- All Year.
12 Day Wine Roads at Northern Greece & Peloponnese...
12 day wine tour all over Greece for the lovers of fine wine, the visit-able wineries of the country give the perfect opportunity for a wine trip.The following proposals offer a complete wine tour experience at the most famous wineries all over Greece, which have also created atmospheric hostels or hotels near their facilities, for a special stay in a magical natural environment.
Enjoy the Greek wines in their place of production and origin, combine them with flavors from the local traditional cuisine, follow the path of maturation in the cellars and rest in their rooms in a completely intoxicating escape. In additional, you have the opportunity to visit the most important archaeological heritage sites of UNESCO, such as Mycenae, Delphi, Olympia, Meteora, you will walk at the foot of Olympus, and you will enjoy the swimming at the hot springs of "Pozar" at the northeast Greece, called "Macedonia.
DAY 1: ATHENS – "SEMELI ESTATE WINERY" & "DOMAINE SKOURAS"
- Pick you up from your hotel and driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, we will have our first stop, at the Canal of Corinth.
"DOMAINE SKOURAS" Afterwards we continue to reach Nemea, one of the most famous places in Greece for the vineyards and the productions of excellent and tasteful wines (mostly red ones) non-stop for 3,500 years! Here you will have wine tasting of AGIORGITIKO, but also with Rodites, Malagousia, Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah can lavishly offer wines of quality names.
"SEMELI ESTATE" founded in 1979 and is one of the first wineries that focused on the growing wine tourism sector. The view from the winery and the hostels is stunning and offers peace and quiet. Here you will taste high quality wines that harness the full potential of some of Greece’s most exciting indigenous grape varieties including vibrant and versatile Agiorgitiko, delicious and grapy Moschofilero, elegant Roditis and aromatic Malagousia. Our day finished at Nafplio. Overnight Nafplio
DAY 2: ANCIENT OLYMPIA – "GAIA WINERY" – CITY OF PATRA
- Leave Selemi Estate to reach at the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, where the first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. Visit the archaeological site and museum before reach at "OLYMPIA LAND ESTATE”. Our ancestors 150 years ago began the cultivation of raisins and olive trees. Nowadays Olympia Land Estate is a family winery consist of two buildings surrounded by the vineyard of the estate. In the first building one finds the production area, especially designed to welcome the grapes straight from the vintage. In the second building, a stone – built mansion, one can find the underground maturation cellar, where the red wines age, as well as big wine tasting room where the visitor can unveil the secrets of the Olympia Land wines city of Patra for Overnight
DAY 3: CITY OF PATRA - “ACHAIA CLAUSS WINE CASTLE” – METSOVO
- Today we will visit another great winery the "Achaia Clauss» founded 1861 by Bavarian Gustav Clauss which decided to establish the first oenological community in Greece. Over time, Gustav’s passion and wisdom transformed the small winery into a large-scale wine facility, soon to become the cradle of legendary wines. He created Mavrodaphne, a deep purple, sweet dessert wine with a unique character. Stone buildings. Large carved oak barrels. With one century old Mavrodaphne! ACHAIA CLAUSS is the only wine castle in the area, a milestone in our country’s history. Our day will finish at traditional village of Metsovo.Overnight in Metsovo
DAY 4: VETSOVO - KATOGI AVEROFF WINERI – VEROIA – VERGINA – NAOUSA - CITY OF EDESSA
- A model wine tourism unit in Greece, the hotel-winery Katogi Averoff combines the world of wine with art and warm hospitality in a magical natural environment. The visit to the cellars of the winery, with the contribution of various visual interventions and audiovisual media, offers an atmospheric tour of the charming world of wine, the history of the winery and the process of winemaking.
After the tasting we leave the winery to reach at Vergina (ancient Aigai), to live the experience of a visit to the unique Museum, created in the Great Tumulus covering the royal tombs of Macedonia. Admire the astonishing findings from the tomb of King Phillip II, Alexander's father. In only a few miles away is Veria (Biblical Beroea), where we will visit the Saint Paul's Bema. Our next stop will be at the picturesque Edessa where we will admire the town's famous landmark, the Waterfalls. Edessa for overnight
DAY 5: CITY OF EDESSA - “POZAR BATHS”
- Pozar Baths, which means fire or heat, also known as Loutraki Baths, are thermal baths. These are metal springs, which gush at a temperature of 37 ° C, with remarkable chemical composition. The hot water has a healing effect and is drinkable. In a unique natural environment, with many different services, with water at an ideal temperature and a very pleasant composition on the body, the baths of Pozar are an ideal holiday destination. After the relaxing day we will reach at the area of ‘Aspovalata” close to Kavala city to have. Overnight at Edessa
DAY 6: CITY OF KAVALA - “VIVLIA CHORA WINERY” – “CHATEAU NIKO LAZARIDI”
- “Vivlia Chora Winery” We will enjoy the hospitality at the wonderful The long wine tradition of the area has its roots in antiquity, when in the area they cultivated a variety of grapes, the "Books of Vine", from which they produced the famous "Biblical wine". In 1998, an organic vineyard was created here, the "Ktima Books Chora", with important Greek and foreign varieties. The cultivation is done with respect to the environment and the fauna of the area, while all the viticultural works are done in the traditional way, without the use of special technological means. Inside the vineyard is an impressively modern winery, which produces the 11 wines of the Estate.
Next winery is NICO LAZARIDI vineyards in the Prefecture of Drama, they are surrounded by mount Pangeon – our Magic Mountain – which name is forever related to the worship of Dionysus, the Greek god of the grape harvest and winemaking. The vineyards, located in one of the most renowned and promising vine regions of east Macedonia occupying approximately 80 hectares. You will tasting the White varieties: Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, Ugni Blanc (Trebbiano), Chardonnay, Muscat of Alexandria and Red varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Grenache Rouge, Sangiovese. Our day will finish at the city of Kavala. Overnight in Kavala
DAY 7: KAVALA – CITY TOUR IN THESSALONIKI – LITOCHORO
- Today we leave Kavala to reach at beautiful city of Thessaloniki. We will visit the Rotunda, one of the most imposing monuments of Thessaloniki. Visit St. Demetrius Basilica, in which is located the underground ancient “Crypt", the most important part of the temple. the Acheiropoietos Church - a gem of devotion: It is one of the first churches of Christianity, founded sometime between 450 and 475 AD. You will take photos next to "White Tower"' the main point mention of the city, the "Rotonda monument". We will also visit "the Arch of Galerius" (Kamara) is perhaps the most distinctive and interesting roman structure of Thessaloniki. At the end of the city tour, we will taste local delicious meal at the area of "Ladadika" the most famous area for the traditional cuisine of the northern Greece. At the end of our private tour in Thessaloniki we will reach at the Litochoro at the footsteps of mount Olympus. Overnight at Litochoro
DAY 8: LITOCHORO VILLAGE – "RAPSANI WINERY & VINE MUSEUM" – METEORA
- After breakfast you will meet our experienced guide for an amazing (optional) hiking experience. Mt Olympus apart from Greece’s highest mountain and lush nature, is renowned from mythology as the home of the 12 Gods. The hiking tour will take you through beautiful easy trails, to chapels, waterfalls and places with spectacular views. Next stop will be at Rapsani winey, close to Tembi Valley. The wine PDO Rapsani produced exclusively by the plus-three red wine varieties, Xinomavro, Krassato and Phillips. The vineyards of the wine production area PDO. Rapsani, located in at the slopes of Olympus, in hilly and mountainous terrain. Rapsani, on 2012 created the Vine Museum which presents the history of viticulture and wine making in the area of Rapsani from the 17th-18th century to the present day. The aim of the museum is to highlight the local history of Rapsani, which has been linked over the last three centuries with the cultivation of the vine and the production of the famous raspanian brass. Leave the area of Paspani reach at Meteora for overnight.
