- All year, any time that you wish.
One day Private Tour to Ancient Olympia....
One day private tour to Olympia from Athens, an UNESCO World Heritage site and the birthplace of the Olympic Games, one of the most worshiped athletic event in the Ancient Greek world. Then enjoy the visit at a local honey farm, for a rest at its gardens. While sipping a glass of fresh juice or a cup of Greek coffee with a hand-made quince spoonful sweet.
Visit the Temple of Zeus, once decorated with a gold and ivory statue of the father of Gods, crafted by the famous Phidias which was among the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Walk around the Palestra and the Gymnasium once used by the thousands of male athletes. Enter the Stadium form the crypt and find yourself in another era. Feel the athletes running around the Stadion and the cheers of the funs! Later on, you may visit the Archaeological Museum and the village of Olympia for lunch. The duration of the tour is about 9-10 hours
- Our driver will meet you at your hotel, at 08:30 hrs. and will depart for Ancient Olympia. After about 1 hour drive, we will reach the Corinth Canal, which we have a short stop for photos. Following the highway to Patras (a significant commercial and passenger port of Greece), we will reach the village of Olympia, grew to be the most celebrated sacred site of Ancient Greece, and the birthplace of the Olympic Games, the most important sports events in all antiquity: starting from 776 B.C., all Greeks – across the then known world – would be united every four years and all hostilities would be suspended so that everyone could take part in these games in the true spirit of sportsmanship.
- Walk around the site and admire the Temple of Zeus, once housing the gold and ivory statue of the god, considered to be one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the Temple of Hera one of the oldest monumental temples of Greece. On completing the visit of the site, you will find yourself in the nearby archaeological museum housing art masterpieces such as the Hermes of Praxiteles and the Nike (Victory) of Paionios as well as finds from the excavations in the sacred precinct of the Altis dating from prehistoric times to the Early Christian period.
- Then, you will some free time in the village of Olympia, for shopping or lunch, before we visit a local honey farm, where under the shade of the trees we will have a coffee / juice and enjoy hand-made local desserts all made with honey produced in this farm for generations.
- The owner will explain how village people made their living, then and now, at the same land. Through the presentation of beekeeping tools, you will be introduced to the life of bees from ancient times until today.
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Olympia
- Olympic stadium
- Olympic Flame
- Temple of Zeus (one of 7 wonders of the world)
- The shrine of Pelops 9one of the oldest in the sanctuary)
- Temple of Hera
- The archaeological museum
- Village of Olympia,
- Local honey farm
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Photo stop at Canal of Corinth
- Special visit to honey farm
- Fresh Juice, Greek coffee & handmade quince spoonful sweet "diples"
- Baby seat or booster without extra charge (upon request)
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - Olympia, Honey Farm
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip, we suggest you have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- 12 euro / person for Olympia
- 5 euro / person for the Honey Farm
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 4 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 3 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.