- The tour is available all year round and can be scheduled at any time that is convenient for you.
One-Day Private Tour from Athens to Mystras...
10 Hours: Experience the best of Ancient Sparta and the Byzantine town of Mystras on a 10-hour private day trip from Athens, with the comfort and safety of our chauffeured services. Explore the Memorial of Leonidas, the Museum of Olive Oil in Sparta, and the infamous “Valley of Keada”. Discover the medieval churches, mansions, and palaces of the Byzantine Empire in the Upper and Lower Town of Mystras.
Immerse yourself in the rich history and culture of olive and olive oil production in Greece. Our private tour allows you to escape the city buzz and immerse yourself in Greece's rich history and culture. You will enjoy the comfort and safety of our chauffeured services, allowing you to sit back and relax while we take you on an unforgettable journey through time. Book your private tour to Mystras and Ancient Sparta from Athens today and discover the beauty of Greece in a whole new way.
- Looking for an unforgettable one-day tour from Athens that will take you through some of Greece's most breathtaking landmarks and historical sites? Look no further than our tour to Mystras, Sparta, and the Leonidas Memorial!
- Canal of Corinth: Our tour starts with a pick-up from your hotel or Athens airport at 8:30 AM. Our first stop is at the awe-inspiring Canal of Corinth, which boasts a length of 6 km and a height of 80 m. Here, you'll have a chance to take some amazing photos and enjoy a coffee break before we continue our journey to Mystras.
- Mystras: is a Byzantine town that's renowned for its medieval splendor. When we arrive, you'll have the opportunity to explore the castle city in both the Upper and Lower Town. Take in the city's sheer grandeur as you wander through the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios, and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa and of Οur Lady Perivleptos. As you explore the medieval churches, mansions, and palaces of the Byzantine Empire, let your imagination run wild as you visualize Frankish princes and princesses living in palatial mansions, foreign delegations arriving bearing gifts, and peasants, pilgrims, or traders filling the bustling streets.
- Mueum: After exploring Mystras, we'll visit the Archaeological Museum, where you'll gain a deep insight into the rich history of the area. The museum takes visitors on a journey through time, from ancient Greek and Roman times to the Byzantine period and beyond.
- Sparta: Our next stop is in Sparta, where you'll have the chance to see the Statue of Leonidas, the brave king of Sparta who led his men into battle against the Persians at the Battle of Thermopylae. We'll also visit the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta, which showcases the unique history of olive production in Greece. Alternatively, we may visit the Archaeological Museum of Sparta.
- Valley of Keada: As we journey through the Taygetus mountain range, we'll make a stop at the "Valley of Keada," which is famous from Greek mythology. According to legend, the ancient Spartans threw their disabled children off a cliff in this valley. Another myth suggests that the ancient Spartans also threw off people condemned to death, perjurers, traitors, criminals, and prisoners of war.
- Finally, we'll start our trip back to Athens and arrive late in the afternoon, dropping you off at your hotel. Don't miss this exceptional tour that will take you through some of Greece's most breathtaking landmarks and historical sites!
- Breathtaking views: The Canal of Corinth is a man-made canal that cuts through the narrow Isthmus of Corinth, offering stunning views of the surrounding landscape
- Exploring the medieval Byzantine town of Mystras and its Upper and Lower Town
- Seeing the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, and beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios
- Visiting the Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa and Our Lady Perivleptos
- Gaining insight into the rich history of the area through a visit to the Archaeological Museum
- Seeing the Statue of Leonidas in Sparta
- Visiting the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta to learn about the history of olive production in Greece
- Passing through the Taygetus mountain range and visiting the famous Valley of Keada,arta
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - Mystras
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- The drivers are professional English-speaking drivers with good knowledge of the sites you will visit. They can provide you with general information, but they are not official guides.
- Local guides are recommended for each place to provide you with more in-depth information. Alternatively, you can book a licensed tour guide to accompany you throughout the tour.
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Meet and greet services are available at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, a representative will be waiting for you with a sign with your name on it
- The tour is customizable to suit your preferences, and can accommodate anywhere from 1 to 36 persons or more.
- Travel insurance is recommended to cover any unexpected events during your trip. Collaboration with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece, is available
- Additional services such as accommodation, private transfers, and luggage storage are available upon request
- Mystras: 12 euro / person for person
- Museum of olive Oil: 4 euro / per person
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 4 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 3 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.