All year, any time that you wish.
Full Day Wine Tour in Athens & Cape Sounio...
This Wine tour in Athens is a great opportunity to visit 2 wineries combining a visit at the Temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounion. Wine is part of the Greek Culture for over 4000 years, according to Homer, Plato, Hippocrates and more, so it is a part of Athens' history, a place where you can find many vineyards and wineries.
Driving along the Athenian Riviera, we will reach the west coast of Attica. Next stop will be at Cape Sounio to admire the magnificent Temple of Poseidon. ΅We will visit a great Winery, which is the first bio-climatic winery in Greece, where you will be guided in the facilities and will have the chance to taste the local wines they produce.
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel (or cruise ship) to start your wine tour. tour to visit Cape Sounio & the Temple of Poseidon. Travel alongside the coastline of Athens, in the heart of the Athenian Riviera, admire a truly impressive scene and let the idyllic landscape amaze you! Then, visit Cape Sounio, known for the imposing sanctuary of Poseidon which is one of the most important sights and archaeological sites of Attica!
- We continue our wine tour to visit the first bio-climatic winery with special design and construction in Greece, marking the beginning of a new era, is located at Markopoulo, Attica, next to some of the most beautiful beaches of the Mediterranean, as well as the enchanting, mysterious archaeological site of Vravrona. In the basement of the building, rooms have been developed for wine making, bottling, aging and storage. At another floor, between the basement and the ground floor, the tasting area is located which simultaneously allows the view of the aging cellar with the barrels and the Mediterranean vineyard.The winery was distinguished at the 2008 Architecture Awards by the Hellenic Institute of Architecture.
- Afterwards, you will be welcomed in the second winery that has been making wine in those very premises since 1875! The winery traditionally deals with the vineyard and the wine where in the middle of the season it produced barrel retsina from Savvatiano. The traditional press for pressing the grapes with the foot, the crankshaft, the coffins for transporting the grapes from the vineyard, the manual pump, the oak barrels of the eight hundred okadas and the smells of the fermentation is a unique experience which immense you back in time. The winery preserves the traditional folk architecture, where the stone walls and the large stone arches transport the visitor to the past and certify the long family tradition in the production of wines. During the harvest and winemaking season you can visit the production sites and live a unique experience and be informed on subjects related to wine-making.
- In the tasting area of the winery the visitors can taste the different wines such as "Malagouzia", "Assyrtiko", "Savvatiano", "Agioritiko", "Retsina", KALOGERI - CABERNET, SAUVIGNON, etc in combination with local delicacies such as rusks, gruyere with oil and oregano, traditional pie (spinach pie or cheese pie or pastourmadopita or pepper pie), sausage with pie, salad (lettuce - cucumber - raisins - balsamico tomato, onion), appetizer with taramosalata salad and aubergine and black eggplant. (vegetarian menu & gluten free upon request). After the tasting, you can visit the in-sight shop where you can buy your favorite wines.
- Then, we will transfer you to your hotel in Athens. The duration of the tour is 8 hours
- 2 x Tour at local wineries
- Wine tasting
- Gourmet food during the wine tasting
- Athenian Riviera
- Cape Sounio
- Temple of Poseidon
- Transportation with Private Car
- English speaking Driver
- Pick up & drop of from your hotel in Athens
- Tour guide according to your selection
- Sightseeing at the Winery
- All Taxes
- Wine tasting
- Tours Guide
All our drivers speak English very well and have high experience and are well knowledge for the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each site, but are not official guides.
- But you have the below choice in order to have tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany to you
- You can book to have accompany to you tour leader
- You can book local tour guide in each area
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or Opel Vivaro 9 seats
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
We will pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address, If you reach at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
We can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
Our tours are absolutely private only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.