All year, any time that you want.
6 Day Little Train Tour Greece, Pelion, Delphi, Meteora...
Little train tour of Pelion, the Cog railway Diakopto-Kalavryta and the Katakolon Train. You will be amazed by the little train’s fascinating atmosphere and the mythical tales of Mt. Pelion, the mountain of Centaurs the natural paradise and the summer habitat of the twelve gods of Olympus all combined in a single magical journey!......
You will get on the train and travel to Kalavryta through Vouraikos Canyon with an amazing tour, which is one of the most beautiful natural sights and one of the most spectacular railway rides in Greece. Then you will continue the tour to the mysterious, magnificent and unique "Cave of the Lakes", a rare creation of Nature admiring strange stalactite formations, wonderful hanging bridge and waterfalls. The little train departing from ancient Olympia where the first ever Olympic Games took place in 776 BC to honor the Olympian Zeus takes you to Katakolo a small scenic harbor and a beautiful tourist attraction.
We will have tour in Delphi the center of the world & the picturesque architecture of Arachova and to get excited about Meteora, the ageless monasteries standing between Earth and Sky.
With the above we will visit the beauties of the Peloponnese, the Ancient Corinth, the ancient theater of Epidaurus, Nafplio & the famous ancient town of Mycenae.
DAY 1: ATHENS - CORINTH - CAVE OF LAKES KALAVRYTA- JOURNEY WITH COF RAILWAY- NAUPLIO:
- First stop at Canal of Corinth: Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 09.00 o’clock and driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, an hour later, we will make our first stop, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). Next stop in Ancient Corinth: We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul. We will have the chance to visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul or Galionas, a large elevated rostrum standing prominently in the center of the Roman Forum of ancient Corinth. Next stop Cog Railway: Then we will arrive at "Diakofto" to take the Cog Railway (Odontotos) which links Kalavrita with Diakopto through Vouraikos Canyon; one of the most beautiful natural sights and of the most spectacular railway rides in Greece. It has been mentioned as the most beautiful train trip in Balkans. The little train travels through streams climbing the fantastic narrow gorge up into the mountains, through tunnels, over waterfalls, along cliffs and through forests of pine and oleander. The journey ends at the town of Kalavryta. Next stop Cave of Lakes: Our driver will meet you there to continue the tour at the mysterious, magnificent and unique "Cave of the Lakes", a rare creation of Nature. Consisted of 13 in total Small and large lakes, with different colors each one, depending on the oxides contained in the rocks. You will see the wonderful «hanging bridge» and the «waterfalls» «falling» that will cause you the feeling a floating corridor. Also you will admire strange stalactite formations. In winter when the snow melts, the cave is transformed into a subterranean river with natural waterfalls.Next stop Vilalge of Kalavryta: We have a stop for lunch at the picturesque village of Kalavrita. Our day ends in Nafplio. Overnight in Nafplio
DAY 2: NAUPLIO - MYCENAE - EPIDAURUS - OLYMPIA:
- First stop Nafplio: After your breakfast, you will have time to visit either Palamidi castle, which you can reach by climbing 999 steps (!), or to take a small boat and visit ''Bourtzi',' the fortress at the entrance of the harbor.,Next stop Ancient Epidaurus: Then, we will leave for Epidaurus and we will visit the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, famous for the breathtaking acoustics that is still functioning today! ,Next stop Mycenae: After this, we will head back to Nafplio to have lunch (optional), and then we will leave for the famous ancient town of Mycenae and the Archaeological site - the Lion Gate, the Cyclopean Walls, the Royal Palace and the tomb of Agamemnon. Next stop Olympia: Finally we will reach at Ancient Olympia for Overnight.
DAY 3: ANCIENT OLYMPIA – LITTLE TRAIN TO KATAKOLON - DELPHI:
- At 09.00 o’clock we will visit the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, where the first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. The temple of Zeus is located there which is the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Dedicated to Zeus, in which in antiquity was hosted one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world. You will also visit the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. You will get the little train for a wonderful journey from Olympia to Katakolon lasts for approximately 45 minutes. It’s a beautiful and extremely popular route, both amongst the international visitors from cruise ships and Greek travelers that prefer the train for their transports. The small scenic harbor of Katakolo is the main heaven of Pyrgos and a beautiful tourist attraction. The Museum of Ancient Greek Technology holds approximately 150 models of mechanisms and inventions of the ancient world from 2000 BC until 100 AD and is definitely worth a visit. Small forested hills surround the port of Katakolo, which is a popular stop for cruise ships on tours of the Mediterranean and the Ionian Sea. Enjoy the coffee next to the sea! Leaving Katakolon, we will cross over the amazing bridge of Rion – Antirion, one of the biggest bridges in Europe. Then we will head to Naupactus, a beautiful seaside small town, where you can visit the Venetian Castle, the Venetian Port, and after lunch we will reach at Delphi for overnight.
