuary of Aphaia, which appears to have been founded on a site used for worship since the Mycenaean period.
- We continue to visit the second most popular Church in Aigina, the Monastery of Agios Nektarios. It was founded and inaugurated on June 2, 1908 by Saint Nektarios. It can be considered to follow the Byzantine style and has a beautiful wood-carved iconostasis with Byzantine icons as well as many temples and tributes from a large number of pilgrims. The church has two tall bell towers and four rows of windows, all covered with red bows. The Monastery of Saint Nektarios is one of the most important pilgrimages of Orthodoxy nowadays, with many believers visiting it every year and paying tribute to the newest Saint of our faith.
- Finally we will reach at the area of “Perdika”, an old traditional settlement built around its harbor. In the past years its inhabitants were exclusively engaged in fishing. The main feature of the settlement is the small houses with yards adjusted to each other. At the area of Perdika we suggest you to enjoy a delicious lunch with fresh fish and traditional Aegean dishes and snacks at the fish taverns, and indulge in the pastry shops in front of the harbor and relax while enjoying the sea breeze.
- Alternatively, opposite to Perdika it is located the wonderful small island of “Moni” which is highly recommended for nature, sun & sea lovers. Enjoy its turquoise waters and beautiful nature with animals nurtured on the island. Moni lies at a short distance from Aegina Island and there are regular boat connections from Perdika throughout the summer months. Small boats disembark at the organized sandy beach on a cove on the north coast of the island and within 10 minutes you will reach this paradise location, ideal for children!
- Island of Aegina & the traditional town
- The Temple of Aphaia
- The Church of Agios Nektarios
- The coast line area or Perdika
- Island of Moni (optional)
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- Ferry tickets from/to Piraeus port/Aegina Port
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Baby seat or booster without extra charge (upon request)
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Aphaia
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip, we suggest you have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- 6 euro / person for Temple of Aphaia
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 15 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 14 days prior to the start of the tour or non - shows, full cancellation fees apply
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece