- All Year.
2 Day Private Tour in Delphi & Ancient Olympia...
Book online 2 day private tour in Delphi and Ancient Olympia which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites and are considered to be among the most important archaeological sites in Greece. Both Delphi and Olympia are UNESCO World Heritage Sites and are considered to be among the most important archaeological sites in Greece
Delphi It was the site of the famous Oracle of Delphi, where people would go to consult the priestess Pythia for guidance and predictions. The archaeological site at Delphi includes the Temple of Apollo, the theater, the stadium, and the treasuries of various city-states.
Olympia, on the other hand, is the birthplace of the Olympic Games, which were held every four years from 776 BC to 393 AD. The archaeological site at Olympia includes the remains of the ancient stadium, gymnasium, and various temples and other buildings.
Day 1 - Athens - Delphi - Naupaktos:
- Meet your private driver at the hotel and start your day early by driving to the Osios Loukas Monastery, located about 2 hours northwest of Athens. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is renowned for its stunning Byzantine architecture and well-preserved frescoes.Then we will visist Arachova, a picturesque mountain village nestled on the slopes of Mount Parnassus. Known for its traditional architecture, handmade carpets, and local cheeses, take a leisurely stroll through its narrow streets and explore local shops and cafes.
- After exploring Arachova, head to the nearby archaeological site of Delphi, just 10 minutes away by car. Upon arrival, visit the Archaeological Site of Delphi, home to the Temple of Apollo, the ancient theatre, the stadium, and the famous Delphi Oracle.
- Following your exploration of the archaeological site, proceed to the Delphi Museum to view artifacts unearthed during the excavation of the site. Conclude our first day in Nafpaktos, a picturesque coastal town celebrated for its beautiful beaches, Venetian castle, and historic old town. Take a leisurely stroll through the old town and the old port. Overnight in the charming seaside town of Naupaktos
Day 2 - Ancient Olympia - Honey, Olive Oil and Food Tasting - Canal of Corinth - Athens:
- After your breakfast, we will cross the amazing Rion – Antirion bridge, one of the largest bridges in Europe, to reach Olympia. Upon arrival, head directly to the Archaeological Site of Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games, which were held every four years from 776 BC to 393 AD. Explore the Temple of Zeus, the ancient stadium, and the museum, immersing yourself in the history of the ancient Olympic Games. After your visit to the archaeological site, proceed to the Olympia Museum to view artifacts unearthed during the excavation of the site.
- We will visit the flea market to taste delightful experience of free wine and olive oil tasting, savoring the distinct blends of olive oil and the iconic Greek olives. We will visit a local honey farm, where under the shade of the trees we will have a coffee / juice and enjoy hand-made local desserts all made with honey produced in this farm for generations Before reaching Athens, we will make a short stop at the breathtaking Corinth Canal, offering a stunning view of its 6 km length and 80m height
***Travel Insurnace: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Read more...
- Castalia spring, Delphi Museum
- Temple of Apollo, The village of Arachova
- The Byzantine Monastery of Hosios Loukas
- Ancient Olympia & Museum
- The shrine of Pelops, Temple of Zeus
- Temple of Hera,The Treasury houses
- Photo stop at Canal of Corinth
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- 1 Night accommodation in Nafpactus with Breakfast
- Honey farm and food tasting in Olympia
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission in archeological sites
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel city tax
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Note that some times due to limitation of the hotels may you stay a hotel at the city of Patra
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.