All year, any time that you want.
6 Day Alternative tour Greece, Gorges, Castles....
If you are hiking lover and loves to meet prittiest villages like little secrets hidden in the Mountain go ahead to 6 day Alternative tour package Greece to visit the most beautiful mountains of Greece, to visit unique Venetian & Byzantine forests castles and to taste culinary delights at the prettiest villages, combining private tour in Ancient Greece
Visit Zagoria, a complex of 46 mountainous picturesque villages on the northeastern part of Greece famous for its natural beauty. Walk the famous Vradeto steps, get a good look of the Voidomatis River and hike to the Beloi viewpoint for panoramic photos of the Vikos Gorge one of the deepest gorge in the world!
We will have the opportunity to combine tours at the archaeological sites such as Delphi in the center of the world, the ageless monasteries that stand between Earth and Sky, the "Golden Age" of Mycenae and the Theatre of Epidaurus. We will visit the romantic city of Nafpaktos and the Venetian Castle & Nafplio with a visit to Plamidi Castle We have a special tour of the Byzantine fortress in Ioannina and the island of "Ali Pasha" you will have a break just next to the Lake Pamvotida.
Then we will pass through the heart of the Taÿgetos Mountains, reaching the ancient Mystras a village of Peloponnese. The tower of Mystras was a very strong castle-town during the Byzantine times. Then we will explore the Tower-town of Monemvasia, a mystical stone-built settlement called the "Gibraltar of the East". Explore the Castles and walk along the cobblestone roads. Visit beautiful churches. The church of Hagia Sophia is located at the highest point of Monemvasia. Get the unforgettable panoramic photos of the endless blue. A fascinating place of our tour will be the archaeological site of Ancient Corinth, the beloved city of St. Paul, a famous personality of the Christian community.
DΑΥ 1 – ATHENS –VENETIAN CASTLE OF NAFPAKTUS - IOANNINA- ZAGORI REGION
- Leaving Athens having a short stop at the Canal of Corinth, to have memorable photos, the driving along the coast line of Peloponnese, we will cross over the amazing bridge of Rion – Antirion, one of the biggest in Europe, in order to have a short stop at the city of “Naupactus” a beautiful seaside small town, where you can visit the Venetian Castle, the Venetian Port, here you will have a delicious lunch before leave to Ioannina. We will have a panoramic city tour around the lake of Ioannina, and you will a short stop for coffee, before leave for Zagori area. We suggest you after the check at your hotel to have a wonderful sunset tour at Vikos Gorge as a unique experience! (available on summer period) “Zagorochoria” is full culture and history play an important part of what Epirus has to offer. There is so much nature to explore from the rivers and lakes to the forests and valleys. Also is the ideal destination if you are looking for a romantic getaway. The area of Zagorochoria is filled with natural beauty and features numerous of traditional villages, especially arched bridges Check in and then have free time to explore the village. You can stroll around and explore the incredibly dense network of cobblestone trails and enjoy the taverns with delicious food. Overnight in Dilofo Village
DΑΥ 2 – VIKOS GORGE – TOUR TO COMPLEX OF ZAGOROCHORIA VILLAGES - BYZANTINE CASTLE OF IOANNINA
- After your breakfast start our journey to visit traditional villages such as “Kippoi”, “Vitsa” etc. Be sure to take your camera because you’ll want to take plenty of pictures! Next stop will be the village of Monodentri in order to visit Vikos Gorge as seems to be where the natural beauty of the region is centralized. Vikos Gorge is found in the Zagori region and is listed by the Guinness Book of Records as the deepest canyon in the world in proportion to its width. The Vikos Gorge, with its northwest-southeast direction, has been carved over millions of years by the Voidomatis River and is a site of major scientific interest. Vikos Gorge is a mesmerizing place and one that you won’t want to miss if you’re visiting this beautiful region of Greece. However, in order to best experience the gorge, you will certainly want to bring your hiking shoes! Most people spend around 3-5-hours walking through the gorge (optional with guide) and exploring the beauty within. We will depart from Zagori towards Ioannina, the capital of Epirus.
