- All Year.
7 Day Day Classical Tour in Ancient Greece....
Choose this 7 day private tour to classical & Ancient Greece, as it is a unique experience to visit the most popular and iconic sites of Greece and also places of stunning natural beauty and rich historical interest. Start by visiting Argolis and three must-see archaeological destinations, the ancient theatre of Epidaurus, the "golden city" of Mycenae and Nafplio....
Enjoy the tour in Ancient Corinth, Delphi the center of the world, get excited about Meteora, the ageless monasteries that combine both historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks. Enjoy your trip to the beautiful town of Veroia at Northwestern Greece, one of Paul’s beloved towns and tour in the Ancient town of Vergina and the tomb of the king of Macedonia and father of Alexander the great, King Philip II! Visit Dion, the holy city of the Macedonians and Pella, visit Mieza and Aristotle's school and enjoy the private city tour in Thessaloniki.
DAY 1: ATHENS - ANCIENT CORINTH -MYCENAE - EPIDAURUS - NAUPLIO:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel to have our first stop, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul. Soon we reach at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, one of the best Ancient Theatres worldwide with amazing acoustic. Then, we will continue to the archaeological site of Mycenae, an ancient town with great power during the ancient years, with the famous ‘’Gate of Lions’’ and the ‘’Atreus King Tomb’’. The most relaxing part of the tour, is upon our arrival at the one of the most beautiful towns of Greece and the first capital city at the Modern Greek history, the seaside town of Nafplio, early in the afternoon! You can have a traditional Greek lunch here and then walk next to the coast, or you can visit the Castle of the Town, with the 999 steps (!) and the amazing view, or take a taxi boat to visit the small island of Bourtzi, in the middle of the city’s harbor, the fort on the sea and Nafplio’ s trademark! Overnight in Nafplio
DAY 2: NAUPLIO - MYSTRAS- ANCIENT SPARTA- OLYMPIA:
- During our second day, we leave Nafplio to reach in Sparta. We will have our first visit the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta, a great Museum showing the unique history of olive production in Greece. We continue to the nearby glory Byzantine town of Mystras. Let yourself be captivated by this destination’s medieval splendour. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa, and of Οur Lady Perivleptos. Afterwards, we will visit the second famous Tower Town of Peloponnesse, Monemvassia, a mystical stone-built settlement, nestled at the edge of a big rock by the sea that was founded by the Byzantines in the sixth century. Peer into the history of the fortress –the so-called “Gibraltar of the East”. Wander around its narrow cobbled streets, the Upper and the Lower part of the town, and admire the beautifully restored stone buildings. We suggest you to taste culinary delights at a fine restaurant on the roof of a tower house. Finally we will reach at Ancient Olympia for Overnight
DAY 3: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - DELPHI:
- At 09.00 o’clock we will visit the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, where the first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. The temple of Zeus is located there which is the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Dedicated to Zeus, in which in antiquity was hosted one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world. You will also visit the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Leaving Ancient Olympia, we will cross over the amazing bridge of Rion – Antirion, one of the biggest bridges in Europe. For the wine lovers, we suggest a tasting tour in a winery. Then we will head to Naupactus, a beautiful seaside small town, where you can visit the Venetian Castle, the Venetian Port, here you will have a delicious lunch. Finally we will reach in Delphi for overnight.
DAY 4: DELPHI - METEORA:
- After your breakfast, our driver will drive you at the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre, with a capacity that exceeds 5,000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi. Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Afterwards, we can visit the traditional winter village of Arachova and have a coffee or lunch break. Depart from Arachova and driving through Central Greece we arrive in Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Overnight Meteora.
DAY 5: METEORA - VEROIA - VERGINA - CITY OF THESSALONIKI:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 09.00 in order to visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora, included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. We are having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro, the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is at the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. We leave Meteora to reach at Vergina (ancient Aigai), to live the experience of a visit to the unique Museum, created in the Great Tumulus covering the royal tombs of Macedonia. Admire the astonishing findings from the tomb of King Phillip II, Alexander's father, and feel the thrill of the greatest discovery of the 20th century. In only a few miles away is Veria (Biblical Beroea), where we will visit the Saint Paul's Bema, and then stroll through the old Jewish neighborhood and the colorful market area. Walk in a city where past is present and around! We leave from Meteora to head to Thessaloniki for Overnight.
DAY 6: THESSALONIKI - PELLA - EDESSA - NAOUSA - THESSALONIKI:
- Depart in the morning for a unique approach to historical Macedonia. Our first stop will be Visit Pella, the birthplace of Alexander the Great. See the exquisite floor mosaics of the 4th century B.C. villas, in site as well as in the new Museum. Our next stop will be at the picturesque Edessa where we will admire the town's famous landmark, the Waterfalls. Then, proceed to Naoussa, to a site of exceptional beauty and importance: Aristotle's School, the picturesque site where the great philosopher taught ‘the doctrines of morals and politics' to Alexander the Great and the Macedonian youth. Then, we will return to Overnight in Thessaloniki.
DAY 7: THESSALONIKI - DION - ATHENS:
- After your breakfast, leave from Thessaloniki to have our first stop at the Archaeological Park of Dion, the sacred city of the Macedonians, at the foot of mountain Olympus. After your visit, driving to the south and through Thessaly, Lamia, Thermopylae, where we will make a stop to admire the statue of Leonidas as a memorial of the battle between the 300 Spartans and the soldiers of the Persian Empire, and Thebes, we will arrive in your hotel in Athens.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Corinth,
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- Romantic city of Nafplio
- Ancient Olympia
- City of Naupaktos
- Delphi area and Museum
- Winter village of Arachova
- Meteora Monasteries
- City of Thessaloniki
- Vergina- The tomb of King Philip II, father of Alexander the Great.
- Monument of Leonidas in Thermopiles
- Veroia - Vergina - Edessa - Naoussa
- Aristotle's School
- Archaeological Park of Dion
- Archaeological site of Pella
- English speaking Driver
- Transportation with private car or Mini Van
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- 6 Night's accommodation with breakfast
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- All Taxes
- Entrance fee at Archaeological site
- Meals and personal expenses
- Official Tour Guide
- Hotel City tax
All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.