All year, any time that you want.
One Day Trip to Sparta, Mystras from Athens...
Enjoy a private day trip to Mystras & Ancient Sparta from Athens Greece, exploring the famous Ancient Sparta & the byzantine town of Mystras, with the comfort and safety of our chauffeured services. Outstanding destination within reach from Athens. Escape the city buzz and visit the tower town of Mysrtas, the Museum of Olive Oil in Sparta, the Memorial of Leonidas in Sparta....
Visit Sparta, founded in the 9th century and developed into the most powerful military city, the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta that could not be a better introduction to the history and culture of the olive and olive oil production in Greece.
Visit the “Valley of Keada”, where it is said that the Spartans threw off the cliff traitors, criminals and perhaps their disabled children.
Stroll through the byzantine town of Mystras, the Upper Town and the Lower Town whose architecture creates a dreamy setting. Walk through the medieval churches mansions and palaces of the Byzantine Empire with your mind’s eye visualise Frankish princes and princesses living in palatial mansions; foreign delegations arriving bearing gifts, and peasants, pilgrims or traders filling the bustling streets.
A visit to the Archaeological Museum will help you get a deep insight into the rich history of the area which takes the visitor on a journey through time. Book now the best-seller private day trip from Athens to Mystras & Ancient Sparta.
- Pick you up from your Hotel at 08.30 (or Athens airport) to start this exceptional tour!! Our first short stop will be at the breathtaking Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height!). There, you will have a coffee break and you will have the opportunity to take photos.
- We continue by arriving to the nearby glory Byzantine town of Mystras. Let yourself be captivated by this destination’s medieval splendor, wander around the castle city in the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa, and of Οur Lady Perivleptos. Walk through the medieval churches mansions and palaces of the Byzantine Empire with your mind’s eye visualize Frankish princes and princesses living in palatial mansions; foreign delegations arriving bearing gifts, and peasants, pilgrims or traders filling the bustling streets. A visit to the Archaeological Museum will help you get a deep insight into the rich history of the area which takes the visitor on a journey through time.
- The next stop will be in in Sparta to see the Statue of Leonidas, will visit the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta, a great Museum showing the unique history of olive production in Greece visit the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta!
- We will pass from Taygetus mountain to visit the “Valley of Keada”, famous from mythology period. The ancient Spartans threw off the cliff their disabled children. But there is also another myth saying that the ancient Spartans threw off the cliff people condemned to death, the perjurers, traitors, criminals and prisoners of war. At the end of the tour we will start our trip back, we arrive in Athens late in the afternoon, dropping you off to your hotel.
- Canal of Corinth
- Towertown of Mystras
- The Ancient Sparta
- Statue of Leonidas
- “The Valley of Keada”
- The Museum of the Olive Oil
- Pickup & drop off from your hotel, or Piraeus Port
- Transportation with Private car
- English speaking driver
- Licensed Tour Guide according to your selection
- All taxes
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 3 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card
- b/ Require more information
- c/ Pay now only 30% as payment in advance in order your tour to be confirmed
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- You have the choice, as shown below, in order to have a tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- You can book a local tour guide in each site you will visit
- You can book an escort with good knowledge that will provide his services and guide you until you enter archaeological sites and museums
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicle
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
Our driver will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and he will help you with your baggage, and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues
- We provide you 4* star hotels and 3* stars hotels. You can ask for an upgrade in 5* stars hotels
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depending on the availability and the time that you will make the booking. In any case we will book hotels at the same level
- If you want to extend your stay, we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.