All year, any time that you want.
6 Day Wine Tour Greece at Peloponnese & Santorini...
The 6 day wine tour Greece to Ancient Nemea, Peloponnese & Santorini tour is suitable for serious wine lovers, who seek an escape from the ordinary and are looking for a different type of excursion. In the wineries of Ancient Nemea, you will have the chance to taste varieties of wines like Agioritiko, Roditis, Malagousia, Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon.
It is said that the climate and the altitude in Nemea is the ideal one for vineyards and that is what makes the wines produced here excellent and well known all over the world. Santorinian wine is one of those subjects that can cause deep scenes into the heart of even the most confident, well-seasoned traveler. Its solid reputation is built on close relationships with various wine growers, in-depth knowledge of each wine – its climate, vines, composition, taste – and a clever storage set-up.
DAY 1: ATHENS – WINE TOUR AT THE BEST WINERIES OF ANCIENT NEMEA
- Pick you up from your hotel we will have our first stop, at the Canal of Corinth with the amazing view of the 6 km length and 80m height! We will visit 2 wineries in Nemea, whose wines were established in the market and in the conscience of Greek public. Taste wine varieties, well known for their special taste and aroma.In the wineries you will have the chance to taste varieties of wines like Agioritiko, Roditis, Malagousia, Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah which are very well known for their special taste and aroma, especially Agiorgitiko is dated since 4.500 BC. It is said that the climate and the altitude in Nemea is the ideal one for vineyards and that is what makes the wines produced here excellent and well known all over the world. Our first day ends at the beautiful seaside town of Nafplio. . Overnight at Nafplio
DAY 2: NAFPLIO - MYCENAE - EPIDAURUS
- Today we will explore the area of Argolis. We will visit the Ancient Mycenae, the center of Greek civilization, home to the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon. Visit the Cyclopean Walls, the famous Lion’s Gate and the ‘’Atreus King Tomb’’! The most relaxing part of the tour is the seaside town of Nafplio. You can stroll between the ancient castles with amazing view, you also may simply stroll through the quaint streets of the old town, surrounded by bougainvillea or take a taxi boat to visit the small island of Bourtzi, in the middle of the city’s harbor, the fort on the sea and Nafplio’ s trademark! Here you will enjoy a traditional Greek lunch next to the coast. Afterwards, we will have our last stop at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus of the 15.000 spectators and the breathtaking acoustics and then, we will return at your Hotel late in the afternoon Overnight in Athens
DAY 3: ATHENS-SANTORINI ISLAND
- Our driver will meet you at your hotel to transfer you to Piraeus Port to take the ferry for the famous Santorini Island. You will arrive at the port of Santorini and our local driver will transfer you to your hotel. Free time to enjoy its beauty & Cycladic culture of Santorini, soak up the sun, swim in the Volcanic Pool in Santorini, walk at rim of Caldera and the thousands narrow streets of the town Fira and get memorable photos. Overnight in Santorini.
DAY 4: SANTORINI ISLAND:
- (optional) Sunset cruise tour to Volcano with buffet on board. Pick you up from cruise your hotel after noon to start the excellent sunset cruise tour to volcano having our first stop at the famous volcano of Santorini! Then, you will walk to the volcano’s ridge with your guide and he is going to explain you everything about the history and the geology of the volcano. Our next stop will be the island of Palea Kameni where the famous hot springs are located on the west side. Dinner on board sailing above the underwater craters from Palia Kameni to Thirasia Island, the boat will anchor close to the island in order to enjoy your dinner. The end of the excursion comes on sunset time. Our boat will stop very close to Oia village where you will have the chance to watch the warm light of the setting sun under the violet sky before the night falls. This is the most unforgettable experience as the Caldera and the village of Oia will turn into gold color! Overnight in Santorini.
DAY 5: PRIVATE WINE TOUR IN SANTORINI
ESTATE ARGYROS (a modern style winery): The Estate Argyros winery is one of the most imposing on the island. Surrounded by vineyards, the cutting-edge production facilities are matched with a beautiful, relaxing, airy wine tasting hall, making Estate Argyros an impeccable experience including the famous Vinsanto, coupled with artisanal cheeses and cold cuts. You will spend 1 ½ hours tasting of up to 5 local wines. Do not miss to taste and buy the Handmade Chocolate (Chocolate desserts) with Vinsanto paste filling. Flavored with Vinsanto wine from the island of Santorini, covered with a sumptuous dark chocolate frosting and punctuated with the smooth tang of Greek honey.
