All year, any time that you want.
5 Days Classical Tour Greece: Argolis, Delphi, Meteora...
The Best-seller tour of 5-day in classical Greece with a visit in Zakynthos it is a unique opportunity to visit the most popular sites in Greece and the wonderful island in Zakynthos which is also called the Turtle Island and if you are lucky you will be able to see and swim with a huge but friendly Turtle!!
Visit the most archaeological sites of great importance, such as Epidaurus, Mycenae, Nafplio, Delphi and Meteora and the beautiful island of Zakynthos. Visit the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, one of the best Ancient Theatres worldwide. Pay a visit at the famous ancient town of Mycenae, where the Mycenaean civilization thrived between 1650 and 1200 BC, and visit the excavation findings of the Mycenae Palace and the Mycenaean Tombs. Tour in the most romantic town of Greece, the seaside town of Nafplio, the first capital city of Greece! Tour in the birthplace of the first Olympic Games ever, ancient Olympia and join the Olympic Games spirit.
Travel in Zakynthos (Zante), with the mesmerizing crystal-clear water and relax in the sandy beaches. Take a boat cruise to visit the stunning Blue Caves and the Navagio Shipwreck, take unique photos of turtles at a close distance as you sail through the coast of Zakynthos on a glass-bottomed boat and admire the sunset from the “Keri” area. Visit Delphi that was regarded as the center of the world, because of its location, as you are going to find out and the Ancient Oracle, where is said that Pythia delivered oracles.
Visit Meteora enjoying a unique and most impressive scenery of ageless monasteries, containing priceless historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop of huge rocks. Book now this multi day tour and travel in ancient Greece!
DAY 1: ATHENS - ARGOLIS (MYCENAE - ANCIENT EPIDAURUS-NAFPLIO -OLYMPIA):
- Our driver will pick you up from your Hotel at 08.30 and driving along the Attica coastline, we will visit the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, after a quick stop at the famous Canal of Corinth, with the breathtaking view of 80m height and 6km length! Our next stop will be at one of the most beautiful towns of Greece, Nafplio, with its trademark, the Venetian fortress of Palamidi and the fortified islet of Bourtzi afloat in the middle of the bay. After our stop for lunch or coffee, we will visit the famous ancient town of Mycenae and the Archaeological site - the Lion Gate, the Cyclopean Walls, the Palace and the tomb of Agamemnon. We leave Mycenae to arrive at Ancient Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games. Dinner & Overnight in Olympia.
DAY 2: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - ZAKYNTHOS ISLAND:
- Our driver will pick you up from the hotel at 09.00 to visit the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, where the place that the first ever Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. that lies in the lush valley formed by the Alfios River. There is the temple of Zeus the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece that houses one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world, the gold and ivory statue, dedicated. Then visit the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Finally you will tour in the stadium, where the marble starting blocks are still in position. Although secluded near the west coast of the Peloponnese, Olympia became the most important religious and athletic center in Greece. After sightseeing in Olympia, we will head to Kyllini Port to take the ferry departing at about 15.15 to reach Zakynthos port about 16.15 (after 1 hour). Check in at your hotel and then have the rest of the day at your leisure. You can explore the center of Zakynthos and have a dinner at a traditional tavern. Overnight in Zakynthos.
DAY 3: ZAKYNTHOS ISLAND - DAY CRUISE AROUND THE ISLAND:
- Our local driver will transfer you to Zakynthos Marina to take the local boat cruise as is one of the best ways to explore the island. The boat cruise departs at 09:00 and returns at about 17:00. We will visit the Blue Caves and the Shipwreck. You will spend 1 and 1/2 hours here in order to enjoy your swim. Then you will have a photo stop at Porto Vromi where our boat pulls up next to the Agalas Caves and the Keri Caves. A big photo stop includes the Turtle Island. The whole gulf of Laganas and Kalamaki are full of turtles swimming in the seawater. The Turtles are huge but so friendly that if you are lucky you can swim with them. Our other major swim stop is in the area of St Nickolas, Vasilikos where the boat anchors for about an hour. At the end of the cruise tour, our driver will pick you up and transfer you at "KERI" area to admire the panoramic sunset tour and to have a delicious dinner. Then, he will transfer you back to your hotel. Overnight in Zakynthos.
DAY 4: ZAKYNTHOS ISLAND - DELPHI - METEORA:
- After you breakfast, we will take the ferry from Zakynthos port departing at 08.00 to reach at Kyllini after 1 hour, at about 09.00 in order to continue the tour to Delphi. We will cross over the amazing bridge of Rion – Antirion, one of the biggest in Europe, in order to reach at Naupactus, a beautiful seaside small town, where we can make a short stop to have a coffee admiring the Venetian Castle and the Venetian Port. After that we will reach at Delphi area. We will visit the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre, where could seat more than 5000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ‘’Charioteer’’, one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Afterwards, we can visit Arachova, for coffee or lunch, a traditional and at the same time modern small city in an altitude of 1000 meters and the most famous winter resort in Greece! Departing from Arachova and driving through Central Greece and the city of Trikala, where we can have a quick stop, we will arrive in Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Overnight Meteora
DAY 5: METEORA - ATHENS:
- Visit Meteora, enjoying a unique and most impressive scenery of ageless monasteries, containing priceless historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks. We will visit the great monastery of Varlaam, founded on the 16th century and located on the top of a rock at 380m height! Our second visit will be at the Monastery of St. Stephan, of the 15th century, also built on the top of another huge rock, where you will admire a small treasure of Byzantine and Christian items, at the museum inside the monastery! Returning to Athens, we will pass by the small towns of Domokos, Kamena Vourla at the seaside and Thermopiles, where the statue of Leonidas is located as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. We will return in Athens, late in the afternoon.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- Ancient Olympia
- Zakynthos Islands
- Beach of Shipwreck,
- The blue caves in Zakynthos
- Meteora Monasteries
- English speaking Driver
- Transportation with private car or Mini Van
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- 4 Nigths accommodation as follows:
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Olympia
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Meteora
- 2 Nights Accommodation in Zakynthos
- Ferry tickets from/to Kylini port/Zakynthos port
- Day cruise in Zakynthos
- Daily breakfast
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- All Taxes
- Entrance fee at Archaeological site
- Meals and personal expenes
- Official Tour Guide
- Hotel City tax
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 3 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card
- b/ Require more information
- c/ Pay now only 30% as payment in advance in order your tour to be confirmed
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
You have the choice, as shown below, in order to have a tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide to accompany you throughout your tour
- You can book a local tour guide in each site you will visit
- You can book an escort with good knowledge that will provide his services and guide you until you enter archaeological sites and museums
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicle
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
Our driver will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and he will help you with your baggage, and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues
- We provide you 4* star hotels and 3* stars hotels. You can ask for an upgrade in 5* stars hotels
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depending on the availability and the time that you will make the booking. In any case we will book hotels at the same level
- If you want to extend your stay, we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 5 euros per room per day for 5*star hotels - Paid at the hotel.
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / persons for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.