- All year, any time that you wish.
Wine Tour to Nemea, Peloponnese from Athens...
10 Hours wine tour. Book online this full day wine tour to Ancient Nemea, Peloponnese is a must for wine lovers! Visit two wineries in Nemea, whose wines were established in the market and in the conscience of Greek public. Taste wine varieties, well known for their special taste and aroma.
In the wineries you will have the chance to taste varieties of wines like Agioritiko, Roditis, Malagousia, Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah which are very well known for their special taste and aroma and as the locals claim, especially Agiorgitiko is dated since 4.500 BC. It is said that the climate and the altitude in Nemea is the ideal one for vineyards and that is what makes the wines produced here excellent and well known all over the world. This tour is suitable for those who seek an escape from the ordinary and are looking for a different type of excursion. Our private tour ends with a visit in the beautiful seaside town of Nafplio, where you can visit the Castle of the Town by climbing 999 steps or the small island of Bourtzi, the fort on the sea and Nafplio ’s trademark.
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel in Athens to have our first short stop at the breathtaking Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height!). There, you can take pictures and you will have a coffee break.
- Afterwards we continue to reach Nemea, one of the most famous places in Greece for the vineyards and the productions of excellent and tasteful wines (mostly red ones) and above all this, the area of Ancient Nemea, where viniculture continues non-stop for 3,500 years! At Nemea area we will visit one of the most famous winery. More than 300 stremmas (area equal to 1000km) planted mostly with AGIORGITIKO, but also with Rodites, Malagousia, Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah can lavishly offer wines of quality names. In Palivos winery we will spent 1 hour exploring the place and tasting wines.
- We continue to visit the second one brilliant winery at the area of Peloponnese which we will visit the vineyards and taste a vast array of wines. This winery cultivates the indigenous varieties grown in Argolida, Corinthia, Mantinia and Nemea, which are Roditis, Alepou and Moscofilero (all pink-skinned grape varieties, but usually used in white wine production), as well as reds like Agiorgitiko and, more recently, Mavrostifo of Argos, an old and almost extinct variety of the region. In addition, cosmopolitan varieties are also cultivated, such as Chardonnay, Viognier, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Syrah and Merlot. We stay here for about 1 hour and have the chance to taste some of the finest wines.
- In both wineries you may also purchase their unique and exquisite wines. At noon we will reach in one of the beautiful towns of Greece and the first capital city at the Modern Greek history, the seaside town of Nafplio! Here you can have a delicious traditional lunch. At the end of the tour we will drop of at your hotel in Athens. The duration of the tour is about 10 hours.
- Corinth Canal
- Visit 2 Wineries
- Wine tasting
- City of Nauplio
- The area of Ancient Nenea
- Private car & English speaking driver
- Pick up & Drop of at your hotel in Athens
- Special visit at Nafplio town
- All taxes
- Personal expenses, Lunch,
- Wine tasting (8-25€ per person)
- Gratuities (optional)
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- We suggest you to book a local guide during the trip to receive deep information.
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.