- All Year.
3 Day Tour in Mycenae, Olympia & Messene...
3-day custom tour package Peloponnese to visit Mycenae, Ancient Epidaurus, stop at canal of Corinth the romantic city of Nafplio, and then go ahead to Vassae, The Temple of Epikourios Apollon, Ancient Messene and finally Ancient Olympia. Book Online now at the best prices!!
Visit Peloponnese that has been the main field of action for Greece since the prehistoric times that hosts the most important archaeological sites of Greece, including Olympia, Epidaurus and Mycenae! Admire the Peloponnese scenery as you travel experiencing our chauffeured cervices! Visit Epidaurus, known for the theater dated back to 4th century BC, famous for the breathtaking acoustics that is still functioning today. Explore the remains of the ancient city of Mycenae, the center of Greek civilization. Visit the first capital city of Greece, the romantic city of Nafplio, and visit Palamidi castle, one of the most beautiful castles in Greece and the small island of Bourtzi. Visit the spectacular archaeological site of Ancient Messene, of which only the 1/3 of its total size uncovered, and the temple of Epicurius Apollo located in Vassae, one of the best-preserved temples in Greece. Visit ancient Olympia, which lies in the lush valley formed by Alfios River, the homeland of the first Olympic Games and embrace the Olympic spirit! Choose this classical tour in Greece and experience our private guided tours!
DAY 1: ATHENS - MYCENAE - ANCIENT EPIDAURUS - NAFPLIO:
- We depart from Athens at 09.00 and driving along the mainland coast from Athens to Peloponnese, we are having our first stop for photos or for a coffee, one hour later at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). The next site that we will visit is the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, one of the best Ancient Theatres worldwide with amazing acoustic. Then, we will visit the archaeological site of ancient Mycenae, a town with great power during the ancient years, where you can visit the famous “Gate of Lions” and the “Atreus King Tomb”. Our next destination is the seaside town of Nafplio, one of the most romantic towns of Greece that was the first capital city of Modern Greece. We will have time for lunch at one of the traditional local restaurants, and to explore the narrow streets of the beautiful city of Nafplio. You can also visit the Castle that has 999 stairs from the town to the fortress, or you can take a taxi boat to visit the fort in the small island of Bourtzi, located in the middle of the city’s harbor! Overnight in Nafplio.
DAY 2: ANCIENT MESSENE - VASSAE - TEMPLE OF EPIKOURIOS APOLLON -OLYMPIA:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 08:30 to reach at Ancient Messene at about 11.30. The ancient Messene is a spectacular archaeological site, a UNESCO monument which combines diverse beauties as it is built at the one side at the Messenian valley. The city was founded on the 4th century B.C. by Epaminondas. We leave from ancient Messene at about 13.30 to reach at Vassae at about 15.30 (ancient Figaleia). At an elevation of 1.130 meters, stands the eternally proud temple of Apollo Epikurios. The inspiration behind its construction and the architect is considered to be the great Ictinus. This universal architectural gem was the first of the great monuments of Greece to be recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1986. The temple was built at the height of the Greek civilization in the second half of the 5th century BC (420-400 BC). We leave from Vassae at about 14.30 to reach at Ancient Olympia at 18.00. Check in at your hotel and free time for yourselves. Overnight in Olympia.
DAY 3: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - ATHENS:
- Our driver will pick you up at 09.00 from your hotel to visit the archeological site of Ancient Olympia, which lies in the lush valley formed by Alfios River, where the first ever Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. You will also visit the Temple of Zeus, the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Dedicated to Zeus, the temple was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world. Then see the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra, where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Finally you will visit the stadium, where the marble starting blocks are still in position. Olympia became the most important religious and athletic center in Greece. Its fame rests upon the Olympic Games, the greatest national festival and a highly prestigious one world-wide, which was held every four years to honor Zeus. We will make a stop for lunch and early in the afternoon you will return in Athens
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- Romantic city of Nauplio
- The Island of Bourtzi in Nafplio
- Castle that has 999 stairs in Nafplio
- Ancient Olympia
- Ancient Messene
- The Temple of Epikourios Apollon
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- 2 Nights accommodation with Breakfast
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Baby seat or booster without extra charge (upon request)
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission in Archeological sites
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.