VENETSIANOS WINERY (wonderful view to Caldera ideal for sunset): We will visit "Venetsianos Winery" as one of the best place in Santorini to taste wine while watching the sunset over the caldera! You will taste "Assyrtiko" as is the dominant white grape variety, which thrives in its homeland, the volcanic land of Santorini. You can choose to taste any of the various styles of wines that they produce, all the finest expressions of Santorini volcanic vineyard and Assyrtiko grape variety. Presentation and tasting of 3 wines accompanied with small bites of local cheese and barley rusks
GAVALAS WINERY (friendly & traditional): The visit at the winery includes tasting of the whole range of the wines and tour at the wine making areas. Visitors have the opportunity to taste a variety of wines and familiarize themselves with the unique characteristics of Santorini's wine at a picturesque courtyard or the roof garden. A series of packages of nine different wines are available for tasting. Gavalas's sommeliers and enologists will guide you step by step from the production of the wine to the glass on your table. During the tour, participants learn about the history, tradition, and latest developments of winemaking, while walking from the old stone-built cellars to the modern establishments. The duration of the tour is about 6 hours. At the end of the tour we will transfer you back to your hotel. Overnight in Santorini.
DAY 6: SANTORINI - ATHENS:
- Free time for yourself until our driver picks you up from your hotel to transfer you to the port to get the ferry to Athens. Meet you at Piraeus port and transfer you to your hotel. Our services ends.
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Nemea area
- 2 Wineries at Ancient Nemea
- Mycenae, Epidaurus, Nafplio towm
- Volcano, Hot Springs, in Santorini
- Sunset at Oia with buffet on board
- Venetsianos Winery in Santorini
- Gavalas Winery in Santorini
- Argyros Estate in Santorini
- English speaking drive
- Transportation with private car
- Private Tour land to Ancient Nemea, Nafplio, Mycenae
- Private Wine Tour in Santorini
- 5 Nights’ Accommodation with breakfast
- Transfer from/to Athens Hotel / Piraeus Port / hotel
- Transfer from/to Port/hotel in Santorini
- Fast Ferry tickets from Piraeus Port / Santorini / Piraeus port
- Welcome bag with gifts upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Entrance fees at Archaeological sites
- Wine tasting & entrance fees at the wineries
- Official Tour Guide
- Hotel City Tax
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 3 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card
- b/ Require more information
- c/ Pay now only 30% as payment in advance in order your tour to be confirmed
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- You have the choice, as shown below, in order to have a tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- You can book a local tour guide in each site you will visit
- You can book an escort with good knowledge that will provide his services and guide you until you enter archaeological sites and museums
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicle
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
- Upon our meeting in Athens we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact number of each area.
- Our local drivers in each island will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, in order to meet you and transfer you to your hotel.
- We provide you FAST FERRY TICKETS in order to spend more time in each Island. Sometimes the ferry route can be changed depending on the shipping company’s schedule. In any case, we will modify the program accordingly. Also note that we can provide you AIR TICKETS instead off ferry tickets with extra supplement.
- For short trip to the Islands our tickets includes 1 carry-on per person, please ask us for check in luggage if it is needed.
Our driver will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and he will help you with your baggage, and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues
- We provide you 4* star & 3* star hotels accommodation. You can ask for an upgrade in 5 stars hotels.
- Please note that the hotesl in our proposed program may be changed, depending on the availability and the time that you will make the booking. In any case we will book hotels at the same level
- We suggest collaborating hotels in each island you visit. Our company's policy is in agreement with changes in your place of accommodation and in the hotels, upon agreement, on extra supplement if it is needed
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 5 euros per room per day for 5*star hotels - Paid at the hotel.
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 until 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 until 19.30
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae
- 12 euro / person for Epidaurus
- 8 - 18 euro / person at the fees in each winery
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.