All year, any time that you wish.
6 Day Classical & Christian Tour & Zakynthos Island
The best-selling 6 day Christian tour package Greece to visit the most classical sites of Ancient Greece combining visits at Christian points as well. We will follow the route of Apostle Paul in Athens & Corinth, we have an excellent Churches Tour in Zakynthos, and we will walk at Gorge of Lousios to visit the Monastery of Agios Ioannis Prodromos & Philosophos.
Tour in Zakynthos Island with the well know beach of Shipwreck the Blue caves and nevertheless Laganas and Kalamaki gulf full of turtles swimming in the seawater.Special visit to Mystras with the glorious byzantine castle and Ancient Sparta, famous for King Leonidas and olive oil, Ancient Olympia We will have a ride with the Cog Railway through Vouraikos Canyon, one of the most spectacular railway rides in Greece and in Balkans! Continue to the beautiful and historical village of Dimitsana located above Lousios River. Book online this vacation package in Greece with early booking discount.
DAY 1: CHRISTIAN TOUR IN ATHENS & ANCIENT CORINTH - NAUPLIO:
- We will pick you up from your hotel at 08.30 to start the brilliant Christian tour in Athens. We will visit The ancient Agora the meeting point of Saint Paul with the first followers of Christianity in Athens. The next step will be the "Mars Hill", we will visit the coastal district of Palaio Faliro This is the area where St Paul arrived 51 AD after his departure from Veroia and Thessaloniki after 45 days journey. Of course, in combination with our Christian tour we will have a visit at Acropolis and a panoramic city tour in Athens. We continue the tour and 1 hour later, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul. We will visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul, we will walk at the same paths that Apostle of Nations walked and preached hundreds of years earlier. We will visit the commercial town of Corinth and The Apostolos Pavlos (Apostle Paul) metropolitan church, on the street of the same name, which founded by Apostle Paul around 51-52 AD. Our next stop will be at 'Kechrias Port. Around 52 AD, Apostle Paul arrived from Athens to Corinth. He stayed in Corinth for eighteen months, establishing and consolidating the Church of Corinth. The first day end at the romantic coastline city of Nafplio. Overnight in Nafplio.
DAY 2: NAUPLIO – SPARTA – ANCIENT OLYMPIA:
- Today we will visit the Castle that there are 857 stairs from the town to the fortress, or you will take a taxi boat to visit the small island of Bourtzi, in the middle of the city’s harbor the fort on the sea and Nauplio’s trademark! We leave Nauplio to visit the famous town of Sparta, the monument of King Leonidas, and then the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta. We continue to the nearby glory Byzantine town of Mystras. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa, and of Οur Lady Perivleptos. Afterwards, we will continue towards Ancient Olympia. Overnight at Olympia.
DAY 3: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - ZAKYNTHOS ISLAND:
- Start early in the morning, visiting the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, the place that first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C., lies in the lush valley formed by the Alfios River. There is a temple of Zeus the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Dedicated to Zeus which in antiquity was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world, the gold and ivory statue of Zeus, which Phedias had created. Then visit the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Finally come to the stadium, where the marble starting blocks are still in position. Although secluded near the west coast of the Peloponnese, Olympia became the most important religious and athletic center in Greece. After sightseeing in Olympia, we go ahead to Kyllini Port to take the ferry depart about 15.15 to reach Zakynthos port about 16.15 (after 1 hour). Check in at your hotel and then day at leisure. After your rest you can explore the center of Zakynthos and to have a dinner at a traditional tavernas. Overnight in Zakynthos.
DAY 4: ZAKYNTHOS ISLAND – DAY CRUISE TO SHIPWRECK:
- After your breakfast our driver transfer you from your hotel to Zakynthos Marina to take the local boat cruise as is one of the best ways to explore the island. The boat cruise departs at 09:00 and returns about 17:00. Our first stop is the Blue Caves. Here the rays of sun hit the water and it changes color. These caves have a magical turquoise shade that changes into emerald green. Our next stop is the Shipwreck. This beach is well known throughout the world. When entering the cove, the beauty it beholds is breathtaking. The waters here are clear blue but deep. We spend 1 1/2 hours here in order to enjoy your swim. Our program continues with a 10 min photo stop at Porto Vromi, then our boat pulls up next to the Agalas Caves and the Keri Caves for a reasonable amount of time to admire the beauty of nature. A big photo stop includes the Turtle Island. The whole gulf of Laganas and Kalamaki are full of turtles swimming in the seawater. The Turtles are huge but so friendly and you can swim together. Our other major swim stop is in the area of St Nickolas, Basilikos where the boat anchors for about an hour. In the afternoon about 17.00 we will return at Marina and our driver transfer you back to your hotel. Overnight in Zakynthos.
