Every corner of mainland Greece will leave its imprint on your memory, once nature’s artistry and man’s achievements will amaze you! Book this 13 day special package tour, our company has created for you, and travel in mainland Greece, in the safety of our chauffeured services and the offered guided tours through some of the most fascinating and of archaeological importance places!
Visit the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, one of the best Ancient Theatres worldwide.Pay a visit at the famous ancient town of Mycenae, where the Mycenaean civilization thrived between 1650 and 1200 BC, and tour in the excavation of Mycenae Palace and the Mycenaean Tombs. Tour in the most romantic town of Greece, the seaside town of Nafplio, the first capital city of Greece! Visit Nemea, famous for the wineries that will take you to the magical world of wine and offer you a complete wine-touring experience!
Visit Diros caves, a unique spectacle of colors, and beautiful shapes, formed by the stalactites and stalagmites. Visit the historical Village of Dimitsana, where gunpowder mills were operating to supply the revolutionary struggle against the Ottoman Empire with ammunition. There, you can visit the open water-power museum and have an excellence walking tour in the narrow streets of the village. Visit the Lucius Gorge and the Monasteries of Prodromos and the Philosopher, crossing a beautiful route on foot!
Day 1: Arrival Day:
- Our driver will meet and assist you at Athens airport and he will transfer you at your hotel. Overnight in Athens.
Day 2: Athens - Nafplio:
- After your breakfast, we will depart from your Hotel at about 08.30 a.m. and driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, we will have our first stop, 1 hour later, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). Soon we will reach at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, one of the best Ancient Theatres worldwide with amazing acoustic. We will stop for lunch or a coffee break at one of the most romantic towns of Greece, the seaside town of Nafplio, the first capital city of Modern Greece, and then we will continue to the archaeological site of Mycenae, an ancient town with great power during the ancient years. There you will admire the famous ‘’Gate of Lions’’ and the ‘’Atreus King Tomb’’. We will also visit the nearby town of Nemea and we can taste famous local wines at a winery! We will then return in Nafplio for Overnight.
Day 3: Nafplio - Monemvasia:
- Today, you can visit the Castle of the Town, with the 999 steps (!) and the amazing view, or take a taxi boat to visit the small island of Bourtzi, in the middle of the city’s harbor, the fort on the sea and Nafplio’s trademark! Then driving along the coast road to leonidio, we will reach in Monemvassia. We will walk among the narrow streets of the famous Tower Town of Monemvassia, a mystical stone-built settlement, nestled at the edge of a big rock by the sea that was founded by the Byzantines in the sixth century. Peer into the history of the fortress –the so-called “Gibraltar of the East”–, which was occupied by the Byzantines, the Crusaders, the Venetians, and the Turks in the past. You will see the Upper and the Lower part of the town, and admire the beautifully restored stone buildings. You can also taste culinary delights at one of the fine restaurants of the tower town. Overnight in Monemvassia.
Day 4: Sparta - Monemvasia - Village Vatheia
- We will leave Monemvassia in order to visit the unique Museum of Olive Oil at Sparta, a great Museum showing the unique history of olive production in Greece or the Archeological Museum in Sparta. We continue to the nearby glory Byzantine town of Mystras. Let yourself be captivated by this destination’s medieval splendor! Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa, and of Οur Lady Perivleptos. After all we reach at Village Vatheia for overnight.
Day 5: “Vatheia Village”:
- After our breakfast, we leave from Vatheia Village and after a short stop at the picturesque small coastal town of Gythio, we will arrive at Areopolis and then at Diros, famous for its marvelous subterranean caves as a part of an underground river. About 5,000 meters have been exposed and accessible by small boats and through narrow passageways and one is surrounded by formations of stalagmites and stalactites. Caves have served as places of worship in Paleolithic and Neolithic times and their inhabitant believed that the caves were the entrance to the underworld. We can also visit the local museum and then we continue to reach at Cape Matapan (Tainaro) has been an important place for thousands of years. There is a cave at the tip of Cape Matapan that Greek legends claim was the home of Hades, the god of the dead. The ancient Spartans built several temples there, dedicated to various gods. On the hill situated above the cave, lie the remnants of an ancient temple dedicated to the sea god Poseidon. Under the Byzantine Empire, the temple was converted into a Christian church, and Christian rites are conducted there to this day. Cape Matapan was once the place where mercenaries waited to be employed. We leave the car in order to follow the path that leads to the southwest part of Peloponnese and the Lighthouse of Tenaro. The distance is around 20-30 minutes by feet, but as soon as we get there we will be rewarded with the sense of ultimate freedom. We will then return at Village “Vatheia” for Overnight.
