- All Year.
4 Day Classical Tour, Mycenae, Delphi, Olympia, Meteora
Are you interested in exploring the ancient Greek culture and the Greek inheritance? Book this 4-day private tour package in Ancient Greece we have created for you and visit the most popular sites. Book online our customized tour package in Argolis, Delphi, Olympia and Meteora and enjoy the ultimate private chauffeured tours!
You will visit the ancient theater of Epidaurus, the first capital city of Greece, Nafplio, the famous ancient town of Mycenae, where the Mycenaean civilization thrived between 1650 and 1200 BC and the birthplace of the first Olympic Games ever, ancient Olympia.
Visit Delphi that was regarded as the center of the world, because of its location, as you are going to find out and the Ancient Oracle, where is said that Pythia delivered oracles. Dare to be enchanted by the amazing view and the picturesque architecture of Arachova and to get excited about Meteora, the ageless monasteries that combine both historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks.
For wine lovers, before we leave for Ancient Olympia we suggest that you pay a visit to a unique boutique, family & privately owned vineyard which extends to almost 10 hectares close to Olympia. We propose you to taste a glass of wine as appetite or accompanied to a plateau of local cheese. The blend of the Mandarin and Petrokersou variety with the notes of Rose of the famous Loukoumi gives you a perfect tasteful experience!
DAY 1: ATHENS - ARGOLIS - ANCIENT OLYMPIA:
- Our driver will pick you up from your Hotel or from Athens Airport, and driving along the Attica coastline, we will make a quick stop at the famous Canal of Corinth which connects the Saronic to the Corinthian gulf, with the breathtaking view of 80m height and 6km length from the canal's bridge above sea level, where you can enjoy the amazing view and take some photos! Then, we are going to visit the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus dated back to 4th century BC, famous for the breathtaking acoustics. Our next stop will be at one of the most beautiful towns of Greece and its first capital city, Nafplio. There you can visit its trademarks, Palamidi castle, which you can reach by climbing 999 steps (!), or you could take a small boat and visit ‘’Bourtzi’’ afloat in the middle of the bay. After lunch (optional), we will visit the famous ancient town of Mycenae and the Archaeological site - the Lion Gate, the Cyclopean Walls, the Palace and the tomb of Agamemnon. We will leave Mycenae, to arrive to Olympia, birthplace of the Olympic Games. Overnight in Olympia.
DAY 2: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - DELPHI:
- Start early in the morning, visiting the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, the place that the first Olympic Games ever took place in 776 B.C. Ancient Olympia lies in the lush valley formed by the Alfios river. There you will visit the temple of Zeus the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Dedicated to Zeus, in antiquity the temple was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world, the gold and ivory statue of Zeus, which Phedias had created. Visit the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games and finally the Stadium, where the marble starting blocks are still in position! Although secluded near the west coast of the Peloponnese, Olympia became the most important religious and athletic center in Greece. Leaving Ancient Olympia, we suggest that you pay an optional visit at the wine castle the unique landscape with the stunning view that was founded in 1861 and is the oldest winery in Greece. Then we will cross over the amazing bridge of Rio – Antirio, one of the biggest bridges in Europe, in order to reach at Naupactus. We recommend you having a lunch in this beautiful seaside small town, surrounded by the Venetian Castle, next to the Venetian Port. After our lunch in Naupactus, we will depart for Delphi. Overnight in Delphi.
DAY 3: DELPHI - METEORA:
- After your breakfast, we will visit the archaeological site of Delphi. We will visit the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre which can host more than 5000 seated spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ‘’Charioteer’’, one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Continuing we will depart to reach the village of Arachova, the most bustling winter destination in Greece, a mountainous village at 1000 meters altitude. Discover the traditional character of the village by taking a coffee or lunch break. Don’t forget to try the famous, traditional cheese, Arachova’s formaela, in various forms. Departing from Arachova and driving through Central Greece, we will arrive in Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Overnight in Meteora.
DAY 4: METEORA - ATHENS:
- In the morning, we will visit Meteora enjoying a unique and most impressive scenery of ageless monasteries, containing priceless historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop of huge rocks. We visit the first great monastery of Varlaam (or similar), which was founded on the 16th century and is located on the top of a rock at 380m height! Our second visit will be at the Monastery of St. Stephan, of the 15th century, also built on the top of another huge rock where you will admire a small treasure of Byzantine and Christian items, at the museum located inside the monastery! Then, we will leave from Meteora to return to Athens with a short stop at Kamena Vourla at the seaside and Thermopiles where you may admire the statue of Leonidas which was placed there as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. Our driver will drop you off at your hotel late in the afternoon.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae & Lion Gate
- Romantic city of Nafplio
- Ancient Olympia
- Coast line city of Naupaktos
- Delphi & Museum of Delphi
- Traditional Village of Arachova
- Kalambaka town
- Meteora Monasteries
- Thermopiles & The statue of Leonidas
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- 3 Nights accommodation with Breakfast
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Majestic sunset tour on Meteora Rocks (optional)
- Baby seat or booster without extra charge (upon request)
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - in Archeological sites
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel city tax
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.