- All Year.
7 day Tour to Explore the Best of Mani, Peloponnese
7 day private tour package to Explore the Best of Mani and Ancient Peloponnese. Walk around the Lakoniki Mani where you can see and enjoy stone-built houses and impressive towers next to prickly pear cacti, dashing old tower villages, byzantine churches, beautiful beaches, and unique local gastronomy. Let yourself be taken by the wild beauty of the rocks next to the sea.
Admire the extraordinary town of Monemvassia, also known as the Gibraltar of the East, which lies on a big rock at sea connected to the mainland by a small bridge, a whole town of castles, mansions, streets, squares, and churches. With 7-day tour package at UNESCO World Heritage Archaeological Sites, you will visit the Sanctuary and the Theatre of Asclepius in Epidaurus, the "Golden city" of Mycenae, Acropolis and the Ancient Olympia aslo at the romantic city of Nafplio with the beautiful Castle of Palamidi. Discover Lakoniki Mani with our special tour package of 7 day that cover the hidden beauty of Peloponnese. This excursion is ideal for couples and honeymooners!
Day 1: Athens Sightseeing & Romantic Sunset Tour to Cape Sounio
- We will pick you up from your Hotel at 09.00 o’clock and start the private Athens City Tour. We will have a panoramic city to visit the most popular sites such as Panathinaiko Stadium where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896 etc. You can also walk at the beautiful narrow and picturesque streets at Plaka and Monastiraki to see and admire the Greek architecture and to taste the famous Greek “Souvlaki”. We will visit the Lycabettus Hill, the highest point of Athens to get panoramic photos, of course we will visit the iconic Acropolis. We continue our private tour to the southernmost tip of Attica, where the horizon meets the Aegean Sea. Travel alongside the coastline of Athens, in the heart of the Athenian Riviera, admire a truly impressive scene and let the idyllic landscape amaze you! Then, visit Cape Sounio, known for the imposing sanctuary of Poseidon which is one of the most important sights and archaeological sites of Attica! The remains are perched on the headland, surrounded on three sides by the sea. In the evening hours the colors of the sky, you will take your breath away as the sunset at Cape Sounio is one of the most veritable sites in Athens. The duration of the tour lasts about 8 hours. Overnight in Athens
Day 2: Athens – Ancient Epidaurus – Mycenae - Nafplio
- The Ancient Greece tour combines the two following UNESCO World Heritage Archaeological Sites, the Sanctuary and the Theatre of Asclepius in Epidaurus sanctuary which reflects not only the great history of Hellenistic and Roman periods, but also how powerful the Ancient Greek spiritual beliefs were. Mycenae the "Golden City" of ancient Greece is a a visit that must not be missed. Mycenae was the epicenter of the Mycenaean world and gave its name to a period and a civilization that evolved throughout the entire Hellenic civilization. Our final stop, we will be Nafplio one of the most historic cities of the region, full of spectacular monuments and sights that have stories that span from the ancient times to the medieval. Explore the ancient castles that boast riveting legends to the many museums that paint a clear picture of the architectural, historical and cultural stories that Nafplio is founded upon. You also may simply stroll through the quaint streets of the old town with many shops, coffee and lined with restaurants. Overnight in Nafplio
Day 3: Msytas - Deep Mani of Peloponnese
- Leave Nafplio and pass through the heart of the Taÿgetos Mountains, reaching the ancient glory Mystras a village of Peloponnese. The tower of Mystras was a very strong castle-town during the Byzantine times. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa, and of Οur Lady Perivleptos. Then we will reach at Deep Mani, known for its powerful landscape! Deep Mani is almost untouched by time. Indelible beauty and undeniable allure, jagged coastlines, coves, mountains, and beaches with crystal water, austere local architecture with the fortress-like tower houses, and the rocky, almost barren land build visual tension, but the soporific union of the infinite horizon separating and the endless blue appeases all senses. Relax at your hotel or get a romatic walk to enjoy the wonderful vistas of the surroundings. Overnight at Gytheio
Day 4: Deep Mani – Village Vatheia – Cape Matapan (Cape Tainaron)