DAY 4: DELPHI - METEORA:
- After your breakfast, our driver will drive you at the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre, with a capacity that exceeds 5,000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi. Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Afterwards, we can visit the traditional winter village of Arachova and have a coffee or lunch break. Depart from Arachova and driving through Central Greece we arrive in Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Overnight Meteora.
DAY 5: METEORA – PELION (Portaria) :
- Visit Meteora enjoying a unique and imposive scenery of ageless monasteries, containing priceless historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks. We are going to visit the first great monastery of Varlaam, founded on the 16th century and located on the top of a rock at 380m height! Our second visit will be at the Monastery of St. Stephan, of the 15th century, also built on the top of the top of another huge rock where you will admire a small treasure of Byzantine and Christian items at the museum inside the monastery! At the end of your visit we will head to mount Pelion, the summer habitat of the twelve gods of Olympus and visit Portaria one of the traditionsl villages of the complex. Pelion is a place of indescribable beauty and irresistibly attractive. Mt Pelion allures all the visitors. With a breath-taking view over the endless sea, settlements that are architectural gems, and an ancient culture, it welcomes myriads of visitors every year. Lush vegetation and an extensive network of mountain paths enable the visitor to wander through a bewitching land, still echoing to the legendary Centaurs.Check in and then have free time to explore the village. You can stroll around and explore the incredibly dense network of cobblestone trails and enjoy the taverns with delicious food.. We strongly suggest to follow the Centaurs Path starting from the very central part of the village marked with red circles on stones. The path leads you to breathtaking landscapes of fountain high trees and rich nature. Overnight in Pelion (Portaria).
DAY 6: PELION – LITTLE TRAIN ANO LECHONIA – MILIES – ATHENS:
- After breakfast at 09:00 we will head to Ano Lechonia in order to take the little train departing at 10:00 to get to Milies after about 90 min and 15km. The train’s only intermediate stop is at the Ano Gatzea station for 15. Up until Milies, the route is filled with natural beauty and features numerous architectural landmarks, especially arched bridges, tunnel entries and retaining walls. Here one can marvel at the church of Taxiarhes, which had been constructed before 1741 and the library which is one of the oldest in Greece or visit the museum of folk art. It is said that the cave of Centaur Chiron can be found in the village of Milies on Mt Pelion. Later we return to Athens passing by the small towns of Domokos, Kamena Vourla, at the seaside and Thermopiles where the statue of Leonidas is on display as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. Our driver will drop you off at your hotel late in the afternoon.
** The train Ano lechonia – Milies only operates at weekends and selected dates. If the train doesn’t operate, we will tour mount Pelion and visit its villages by car or we will modify the tour accordingly
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insuranc
- Canal of Corinth
- Little Train of odontotos (Diakofto - kalavryta)
- Village of Kalavryta
- Cave of Lakes
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Romantic city Nauplio
- Ancient Mycenae
- Ancient Olympia
- Little Train from Olympia to katakolon village
- City of Naupaktos
- Delphi & Museum
- Village of Arachova
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Sunset Tour to Meteora
- Little Train from Ano Lechonia to Milies Village
- Portaria (traditionla Village of Pelion)
- Thermopiles & The statue of Leonidas
- English speaking Driver
- Transportation with private car or Mini Van
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- 5 Night's accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- All Taxes
- Entrance fee at Archaeological site
- Meals and personal expenes
- Official Tour Guide
- Hotel City tax
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 3 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card
- b/ Require more information
- c/ Pay now only 30% as payment in advance in order your tour to be confirmed
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
You have the choice, as shown below, in order to have a tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- You can book a local tour guide in each site you will visit
- You can book an escort with good knowledge that will provide his services and guide you until you enter archaeological sites and museums
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicle
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
Our driver will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and he will help you with your baggage, and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues
- We provide you 4* star hotels and 3* stars hotels. You can ask for an upgrade in 5* stars hotels
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depending on the availability and the time that you will make the booking. In any case we will book hotels at the same level
- If you want to extend your stay, we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 5 euros per room per day for 5*star hotels - Paid at the hotel.
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 until 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 until 19.30
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / persons for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 4 euro / person for Diros Caves
- 3 euro / person per Monastery
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.