- All year, any time that you wish.
One Day Private Trip to Aegina from Athens...
8-10 hours private tour. Easy purchase process for a wonderful private tout to Island of Aegina. Aegina is an idyllic Greek island very close to Athens and a very popular destination for quick getaways. Also is known the production of Pistachios. You will visit the Temple of Athena Afea, you will stroll at the narrow streets full of elegant neoclassical buildings and a bustling seafront promenade.
You can relax on the beach and get the opportunity to have lunch at tone of thousands traditional tavernas at the area. Aegina is known for the pistachios both sweet and savory. It is no wonder the one place in the world known for “the best” pistachios is that Greek island, a 40-minute boat ride from Piraeus port. Relax with a private tour & customized just for you with flexible options & competitive pricing.
- Our driver will meet you at your hotel to transfer you to Piraeus port so as to get the ferry to reach the beautiful and traditional Island of Aegina. We will visit the Temple of Aphaia (or Afea) the temple of Aphaia (500-490 BC) stands on a pine-clad hill in northeast Aegina. It is the most important monument in the sanctuary of Aphaia, which appears to have been founded on a site used for worship since the Mycenaean period.
- We continue to visit the second most popular Church in Aigina, the Monastery of Agios Nektarios. It was founded and inaugurated on June 2, 1908 by Saint Nektarios. It can be considered to follow the Byzantine style and has a beautiful wood-carved iconostasis with Byzantine icons as well as many temples and tributes from a large number of pilgrims.
- Aegina also is known for the pistachios both sweet and savory. It is no wonder the one place in the world known for “the best” pistachios is that Greek island. If you want we will visit the factory of pistachios which you can learn everything for the production. Finally we will reach at the area of “Perdika”, an old traditional settlement built around its harbor. In the past years its inhabitants were exclusively engaged in fishing. The main feature of the settlement is the small houses with yards adjusted to each other. At the area of Perdika we suggest you to enjoy a delicious lunch with fresh fish and traditional Aegean dishes and snacks at the fish taverns, and indulge in the pastry shops in front of the harbor and relax while enjoying the sea breeze.
- Alternatively, opposite to Perdika it is located the wonderful small island of “Moni” which is highly recommended for nature, sun & sea lovers. Enjoy its turquoise waters and beautiful nature with animals nurtured on the island. Moni lies at a short distance from Aegina Island and there are regular boat connections from Perdika throughout the summer months. Small boats disembark at the organized sandy beach on a cove on the north coast of the island and within 10 minutes you will reach this paradise location, ideal for children!
- Island of Aegina & the traditional town
- The Temple of Aphaia
- The Church of Agios Nektarios
- The coast line area or Perdika
- Island of Moni (optional)
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- Ferry tickets from/to Piraeus port/Aegina Port
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Baby seat or booster without extra charge (upon request)
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Aphaia
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip, we suggest you have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- 6 euro / person for Temple of Aphaia
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 15 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 14 days prior to the start of the tour or non - shows, full cancellation fees apply
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece