All year, any time that you want.
One day Private Tour to Ancient Olympia....
A private day tour to Olympia from Athens, an UNESCO World Heritage site and the birthplace of the Olympic Games, one of the four most worshiped athletic event in the Ancient Greek world, is never enough.Visit the Temple of Zeus, once decorated with a gold and ivory statue of the father of Gods, crafted by the famous Phidias which was among the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World...
Walk around the Palestra and the Gymnasium once used by the thousands of male athletes gathered here to take place in the Olympic Games and win its unique award, an olive wreath form the holy olive trees of Altis. Enter the Stadium form the crypt and find yourself in another era. Feel the athletes running around the Stadion and the cheers of the funs! Later on, you may visit the Archaeological museum which houses plastic art masterpieces like the Hermes of Praxiteles and the Nike (Victory) of Paionios and the sculptures once decorating the Temple of Zeus.
Before leaving Olympia for the return to Athens, we will visit a local honey farm, for a rest at its gardens. While sipping a glass of fresh juice or a cup of Greek coffee with a hand-made quince spoonful sweet.
- Our driver will meet you at your hotel, at 08:30 hrs. and will depart for Ancient Olympia, following the highway to Peloponnese. After about 1 hour drive, we will reach the Corinth Canal, where we will make a short stop for rest and taking pictures. Its iron bridge was the only road entrance to Peloponnese until the new Rio-Antirrio Bridge (almost an hour and a half drive to the east) opened in August 2004. Mid-range cruisers and smaller ships still use the narrow canal to cross from the Aegean Sea to the Ionian Sea, so that they cut short their long trips.
- Following the highway to Patras (a significant commercial and passenger port of Greece), we will reach the village of Olympia, grew to be the most celebrated sacred site of Ancient Greece, and the birthplace of the Olympic Games, the most important sports events in all antiquity: starting from 776 B.C., all Greeks – across the then known world – would be united every four years and all hostilities would be suspended so that everyone could take part in these games in the true spirit of sportsmanship. Walk around the site and admire the Temple of Zeus, once housing the gold and ivory statue of the god, considered to be one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the Temple of Hera – one of the oldest monumental temples of Greece, the Bouleutyrion housing the Organizing Committee of the Games and possibly the umpires and finally the Stadium, where the actual Games were held. On completing the visit of the site, you will find yourself in the nearby archaeological museum housing plastic art masterpieces such as the Hermes of Praxiteles and the Nike (Victory) of Paionios as well as finds from the excavations in the sacred precinct of the Altis dating from prehistoric times to the Early Christian period.
- Then, you will some free time in the village of Olympia, for shopping or lunch, before we visit a local honey farm, where under the shade of the trees we will have a coffee / juice and enjoy hand-made local desserts all made with honey produced in this farm for generations. The owner will explain how village people made their living, then and now, at the same land. You will take you to the time of their grandparents and they will explain how village people made their living and how i make mine these days from the same land. Through the presentation of beekeeping tools, you will be introduced to the life of bees from ancient times until today.
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Olympia
- Olympic stadium
- Olympic Flame
- Temple of Zeus (one of 7 wonders of the world)
- The shrine of Pelops 9one of the oldest in the sanctuary)
- Temple of Hera
- The archaeological museum
- Village of Olympia,
- Local honey farm
- English speaking Driver
- Transportation with private car or Mini Van
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Official Tour Guide according to your selection
- Special visit to honey farm
- Fresh Juice, Greek coffee & hand-made quince spoonful sweet "diples"
- All Taxes
- Entrance fees
- Meals and personal expenses
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 3 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card
- b/ Require more information
- c/ Pay now only 30% as payment in advance in order your tour to be confirmed
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- You have the choice, as shown below, in order to have a tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- You can book a local tour guide in each site you will visit
- You can book an escort with good knowledge that will provide his services and guide you until you enter archaeological sites and museums
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicle
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
Our driver will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and he will help you with your baggage, and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues
- We provide you 4* star hotels and 3* stars hotels. You can ask for an upgrade in 5* stars hotels
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depending on the availability and the time that you will make the booking. In any case we will book hotels at the same level
- If you want to extend your stay, we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 5 euros per room per day for 5*star hotels - Paid at the hotel.
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.