- On our way towards Cape Tainaro we will stop in a little village called Vatheia where little towers emerge from a hillside. Travel back to the past by wandering about the settlements’ alleys. There are many traditional villages on Mani, but Vathia Village is the nicest for photos, due to little towers around, churches, It is a magic landscape under the vast blue sea. We will reach at the southernmost point of mainland Greece, where Ancient Greeks marked the area as a passage to the underworld. We will start our walk from Agion Asomaton Church, built with stones from the ancient temple Tainaro of Poseidon. Continue our tour to see the cave where Hercules faced Cerberus. According to Mythology this cave is one of the entrances to underworld. For hiking lover from here take 45-minute hike and reach the Akrotainaro lighthouse where the Ionian meets the Aegean Sea. Close your eyes and let the myth-laden scenery exert its power on you! Overnight at Gytheio
Day 5: Deep Mani – Explore teh Castles of Monemvasia
- Explore the Tower Town of Monemvasiá, a mystical stone-built settlement, nestled at the edge of a big rock by the sea, that was founded by the Byzantines in the sixth century. Peer into the history of the fortress –the so-called “Gibraltar of the East”–, which was occupied by the Byzantines, the Crusaders, the Venetians, and the Turks in the past. Explore the Castle and walk along the cobbled street. Visit lovely churches. The Church of Agia Sofia located at the highest point of Monemvasia. Visit the Archaeological Collection. In a small building facing the Plaza of Monemvasia, building is a former Muslim Mosque that was built during the 16th century. Before leave Monemvasia, taste culinary delights and get memorable panoramic photos of the endless blue! Overnight at Gytheio
Day 6: Deep Mani – Diros Cave - Ancient Olympia
- We leave Peninsula of Mani and we have our first stop at Diros Cave, a secret underground world. About 5,000 meters have been exposed and accessible by small boats and through narrow passageways and one is surrounded by formations of stalagmites and stalactites. Caves have served as places of worship in Paleolithic and Neolithic times and their inhabitant believed that the caves were the entrance to the underworld. Here you can marvel at what nature creates!! Passing through the natural beauty of the coastline villages of "Stoupa" & "Kardamili" and "Zacharo" surrounded by sandy beaches we will reach at Olympia. Check in and free time for yourself. Overnight in Olympia
Day 7: Ancient Olympia - Honey, Olive Oil and Food Tasting - Athens
- Today we will visit Olympia an UNESCO World Heritage site and the birthplace of the Olympic Games, one of the four most worshiped athletic event in the Ancient Greek world, is never enough. Visit the Temple of Zeus, crafted by the famous Phidias which was among the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Walk around the Palestra and the Gymnasium once used by the thousands of male athletes gathered here to take place in the Olympic Games and win its unique award, an olive wreath form the holy olive trees of Altis. Enter the Stadium form the crypt and find yourself in another era. Visit the Archaeological museum which houses plastic art masterpieces like the Hermes of Praxiteles and the Nike (Victory) of Paionios and the sculptures once decorating the Temple of Zeus. We will visit the flea market to taste delightful experience of free wine and olive oil tasting, savoring the distinct blends of olive oil and the iconic Greek olives. We will visit a local honey farm, where under the shade of the trees we will have a coffee/juice and enjoy hand-made local desserts all made with honey produced in this farm for generations. Return in Athens late in the afternoon. Our services ends.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Acropolis, Acropolis Museum
- Cape Sounio & Athenian Riviera
- Plaka & Monastiraki area
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- Romantic city of Nauplio
- Peninsula Of Deep Mani
- Tower Town of Mystras
- Tower Town of Monamvasia
- Diros Cave
- Traditional Villages of Mani
- Tower Town of Viallage Vatheia
- Cape of Matapan (Tainaro)
- Ancient Olympia
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- 6 Nights accommodation with Breakfast
- Honey farm and Food tasting in Olympia
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Baby seat or booster without extra charge (upon request)
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission in archeological sites
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel city tax
All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.