- All year, any time that you wish.
Private Sunset Tour at Cape Sounio, Athenian Riviera....
Enjoy a private half day sunset tour in Cape Sounio & the Temple of Poseidon. Travel alongside the coastline of Athens, enjoy your coffee at the Lake of Vouliagmenis, in the heart of the Athenian Riviera, admire a truly impressive scene and let the idyllic landscape amaze you!
Then, visit Cape Sounio, known for the imposing sanctuary of Poseidon which is one of the most important sights and archaeological sites of Attica! You can choose to start the tour in the afternoon in order to combine it with the magnificent sunset, as seen from Cape Sounio!
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel or cruise ship, and passing by the coast line of Athens and Athenian Riviera, we will have our first stop at the famous Lake of Vouliagmeni, www.limnivouliagmenis.gr a wonderful and so unusual natural beauty that offers the visitor true moments of relaxation, for a coffee break before visiting Cape Sounio.
- Following the Mediterranean coastline known as "Athenian Riviera" (if you wish we will have a stop for panoramic photos) we will reach at the second most popular site of the Greek capital, "Cape Sounio"(especially during the afternoon hours when you can take the chance of the breathtaking sunset over the Aegean Sea!) in order to visit Cape Sounio and the Temple of God Poseidon!
- Cape Sounio is located 70 kilometers south-southeast of Athens, at the southernmost tip of the Attica peninsula in Greece. Sounion is noted as the site of ruins of an ancient Greek temple of Poseidon, the god of the sea in classical mythology. The remains are perched on the headland, surrounded on three sides by the sea. According to the legend, Cape Sounion is the spot where Aegeus, king of Athens, was lead to his death, falling off the cliff, thus giving his name to the Aegean Sea.
- The myth says that King's Aegeus son, Theseus was sent to Crete to kill the Minotaur, a monster that was half man and half bull. If he succeeded, Aegeus asked to put on the boat white sails during his return. Although he did kill Minotaur, he forgot to change the black sails. Aegeus was anxiously looking out from Cape Sounion. Despaired when he saw a black sail on his son Theseus's ship, returning from Crete, which led him to believe that his son had been killed, he decided to kill himself.
- The tour can start any time you wish. Either for sunset tour or morning tour. The duration of the tours is about 5 hours.
- Cape Sounio
- Temple of Poseidon
- Beautiful Sunset in Cape Sounio
- Athenian Riviera
- Lake of Vouliagmenis
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Baby seat or booster without extra charge (on request)
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip, we suggest you have local guides during the trip to receive deep information
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- 8 euro / person / Temple of Poseidon in Sounio
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.