- Ioannina was always multicultural, dominated mainly by Christian, Islamic and Jewish influences. This coexistence of cultural influences is clearly evident in the historic city Centre. We will visit the beautiful fortified old town, and the castle. This is the oldest Byzantine fortress in Greece! The Stoa Louli arcade is one of the locations where the three communities worked together and prospered. Wonderful buildings like the house Matei Hussein, the Ottoman Mosque of Ali Pasha. Lake Pamvotida and its Small Island of “Ali Pasha" accessible only by boat. That is the only inhabited island on a lake in Europe! Perama, one of the most beautiful caves in Europe, are some of Ioannina's unique attractions. You must not forget to sample the traditional spices and herbs harvested from the mountains of Epirus, frog's legs, a special delicacy or the famous desserts of 'sker bourek' or 'sugar pie', and the exceptionally delicious baklava or other syrup pastries. Overnight Meteora
DΑΥ 3 – METEORA – DELPHI
Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 09.00 in order to visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora, included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. We are having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro, the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is at the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. We leave Meteora to reach Delphi for Overnight
DΑΥ 4 – DELPHI – EPIDUARUS – PALAMIDI CASTLE OF NAFPLIO
- We will visit Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre, with a capacity that exceeds 5,000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi. Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Afterwards, we can visit the traditional winter village of Arachova and have a coffee or lunch break. We leave from Arachova to reach Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, one of the most well-preserved theatres throughout Greece built at 4th century BC. The theatre could seat 15,000 famous for the breathtaking acoustics that is still functioning today. Theatre is host to the annual Greek Festival during the summer. Overnight Nafplio
DΑΥ 5– NAFPLIO – MYCEANE – MOUNT OF TAYGETOS - TOWER-TOWN OF MYSTRAS & MOVEMVASIA:
- Today you will explore the romantic city of Nafplio with the narrow streets, the castle of Palamidi which you can reach by climbing 999 steps (!), or to take a small boat and visit ''Bourtzi',' the fortress at the entrance of the harbor. Then you will pay a visit at ancient town of Mycenae and the Archaeological site - the Lion Gate, the Cyclopean Walls, the Royal Palace and the tomb of Agamemnon. We will visit the Taygetus is a mountain range on the Peloponnese peninsula in Southern Greece and is the highest mountain of the Peloponnese. The name is one of the oldest recorded in Europe, appearing in the Odyssey. In classical mythology, it was associated with the nymph Taygete. Also is the famous for the“Valley of Keada”, famous from mythology period. The ancient Spartans threw off the cliff their disabled children. But there is also another myth saying that the ancient Spartans threw off the cliff people condemned to death, the perjurers, traitors, criminals and prisoners of war. Then we will pass through the heart of the Taÿgetos Mountains, reaching the ancient glory Mystras a village of Peloponnese. The tower of Mystras was a very strong castle-town during the Byzantine times. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa, and of Οur Lady Perivleptos. We will reach at Monemvasia for Overnight
DAY 6– TOWER TOWN OF MONEMVASIA – ANCIENT CORINTH – ATHENS:
Explore the Tower Town of Monemvasiá, a mystical stone-built settlement, nestled at the edge of a big rock by the sea, that was founded by the Byzantines in the sixth century. Peer into the history of the fortress –the so-called “Gibraltar of the East”–, which was occupied by the Byzantines, the Crusaders, the Venetians, and the Turks in the past. Explore the Castle and walk along the cobbled street. Visit lovely churches. The Church of Agia Sofia located at the highest point of Monemvasia. Visit the Archaeological Collection. In a small building facing the Plaza of Monemvasia, building is a former Muslim Mosque that was built during the 16th century. Before leave Monemvasia, taste culinary delights and get memorable panoramic photos of the endless blue! One of the most fascinating parts of our visit will the archaeological site of the Ancient Corint. Corinth was once one of the largest and most prominent of all the ancient Greek city-states. Also we will visit the Archaeological Museum of Corinth, which holds many of the artifacts that were found hre during the excavations. Ancient Corinth was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul a famous personality of the christian comunity. Drop you off at your hotel in Athens. Our Services ends.
- Tower Town of Mystras
- Tower town of Monemvasia
- Castle & lovely churches in Monemvasia
- Nafpaktus & Venetian Castle
- Nafplio & Castel of Palamidi
- The Byzantine fortress in Ioannina
- City of Ioannina & panoramic city tour
- The Island of "Ali Pasha"
- Lake of Pamvotida at Ioannina
- Hiking at Mount of Olympus
- Traditional stone villages of Zagorochoria region
- Vikos Gorge (the second deepest gorge in the world)
- Delphi & Delphi Museum
- Traditional Village of Arachova
- Monatseries of Meteora
- Ancient Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- English speaking Driver
- Transportation with private car or Mini Van
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- 5 Night's accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- Licensed Tour guide according to your selection
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- All Taxes
- Entrance fee at Archaeological site
- Meals and personal expenes
- Hotel City tax
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 3 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card
- b/ Require more information
- c/ Pay now only 30% as payment in advance in order your tour to be confirmed
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
You have the choice, as shown below, in order to have a tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- You can book a local tour guide in each site you will visit
- You can book an escort with good knowledge that will provide his services and guide you until you enter archaeological sites and museums
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicle
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
Our driver will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and he will help you with your baggage, and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues
- We provide you 4* star hotels and 3* stars hotels. You can ask for an upgrade in 5* stars hotels
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depending on the availability and the time that you will make the booking. In any case we will book hotels at the same level
- If you want to extend your stay, we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 5 euros per room per day for 5*star hotels - Paid at the hotel.
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 until 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 until 19.30
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / persons for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 4 euro / person for Diros Caves
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.