- All Year.
6 Day Classical & Christian Tour & Zakynthos Island
The best-selling 6 day Christian tour package Greece to visit the most classical sites of Ancient Greece combining visits at Christian points as well. We will follow the route of Apostle Paul in Athens & Corinth, we have an excellent Churches Tour in Zakynthos, and we will walk at Gorge of Lousios to visit the Monastery of Agios Ioannis Prodromos & Philosophos.
Tour in Zakynthos Island with the well know beach of Shipwreck the Blue caves and nevertheless Laganas and Kalamaki gulf full of turtles swimming in the seawater.Special visit to Mystras with the glorious byzantine castle and Ancient Sparta, famous for King Leonidas and olive oil, Ancient Olympia We will have a ride with the Cog Railway through Vouraikos Canyon, one of the most spectacular railway rides in Greece and in Balkans! Continue to the beautiful and historical village of Dimitsana located above Lousios River. Book online this vacation package in Greece with early booking discount.
DAY 1: CHRISTIAN TOUR IN ATHENS & ANCIENT CORINTH - NAUPLIO:
- We will pick you up from your hotel at 08.30 to start the brilliant Christian tour in Athens. We will visit Ancient Agora the meeting point of Saint Paul with the first followers of Christianity in Athens. The next step will be the "Mars Hill", we will visit the coastal district of Palaio Faliro. This is the area where St Paul arrived 51 AD. Of course, in combination with our Christian tour we will have a visit at Acropolis and a panoramic city tour in Athens. We continue the tour and 1 hour later, at the Canal of Corinth before reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul. We will visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul, we will walk at the same paths that Apostle of Nations walked and preached hundreds of years earlier. We will visit the commercial town of Corinth and the metropolitan church, on the street of the same name, which founded by Apostle Paul around 51-52 AD. Our next stop will be at 'Kechrias Port which around 52 AD, Apostle Paul arrived from Athens to Corinth. The first day end at the romantic coastline city of Nafplio.. The first day end at the romantic coastline city of Nafplio. Overnight in Nafplio.
DAY 2: NAUPLIO – SPARTA – ANCIENT OLYMPIA:
- Today we will visit the Castle that there are 857 stairs from the town to the fortress, or you will take a taxi boat to visit the small island of Bourtzi, in the middle of the city’s harbor the fort on the sea and Nauplio’s trademark! We leave Nauplio to visit the famous town of Sparta, the monument of King Leonidas, and then the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta. We continue to the nearby glory Byzantine town of Mystras. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa, and of Οur Lady Perivleptos. Afterwards, we will continue towards Ancient Olympia. Overnight at Olympia.
DAY 3: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - ZAKYNTHOS ISLAND:
- Start early in the morning, visiting the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, the place that first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C., lies in the lush valley formed by the Alfios River. There is a temple of Zeus the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Dedicated to Zeus which in antiquity was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world, the gold and ivory statue of Zeus, which Phedias had created. Then visit the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Finally come to the stadium, where the marble starting blocks are still in position. Although secluded near the west coast of the Peloponnese, Olympia became the most important religious and athletic center in Greece. After sightseeing in Olympia, we go ahead to Kyllini Port to take the ferry depart about 15.15 to reach Zakynthos port about 16.15 (after 1 hour). Check in at your hotel and then day at leisure. After your rest you can explore the center of Zakynthos and to have a dinner at a traditional tavernas. Overnight in Zakynthos.
DAY 4: ZAKYNTHOS ISLAND – DAY CRUISE TO SHIPWRECK:
- After your breakfast our driver transfer you from your hotel to Zakynthos Marina to take the local boat cruise as is one of the best ways to explore the island. The boat cruise departs at 09:00 and returns about 17:00. Our first stop is the Blue Caves. Here the rays of sun hit the water and it changes color. These caves have a magical turquoise shade that changes into emerald green. Our next stop is the Shipwreck. This beach is well known throughout the world. When entering the cove, the beauty it beholds is breathtaking. The waters here are clear blue but deep. We spend 1 1/2 hours here in order to enjoy your swim. Our program continues with a 10 min photo stop at Porto Vromi, then our boat pulls up next to the Agalas Caves and the Keri Caves for a reasonable amount of time to admire the beauty of nature. A big photo stop includes the Turtle Island. The whole gulf of Laganas and Kalamaki are full of turtles swimming in the seawater. The Turtles are huge but so friendly and you can swim together. Our other major swim stop is in the area of St Nickolas, Basilikos where the boat anchors for about an hour. In the afternoon about 17.00 we will return at Marina and our driver transfer you back to your hotel. Overnight in Zakynthos.
DAY 5: ZAKYNTHOS -COG RAILWAY - KALAVRITA -VILLAGE OF DIMITSANA:
- After you breakfast we will take the ferry from Zakynthos port depart at 08.00to reach at Kyllini after 1 hour about 09.00 to continue to react at "Diakofto" to take the Cog Railway (Odontotos) which links Kalavrita with Diakopto going through Vouraikos Canyon. The little train travels through streams climbing the fantastic narrow gorge up into the mountains, through tunnels, over waterfalls, along cliffs and through forests of pine and oleander. Our driver meet you in Kalavrita to continue the tour at the mysterious, magnificent and unique "Cave of the Lakes". A rare creation of Nature. Small and large lakes, 13 in total, with different colors each one, depending on the oxides contained in the rocks. You will see the wonderful «hanging bridge» and the «waterfalls» «falling» and you have the feeling of being on a floating corridor. Our day ends at the beautiful and historical Village of Dimitsana. After your check in you can have an excellence walking tour in the narrow streets of Dimitsana, you will travel in its historical admiring the beautiful architecture and historical sightseeing. Overnight in Dimitsana
DAY 6: DIMITSANA - LOUSIOS GORGE & MONASTERIES OF PRODROMOS & PHILOSOPHOU – ATHENS:
- After your breakfast we leave from the hotel and after 20 minutes’ drive we reach the start of the path that leads to the Monastery of Agios Ioannis Prodromos that is built in 19th century. About after 20 -30 minutes walking you will reach the Monastery and admire the wonderful view to Lousios River under your feet! The monks will help you and show you how to continue walking in the Lousios Gorge and visit the next monastery of Philsofos, one of the oldest monasteries of Greece that was built on 963the old monastery and on 1691 the new one. Afterwards you will walk again to the point that you will meet our driver. After our visit, we will make a short stop for a cup of coffee and we will return back to Athens.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Canal of Corinth
- City of Nafplion
- Ancient Olympia
- Zakynthos Island
- Shipwreck beach Zakynthos
- Zakynthos town
- Laganas Beach
- Caretta Caretta Sea Turtles
- Christian tour in Athens
- City of Sparta
- Cristian Tour in Ancient Corinth
- Dimitsana traditional winter Village
- Lousios Gorge
- Monastery of Prodromos & Philosophou
- COG RAILWAY in Kalavrita Peloponnese
- English Speaking driver
- Transportation with private car or minivan
- Pickup and drop of from your hotel or specific check points
- 5 nights' accommodation with breakfast
- Ferry tickets from/to Kylini port/Zakynthos port
- Welcome bag with Gifts upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Personal expenses, meals
- Entrance fees
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Hotel City tax
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.