DAY 5: ZAKYNTHOS -COG RAILWAY (ODONTOTOS) KALAVRITA -VILLAGE OF DIMITSANA:
- After you breakfast we will take the ferry from Zakynthos port depart at 08.00to reach at Kyllini after 1 hour about 09.00 to continue to react at "Diakofto" to take the Cog Railway (Odontotos) which links Kalavrita with Diakopto going through Vouraikos Canyon, is one of the most beautiful natural sights and is one of the most spectacular railway rides.in Greece. It has been mentiοned as the most beautiful train trip in Balkans. The little train travels through streams climbing the fantastic narrow gorge up into the mountains, through tunnels, over waterfalls, along cliffs and through forests of pine and oleander. When the incline gets really steep it switches from regular track to a cog system.
- Our driver meet you there to continue the tour at the mysterious, magnificent and unique "Cave of the Lakes". A rare creation of Nature. Small and large lakes, 13 in total, with different colors each one, depending on the oxides contained in the rocks. You will see the wonderful «hanging bridge» and the «waterfalls» «falling» and you have the feeling of being on a floating corridor. Also you will admire strange stalactite formations
- Our day ends at the beautiful and historical Village of Dimitsana, is located on two facing hills “Agia Paraskevi & “Castro” above the River Lousios. After your check in you can have an excellence walking tour in the narrow streets of Dimitsana, you will travel in its historical admiring the beautiful architecture and historical sightseeing. Visit the library and folk museum which is housed in the municipal school building and opposite the church of “Agia Kyriaki”. There you see the statue of Patriarch of Constantinople Grigorios V. Do not forget to visit the open-air water-power museum. Overnight in Dimitsana
DAY 6: DIMITSANA - LOUSIOS GORGE & MONASTERIES OF PRODROMOS & PHILOSOPHOU – ATHENS:
- After your breakfast we leave from the hotel and after 20 minutes’ drive we reach the start of the path that leads to the Monastery of Agios Ioannis Prodromos that is built in 19th century. About after 20 -30 minutes walking you will reach the Monastery and admire the wonderful view to Lousios River under your feet! The monks will help you and show you how to continue walking in the Lousios Gorge and visit the next monastery of Philsofos, one of the oldest monasteries of Greece that was built on 963the old monastery and on 1691 the new one. Afterwards you will walk again to the point that you will meet our driver. After our visit, we will make a short stop for a cup of coffee and we will return back to Athens.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Canal of Corinth
- City of Nafplion
- Ancient Olympia
- Zakynthos Island
- Shipwreck beach Zakynthos
- Zakynthos town
- Laganas Beach
- Caretta Caretta Sea Turtles
- Christian tour in Athens
- City of Sparta
- Cristian Tour in Ancient Corinth
- Dimitsana traditional winter Village
- Lousios Gorge
- Monastery of Prodromos & Philosophou
- COG RAILWAY in Kalavrita Peloponnese
- English Speaking driver
- Transportation with private car or minivan
- Pickup and drop of from your hotel or specific check points
- 5 nights' accommodation in 3*or 4* hotel
- Breakfast Daily
- Ferry tickets from/to Kylini port/Zakynthos port
- Welcome bag with Gifts upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Personal expenses, meals
- Entrance fees
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Hotel City tax
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 2 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card or
- b/ Require more information
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers speak English very well and have high experience and have very good knowledge for the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each site, but they are not official guides.
You have the below choice in order to have tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide to accompany you
- You can book tour leader to accompany you
- You can book local tour guide in each area
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or Opel Vivaro 9 seats
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
We will pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address, If you reach at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- We provide you 4 star hotels or 3 stars hotel or you can ask for 5* hotels.
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depend the availability and the time that you will make the booking in any case we will book hotels at the same level.
- We can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3-star hotels,
- 3 euros per room per day for 4-star hotels.
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.