We prepared a wonderful 8 day wine tour package which includes Sightseeing, walking gourmet tour in Athens, wine tasting & accommodation at a wonderful winery, olive oil tasting, cooking lessons, visit at a honey farm, accommodation in alternative country hotels and farms. The tour is suitable for the travelers that would like a local experience.
With this special tour, you have many of additional activities and tours such as a tour at Ancient Olympia, the glory tower town of Mystras, you will stroll at the narrow streets of Nafplio, a tour in Delphi the center of ancient world, and a wonderful and wine tasting at Argyriou winery located at Mount of Parnasos, close to Delphi. Wine tour Greece at the best places for a fantastic alternative experience.
Day 1: ARRIVAL DAY:
- Meet & Greet at Athens airprot at Athens airport and transfer to your hotel in Athens Overnight at Athens.
Day 2: ATHENS: WALIKING GOURMET TOUR & COOKING CLASS:
- Our local, home cook is here to take care of you and make sure you have fun from the moment you meet him! Head to Varvakios Agora, the central producers’ market in Athens, here your cook will take you on a shopping walk to pick up ingredients, meet some of the local traders and discover a few places you might not have already seen! Back at hall the hands-on experience will begin, and you will be involved in the preparation of your dishes. Your meal will be served with Greek Salad, fresh bread, a serving of wine or a beer and a shot of local digestive liquor. At the end of the tour, we will have a panoramic city tour in Athens with a special visit at Acropolis. Overnight at Athens.
Day 3: WINE TOUR AT ANCIENT NEMEA – FARM-TO-TABLE- DINNER AT NAFPLIO:
- Our day will start with a visit at the Canal of Corinth, we then continue to Ancient Nemea, a must for wine lovers! We will visit two wineries in Nemea, whose wines are established in the market and in the conscience of Greek public. In the wineries you will have the chance to taste varieties of wines like Agioritiko, Roditis, Malagousia, Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah which are very well known for their special taste and aroma. We will reach in a country hotel at Nafplio, surrounded by orange groves and olive trees. Taste a traditional breakfast with handmade delicacies from local producers as well as the tasteful dishes of our Farm-to-Table Restaurant that offers delicious menus created with seasonal and organic ingredients from our own fruit gardens, the wild and pure Greek countryside, and organic local producers. Cool off by the pool, enjoy a luxurious massage and sip your coffee or drink on the patio with panoramic view of the plain and the village. Here you will also have a Cooking lesson so that to cook and enjoy our cuisine and learn the skills you need to master the art of creating healthy dishes from fresh and locally sourced ingredients. Overnight at a Country type hotel in Nafplio
Day 4: MYCENAE -EPIDAURUS – FARM-TO-TABLE- DINNER - SPARTA:
- After your breakfast, we will visit the Golden city of Mycenae & the Ancient Theater of Epidaurus, we will have a walking tour at the romantic town of Nafplio with a special visit at “Palamidi Castle” to enjoy the panoramic view! Finally, we will reach at a wonderful farm close to Sparta, a unique regenerative agrotourism & ecotourism accommodation, filled with harmony. Here you may have many activities such as farm to table & cooking lessons, wine tasting, Olive Oil tasting, Gastronomy experience etc. Join at yoga practice as well as workshops and events for well-being. You can participate in olive picking, grape harvest & other agricultural activities (depending on the period). Overnight on a Farm
Day 5: SPARTA – MYSTRAS – WINE TASTING AT OLYMPIA:
Leave this wonderful place to have our first visit at the nearby glory Byzantine town of Mystras. Let yourself be captivated by this destination’s medieval splendor. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur. Finally, we will reach at Ancient Olympia to visit the “OLYMPIA LAND ESTATE”. Our ancestors 150 years ago began the cultivation of raisins and olive trees. Nowadays Olympia Land Estate is a family winery consist of two buildings surrounded by the vineyard of the estate. In the first building is the production area, especially designed to welcome the grapes straight from the vintage, with all necessary modern equipment to produce quality wines. In the second building, a stone – built mansion, you will find the underground maturation cellar, where the red wines age, as well as a big wine tasting room where the visitor can unveil the secrets of the Olympia Land wines. Overnight at Olympia.
Day 6: ANCIENT OLYMPIA – HONEY FARM – "ARGYRIOU WINERY":
- Today we will visit the Ancient Olympia, the place that the first ever Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. Visit the remains of the gymnasium, the palestra (practice ground for the wrestlers), the VIP hotel, the troughs that held olive-oil balm for the athletes, and plinths for the victors' statues, complete with their footprints, are all still here. Also, there you will see the temple of Zeus the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece and one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world. You will some free time in the village of Olympia, for shopping or lunch, before we visit a local honey farm, where under the shade of the trees we will have a coffee or a fresh juice and enjoy hand-made local desserts all made with honey produced in this farm for generations. They will take you back to the time of their grandparents and they will explain how village people made their living. Through the presentation of beekeeping tools, you will be introduced to the life of bees from ancient times until today. Finally, we will reach at the traditional village of Polydroso close to Mount of Parnassos. Overnight at Argyriou Winery
Day 8: WINE TASTING AT ARGYRIOU WINERY – DELPHI – ATHENS:
- The winery is located within the settlement of Polydrosos and is surrounded by a small vineyard. In 2011 the space was expanded to accommodate the new increased production and so now the winery is divided into two parts. The first part includes the winemaking equipment, the stainless-steel cooled tanks for the winemaking of white and red wines, as well as the press and other machines necessary for the production process, while the second part houses the bottling line, and the oak barrels for the aging of wines. Here you can taste the varieties of Malagousia, Sauvignon blanc, Merlot etc in the specially designed area (cellar). Next stop will be at Delphi: the center of ancient world, visit the Castalia springs, the temple of Apollo. We have lunch at the traditional winter village of Arachova, where you can taste the traditional cheese, Arachova’s formaela, in various forms, before we depart for Athens. Overnight at Athens.
Day 9: DEPARTURE DAY: Our driver meet you ta your hotels to transfer you at Athens airport according to your flight’s details.