- The tour is suitable for year-round operation
6 Day Wine Tour Greece at Peloponnese & Santorini...
The 6 day wine tour Greece to Ancient Nemea, Peloponnese & Santorini tour is suitable for serious wine lovers, who seek an escape from the ordinary and are looking for a different type of excursion. In the wineries of Ancient Nemea, you will have the chance to taste varieties of wines like Agioritiko, Roditis, Malagousia, Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon.
It is said that the climate and the altitude in Nemea is the ideal one for vineyards and that is what makes the wines produced here excellent and well known all over the world. Santorinian wine is one of those subjects that can cause deep scenes into the heart of even the most confident, well-seasoned traveler. Its solid reputation is built on close relationships with various wine growers, in-depth knowledge of each wine – its climate, vines, composition, taste – and a clever storage set-up.
Day 1: Athens – Wine Tour at the Best Wineries of Ancient Nemea
- Pick you up from your hotel at 08.30 we will have our first stop, at the canal of Corinth with the amazing view of the 6 km length and 80m height! We will visit 2 wineries in Nemea.
Domaine Skouras: Afterwards we continue to reach Nemea, one of the most famous places in Greece for the vineyards and the productions of excellent and tasteful wines (mostly red ones) and above all this, the area of ancient Nemea, where viniculture continues non-stop for 3,500 years! At Nemea area we will visit one of the most famous winery. More than 300 stremmas (area equal to 1000km) planted mostly with agiorgitiko, but also with rodites, malagousia, chardonnay, merlot, cabernet sauvignon, and syrah can lavishly offer wines of quality names. We will spend 1 hour exploring the place and tasting wines.
Palivos Estate: We continue to visit the second one brilliant winery at the area of Peloponnese, which we will visit the vineyards and taste a vast array of wines. This winery cultivates the indigenous varieties grown in Argolida, Corinthia, Mantinia, and Nemea, which are roditis, alepou, and moscofilero (all pink-skinned grape varieties, but usually used in white wine production), as well as reds like agiorgitiko and, more recently, mavrostifo of Argos, an old and almost extinct variety of the region. In addition, cosmopolitan varieties are also cultivated, such as chardonnay, viognier, cabernet sauvignon, cabernet franc, syrah, and merlot. We stay here for about 1 hour and have the chance to taste some of the finest wines.
Nafplio: At noon we will reach one of the beautiful towns of Greece and the first capital city in modern Greek history, the seaside town of Nafplio! Here you can have a delicious traditional lunch. At the end of the tour we will drop off at your hotel in Nafplio. Overnight at Nafplio
Day 2: Private Tour Argolis: Nafplio - Mycenae - Epidaurus - Athens
- Nafplio: After your breakfast, we will explore the seaside town of Nafplio. You can stroll between the ancient castles with an amazing view, or you may simply stroll through the quaint streets of the old town, surrounded by bougainvillea. We will also visit the Castle of the Town, with the 999 steps (!), which offers an amazing view to the small island of Bourtzi, in the middle of the city's harbor, the fort on the sea, and Nafplio's trademark.
Mycenae: We will visit the Ancient Mycenae, the center of Greek civilization and home to the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon. Visit the Cyclopean Walls, the famous Lion's Gate, and the "Atreus King Tomb"!
Ancient Epidaurus: Afterwards, we will have our last stop at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, with 15,000 spectators and breathtaking acoustics. Then, we will return to your hotel late in the afternoon. Overnight in Athens.
Day 3: Athens to Santorini
- Our driver will meet you at your hotel to transfer you to Piraeus port to take the ferry for the famous Santorini island. You will arrive at the port of Santorini, and our local driver will transfer you to your hotel. free time to enjoy its beauty and cycladic culture of santorini, soak up the sun, swim in the volcanic pool in santorini, walk on the rim of caldera and the thousands of narrow streets of the town fira, and take memorable photos. Overnight in Santorini.
Day 4: Santorini:
- (optional) Semi-Private Sunset Cruise to Caldera with Buffet on Board. This unforgettable journey offers a blend of natural wonders and cultural experiences. Dive into the therapeutic hot springs on the island of Palea Kameni, then explore the unique Red Beach, renowned for its red volcanic sand and turquoise waters. Nearby, the pristine White Beach is a hidden gem, accessible only by boat, perfect for snorkeling and swimming. Indulge in a sumptuous onboard buffet featuring fresh seafood, grilled meats, salads, and delectable desserts as you sail towards the iconic Oia, where the sunset transforms the Caldera and village into a breathtaking golden spectacle. Overnight in Santorini.
Day 5: 6h Private Wine Tour in Santorini
- Estate Argyros: (a modern style winery): The estate argyros winery is one of the most imposing on the island. surrounded by vineyards, the cutting-edge production facilities are matched with a beautiful, relaxing, airy wine tasting hall, making estate argyros an impeccable experience, including the famous vinsanto, coupled with artisanal cheeses and cold cuts. Do not miss to taste and buy the handmade chocolate (chocolate desserts) with vinsanto paste filling. flavored with vinsanto wine from the island of santorini, covered with a sumptuous dark chocolate frosting and punctuated with the smooth tang of greek honey.
Venetsianos winery: (wonderful view to caldera ideal for sunset): We will visit "Venetsianos winery" as one of the best places in santorini to taste wine while watching the sunset over the caldera! You will taste "assyrtiko" as is the dominant white grape variety, which thrives in its homeland, the volcanic land of santorini. You can choose to taste any of the various styles of wines that they produce, all the finest expressions of Santorini volcanic vineyard and assyrtiko grape variety.
Gavalas winery: (friendly & traditional): The visit at the winery includes tasting of the whole range of the wines and tour at the wine making areas. a series of packages of nine different wines are available for tasting. gavalas's sommeliers and enologists will guide you step by step from the production of the wine to the glass on your table. During the tour, participants learn about the history, tradition, and latest developments of winemaking, while walking from the old stone-built cellars to the modern establishments. at the end of the tour we will transfer you back to your hotel. Overnight in Santorini.
Day 6: Santorini to Athens:
Free time for yourself until our driver picks you up from your hotel to transfer you to the port to get the ferry to athens. Meet you at Piraeus port and transfer you to your hotel. Our services end.
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Nemea area
- 2 Wineries at Ancient Nemea
- Mycenae, Epidaurus, Nafplio towm
- Volcano, Hot Springs, in Santorini
- Sunset at Oia with buffet on board
- Venetsianos Winery in Santorini
- Gavalas Winery in Santorini
- Argyros Estate in Santorini
- Private car & English speaking driver
- Wine Tasting of 3-5 wines in each winery
- Sightseeing in each winery with an expert tour leader
- 5 Nights’ Accommodation with breakfast
- Private Transfers from/to Hotel/Port at all areas
- Fast Ferry tickets from Piraeus Port/Santorini/Piraeus port
- Welcome bag with gifts upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Entrance fees at Archaeological sites
- Tour Guide in Argolis & Crusie to Caldera
- Hotel City Tax
- All our drivers speak English very well and have high experience and have well knowledge for the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each site but are not official guides.
- It is not needed to have tour guide during the tour in Santorini as it a self-guided trip.
- But we suggest you to have a tour guide for the private tour in Argolis (Myceane, Epidaurus)
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver will meet you at your hotel to start the wine tour.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- Our local driver will be waiting at the port or airport in each island, holding a sign with your name written on it, in order to meet you and transfer you to your hotel.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels..
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- We will provide you FAST FERRY TICKETS to spend less time on the boat and more time in each Island.
- You have the chance to travel at the Greek Islands with domestic flights instead of ferry tickets with additional cost.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.