All year, any time that you want.
7 Days Classical Tour Greece: Argolis, Delphi, Meteora...
Are you interested in exploring the best mainland destinations with 7-day tour package? Choose this private customized tour as it is a unique experience to visit some of the most popular and iconic sites of Greece and also places of stunning natural beauty and rich historical interest. Best rates guarantee!!
Start by visiting Argolis and three must-see archaeological destinations, Epidaurus, Ancient Mycenae and Nafplio
Pay a visit at Sparta, at the glory Byzantine town of Mystras, and ancient Olympia, the homeland of the first Olympic Games, which lies in the lush valley formed by Alfios River!
Visit Delphi and the ancient site of the Oracle of Delphi that was regarded as the center of the world! Dare to be enchanted by the amazing view and the picturesque architecture of Arachova and to get excited about Meteora, the ageless monasteries that combine both historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks.
Visit Edessa, a city endowed with so many natural beauties and landscapes, famous for its waterfalls and Naousa, a site of exceptional beauty and importance, due to its landscape and the richness of water resources.
Enjoy your trip to the beautiful town of Veroia at Northwestern Greece, one of Paul’s beloved towns and tour in the Ancient town of Vergina and the tomb of the king of Macedonia and father of Alexander the great, King Philip II!
Visit Dion, the holy city of the Macedonians and Pella, the brilliant Hellenistic capital! Mainland Greece gives amazing chances to travel off the beaten track. Do not hesitate. Explore her!
Book now our 7 day classical tour package in Greece, visit Argolis, Delphi, Meteora, Vergina, Pella, Dion and Thessaloniki.
DAY 1: ATHENS - ARGOLIS - NAFPLIO:
- Starting early in the morning from your Hotel, and driving along Attica western coast we are having a short stop at the breathtaking sightseeing at the Canal of Corinth of the 6 km length and 80m height. We continue driving along the coast of eastern Peloponnese and after a while, we arrive at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, one of the best Ancient Theatres worldwide! Our next stop is at the archaeological site of Mycenae, an ancient town with great power the past years, where you can admire the famous “Gate of Lions” and the “Atreus King Tomb”. We finish the first day of our tour at the most romantic town of Greece, the seaside town of Nafplio, where you can visit its Castle that you can reach climbing 999 steps (!), or take a small boat and visit “Bourtzi”, the fortress at the entrance of the harbor that is also the trademark of the town. Free time to explore this wonderful city during the afternoon and the night, as we stay for Overnight in Nafplio.
DAY 2: NAUPLIO - MYSTRAS -ANCIENT OLYMPIA:
- After our breakfast, we can visit the Castle with the 999 steps from the town to the fortress, or you can take a taxi boat to visit the small island of Bourtzi! Then, we will leave Nafplio to visit the famous town of Sparta with the monument of King Leonidas, and then the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta. We continue to the nearby glory Byzantine town of Mystras. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa, and of Οur Lady Perivleptos. Afterwards, we will continue towards Ancient Olympia. Overnight at Olympia.
DAY 3: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - DELPHI:
- Start early in the morning, visiting the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, the place that the first Olympic Games ever took place in 776 B.C. Ancient Olympia lies in the lush valley formed by the Alfios river. There you will visit the temple of Zeus the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Dedicated to Zeus, in antiquity the temple was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world, the gold and ivory statue of Zeus, which Phedias had created. Visit the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games and finally the Stadium, where the marble starting blocks are still in position! Although secluded near the west coast of the Peloponnese, Olympia became the most important religious and athletic center in Greece. Leaving Ancient Olympia, we suggest that you pay a visit at the wine castle the unique landscape with the stunning view that was founded in 1861 and is the oldest winery in Greece. Then we will cross over the amazing bridge of Rio – Antirio, one of the biggest bridges in Europe, in order to reach at Naupactus. We recommend you having a lunch in this beautiful seaside small town, surrounded by the Venetian Castle, next to the Venetian Port. After our lunch in Naupactus, we will depart for Delphi. Delphi for Overnight
DAY 4: DELPHI - METEORA:
- After your breakfast, we will visit the archaeological site of Delphi. We will visit the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre which can host more than 5000 seated spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ‘’Charioteer’’, one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Continuing we will depart to reach the village of Arachova, the most bustling winter destination in Greece, a mountainous village at 1000 meters altitude. Discover the traditional character of the village by taking a coffee or lunch break. Don’t forget to try the famous, traditional cheese, Arachova’s formaela, in various forms. Departing from Arachova and driving through Central Greece, and the city of Trikala, where we are going to make a quick stop, we will arrive in Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Overnight in Meteora.
