- All year, any time that you wish.
One Day Trip to Sparta, Mystras from Athens...
Enjoy a private day trip to Mystras & Ancient Sparta from Athens Greece, exploring the famous Ancient Sparta & the byzantine town of Mystras, with the comfort and safety of our chauffeured services. Outstanding destination within reach from Athens. Escape the city buzz and visit the tower town of Mysrtas, the Museum of Olive Oil in Sparta, the Memorial of Leonidas in Sparta....
Visit Sparta, founded in the 9th century and developed into the most powerful military city, the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta that could not be a better introduction to the history and culture of the olive and olive oil production in Greece. Visit the “Valley of Keada”, where it is said that the Spartans threw off the cliff traitors, criminals and perhaps their disabled children. Stroll through the byzantine town of Mystras, the Upper Town and the Lower Town whose architecture creates a dreamy setting. Walk through the medieval churches’ mansions and palaces of the Byzantine Empire with your mind’s eye visualize Frankish princes and princesses living in palatial mansions
- Pick you up from your Hotel at 08.30 (or Athens airport) to start this exceptional tour!! Our first short stop will be at the breathtaking Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height!). There, you will have a coffee break and you will have the opportunity to take photos. We continue by arriving to the nearby glory Byzantine town of Mystras. Let yourself be captivated by this destination’s medieval splendor, wander around the castle city in the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: The Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa, and of Οur Lady Perivleptos. Walk through the medieval churches’ mansions and palaces of the Byzantine Empire with your mind’s eye visualize Frankish princes and princesses living in palatial mansions; foreign delegations arriving bearing gifts, and peasants, pilgrims or traders filling the bustling streets.
- A visit to the Archaeological Museum will help you get a deep insight into the rich history of the area which takes the visitor on a journey through time. The next stop will be in in Sparta to see the Statue of Leonidas, will visit the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta, a great Museum showing the unique history of olive production in Greece visit the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta! We will pass from Taygetus mountain to visit the “Valley of Keada”, famous from mythology period. The ancient Spartans threw off the cliff their disabled children. But there is also another myth saying that the ancient Spartans threw off the cliff people condemned to death, the perjurers, traitors, criminals and prisoners of war. At the end of the tour, we will start our trip back, we arrive in Athens late in the afternoon, dropping you off to your hotel.
- Canal of Corinth
- Towertown of Mystras
- The Ancient Sparta
- Statue of Leonidas
- “The Valley of Keada”
- The Museum of the Olive Oil
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Baby seat or booster without extra charge (upon request)
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - Mystras
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip, we suggest you have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- 12 euro / person for Mystras
- 3 euro / for Olive Oli Museun in Sparta
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 4 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 3 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.