All year, any time that you wish.
5 Day Classical tour in Peloponnese: Argolis...
Book our tour package to Peloponnese and enjoy the amazing scenery of the Peloponnese peninsula. Visit cities, which are saturated by war, peace and culture, and the countryside of one of the most beautiful destinations of mainland Greece, the Peloponnese.
Visit the ancient theatre of Epidaurus, and next to it the Asclepius, one of the best Ancient Theatres worldwide that is still in use!
Pay a visit at the famous ancient town of Mycenae, where the Mycenaean civilization thrived between 1650 and 1200 BC, and tour at the famous "Tomb of Agamemnon” (also known as the “Treasury of Atreus").
Visit at the romantic seaside town of Nafplio and stroll in the beautiful narrow streets!
Visit the historical Village of Dimitsana, where gunpowder mills were operating to supply the revolutionary struggle against the Ottoman Empire with ammunition. There, you can visit the open water-power museum and have an excellence walking tour in the narrow streets of the village.
Visit the Lucius Gorge and the Monasteries of Prodromos and the Philosopher, crossing a terrific route on foot!
Join the Olympic Games spirit which unites all countries worldwide, by visiting Ancient Olympia, where the first Games were held in 776 B.C. Visit Naupactus, a beautiful seaside small town, enjoy your lunch at the Venetian Port or visit the Venetian castle from where you can admire the stunning view!
Visit Delphi, the home to the world-famous oracle of Delphi that according to the myth, which the scientists have also confirmed, is the navel of the Earth, meaning it is the central point (!) of planet Earth.
Day 1: Athens - Argolis - Nafplio:
- After your breakfast, depart from your Hotel at about 08.30 a.m. Driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, we will have our first stop, 1 hour later, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). Soon we reach at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, one of the best Ancient Theatres worldwide with amazing acoustic. Our next visit will be at the archaeological site of Mycenae, an ancient town with great power during the ancient years, with the famous ‘’Gate of Lions’’ and ‘’Atreus King Tomb’’. Then, we will stop for lunch or a coffee break, at one of the most romantic and beautiful towns of Greece, the seaside town of Nafplio. There, you can have a traditional lunch and then a walk next to the coast. You can explore the beautiful old city of Nafplio as it has a wealth of narrow alleyways and streets, steep stairs, taverns serving delicious Greek food, lively cafés, a lovely seafront promenade, and enough sights or to relax in the central square and look at the playful children, couples, friends and families enjoying food, wine or frappe (Greek coffee). We will stay in Nafplio for Overnight.
Day 2: Nafplio - Village of Dimitsana:
- Today you can visit the Castle of the Town, with the 999 steps (!) and the amazing view, or take a taxi boat to visit the small island of Bourtzi, in the middle of the city’s harbor, the fort on the sea and Nauplius’s trademark! At noon we leave from Nafplio to reach at the beautiful historical Village of Dimitsana, located on two facing hills “Agia Paraskevi & “Castro” above the River Lousios. After your check in you can have an excellence walking tour in the narrow historical streets of Dimitsana, admiring the beautiful architecture and historical sightseeing. Visit the library and the folk museum which is housed in the municipal school building and opposite the church of “Agia Kyriaki”. There you can see the statue of Patriarch of Constantinople Grigorios V. Do not forget to visit the open air water-power! Overnight in Dimitsana.
Day 3: Dimitsana - Lousios Gorge & Monasteries of Prodromos & Philosophou – Ancient Olympia:
- After your breakfast we leave from the hotel and after 20 minutes' drive, we will reach at the start of the path that leads to the Monastery of Agios Ioannis Prodromos, built in 19th century. About 20 -30 minutes later on foot, you will reach the Monastery, and admire the wonderful view to Lousios River under your feet! The monks will help you and show you how to continue walking in the Lousios Gorge and visit the next monastery of Philsofos, one of the oldest monasteries in Greece, built in 963 the old monastery and in 1691 the new one. Afterwards you will walk again to the point that you will meet our driver. We will reach during the afternoon at Olympia. Overnight in Olympia
Day 4: Ancient Olympia - Honey, Olive Oil and Food Tasting - Delphi:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 09.00 to visit the archeological site of Ancient Olympia, which lies in the lush valley formed by Alfios River, where the first ever Olympic Games took place back in 776 B.C. You will also visit the Temple of Zeus, the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Phedias had created the gold and ivory statue, dedicated to Zeus, considered to be one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world. Visit the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra, where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Finally you will visit the stadium, where the marble starting blocks are still in position. Olympia became the most important religious and athletic center in Greece. Its fame rests upon the Olympic Games, the greatest national festival and a highly prestigious one world-wide that was held every four years to honor Zeus. We will visit the flea market to taste delightful experience of free wine and olive oil tasting, savoring the distinct blends of olive oil and the iconic Greek olives. We will visit a local honey farm, where under the shade of the trees we will have a coffee / juice and enjoy hand-made local desserts all made with honey produced in this farm for generations. Leaving Ancient Olympia, we will cross over the amazing bridge of Rion – Antirion, one of the biggest in Europe, in order to reach at Nafpaktos, a beautiful seaside small town, where you can visit the Venetian Castle or the Venetian Port, and have lunch. Afterwards, we will reach at Delphi for Overnight.
Day 5: Delphi - Athens:
- Our first stop that it is worth-visiting will be at the wonderful Byzantine Monastery of St. Loukas or at the Monastery of St. John Theologos. Continuing, we will visit the arcaiological site of Delphi, Castalia Spring, the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea, the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle and of course Delphi museum, with its spectacular exhibits including the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifnians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos the metopes of the Athenian treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer, originally created to commemorate a victory during the 476 B.C. Pythian Games, and many other artifacts. Afterwards, you can choose (as it is your private tour!) the next place that you can visit, for coffee or lunch break, either the village of Arachova (at 1000 meters altitude), the best winter resort of Greece, or the small town of Itea, a beautiful and traditional place next to the sea! Return to Athens late in the afternoon
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- The Canal of Korinthos,
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Gate of Lions and & Atreus King Tomb in Mycenae
- The city of Nafplio
- The Castle of the Town, in Nafplio
- The small island of Bourtzi in Nafplio
- The traditional Village of Dimitsana
- Lousios Gorge
- Monasteries of Prodromos & Philosophou
- Ancient Olympia
- Delphi, Delphi Museum
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- 4 Nights accommodation with Breakfast
- Honey farm and Food tasting in Olympia
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Baby seat or booster without extra charge (upon request)
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission in archeological sites
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel city tax
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 2 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card or
- b/ Require more information
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers speak English very well and have high experience and have very good knowledge for the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each site, but they are not official guides.
You have the below choices in order to have tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide to accompany you
- You can book tour leader to accompany you
- You can book local tour guide in each area
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or Opel Vivaro 9 seats
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
We will pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address, If you reach at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- We provide you 4 star hotels or 3 stars hotel or you can ask for 5* hotels.
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depend the availability and the time that you will make the booking in any case we will book hotels at the same level.
- We can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3-star hotels,
- 3 euros per room per day for 4-star hotels.
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.