All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
Wine Tour to Nemea, Peloponnese from Athens...
Are you interested into wine tasting? This full day wine tour to Ancient Nemea, Peloponnese is a must for wine lovers! Visit two wineries in Nemea, whose wines were established in the market and in the conscience of Greek public. Taste wine varieties, well known for their special taste and aroma.
In the wineries you will have the chance to taste varieties of wines like Agioritiko, Roditis, Malagousia, Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah which are very well known for their special taste and aroma and as the locals claim, especially Agiorgitiko is dated since 4.500 BC. It is said that the climate and the altitude in Nemea is the ideal one for vineyards and that is what makes the wines produced here excellent and well known all over the world. This tour is suitable for those who seek an escape from the ordinary and are looking for a different type of excursion. Our private tour ends with a visit in the beautiful seaside town of Nafplio, where you can visit the Castle of the Town by climbing 999 steps or the small island of Bourtzi, the fort on the sea and Nafplio ’s trademark.
- Our driver will pick you up from your Hotel in Athens to have our first short stop at the breathtaking Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height!). There, you can take pictures and you will have a coffee break.
- Afterwards we continue to reach Nemea, one of the most famous places in Greece for the vineyards and the productions of excellent and tasteful wines (mostly red ones) and above all this, the area of Ancient Nemea, where viniculture continues non-stop for 3,500 years! At Nemea area we will visit one of the most famous winery. More than 300 stremmas (area equal to 1000km) planted mostly with AGIORGITIKO, but also with Rodites, Malagousia, Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah can lavishly offer wines of quality names. In Palivos winery we will spent 1 hour exploring the place and tasting wines.
- We continue to visit the second one brilliant winery at the area of Peloponnese which we will visit the vineyards and taste a vast array of wines. This winery cultivates the indigenous varieties grown in Argolida, Corinthia, Mantinia and Nemea, which are Roditis, Alepou and Moscofilero (all pink-skinned grape varieties, but usually used in white wine production), as well as reds like Agiorgitiko and, more recently, Mavrostifo of Argos, an old and almost extinct variety of the region. In addition, cosmopolitan varieties are also cultivated, such as Chardonnay, Viognier, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Syrah and Merlot. We stay here for about 1 hour and have the chance to taste some of the finest wines.
- In both wineries you may also purchase their unique and exquisite wines. t noon we will reach in one of the beautiful towns of Greece and the first capital city at the Modern Greek history, the seaside town of Nafplio! You can walk next to the coast, while you can also visit the Castle of the Town, with the 999 steps (!) and the amazing view, or take a taxi boat to visit the small island of Bourtzi, in the middle of the city’s harbor, the fort on the sea and Nafplio’s trademark! Here you can have a delicious traditional lunch. At the end of the tour we will drop of at your hotel in Athens. The duration of the tour is about 10 hours.
- Corinth Canal
- Visit 2 Wineries
- Wine tasting
- City of Nauplio
- The area of Ancient Nenea
- Transportation with private car
- Pick up & Drop of at your hotel in Athens
- English Speaking driver
- All taxes
- Personal expenses, Lunch,
- Entrance fee at Wineries (8-15€ per person)
- Tour Guide
In order to take full advantage of your tour in Greece, we strongly suggest you to book your tour with a licensed tour guide in order to get the most out of your tour.
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicles
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano with leather interior, dark glasses, and fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
When you arrive at the port, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues.
24/7 - Free communication, with the travel department, via the WhatsApp application is offered, within the preparation period and during your customized excursions!
Our tours are absolutely private only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the program to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.