All year, any time that you want.
9 Days tour Peloponnese at ancient & modern Greece...
9 day swimming safari tour at the Peloponnesian peninsula and combine visits at ancient sites of Greece such as Ancient Corinth, Argolis, Ancient Messene, Epikourios Apollon, Sparta, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora that are world heritage site by UNESCO. Walk at the old town of Momenvasia & Mystras with our 9 day customized tour Greece.
Explore the remains of the ancient city of Mycenae, stand in the orchestra of the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, and stroll in the narrow streets of the beautiful city of Nafplio, the first capital city of modern Greece.
Enjoy your journey with Cog Railway (Odontotos) which links Kalavrita with Diakopto going through Vouraikos Canyon, is one of the most beautiful natural sights and is one of the most spectacular Railway rides in Greece. Taste local products at Dimitsana village one of the most traditional village in Greece and learn everything for the life of locals!
Visit the byzantine town of Mystras that takes the visitor on a journey through time, pay a visit at Sparta, and a great Olive Oil Museum, founded in the 9th century and developed into the most powerful military city and explore the old town of Monemvassia, a perfectly preserved medieval settlement still inhabited. Visit DirosCaves, explore its marvelous caves and live a true cave experience!Visit the city of Pylos and swim at Voidokilia Beach, a beach of outstanding beauty, one of the most beautiful beaches in the Mediterranean Sea!
Visit Ancient Messene, this spectacular archaeological site of which only the 1/3 of its total size uncovered, and the temple of Epicurius Apollo located in Vassae, one of the best-preserved temples in Greece.
Join the Olympic Spirit by visiting the birthplace of the Olympic Games, Ancient Olympia that became the most important religious and athletic center in Greece! Visit the Oracle of Delphi, which is one of the most important archaeological sites of Greece, once Pythia's oracles influenced major and minor affairs around the Mediterranean.
Of course Monasteries of Meteora could not be excluded from the package. Tour at the complexes of byzantine monasteries, built on the peaks of the rocks and feel like you are between heaven and earth!
DAY 1: ATHENS – CORINTH - COG RAILWAY - NAUPLIO:
- Pick you up from your hotel at 08.30 and driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, we will have our first stop, 1 hour later, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul. We will visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul. Next stop will be at 'Kechrias Port. Around 52 AD, Apostle Paul arrived from Athens to Corinth. We leave Corinth to react at "Diakofto" to take the Cog Railway (Odontotos) at 14.00 which links Kalavrita with Diakopto going through Vouraikos Canyon, is one of the most beautiful natural sights and is one of the most spectacular Railway rides in Greece. It has been mentioned as the most beautiful train trip in Balkans. The little train travels through streams climbing the fantastic narrow gorge up into the mountains, through tunnels, over waterfalls, along cliffs and through forests of pine and oleander. When the incline gets really steep it switches from regular track to a cog system. The journey end at the town of Kalavryta. Our driver meet you there to continue the tour at the mysterious, magnificent and unique «Cave of the Lakes". A rare creation of Nature. Small and large lakes, 13 in total, with different colors each one, depending on the oxides contained in the rocks. You will see the wonderful «hanging bridge» and the «waterfalls» «falling» and you have the feeling of being on a floating corridor. Overnight in Nafplio
DAY 2: NAFPLIO - MYCENAE - EPIDAURUS - DIMITSANA:
- Pick you up from your hotel after your breakfast to explore at the one of the most beautiful towns of Greece and the first capital city at the Modern Greek history, Nafplio! You can walk next to the coast, or you can visit the Castle of the Town, with the 999 steps (!) and the amazing view, or take a taxi boat to visit the small island of Bourtzi, in the middle of the city’s harbor, the fort on the sea and Nauplio’s trademark! Our next stop will be at Ancient Mycenae with the famous ‘’Gate of Lions’’ and ‘’Atreus King Tomb’’! Afterwards, our last stop will be at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus of the 15.000 spectators. Our day ends at the beautiful and historical Village of Dimitsana that is located on two facing hills "Agia Paraskevi & "Castro" above the River Lousios. After your check in you can have an excellence walking tour in the narrow streets of Dimitsana, you will travel in its historical admiring the beautiful architecture and historical sightseeing. Visit the library and folk museum which is housed in the municipal school building and opposite the church of "Agia Kyriaki". There you see the statue of Patriarch of Constantinople Grigorios V. Do not forget to visit the open air water-power museum. Overnight in Dimitsana
DAY 3: DIMITSANA - LOUSIOS GOGRE & MONASTERIES OF PRODROMOS & PHILOSOPHOU – MONEMVASIA:
- After your breakfast we leave from the hotel and after 20 minutes' drive we reach the start of the path that leads to the Monastery of Agios Ioannis Prodromos that is built in 19th century. About after 20 -30 minutes walking you will reach the Monastery and admire the wonderful view to Lousios River under your feet! The monks will help you and show you how to continue walking in the Lousios Gorge and visit the next monastery of Philosophes, one of the oldest monasteries of Greece that was built on 963the old monastery and on 1691 the new one. Check in and free time for yourselves. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, Afterwards, we visit the second famous Tower Town of Peloponnese, Monemvasiá, a mystical stone-built settlement, nestled at the edge of a big rock by the sea, that was founded by the Byzantines in the sixth century. Peer into the history of the fortress –the so-called “Gibraltar of the East”–, which was occupied by the Byzantines, the Crusaders, the Venetians, and the Turks in the past. Taste culinary delights at a fine restaurant on the roof of a tower house. Overnight in Monemvasia
DAY 4: MONEMVASIA - MYSTRAS - SPARTA:
- After your breakfast we will leave from Monemvasia to have first visit at the nearby glory Byzantine town of Mystras. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa, and of Οur Lady Perivleptos. We continue to visit the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta, a great Museum showing the unique history of olive production in Greece. Overnight in Sparta
DAY 5: SPARTA - DIROS CAVE - PYLOS:
