- All Year.
2 Day Private Tour in Delphi & Ancient Olympia...
Book online our 2-day private tour package Greece to visit two of the most important archaeological sites in Greece Delphi and Ancient Olympia that has been listed on UNESCO's World Heritage Sites and enjoy the ultimate private chauffeured experience and our experienced guided tours!
Visit Delphi that was regarded as the center of the world, because of its location, as you are going to find out and the Ancient Oracle, where is said that Pythia delivered oracles, the Byzantine Monastery of Hosios Loukas, one of the most important monuments of Middle Byzantine architecture. Join the Olympic Games spirit which unites all countries worldwide, by visiting their birthplace, Ancient Olympia, where the first games were held! Stay overnight in the beautiful seaside town of Naupactus, where you can dine next to the Venetian Port, visit the Venetian Castle and enjoy the view! Last but not least, we recommend you visiting the eldest wine castle in Greece that was founded in 1861 and hosts the oldest wine in Greece!
DAY 1- ATHENS - DELPHI - NAUPAKTOS:
- Our driver will pick you up from your Hotel at 08.30 and in about a couple of hours we will make our first stop at the wonderful Byzantine Monastery of Hosios Loukas, one of the most important monuments of Middle Byzantine architecture and art that has been listed on UNESCO's World Heritage Sites. Continuing we will depart to reach the village of Arachova, the most bustling winter destination in Greece, a mountainous village at 1000 meters altitude. Discover the traditional character of the village by taking a coffee break. Don’t forget to try the famous, traditional cheese, Arachova’s formaela, in various forms. Then, we will leave in order to visit our next destination, the archaeological site of Delphi. The Pan-Hellenic sanctuary of Delphi lies within the angle formed by the twin rocks of the Phaedriades and was regarded as the center of the world. We will visit Castalia Spring, the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle and Delphi museum. After this we will depart for our last destination where our first day will come to an end, at the beautiful seaside town of Naupactus where you can visit the Venetian Castle, the Venetian Port. Overnight in the seaside town of Nafpactus.
DAY 2 - NAUPAKTOS - ANCIENT OLYMPIA - ATHENS:
- Leaving the beautiful city of Naupactus and we will cross over the amazing bridge of Rion – Antirion, one of the biggest bridges in Europe. We recommend that you pay a visit at the winery, located southeast of Patra’s center, for wine tasting and exploration of the traditional cellar with the large oak carved barrels with one century-old Mavrodaphne. Then we are leaving to visit Ancient Olympia, where the first Olympic Games took place back in 776 B.C. There you will visit the temple of Zeus the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Dedicated to Zeus, in antiquity was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world, the gold and ivory statue of Zeus, which Phedias had created. Visit the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games and finally the Stadium, where the marble starting blocks are still in position! Although secluded near. Before reach in Athens we will make a short stop at the breathtaking Canal of Corinth with the amazing view of the 6 km length and 80m height!
- For wine lovers, before we leave for Ancient Olympia we suggest that you pay a visit to a unique boutique, family & privately owned vineyard which extends to almost 10 hectares close to Olympia. We propose you to taste a glass of wine as appetitive or accompanied to a plateau of local cheese.The blend of the Mandarin and Petrokersou variety with the notes of Rose of the famous Loukoumi gives you a perfect tasteful experience!
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Castalia spring
- Delphi Museum
- The village of Arachova
- The Byzantine Monastery of Hosios Loukas
- Ancient Olympia
- The shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary),
- Temple of Zeus
- Temple of Hera
- The Treasury houses
- Canal of Corinth
- English speaking Driver
- Transportation with private car or Mini Van
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens or Piraeus port
- 1 Nights' Accommodation with breakfast
- 24H Ground support
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- All Taxes
- Entrance fee at Archaeological site
- Meals and personal expenses
- Hotel City tax
All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.