DAY 5: METEORA - CITY OF THESSALONIKI:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 09.00 in order to visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora, included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. We are having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro, the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is at the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. We leave from Meteora to head to Thessaloniki for Overnight.
DAY 6: THESSALONIKI - EDESSA - NAOUSA - VEROIA - VERGINA - THESSALONIKI:
- Depart in the morning for a unique approach to historical Macedonia. Our first stop will be at the picturesque Edessa where we will admire the town's famous landmark, the Waterfalls. Then, proceed to Naoussa, to a site of exceptional beauty and importance: Aristotle's School, the picturesque site where the great philosopher taught ‘the doctrines of morals and politics' to Alexander the Great and the Macedonian youth. Then, we will head to Vergina (ancient Aigai), to live the experience of a visit to the unique Museum, created in the Great Tumulus covering the royal tombs of Macedonia. Admire the astonishing findings from the tomb of King Phillip II, Alexander's father, and feel the thrill of the greatest discovery of the 20th century. In only a few miles away is Veria (Biblical Beroea), where we will visit the Saint Paul's Bema, and then stroll through the old Jewish neighborhood and the colorful market area. Walk in a city where past is present and around! Then, we will return to Overnight in Thessaloniki.
DAY 7: THESSALONIKI - PELLA - DION - ATHENS:
- Visit Pella, the birthplace of Alexander the Great. See the exquisite floor mosaics of the 4th century B.C. villas, in site as well as in the new Museum. Then, visit the Archaeological Park of Dion, the sacred city of the Macedonians, at the foot of mountain Olympus. After your visit, driving to the south and through Thessaly, Lamia, Thermopylae, where we will make a stop to admire the statue of Leonidas as a memorial of the battle between the 300 Spartans and the soldiers of the Persian Empire, and Thebes, we will arrive in your hotel in Athens.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance cover: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- Romantic city of Nauplio
- Ancient Olympia
- City of Naupaktos
- Delphi area and Museum
- Winter village of Arachova
- Meteora Monasteries
- City of Thessaloniki
- Vergina- The tomb of King Philip II, father of Alexander the Great.
- Monument of Leonidas in Thermopiles
- Veroia - Vergina - Edessa - Naousa
- Aristotle's School
- Archaeological Park of Dion
- Archaeological site of Pella
- English speaking Driver
- Transportation with private car or Mini Van
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- 6 Night's accommodation as follows:
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Nauplio
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Olympia
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Delphi
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Meteora
- 2 Nights Accommodation in Thessaloniki
- Daily breakfast
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Goody bag with gifts upon our meeting
- All Taxes
- Entrance fee at Archaeological site
- Meals and personal expenes
- Official Tour Guide
- Hotel City tax
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 3 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card
- b/ Require more information
- c/ Pay now only 30% as payment in advance in order your tour to be confirmed
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- You have the choice, as shown below, in order to have a tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- You can book a local tour guide in each site you will visit
- You can book an escort with good knowledge that will provide his services and guide you until you enter archaeological sites and museums
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicle
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
Our driver will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and he will help you with your baggage, and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues
- We provide you 4* star hotels and 3* stars hotels. You can ask for an upgrade in 5* stars hotels
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depending on the availability and the time that you will make the booking. In any case we will book hotels at the same level
- If you want to extend your stay, we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 5 euros per room per day for 5*star hotels - Paid at the hotel.
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 until 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 until 19.30
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- 8 euro / person for Vergina
- 8 euro / person for Pella
- 8 euro / person for Dion
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.