Day 6: Vatheia Village - Dimitsana
- After your breakfast we leave Village Vatheia to reach in Kalamata. We make a short stop for coffee there and then we will head to Dimitsana. You will have free time for yourselves. Overnight in Dimitsana
Day 7: Dimitsana - Lousios Gorge & Monasteries of Prodromos & Philosophou - Ancient Olympia:
- After your breakfast we leave from the hotel and after 20 minutes drive we will reach at the start point of the path that leads to the Monastery of Agios Ioannis Prodromos. After 20 -30 minutes on foot, you will reach the Monastery, where you will admire the wonderful view to Lousios River under your feet! The monks will help you and show you how to continue walking in the Lousios Gorge in order to visit the monastery of Philsofos, one of the oldest monasteries of Greece. The old monastery was built in 963 and the new one in 1691. Afterwards you will walk to the point that you will meet our driver. We will reach during the afternoon at Olympia. Overnight in Olympia.
Day 8: Olympia - Honey, Olive Oil and Food Tasting - Delphi:
- Early in the morning, we will visit the archeological site of Ancient Olympia, which lies in the lush valley formed by Alfios River, where the first ever Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. You will also visit the Temple of Zeus, the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece, which was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world, the gold and ivory statue, dedicated to Zeus that Phedias had created. Then you will visit the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra, where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Finally you will visit the stadium, where the marble starting blocks are still in position. Olympia became the most important religious and athletic center in Greece. Its fame rests upon the Olympic Games, the greatest national festival and a highly prestigious one world-wide, which was held every four years to honor Zeus. Leaving Ancient Olympia, we will cross over the amazing bridge of Rion – Antirion, one of the biggest in Europe, in order to reach at Naupactus, a beautiful seaside small town, where you can visit the Venetian Castle or the Venetian Port. After your lunch in Naupactus, we will reach at Delphi for Overnight.
Day 9: Delphi - Meteora - Sunset Tour around the Rocks:
- After your breakfast, we will visit the archaeological site of Delphi with the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre where could sit more than 5000 spectators and you will visit of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ‘’Charioteer’’, one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Afterwards, we can visit Arachova, for a coffee or lunch, the most famous winter resort in Greece, a traditional and at the same time modern small city in an altitude of 1000 meters! Departing from Arachova and driving through Central Greece, and the city of Trikala, where we will have a quick stop, we will arrive in Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Enjoy the sunset around the rocks of Meteora as the most highlight of your trip. Overnight in Kalambaka (Meteora).
Day 10: Meteora - Vergina:
- Visit Meteora, enjoying a unique and most impressive scenery of ageless monasteries, containing priceless historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks. Departing from Kalambaka and driving through the city of Kozani we will reach at Veroia city for Overnight.
Day 11: Vergina - Athens:
- Today we will visit Vergina. Visit the greatest discovery of 20th century and live a unique experience visiting the site and the local Museum, displaying finds from the tomb of King Philip II, father of Alexander the Great. After visiting Vergina we will reach at Pella area and after all we will depart for Athens passing through the second biggest city of Greece, Thessaloniki, where you can optionally have a quick city tour and a coffee break next to famous trademark of the town, the White Tower! Afterwards we will continue our trip to Athens with a stop at Thermopylae to see the monument of Leonidas and learn about the famous battle of Thermopylae between Spartans and Persians. Overnight in Athens.
Day 12: Athens (City tour, Area of Plaka, Cape Sounio):
- Our driver will pick you up from your Hotel at about 09.00. Starting Athens City Tour, we will visit the Parliament, the University, the Library, the Presidential Residence (Ex-King Residence) with the traditional presidential Guards, Panathinaiko Stadium (where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896), the Temple of Zeus and then we will visit Acropolis and the New Museum. Afterwards, we can have a short stop for coffee or refreshments at the Museum Café or at the traditional area of Plaka. After you relax, you can visit the second most popular sightseeing of Athens, (especially during the afternoon hours when you can take the chance of the breathtaking sunset over the Aegean Sea!), Cape Sounio and the Temple of God Poseidon! Overnight in Athens.
Day 13: Departure Day:
- Our driver will meet you at your hotel and will transfer you at Athens airport to take your flight according to your flight details.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance