- All Year.
3 Day Private Christian Tour Package to Meteota...
Book online our 3-day tour package from Athens and tour in Meteora, Delphi and also the wonderful Plastira Lake with its unique beauty. Explore the monasteries of Meteora, a complex of ageless monasteries with priceless historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks.
The breath-taking view of the sunset is another touch to the imposing landscape! We will visit the Lake of Plastira a romantic place, so peaceful that is in perfect harmony with nature. The lake is amazing, surrounded with a lovely forest. You will have a leisurely stop for coffee and food. If you go one time and you will be in love for the rest of your life! Before to return in Athens we will have a stop at the archaeological site of Delphi, considered to be the center of the world because of its position and the Delphi museum. Finally, admire the statue of Leonidas in Thermopylae, as a memorial of the battle between 300 Spartans against thousand soldiers of the Persian Empire.
Day 1: ATHENS - THERMOPILES - METEORA - SUNSET TOUR IN METEORA:
- Our driver will meet you at your hotel at 08.30 (or your specific check point) and go ahead to your excellent Christian tour in Meteora. The presence of many monasteries in such a small space, and the Orthodox spiritual life and performance over time cause the admiration of both visitors and the people around the world! Our first visit during the tour will be at Thermopiles where there is the statue of Leonidas as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. In continue driving through Central Greece, we arrive in Kalambaka, after noon, in a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. After your check in and your rest, we will visit one of “the famous Monastery of Holy Trinity” famous from James Bond movie! The Monastery of the Holy Trinity is on top of the cliffs, and was built in 14th century. Late in the afternoon, you will admire the sunset above the rocks, feeling the unique energy from the wild environment. Overnight Meteora.
DAY 2: TOUR AT THE MONASTERIES OF METEORA -LAKE OF PLASTIRA - METEORA:
- After your breakfast, we visit to Meteora enjoying a unique and most impressive scenery of ageless monasteries, containing priceless historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks. We visit the first great monastery of Varlaam, founded on the 16th century and located on the top of a rock at 380m height! The Monastery of Varlaam is the second largest monastery in the Meteora complex, with the largest number of monks (seven) of the male monasteries. Our second visit will be at the Monastery of St. Stephan, of the 15th century. We depart from Meteora and we reach Lake Plastira which is located in Karditsa regional unit, near the city of Karditsa. Plastira Lake is an artificial lake in perfect harmony with nature, embraced by picturesque villages, fir forests and the imposing Agrafa mountain range. You can take breathtaking pictures overlooking the lake, taste authentic local flavors and wines, and explore old monastery of Panagia Pelekiti, which is one of the most impressive attractions in the area. It has two churches, Analipseos and Panagias, both built in 1640. Overnight in Meteora.
Day 3: METEORA - DELPHI - ATHENS:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 09.00 to visit the “the Monastery of Grand Meteoro” that it the largest of the monasteries located at Meteora. It was erected in the mid-14th century and was the subject of restoration and embellishment projects in 1483 and 1552. One building serves as the main museum for tourists. We will leave Meteora to reach in Delphi area, where we will visit the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre, where could seat more than 5000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ‘’Charioteer’’, one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Afterwards, we can have coffee or lunch, at the most famous winter resort in Greece, Arachova, a traditional and at the same time modern small city in an altitude of 1000 meters! Return to Athens late in the afternoon
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Thermopiles - Statue of Leonidas
- The Monastery of Holy Trinity
- The Monastery of Varlaam
- the Monastery of St. Stephan
- the Monastery of Grand Meteoro
- Delphi area
- The Museum of Delphi
- Winter village of Arachova ( near Delphi)
- Sunset tour Meteora
- Lake of Plastira
- English Speaking driver
- Transportation with Private car or minivan
- Pickup & Drop off from/to major hotel or specific check points
- 2 Night's accommodation in Meteora with breakfast
- Welcome Bag with Gifts upon your arrival
- All taxes
- Entrance fees at the Monasteries
- Personal expenses, Meals
- Tour Guide
- Hotel City Tax
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.