- All year, any time that you wish.
One Day Self-Guided Tour the Island of Hydra...
Hydra is one of the most romantic destinations in Greece, built on a slope overlooking the Argosaronic gulf. Traditional stone mansions, narrow cobblestoned streets, secluded squares and above all the banning of cars and the use of around 500 donkeys as means of public transportation, explain the reason why Hydra preserved its distinctive atmosphere through the passage of time.
You can walk along the waterfront, the heart of the town, you encounter monuments, churches, canons, museums, old mansions, statues of famous heroes, shops and cafes, while picturesque winding streets lead you to neighborhoods located at the upper part of the town. It is rather impressive the fact that such a tiny island is the birthplace of five Greek Prime Ministers!
- Our driver will pick you up from Athens Downtown to transfer you to Piraeus Port to take the ferry to the cosmopolitan Hydra depart at 08.30 where you will reach after 1/5 hour. Hydra is one of the most romantic destinations in Greece, built on a slope overlooking the Argosaronic gulf. Who cares if there are barely any beaches? You can always find a slab of sunbaked rock from which to leap rock from which to dive into the clearest water in the world. Car-free and protected by a preservation order, Hydra has always been the artists' muse of the Greek Islands. Traditional stone mansions, narrow cobblestoned streets, secluded squares and above all the banning of cars and the use of around 500 donkeys as means of public transportation, explain the reason why Hydra preserved its distinctive atmosphere through the passage of time.
- You can walk along the waterfront, the heart of the town, where you will encounter several monuments, churches, canons, museums, traditional mansions, statues of famous heroes, shops and cafes, while picturesque winding streets lead you to neighborhoods located at the upper part of the town. At the afternoon you will take the ferry at about 14.50 (or later if you wish) back to Piraeus port where our driver will meet you and transfer you to your hotel in Athens.
- Island of Hydra & the Traditional town with narrow streets
- Historical Archive - Museum of Hydra
- Lazaros Koundouriotis Historical Mansion (National Historical Museum)
- Neoclassical & Traditional Buildings
- Byzantine Museum
- Stone mansions families such as:(Voulgaris, Kountouriotis, Tombazis, Kriezis, Bountouris etc
- Explore the island’s beaches
- Round transfers from/to your designate point
- Ferry tickets from/to Piraeus port - Hydra port
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- It is not needed to have tour guide during the tour as it a self-guided trip.
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents, ferry tickets and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 7 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 6 days prior to the start of the tour or non - shows, full cancellation fees apply
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece