- The private tour in Meteora operating all year but.
- The Truffle Hunting is available March to October. You can go ahead with tour and may exchange the The Truffle Hunting with other activities, wine tasting or a visit in Plastira lake etc.
- The Truffle Hunting start at 10.30 and finished at 13.30
2 Day Private Tour Meteora & Truffle Hunting...
During your 2-day private tour, you will have the chance to experience truffle hunting with an experienced guide who will take you to the forests where truffles can be found. You will learn about the different types of truffles, their characteristics, and how to identify them.
After the truffle hunting, you will have the chance to taste some delicious mushroom dishes, including truffle pasta, cooked on the forest, which is a unique culinary experience. In addition to the truffle hunting and mushroom tasting, your private tour will also include a visit to the natural and history museum of the area, where you will learn about the history and the geology of the Meteora region. You will also visit the impressive monasteries of Meteora, which are perched on top of towering rock formations and offer breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
DAY 1: Athens - Thermopiles - Meteora
Your private tour will start with a pick-up from your hotel in Athens, and we will head towards the Monasteries of Meteora. On the way, we will make a stop at Thermopylae, the site of the famous battle between the Spartans and Persians in 480 BC. Here, you will have the chance to visit the monument of Leonidas and learn about the history of the battle.
After our stop at Thermopylae, we will continue our journey to the Monasteries of Meteora, which are located in the central Greece region of Thessaly. The six monasteries of Meteora are built on top of towering rock formations, and they date back to the 14th century. They are listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and are considered one of the most important cultural and religious sites in Greece.
We will visit two of the monasteries and admire their unique architecture and stunning views of the surrounding landscape. After the monastery visit, we will check in to our hotel and enjoy dinner in the nearby town. Overnight in Meteora
DAY 2: Truffle Hunting - Truffle Pasta Cooking - Mashroom Tasting
Today is all about experiencing truffle hunting, mushroom tasting, and truffle pasta cooking in the forest of Meteora. After breakfast, we will meet our experienced guide who will take us on a truffle hunting excursion in the forest. We will learn about the different types of truffles and how to identify them. You will have the chance to pick some wild truffles and enjoy the fresh aroma of the forest. After the truffle hunting, we will head to a nearby location in the forest where we will cook some delicious truffle pasta on an open fire. The pasta will be made with the truffles that we have picked earlier, which will give it an exquisite flavor.
While our pasta is cooking, we will have a chance to taste some fresh mushrooms, which are also abundant in the area. Our guide will prepare some delicious mushroom dishes, which will be served with local wine. We will make a stop at the natural and history museum of the area, where you will learn more about the flora and fauna of the Meteora region, as well as the history of the monasteries.
Finally, we will return to Athens and drop you off at your hotel, where you can relax and reflect on the unforgettable experience of the past two days.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: Travel insurance can provide you with peace of mind and protection against unexpected events, such as medical emergencies, lost or stolen luggage, and other unforeseen circumstances that can disrupt your travel plans. : Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Truffle hunting
- Mushroom Tasting,
- Truffle pasta cooking on the forest
- Monastery of Varlaam or similar
- Monastery of Grand Meteoro or similar
- Village of Kastraki
- The Monument of King Leonidas
- Thermopylae Museum
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private car with English speaking driver
- Truffle hunting, Truffle cooking, Mushroom tasting
- Lunch afetr the Pasta Cooking
- Sunset arond the rocks of Meteora
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission -Monasteries of Meteora
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip, we suggest you have local guide in Meteora as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- 3 euro / person / Monastery
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 10 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 9 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.