All year, any time that you want.
7 Days Classical Tour Greece: Argolis, Delphi, Meteora...
Are you interested in exploring the best mainland destinations with 7 day classical tour package in Grecee? Choose this private customized tour as it is a unique experience to visit some of the most popular and iconic sites of Greece and also places of stunning natural beauty and rich historical interest....
Start by visiting Argolis and three must-see archaeological destinations, Epidaurus, Ancient Mycenae and Nafplio
Pay a visit at Sparta, at the glory Byzantine town of Mystras, and ancient Olympia, the homeland of the first Olympic Games, which lies in the lush valley formed by Alfios River!
Visit Delphi and the ancient site of the Oracle of Delphi that was regarded as the center of the world! Dare to be enchanted by the amazing view and the picturesque architecture of Arachova and to get excited about Meteora, the ageless monasteries that combine both historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks.
Visit Edessa, a city endowed with so many natural beauties and landscapes, famous for its waterfalls and Naousa, a site of exceptional beauty and importance, due to its landscape and the richness of water resources.
Enjoy your trip to the beautiful town of Veroia at Northwestern Greece, one of Paul’s beloved towns and tour in the Ancient town of Vergina and the tomb of the king of Macedonia and father of Alexander the great, King Philip II!
Visit Dion, the holy city of the Macedonians and Pella, the brilliant Hellenistic capital! Mainland Greece gives amazing chances to travel off the beaten track. Do not hesitate. Explore her!
Book now our 7 day classical tour package in Greece, visit Argolis, Delphi, Meteora, Vergina, Pella, Dion and Thessaloniki.
DAY 1: ATHENS - CORINTH - CAVE OF LAKES KALAVRYTA- JOURNEY WITH COG RAILWAY- NAUPLIO:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel to have our first stop, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul. Then we will arrive at "Diakofto" to take the Cog Railway (Odontotos) which links Kalavrita with Diakopto through Vouraikos Canyon; one of the most beautiful natural sights and of the most spectacular railway rides in Greece. It has been mentioned as the most beautiful train trip in Balkans. The little train travels through streams climbing the fantastic narrow gorge up into the mountains, through tunnels, over waterfalls, along cliffs and through forests of pine and oleander. The journey ends at the town of Kalavryta. Our driver will meet you there to continue the tour at the mysterious, magnificent and unique "Cave of the Lakes", a rare creation of Nature. Consisted of 13 in total Small and large lakes, with different colors each one, depending on the oxides contained in the rocks. We have a stop for lunch at the picturesque village of Kalavrita. Overnight in Nafplio
DAY 2: NAUPLIO - MYCENAE - EPIDAURUS - OLYMPIA:
- After your breakfast, you will have time to visit either Palamidi castle, which you can reach by climbing 999 steps (!), or to take a small boat and visit ''Bourtzi',' the fortress at the entrance of the harbor. Then, we will leave for Epidaurus and we will visit the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, famous for the breathtaking acoustics that is still functioning today! After this, we will head back to Nafplio to have lunch (optional), and then we will leave for the famous ancient town of Mycenae and the Archaeological site - the Lion Gate, the Cyclopean Walls, the Royal Palace and the tomb of Agamemnon. Finally we will reach at Ancient Olympia for Overnight.
DAY 3: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - DELPHI:
- At 09.00 o’clock we will visit the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, where the first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. The temple of Zeus is located there which is the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Dedicated to Zeus, in which in antiquity was hosted one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world. You will also visit the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Leaving Ancient Olympia, we will cross over the amazing bridge of Rion – Antirion, one of the biggest bridges in Europe. For the wine lovers, we suggest a tasting tour in a winery. Then we will head to Naupactus, a beautiful seaside small town, where you can visit the Venetian Castle, the Venetian Port, and after lunch we will reach at Delphi for overnight.
DAY 4: DELPHI - METEORA:
- After your breakfast, our driver will drive you at the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre, with a capacity that exceeds 5,000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi. Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Afterwards, we can visit the traditional winter village of Arachova and have a coffee or lunch break. Depart from Arachova and driving through Central Greece we arrive in Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Overnight Meteora.
DAY 5: METEORA - VEROIA - VERGINA - CITY OF THESSALONIKI:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 09.00 in order to visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora, included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. We are having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro, the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is at the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. We leave Meteora to reach at Vergina (ancient Aigai), to live the experience of a visit to the unique Museum, created in the Great Tumulus covering the royal tombs of Macedonia. Admire the astonishing findings from the tomb of King Phillip II, Alexander's father, and feel the thrill of the greatest discovery of the 20th century. In only a few miles away is Veria (Biblical Beroea), where we will visit the Saint Paul's Bema, and then stroll through the old Jewish neighborhood and the colorful market area. Walk in a city where past is present and around! We leave from Meteora to head to Thessaloniki for Overnight.
DAY 6: THESSALONIKI - PELLA - EDESSA - NAOUSA - THESSALONIKI:
- Depart in the morning for a unique approach to historical Macedonia. Our first stop will be Visit Pella, the birthplace of Alexander the Great. See the exquisite floor mosaics of the 4th century B.C. villas, in site as well as in the new Museum. Our next stop will be at the picturesque Edessa where we will admire the town's famous landmark, the Waterfalls. Then, proceed to Naoussa, to a site of exceptional beauty and importance: Aristotle's School, the picturesque site where the great philosopher taught ‘the doctrines of morals and politics' to Alexander the Great and the Macedonian youth. Then, we will return to Overnight in Thessaloniki.
DAY 7: THESSALONIKI - DION - ATHENS:
- After your breakfast, leave from Thessaloniki to have our first stop at the Archaeological Park of Dion, the sacred city of the Macedonians, at the foot of mountain Olympus. After your visit, driving to the south and through Thessaly, Lamia, Thermopylae, where we will make a stop to admire the statue of Leonidas as a memorial of the battle between the 300 Spartans and the soldiers of the Persian Empire, and Thebes, we will arrive in your hotel in Athens.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Corinth,
- Cave of Lakes in Kalavryta
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- Romantic city of Nauplio
- Ancient Olympia
- City of Naupaktos
- Delphi area and Museum
- Winter village of Arachova
- Meteora Monasteries
- City of Thessaloniki
- Vergina- The tomb of King Philip II, father of Alexander the Great.
- Monument of Leonidas in Thermopiles
- Veroia - Vergina - Edessa - Naousa
- Aristotle's School
- Archaeological Park of Dion
- Archaeological site of Pella
- English speaking Driver
- Transportation with private car or Mini Van
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- 6 Night's accommodation as follows:
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Nauplio
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Olympia
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Delphi
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Meteora
- 2 Nights Accommodation in Thessaloniki
- Daily breakfast
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- All Taxes
- Entrance fee at Archaeological site
- Meals and personal expenes
- Official Tour Guide
- Hotel City tax
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 3 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card
- b/ Require more information
- c/ Pay now only 30% as payment in advance in order your tour to be confirmed
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- You have the choice, as shown below, in order to have a tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- You can book a local tour guide in each site you will visit
- You can book an escort with good knowledge that will provide his services and guide you until you enter archaeological sites and museums
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicle
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
Our driver will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and he will help you with your baggage, and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues
- We provide you 4* star hotels and 3* stars hotels. You can ask for an upgrade in 5* stars hotels
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depending on the availability and the time that you will make the booking. In any case we will book hotels at the same level
- If you want to extend your stay, we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 5 euros per room per day for 5*star hotels - Paid at the hotel.
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 until 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 until 19.30
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- 8 euro / person for Vergina
- 8 euro / person for Pella
- 8 euro / person for Dion
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.