- We leave Saprta and we will arrive at Areopolis and Diros, famous for its marvelous subterranean caves as a part of an underground river. About 5,000 meters have been exposed and accessible by small boats and through narrow passageways and one is surrounded by formations of stalagmites and stalactites. Caves have served as places of worship in Paleolithic and Neolithic times and their inhabitant believed that the caves were the entrance to the underworld. Finnaly we will reach at the city of Pylos. It is worth to visit the great Castle of “Methoni” or the Castle of “Navarino” Overnight in Pylos
DAY 6: PYLOS - ANCIENT MESSENE - VASSAE - TEMPLE OF EPIKOURIOS APOLLON -OLYMPIA:
- 08.30 pick you up from your hotel to reach at Ancient Messene. The ancient Messene is a spectacular archaeological site, a UNESCO monument which combines diverse beauties as it is built at the one side at the Messenian valley. The city was founded on the 4th century B.C. by Epaminondas. We leave from ancient Messene to reach at Vassae (at about 15.30) in ancient Figaleia, at an elevation of 1.130 meters, stands the eternally proud temple of Apollo Epikurios. The inspiration behind its construction and the architect is considered to be the great Ictinus. This universal architectural gem was the first of the great monuments of Greece to be recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1986. The temple was built at the height of the Greek civilization in the second half of the 5th century BC (420-400 BC). We leave from Vassae to reach at Ancient Olympia. Check in at your hotel and free time for yourself. Overnight in Olympia
DAY 7: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - DELPHI:
- 09.00 pick you up from your hotel to visit the archeological site of Ancient Olympia, which lies in the lush valley formed by Alfios River, where the first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. You can also visit the Temple of Zeus, the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Phedias had created the gold and ivory statue, dedicated to Zeus, which was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world. Then see the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra, where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Finally you will visit the stadium. After lunch, we continue to reach in Delphi for overnight.
DAY 8: DELPHI - METEORA:
- After your breakfast, we will visit the archaeological site of Delphi. We will visit the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre which can host more than 5000 seated spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ‘’Charioteer’’, one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Continuing we will depart to reach the village of Arachova, the most bustling winter destination in Greece, a mountainous village at 1000 meters altitude. Discover the traditional character of the village by taking a coffee or lunch break. Don’t forget to try the famous, traditional cheese, Arachova’s formaela, in various forms. Departing from Arachova and driving through Central Greece, and the city of Trikala, where we are going to make a quick stop, we will arrive in Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Overnight in Meteora.
DAY 9: METEORA - ATEHNS:
- Our driver pick you up from your hotel at 09:00 in order to visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora that are included in the UNESCO world heritage monument list. We are having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro which is the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit the great monastery of Varlaam, founded on the 16th century and located on the top of a rock at 380m height! This wonderful tour will be completed at the picturesque village of Kalambaka, where you will have a traditional Greek lunch! Afterwards, return to Athens with a short stop at Thermopiles, where you can admire the statue of Leonidas as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of soldiers of the Persian Empir. Drop you off at your hotel in Athens
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Ancient Corinth
- Journey with Cog Railway
- Village of Kalavryta
- Cave of Lakes in Kalavryta
- Mycenae - Lion gate
- Ancient Epidaurus
- Twon of Nafplio
- City of Sparta
- City of Pylos
- Traditional Village of Dimitsana
- Lousios Gogre
- Monasteries of Prodromos & Philosophou
- Tower Town of Mystras
- Towertown of Monemvasia
- Caves of Diros
- The Temple of Epikourios Apollon in Vassae
- The ancient Messene
- The famous beach of "Voidokoilia"
- The Ancient Olympia
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Delphi & Delphi Museum
- Arachova village
- Photo tour at Meteora
- English speaking Driver
- Transportation with private car or Mini Van
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- 8 Night's accommodation as follows:
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Nauplio
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Dimitsana
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Monemvasia
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Sparta
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Pylos
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Olympia
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Delphi
- 1 Nights Accommodation in Meteora
- Daily breakfast
- Tour Leader at the Cave of Lakes in Kalavryta
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- All Taxes
- Entrance fee at Archaeological site
- Meals and personal expenes
- Official Tour Guide
- Hotel City tax
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 3 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card
- b/ Require more information
- c/ Pay now only 30% as payment in advance in order your tour to be confirmed
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
You have the choice, as shown below, in order to have a tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- You can book a local tour guide in each site you will visit
- You can book an escort with good knowledge that will provide his services and guide you until you enter archaeological sites and museums
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicle
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
Our driver will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and he will help you with your baggage, and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues
- We provide you 4* star hotels and 3* stars hotels. You can ask for an upgrade in 5* stars hotels
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depending on the availability and the time that you will make the booking. In any case we will book hotels at the same level
- If you want to extend your stay, we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 5 euros per room per day for 5*star hotels - Paid at the hotel.
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 until 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 until 19.30
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 10 euro / person tickets to Cog Railway
- 9 euro / person for the Cave of Lakes in kalavryta
- 8 euro / person for the ancient Messene
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / persons for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 12 euro / person for the Diros Cave
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.