DAY 9: PRIVATE TOUR METEORA – "ARGIRIOU WINERY" AT MOUNT OF PARNASOS
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel to visit the Byzantine Monasteries of Meteora that are included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. Visiting Meteora you will enjoy a unique and imposing scenery of ageless monasteries, containing priceless historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky at the top of huge rocks. The Argyriou Estate has dedicated itself, right from the start to the production of high-quality wines, to which both the soil and climatic conditions contribute thanks to the mountainous massif of Parnassus along with the modern winemaking methods followed. You will have wine taste of "Malagouzia" "Sauvignon Blanc" "Merlot" etc enjoying the local cuisine. Overnight at Arachova
DAY 10: DELPHI PRIVATE TOUR – ATHENS
- After your breakfast, we will visit the archaeological site of Delphi. We will visit the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre which can host more than 5000 seated spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ‘’Charioteer’’, one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Continuing we will depart to reach the village of Arachova, the most bustling winter destination in Greece, a mountainous village at 1000 meters altitude. Discover the traditional character of the village by taking a coffee or lunch break. Don’t forget to try the famous, traditional cheese, Arachova’s formaela, in various forms. Departing from Arachova and driving through Central Greece we will reach in Athens for overnight.
DAY 11: PRIVATE WINE TOUR ATHENS TO VISIT 2 OF THE MOST AWARD-WINNING WINERIES
Meet your private driver at your hotel and travel alongside the coastline of Athens, in the heart of the Athenian Riviera, we will reach at first bio-climatic winery. In the basement of the building, rooms have been developed for wine making, bottling, aging and storage. At another floor, between the basement and the ground floor, the tasting area is located which simultaneously allows the view of the aging cellar with the barrels and the Mediterranean vineyard.The winery was distinguished at the 2008 Architecture Awards by the Hellenic Institute of Architecture. Afterwards, you will be welcomed in the second winery that has been making wine in those very premises since 1875! In the tasting area of the winery the visitors can taste the different wines such as Malagouzia, Assyrtiko Cabernet, Sauvignon, etc in combination with local delicacies such as rusks, gruyere with oil and oregano, traditional pie. After the tasting, you can visit the in-sight shop where you can buy your favorite wines. Then, we will transfer you to your hotel in Athens. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 12: DAY AT LEISURE IN ATHENS.
- Today you can relax at your hotel or to explore Athens by yourself. Alternative (optional) we suggest you a short private tour to must see sites in Athens. Visit the Acropolis, the Athens trilogy, Panathinaiko stadium, a panoramic Athens city tour and a walking tour in Plaka area with the traditional taverns and the coffee shops in the picturesque alleys. This tour is suitable for travelers seeking a personalized experience. Delve into the rich history and heritage of Athens, admire the Greek culture and architecture, stroll in traditional streets, and of course, do not forget to taste the world famous Souvlaki and to buy gifts for your loved ones. The duration of the tour is 4 hours . Our services ends.
- Gourmet food & Cheese platter
- City Tour in Athens, Acropolis, Panathinaiko Stadium etc
- Ancient Korinthos, Nafplio
- Ancient Epidaurus, Argos, Mycenae, Mystras
- City of Patra, Ancient Olympia
- Village of Metsovo
- Veroia, Vergina, Naousa, Edessa, Pozar Baths
- City of Kavala & City of Thessaloniki
- Litochoro Village & Mount of Olympus
- Meteora, Delphi, Cape Sounio
- Delphi, Museum, Arachova Village
- Semeli Estate Winery
- Gaia Winery
- Achaia Clauss Wine Castle
- Katogi Averoff Winery
- Vivlia Chora Winery
- Niko lazaridi Winery
- Chateau Niko Lazaridi Winery
- Rapsani Winery & Vine Museum
- Argiriou Winery
- Papagiannakos Winery
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- 11 Nights accommodation with Breakfast
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Private wine tour in Athens
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - in Archeological sites
- Wine Tasting in each winery (10-25€/pp)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel city tax
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We book accommodation at the wineries, (subject to availability) Alternatively we book hotels at the same area
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.