- All Year.
6 Day Little trains tour Greece, Mountain of Centaurs...
Little train tour of Pelion, the Cog railway Diakopto-Kalavryta and the Katakolon Train. You will be amazed by the little train’s fascinating atmosphere and the mythical tales of Mt. Pelion, the mountain of Centaurs the natural paradise and the summer habitat of the twelve gods of Olympus all combined in a single magical journey!......
You will get on the train and travel to Kalavryta through Vouraikos Canyon with an amazing tour, which is one of the most beautiful natural sights and one of the most spectacular railway rides in Greece. Then you will continue the tour to the mysterious, magnificent and unique "Cave of the Lakes", a rare creation of Nature admiring strange stalactite formations, wonderful hanging bridge and waterfalls. The little train departing from ancient Olympia where the first ever Olympic Games took place in 776 BC to honor the Olympian Zeus takes you to Katakolo a small scenic harbor and a beautiful tourist attraction.
We will have tour in Delphi the center of the world & the picturesque architecture of Arachova and to get excited about Meteora, the ageless monasteries standing between Earth and Sky.
With the above we will visit the beauties of the Peloponnese, the Ancient Corinth, the ancient theater of Epidaurus, Nafplio & the famous ancient town of Mycenae.
DAY 1: ATHENS - CORINTH - CAVE OF LAKES KALAVRYTA- JOURNEY WITH COF RAILWAY- NAUPLIO:
- Our driver will picks you up from your hotel to our first stop, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). Next stop in Ancient Corinth: We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul. Then we will arrive at "Diakofto" to take the Cog Railway (Odontotos) which links Kalavrita with Diakopto through Vouraikos Canyon; one of the most beautiful natural sights and of the most spectacular railway rides in Greece. It has been mentioned as the most beautiful train trip in Balkans. The little train travels through streams climbing the fantastic narrow gorge up into the mountains, through tunnels, over waterfalls, along cliffs and through forests of pine and oleander. The journey ends at the town of Kalavryta.
Our driver will meet you there to continue the tour at the mysterious, magnificent and unique "Cave of the Lakes", a rare creation of Nature. Consisted of 13 in total Small and large lakes, with different colors each one, depending on the oxides contained in the rocks. You will see the wonderful «hanging bridge» and the «waterfalls» «falling» that will cause you the feeling a floating corridor. Also you will admire strange stalactite formations. In winter when the snow melts, the cave is transformed into a subterranean river with natural waterfalls. We have a stop for lunch at the picturesque village of Kalavrita. Our day ends in Nafplio. Overnight in Nafplio
DAY 2: NAUPLIO - MYCENAE - EPIDAURUS - OLYMPIA:
- After your breakfast, we will have a panoramic tour in Nafplio and you will have time to visit Palamidi castle with amazing view, which you can reach by climbing 999 steps (!), or to take a small boat and visit ''Bourtzi',' the fortress at the entrance of the harbor. Then, we will leave for Epidaurus and we will visit the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, famous for the breathtaking acoustics that is still functioning today! Next visit will be at the famous ancient town of Mycenae and the Archaeological site - the Lion Gate, the Cyclopean Walls, the Royal Palace and the tomb of Agamemnon. Leave Argolis to reach at Ancient Olympia for Overnight.
DAY 3: ANCIENT OLYMPIA – LITTLE TRAIN TO KATAKOLON - DELPHI:
- Today we will visit the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, where the first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. The temple of Zeus is located there which is the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece, one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world. You will also visit the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games.
You will get the little train for a wonderful journey from Olympia to Katakolon lasts for approximately 45 minutes. It’s a beautiful and extremely popular route to reach at the small scenic harbor of Katakolo is the main heaven of Pyrgos and a beautiful tourist attraction. Small forested hills surround the port of Katakolo, which is a popular stop for cruise ships on tours of the Mediterranean and the Ionian Sea. Enjoy the coffee next to the sea! Leaving Katakolon, we will cross over the amazing bridge of Rion – Antirion, one of the biggest bridges in Europe. Then we will head to Naupactus, a beautiful seaside small town, where you can visit the Venetian Castle, the Venetian Port, and after lunch we will reach at Delphi for overnight.
DAY 4: DELPHI - METEORA:
- After your breakfast, our driver will drive you at Delphi: A History of the Centre of the Ancient World. Delphi in the 6th century B.C. was the religious center and symbol of unity of the ancient Greek world. You will visit the tholos of the sanctuary of Athena Pronaia, Ancient theatre of Delphi, Treasury of the Athenians, Ancient gymnasium of Delphi,You will see the Castalian Spring fountain was the sacred source of Delphi, and its water played an important role in the cult and procedure of the temple and of the oracle.
The temple of Apollo, the most important building in the sanctuary of Apollo at Delphi (the center of the earth). It was also the place from which the Pythia, the oracle priestess spoke. Apollo was the "seer" the Pythia was a vessel through whom Apollo spoke. Finally, we will visit the Archaeological Museum of Delphi, one of the most important in Greece, exhibits the history of the Delphic sanctuary. We have lunch in Delphi area or at the traditional Village of Arachova, where you can taste the traditional cheese, Arachova’s formaela, in various forms, before we depart for Meteora.Overnight Meteora.
DAY 5: METEORA – PELION (Portaria) :
- Visit Meteora enjoying a unique and implosive scenery of ageless monasteries, containing priceless historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks. We are going to visit the first great monastery of Varlaam, founded on the 16th century and located on the top of a rock at 380m height!
Our second visit will be at the Monastery of St. Stephan, of the 15th century, also built on the top of the top of another huge rock where you will admire a small treasure of Byzantine and Christian items at the museum inside the monastery! At the end of your visit we will head to mount Pelion, the summer habitat of the twelve gods of Olympus and visit Portaria one of the traditionsl villages of the complex. Pelion is a place of indescribable beauty and irresistibly attractive. Mt Pelion allures all the visitors.
With a breath-taking view over the endless sea, settlements that are architectural gems, and an ancient culture, it welcomes myriads of visitors every year. Lush vegetation and an extensive network of mountain paths enable the visitor to wander through a bewitching land, still echoing to the legendary Centaurs.
Check in and then have free time to explore the village. You can stroll around and explore the incredibly dense network of cobblestone trails and enjoy the taverns with delicious food. We strongly suggest to following the Centaurs Path starting from the very central part of the village marked with red circles on stones. The path leads you to breathtaking landscapes of fountain high trees and rich nature. Overnight in Pelion (Portaria).
DAY 6: PELION – LITTLE TRAIN ANO LECHONIA – MILIES – ATHENS:
- After breakfast we will head to Ano Lechonia in order to take the little train departing at 10:00 to get to Milies after about 90 min and 15km. The train’s only intermediate stop is at the Ano Gatzea station. Up until Milies, the route is filled with natural beauty and features numerous architectural landmarks, especially arched bridges, tunnel entries and retaining walls. Here one can marvel at the church of Taxiarhes, which had been constructed before 1741 and the library which is one of the oldest in Greece or visit the museum of folk art. It is said that the cave of Centaur Chiron can be found in the village of Milies on Mt Pelion. Later we return to Athens passing by the small towns of Domokos, Kamena Vourla, at the seaside and Thermopiles where the statue of Leonidas is on display as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. Our driver will drop you off at your hotel late in the afternoon.
** The train Ano lechonia – Milies only operates at weekends and selected dates. If the train doesn’t operate, we will tour mount Pelion and visit its villages by car or we will modify the tour accordingly
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insuranc
- Canal of Corinth
- Little Train of odontotos (Diakofto - kalavryta)
- Village of Kalavryta
- Cave of Lakes
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Romantic city Nafplio
- Ancient Mycenae
- Ancient Olympia
- Little Train from Olympia to Katsakolon village
- City of Naupaktos
- Delphi & Museum
- Village of Arachova
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Sunset Tour to Meteora
- Little Train from Ano Lechonia to Milies Village
- Portaria (traditional Village of Pelion)
- Thermopiles & The statue of Leonidas
- English speaking Driver
- Transportation with private car or Mini Van
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- 5 Night's accommodation with breakfast
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- 24H Ground support
- All Taxes
- Train tickets & Entrance fees
- Official Tour Guide
- Hotel City tax
All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.