- All Year.
9 Day Tour at the best of Ancient Peloponnese...
Discover the Ancient Wonders of Peloponnese and Meteora on a Customized 9-Day Tour Package in Greece. Visit UNESCO Heritage Sites in Corinth, Mycenae, Ancient Sparta, Mystras, Ancient Messene, Epicurus Apollo, Olympia, Delphi, and Meteora.
Enjoy the untamed beauty of nature with a swim at famous beaches such as "Voidokoilia" and the "smile" beaches, explore Venetian castles, and hike through hidden paths. Immerse yourself in the local culture by visiting traditional villages, hand-made product shops, and a winery for wine lovers. Experience a scenic journey with the Cog Railway in Kalavrita, going through Vouraikos Canyon, one of the most beautiful natural sights in Greece, with a special visit to the Cave of Lakes in Kalavrita. Book online now for multiple payment options and early booking discounts.
Day 1: Athens – Corinth – Cog Railway - Dimitsana
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Athens at 8 am and driven along the mainland coast to Peloponnese. Your first stop will be at the Canal of Corinth, which is 6 km in length and 80m in height. From there, you will visit Ancient Corinth, one of the beloved cities of Saint Paul, and Kechrias Port, where Apostle Paul arrived from Athens to Corinth in 52 AD. After leaving Corinth, you will take the Cog Railway at Diakopto which links Kalavrita with Diakopto and goes through Vouraikos Canyon. The little train travels through streams, climbing the fantastic narrow gorge up into the mountains, through tunnels, over waterfalls, along cliffs and through forests of pine and oleander. The journey ends at the town of Kalavryta, where your driver will meet you to continue the tour at the mysterious, magnificent, and unique "Cave of the Lakes." After visiting the cave, your day ends at the beautiful and historical Village of Dimitsana, a winter traditional village full of narrow stone streets. After checking in, you can have an excellent walking tour in the narrow streets of Dimitsana, admiring the beautiful architecture and historical sightseeing.
Day 2: Lousios Gorge & Monasteries of Prodromos & Philosophou
- After breakfast, you will leave from the hotel and drive 20 minutes to reach the start of the path that leads to the Monastery of Agios Ioannis Prodromos, which was built in the 19th century. After walking for about 20-30 minutes, you will reach the monastery and admire the wonderful view of Lousios River. The monks will help you and show you how to continue walking in the Lousios Gorge and visit the next monastery of Philosophes, one of the oldest monasteries of Greece that was built in 963 (the old monastery) and 1691 (the new one). Finally, you will reach Nafplio for overnight
Day 3: Nafplio - Mycenae - Epidaurus - Monemvasia
- After breakfast, you will visit the beautiful town of Nafplio, the first capital city of Modern Greek history. You will walk next to the coast, visit the Castle of the Town and the amazing view of the small island of Bourtzi in the middle of the city's harbor. Your next stop will be at Ancient Mycenae with the famous "Gate of Lions" and "Atreus King Tomb." Afterward, your last stop will be at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, which can seat 15,000 spectators. At the end of the tour, you will visit the second famous Tower Town of Peloponnese, Monemvassia, a mystical stone-built settlement nestled at the edge of a big rock by the sea that was founded by the Byzantines in the sixth century. You can wander around its narrow cobbled streets, the Upper and the Lower part of the town, and admire the beautifully restored stone buildings. We suggest you taste culinary delights at a fine restaurant on the roof of a tower house.of the town, and admire the beautifully restored stone buildings. We suggest you to taste culinary delights at a fine restaurant on the roof of a tower house. Overnight in Monamvasia
Day 4: Monemvasia - Mystras - Sparta:
After breakfast, we'll depart from Monemvasia and head to the nearby Byzantine town of Mystras. There, we'll explore the castle city's Upper and Lower Town, taking in the sheer grandeur and silence of this once-thriving city. Highlights will include the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios, and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa and Our Lady Perivleptos. We return Sparta, we'll visit the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta, which offers a fascinating look into the history of olive production in Greece. Afterward, we'll head to Sparta, where we'll spend the night.
