All year, any time that you want.
One Day Self-Guided Tour the Island of Hydra...
Hydra is one of the most romantic destinations in Greece, built on a slope overlooking the Argosaronic gulf. Traditional stone mansions, narrow cobblestoned streets, secluded squares and above all the banning of cars and the use of around 500 donkeys as means of public transportation, explain the reason why Hydra preserved its distinctive atmosphere through the passage of time.
You can walk along the waterfront, the heart of the town, you encounter monuments, churches, canons, museums, old mansions, statues of famous heroes, shops and cafes, while picturesque winding streets lead you to neighborhoods located at the upper part of the town. It is rather impressive the fact that such a tiny island is the birthplace of five Greek Prime Ministers! The duration of the tour is about 7 hours.
Our driver will pick you up from Athens Downtown to transfer you to Piraeus Port to take the ferry to the cosmopolitan Hydra where you will reach after 1/5 hour. Hydra is one of the most romantic destinations in Greece, built on a slope overlooking the Argosaronic gulf.
Who cares if there are barely any beaches? You can always find a slab of sunbaked rock from which to leap rock from which to dive into the clearest water in the world. Car-free and protected by a preservation order, Hydra has always been the artists' muse of the Greek Islands. Traditional stone mansions, narrow cobblestoned streets, secluded squares and above all the banning of cars and the use of around 500 donkeys as means of public transportation, explain the reason why Hydra preserved its distinctive atmosphere through the passage of time.
You can walk along the waterfront, the heart of the town, where you will encounter several monuments, churches, canons, museums, traditional mansions, statues of famous heroes, shops and cafes, while picturesque winding streets lead you to neighborhoods located at the upper part of the town. At the afternoon you will take the ferry back to Piraeus port where our driver will meet you and transfer you to your hotel in Athens.
- Island of Hydra & the Traditional town with narrow streets
- Historical Archive - Museum of Hydra
- Lazaros Koundouriotis Historical Mansion (National Historical Museum)
- Neoclassical & Traditional Buildings
- Byzantine Museum
- Stone mansions families such as:(Voulgaris, Kountouriotis, Tombazis, Kriezis, Bountouris etc
- Explore the island’s beaches
- Private Transfer from/to Hotel in Athens/Piraeus port
- Ferry tickets from / to Piraeus port / Hydra Island
- Bottled water
- Al Taxes
- Meals, personal expenses
All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
There is no reason to hire tour guide as this is a self-guided tour..
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicles
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano with leather interior, dark glasses, and fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
When you arrive at the port, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues.
24/7 - Free communication, with the travel department, via the WhatsApp application is offered, within the preparation period and during your customized excursions!
This Self-guided tour is absolutely customized. Note that, you can send us a special request to return later than 15.15 without extra cost or is a great idea to spend one onvernight there. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the program to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 15 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 14 days prior to the start of the tour or non - shows, full cancellation fees apply
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece