- All Year.
9 Day Tour at the best of Ancient Peloponnese...
9 Day customized tour package at the ancient sites of the Peloponnesian peninsula, Greece to visit Monemvasia, Ancient Sparta, Mystras, Ancient Messene, Epicurus Apollo & the peninsula of Mani. You will visit the Venetian castles and hidden paths through untamed nature & you will enjoy a swim at the famous beaches of Peloponnese such as “Voidokoilia’’; the "smile" beaches!
The main focus of this tour package is the to visit UNESCO’s sites (Corinth, Mycenae, Ancient Sparta & Mystras, Ancient Messene, Epicurus Apollo, Olympia, Delphi & Meteora) combining leisure time at the beaches of the Peloponnese coastline. You will get to know everything about the everyday life of the locals, you will visit traditional villages where you can buy hand-made products & have a special visit at a winery for wine lovers. Moreover you will enjoy the journey with the Cog Railway in Kalavrita, going through Vouraikos Canyon, one of the most beautiful natural sights in Greece, with special visit at the cave of Lakes in Kalavrita. Book online this 9 day vacation package around Peloponnese with multiple means of payments and early booking discounts
DAY 1: ATHENS – CORINTH - COG RAILWAY - NAUPLIO:
- Pick you up from your hotel at 08.30 and driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, we will have our first stop, 1 hour later, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul. Next stop will be at 'Kechrias Port. Around 52 AD, Apostle Paul arrived from Athens to Corinth. We leave Corinth to react at "Diakofto" to take the Cog Railway (Odontotos) at 14.00 which links Kalavrita with Diakopto going through Vouraikos Canyon, is one of the most beautiful natural sights and is one of the most spectacular Railway rides in Greece. It has been mentioned as the most beautiful train trip in Balkans. The little train travels through streams climbing the fantastic narrow gorge up into the mountains, through tunnels, over waterfalls, along cliffs and through forests of pine and oleander. The journey end at the town of Kalavryta. Our driver meet you there to continue the tour at the mysterious, magnificent and unique «Cave of the Lakes". A rare creation of Nature. Small and large lakes, 13 in total, with different colors each one, depending on the oxides contained in the rocks. Overnight in Nafplio
DAY 2: NAFPLIO - MYCENAE - EPIDAURUS - DIMITSANA:
- Pick you up from your hotel after your breakfast to explore at the one of the most beautiful towns of Greece and the first capital city at the Modern Greek history, Nafplio! You will walk next to the coast, you will visit the Castle of the Town and the amazing view to the small island of Bourtzi, in the middle of the city’s harbor. Our next stop will be at Ancient Mycenae with the famous ‘’Gate of Lions’’ and ‘’Atreus King Tomb’’! Afterwards, our last stop will be at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus of the 15.000 spectators. Our day ends at the beautiful and historical Village of Dimitsana a winter traditional village full of narrow stone streets. After your check in you can have an excellence walking tour in the narrow streets of Dimitsana, you will travel in its historical admiring the beautiful architecture and historical sightseeing. Visit the library and folk museum which is housed in the municipal school building and opposite the church of "Agia Kyriaki". Do not forget to visit the open-air water-power museum. Overnight in Dimitsana
DAY 3: DIMITSANA - LOUSIOS GORGE & MONASTERIES OF PRODROMOS & PHILOSOPHOU – MONEMVASIA:
- After your breakfast we leave from the hotel and after 20 minutes' drive we reach the start of the path that leads to the Monastery of Agios Ioannis Prodromos that is built in 19th century. About after 20 -30 minutes walking you will reach the Monastery and admire the wonderful view to Lousios River under your feet! The monks will help you and show you how to continue walking in the Lousios Gorge and visit the next monastery of Philosophes, one of the oldest monasteries of Greece that was built on 963the old monastery and on 1691 the new one. Check in and free time for yourselves. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, Afterwards, we visit the second famous Tower Town of Peloponnese, Monemvasiá, a mystical stone-built settlement, nestled at the edge of a big rock by the sea, that was founded by the Byzantines in the sixth century. Peer into the history of the fortress –the so-called “Gibraltar of the East”–, which was occupied by the Byzantines, the Crusaders, the Venetians, and the Turks in the past. Taste culinary delights at a fine restaurant on the roof of a tower house. Overnight in Monemvasia
DAY 4: MONEMVASIA - MYSTRAS - SPARTA:
- After your breakfast we will leave from Monemvasia to have first visit at the nearby glory Byzantine town of Mystras. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa, and of Οur Lady Perivleptos. We continue to visit the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta, a great Museum showing the unique history of olive production in Greece. Overnight in Sparta
DAY 5: SPARTA - DIROS CAVE - PYLOS:
- We leave Sparta and we will arrive at Areopolis and Diros, famous for its marvelous subterranean caves as a part of an underground river. About 5,000 meters have been exposed and accessible by small boats and through narrow passageways and one is surrounded by formations of stalagmites and stalactites. Caves have served as places of worship in Paleolithic and Neolithic times and their inhabitant believed that the caves were the entrance to the underworld. Finally we will reach at the city of Pylos. It is worth to visit the great Castle of “Methoni” or the Castle of “Navarino” Overnight in Pylos
DAY 6: PYLOS - ANCIENT MESSENE - VASSAE - TEMPLE OF EPIKOURIOS APOLLON -OLYMPIA:
- 08.30 pick you up from your hotel to reach at Ancient Messene. The ancient Messene is a spectacular archaeological site, a UNESCO monument which combines diverse beauties as it is built at the one side at the Messenian valley. The city was founded on the 4th century B.C. by Epaminondas. We leave from ancient Messene to reach at Vassae (at about 15.30) in ancient Figaleia, at an elevation of 1.130 meters, stands the eternally proud temple of Apollo Epikurios. The inspiration behind its construction and the architect is considered to be the great Ictinus. This universal architectural gem was the first of the great monuments of Greece to be recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1986. The temple was built at the height of the Greek civilization in the second half of the 5th century BC (420-400 BC). We leave from Vassae to reach at Ancient Olympia. Check in at your hotel and free time for yourself. Overnight in Olympia
DAY 7: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - DELPHI:
- 09.00 pick you up from your hotel to visit the archeological site of Ancient Olympia, which lies in the lush valley formed by Alfios River, where the first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. You can also visit the Temple of Zeus, the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Phedias had created the gold and ivory statue, dedicated to Zeus, which was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world. Then see the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra, where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Finally you will visit the stadium. After lunch, we continue to reach in Delphi for overnight.
DAY 8: DELPHI - METEORA:
- After your breakfast, we will visit the archaeological site of Delphi. We will visit the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre which can host more than 5000 seated spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ‘’Charioteer’’, one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Continuing we will depart to reach the village of Arachova, the most bustling winter destination in Greece, a mountainous village at 1000 meters altitude. Discover the traditional character of the village by taking a coffee or lunch break. Don’t forget to try the famous, traditional cheese, Arachova’s formaela, in various forms. Departing from Arachova and driving through Central Greece, and the city of Trikala, where we are going to make a quick stop, we will arrive in Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Overnight in Meteora.
DAY 9: METEORA - ATEHNS:
- Our driver pick you up from your hotel at 09:00 in order to visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora that are included in the UNESCO world heritage monument list. We are having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro which is the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit the great monastery of Varlaam, founded on the 16th century and located on the top of a rock at 380m height! This wonderful tour will be completed at the picturesque village of Kalambaka, where you will have a traditional Greek lunch! Afterwards, return to Athens with a short stop at Thermopiles, where you can admire the statue of Leonidas as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of soldiers of the Persian Empire. Drop you off at your hotel in Athens
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Ancient Corinth
- Journey with Cog Railway
- Village of Kalavrita
- Cave of Lakes in Kalavrita
- Mycenae - Lion gate
- Ancient Epidaurus
- Town of Nafplio
- City of Sparta
- City of Pylos
- Traditional Village of Dimitsana
- Lousios Gorge
- Monasteries of Prodromos & Philosophou
- Tower Town of Mystras
- Tower town of Monemvasia
- Caves of Diros
- The Temple of Epikourios Apollon in Vassae
- The ancient Messene
- The famous beach of "Voidokoilia"
- The Ancient Olympia
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Delphi & Delphi Museum
- Arachova village
- Photo tour at Meteora
- English speaking Driver
- Transportation with private car or Mini Van
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- 8 Night's hotel accommodation with breakfast
- Tour Leader at the Cave of Lakes in Kalavryta
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- All Taxes
- Entrance fee at Archaeological site
- Official Tour Guide
- Hotel City tax
All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.