Day 5: Sparta - Diros Cave - Pylos:
- We will leave Sparta and head towards Areopolis and Diros, which are famous for their marvelous subterranean caves. These caves are part of an underground river and about 5,000 meters have been exposed and made accessible by small boats and through narrow passageways. Visitors are surrounded by formations of stalagmites and stalactites. The caves served as places of worship in Paleolithic and Neolithic times, and their inhabitants believed that the caves were the entrance to the underworld. Finally, we will reach the city of Pylos, which is definitely worth a visit. You can explore the great Castle of Methoni or the Castle of Navarino. Overnight stay in Pylos.
Day 6: Pylos - Ancient Messene - Vassae - Temple of Apollo Epikurios - Olympia:
- At 08:30, we will pick you up from your hotel to take you to the spectacular archaeological site of Ancient Messene, a UNESCO monument. The city was founded in the 4th century BC by Epaminondas and is located in the Messenian valley. After exploring the site, we will leave for Vassae, which we will reach. Here, at an elevation of 1,130 meters, stands the magnificent temple of Apollo Epikurios, also known as the Temple of Epicurean Apollo. The temple is considered a universal architectural gem and was constructed by the great Ictinus. In 1986, it was recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. After visiting Vassae, we will head to Ancient Olympia, where you can check into your hotel and have some free time for yourself. Overnight in Olympia.
Day 7: Olympia - Delphi:
- At 9:00 AM, we'll pick you up from your hotel to visit the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia. This site is located in the lush valley formed by Alfios River, where the first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. During your visit, you can explore the Temple of Zeus, which was the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. The gold and ivory statue, created by Phidias and dedicated to Zeus, was housed here and considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. You'll also see the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium, and the Palestra, where the athletes used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Finally, you'll visit the stadium. After lunch, we'll continue on to Delphi for an overnight stay.
Day 8: Delphi - Meteora:
- After breakfast, we'll visit the archaeological site of Delphi, including the Ancient Oracle, Stadium, Ancient Theatre (which can seat over 5,000 spectators), and the Museum of Delphi, where you can see the "Charioteer," one of the finest bronze statues ever made. Delphi is best known for the sanctuary dedicated to Apollo and its oracle during the classical period. Then we'll head to the mountainous village of Arachova, a bustling winter destination at 1,000 meters altitude. Take a break and try the famous Arachova's formaela cheese in various forms. Driving through Central Greece, we'll arrive at Kalambaka, a small traditional town at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, in the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Overnight in Meteora.
DAY 9: METEORA - ATHENS:
- Our driver will pick you up from your Athens hotel at 09:00 for a tour of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Byzantine Monasteries of Meteora. Our first stop will be at the Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro, the biggest and oldest of the monasteries. It was built on top of a gigantic rock formation and is known as the "monastery suspended in the air." Our next stop will be at the Great Monastery of Varlaam, founded in the 16th century and perched at a height of 380m on top of a rock. After the monastery tour, we will head to the picturesque village of Kalambaka for a traditional Greek lunch. On the way back to Athens, we will make a short stop at Thermopylae, where you can see the statue of Leonidas, a memorial of the famous battle of the 300 Spartans against the Persian Empire. We will drop you off at your Athens hotel at the end of the tour.
***Travel insurance: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Read more...
- Ancient Corinth
- Journey with Cog Railway
- Village of Kalavrita
- Cave of Lakes in Kalavrita
- Mycenae - Lion gate
- Ancient Epidaurus
- Town of Nafplio
- City of Sparta
- City of Pylos
- Traditional Village of Dimitsana
- Lousios Gorge
- Monasteries of Prodromos & Philosophou
- Tower Town of Mystras
- Tower town of Monemvasia
- Caves of Diros
- The Temple of Epikourios Apollon in Vassae
- The ancient Messene
- The famous beach of "Voidokoilia"
- The Ancient Olympia
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Delphi & Delphi Museum
- Arachova village
- Photo tour at Meteora
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- 8 Nights accommodation with Breakfast
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Baby seat or booster without extra charge (upon request)
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission in archeological sites
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel city tax
All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.