- All Year.
3 Day Romantic Getaway to Spetses, Hydra & Nafplio...
The 3 day romantic getaway is the best way to explore the cosmopolitan Islands of Saronic gulf combine a visit at traditional seaside town of Nafplio, the archaeological site of "Golden City" of Mycenae and Ancient Epidaurus. Walk between the narrow streets full of traditional mansions, taste the local delicious food and feel as local during this 3 day escape from Athens. This trip is ideal for couples!
Spetses island full of attractions, local food, and preserved history all around the island. Spetses is characterized by the traditional, island architecture the well-preserved old mansions narrow streets where beautiful balconies are adjacent to each other. A romantic getaway for the day (or longer) will make you want to explore the whole island on foot, by horse-carriages. Exploring Spetses you will immediately notice its cosmopolitan character, the well-preserved old mansions with its distinctive island architecture and beautiful balconies.
Hydra Island is one of the most romantic destinations in Greece, built on a slope overlooking the Argosaronic gulf. Traditional stone mansions, narrow cobblestoned streets, secluded squares and above all the banning of cars and the use of around 500 donkeys as means of public transportation, explain the reason why Hydra preserved its distinctive atmosphere through the passage of time. Walk along the waterfront, the heart of the town, you encounter monuments, churches, canons, museums, old mansions, statues of famous heroes, shops, and cafes
DAY 1: PRIVATE TOUR TO CORINTH, MYCENAE, EPIDAURUS & NAFPLIO TOWN
- Our driver will pick you up from your Hotel at 08.30 (or from Athens airport) and we will make a short stop at the breathtaking Canal of Corinth with the amazing view of the 6 km length and 80m height! Our next stop will be at Ancient Corinth to walk at the same paths that the famous personality of Apostle Paul walked We will be at the Ancient Mycenae, the center of Greek civilization, home to the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon. Visit the Cyclopean Walls, the famous Lion’s Gate and the ‘’Atreus King Tomb’’! Afterwards, we will have our last stop at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus of the 15.000 spectators and the breathtaking acoustics. The most relaxing part of the tour is upon our arrival at the one of the most beautiful towns of Nafplio. You can have a traditional Greek lunch here and then walk next to the coast, or you can visit the Castle of the Town, with the 999 steps (!) and the amazing view, or take a taxi boat to visit the small island of Bourtzi, in the middle of the city’s harbor, the fort on the sea and Nafplio’ s trademark! After a delicious lunch in Nafplio drop you of at “Costa Port” to get a local boat to reach at Spetses Island for overnight
DAY 2: SPETSES ISLAND - HYDRA ISLAND
Spetses island full of attractions, local food, and preserved history all around the island. Spetses is characterized by the traditional, island architecture the well-preserved old mansions narrow streets where beautiful balconies are adjacent to each other. This historical island which held a major role in the independence war of 1821. In Spetses it can also been found massive pine trees which make this island not only unique. As cars are not allowed in all the main areas, this factor contributes to a peaceful feeling immersing you into a completely different environment. A romantic getaway for the day (or longer) will make you want to explore the whole island on foot or by horse-carriages. Visit the House of Bouboulina, the mansion of Hatzigiannis Mexis, The Church of Panayia Armata; this rural church was built 1824 etc. This relatively small island is ideal as all the sites are concentrated. Also, we suggest you get a traditional horse-carriage that departs from the waterfront for a lovely ride around the town. At the afternoon you will get the ferry from "Dapia port" in Spetses to the cosmopolitan island of Hydra depart at about 18.00 where you will reach after 1 hour. Overnight at Hydra
DAY 3: HYDRA ISLAND - ATHENS
- Hydra is one of the most romantic destinations in Greece, built on a slope overlooking the Argosaronic gulf. Who cares if there are barely any beaches? You can always find a slab of sunbaked rock from which to leap rock from which to dive into the clearest water in the world. Car-free and protected by a preservation order, Hydra has always been the artists' muse of the Greek Islands. Traditional stone mansions, narrow cobblestoned streets, secluded squares and above all the banning of cars and the use of around 500 donkeys as means of public transportation, explain the reason why Hydra preserved its distinctive atmosphere through the passage of time.You can walk along the waterfront, the heart of the town, where you will encounter several monuments, churches, canons, museums, traditional mansions, statues of famous heroes, shops and cafes, while picturesque winding streets lead you to neighborhoods located at the upper part of the town. At the afternoon you will take the ferry at about 18. back to Piraeus port after 2 hours, where our driver will meet you and transfer you to your hotel in Athens.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Spetses Island
- Hydra Island
- Traditional town of Nafplio
- Myceane, Epidaurus
- Canal of Corinth & Ancient Corinth
- Traditional town with narrow streets at the Islands
- Neoclassical & Traditional Buildings
- The house of Bouboulina in Spetses
- The mansion of Sotirios Anargyros in Spetses
- The museum of Spetses in Spetses
- The Church of Panayia Armata in Spetses
- The church of Ayios Nikolaos in Spetses
- Traditional horse-carriage
- Beaches full of pine forests
- 2 Night's accommodation with breakfast
- Private Tour in Corinth, Mycenae, Epidaurus, Nafplio
- Transfer to "Costa Port" a Porto Heli
- Private Transfer from Piraeus port to hotel in Athens
- Ferry tickets from / to Costa port/Spetses Island/Hydra Island/Piraeus port
- Bottled water
- Al Taxes
- Meals, personal expenses
- Tour Guides & Entrance fees
- Hotel City tax
All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- It is not needed to have tour guide during the Saronic Islands tour as it a self-guided trip
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.