- All Year.
6 Day Alternative tour Greece, Gorges, Castles....
If you are hiking lover and loves to meet prettiest villages like little secrets hidden in the Mountain go ahead to 6 day alternative tour package Greece to visit the most beautiful mountains of Greece, to visit unique Venetian & Byzantine forests castles and to taste culinary delights at the prettiest villages, combining tour in Ancient Greece
Visit Zagoria, a complex of 46 mountainous picturesque villages, get a good look of the Voidomatis River, hike to the Beloi viewpoint for panoramic photos of the Vikos Gorge one of the deepest gorges in the world! We will have the opportunity to combine tours at the archaeological sites such as Delphi, the ageless monasteries, Mycenae, the Theatre of Epidaurus & Ancient Corinth. We will visit the romantic city of Nafplio with a visit to Plamidi Castle. We have a special tour of the Byzantine fortress in Ioannina and the island of "Ali Pasha" you will have a break just next to the Lake Pamvotida.
Continue our tour packages, reaching the ancient Mystras and the Tower-town of Monemvasia, a mystical stone-built settlement called the "Gibraltar of the East". Explore the Castles and walk along the cobblestone roads. Visit beautiful churches, get the unforgettable panoramic photos of the endless blue.
DΑΥ 1 – ATHENS –VENETIAN CASTLE OF NAFPAKTUS - IOANNINA- ZAGORI REGION
- Leaving Athens having a short stop at the Canal of Corinth, to have memorable photos, the driving along the coast line of Peloponnese, we will cross over the amazing bridge of Rion – Antirion, one of the biggest in Europe, in order to have a short stop at the city of “Naupactus” a beautiful seaside small town, where you can visit the Venetian Castle, the Venetian Port, here you will have a delicious lunch before leave to Ioannina. We will have a panoramic city tour around the lake of Ioannina, and you will a short stop for coffee, before leave for Zagori area. We suggest you after the check at your hotel to have a wonderful sunset tour at Vikos Gorge as a unique experience! (available on summer period) “Zagorochoria” is full culture and history play an important part of what Epirus has to offer. There is so much nature to explore from the rivers and lakes to the forests and valleys. Also is the ideal destination if you are looking for a romantic getaway. The area of Zagorochoria is filled with natural beauty and features numerous of traditional villages, especially arched bridges Check in and then have free time to explore the village. You can stroll around and explore the incredibly dense network of cobblestone trails and enjoy the taverns with delicious food. Overnight in Dilofo Village
DΑΥ 2 – VIKOS GORGE – TOUR TO COMPLEX OF ZAGOROCHORIA VILLAGES - BYZANTINE CASTLE OF IOANNINA
- After your breakfast start our journey to visit traditional villages such as “Kippoi”, “Vitsa” etc. Be sure to take your camera because you’ll want to take plenty of pictures! Next stop will be the village of Monodentri in order to visit Vikos Gorge as seems to be where the natural beauty of the region is centralized. Vikos Gorge is found in the Zagori region and is listed by the Guinness Book of Records as the deepest canyon in the world in proportion to its width. Most people spend around 3-5-hours walking through the gorge and exploring the beauty within. We will depart from Zagori towards Ioannina, the capital of Epirus. Then, we will reach at Ioannina was always multicultural, dominated mainly by Christian, Islamic and Jewish influences. This coexistence of cultural influences is clearly evident in the historic city Centre. We will visit the beautiful fortified old town, and the castle. This is the oldest Byzantine fortress in Greece! Wonderful buildings like the house Matei Hussein, the Ottoman Mosque of Ali Pasha. Lake Pamvotida and its Small Island of “Ali Pasha" accessible only by boat. That is the only inhabited island on a lake in Europe! Perama, one of the most beautiful caves in Europe, are some of Ioannina's unique attractions. You must not forget to sample the traditional spices and herbs harvested from the mountains of Epirus, frog's legs, a special delicacy or the famous desserts of 'sker bourek' or 'sugar pie'. Overnight Meteora
DΑΥ 3 – METEORA – DELPHI
Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 09.00 in order to visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora, included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. We are having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro, the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is at the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. We leave Meteora to reach Delphi for Overnight
DΑΥ 4 – DELPHI – EPIDUARUS – PALAMIDI CASTLE OF NAFPLIO
- We will visit Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre, with a capacity that exceeds 5,000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi. Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Afterwards, we can visit the traditional winter village of Arachova and have a coffee or lunch break. We leave from Arachova to reach Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, one of the most well-preserved theatres throughout Greece built at 4th century BC. The theatre could seat 15,000 famous for the breathtaking acoustics that is still functioning today. Theatre is host to the annual Greek Festival during the summer. Overnight Nafplio
DΑΥ 5– NAFPLIO – MYCEANE – MOUNT OF TAYGETOS - TOWER-TOWN OF MYSTRAS & MOVEMVASIA:
- Today you will explore the romantic city of Nafplio with the narrow streets, the castle of Palamidi which you can reach by climbing 999 steps (!), or to take a small boat and visit ''Bourtzi',' the fortress at the entrance of the harbor. Then you will pay a visit at ancient town of Mycenae and the Archaeological site - the Lion Gate, the Cyclopean Walls. We will visit the Taygetus is a mountain range on the Peloponnese peninsula in Southern Greece and is the highest mountain of the Peloponnese. Also is the famous for the“Valley of Keada”, famous from mythology period. The ancient Spartans threw off the cliff their disabled children. But there is also another myth saying that the ancient Spartans threw off the cliff people condemned to death, the perjurers, traitors, criminals and prisoners of war. Then we will pass through the heart of the Taÿgetos Mountains, reaching the ancient glory Mystras a village of Peloponnese. The tower of Mystras was a very strong castle-town during the Byzantine times. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa, and of Οur Lady Perivleptos. We will reach at Monemvasia for Overnight
DAY 6– TOWER TOWN OF MONEMVASIA – ANCIENT CORINTH – ATHENS:
Explore the Tower Town of Monemvasiá, a mystical stone-built settlement, nestled at the edge of a big rock by the sea, that was founded by the Byzantines in the sixth century. Peer into the history of the fortress –the so-called “Gibraltar of the East”–, which was occupied by the Byzantines, the Crusaders, the Venetians, and the Turks in the past. Explore the Castle and walk along the cobbled street. Visit lovely churches. The Church of Agia Sofia located at the highest point of Monemvasia. Visit the Archaeological Collection. In a small building facing the Plaza of Monemvasia, building is a former Muslim Mosque that was built during the 16th century. Before leave Monemvasia, taste culinary delights and get memorable panoramic photos of the endless blue! One of the most fascinating parts of our visit will the archaeological site of the Ancient Corint. Corinth was once one of the largest and most prominent of all the ancient Greek city-states. Also we will visit the Archaeological Museum of Corinth, which holds many of the artifacts that were found hre during the excavations. Ancient Corinth was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul a famous personality of the christian comunity. Drop you off at your hotel in Athens. Our Services ends.
- Tower Town of Mystras
- Tower town of Monemvasia
- Castle & lovely churches in Monemvasia
- Nafpaktus & Venetian Castle
- Nafplio & Castel of Palamidi
- The Byzantine fortress in Ioannina
- City of Ioannina & panoramic city tour
- The Island of "Ali Pasha"
- Lake of Pamvotida at Ioannina
- Hiking at Mount of Olympus
- Traditional stone villages of Zagorochoria region
- Vikos Gorge (the second deepest gorge in the world)
- Delphi & Delphi Museum
- Traditional Village of Arachova
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Ancient Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- 5 Nights accommodation with Breakfast
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Baby seat or booster without extra charge (upon request)
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission in archeological sites
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel city tax
All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.