- All year in Specific dates, please check the availability via the reservation form before making the online booking
9 Day Group Tour in Ancient Greece & Tour in Zakynthos...
A unique 9 day group vacation package Greece that will allow you to admire the cultural beauty of Classical Greece (Mycenae, Nafplio, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora), tour in Acropolis, Cape Sounio and the natural beauty of Zakynthos Island with Professional & knowledge tour guides. This tour operated by first class shared bus!
Get a good taste of Classical Greece by visiting “jewels” of the UNESCO’s World Heritage list, such as the Acropolis of Athens, the Acropolis of Mycenae, the Sanctuary of Asklepios at Epidaurus, the sites of Olympia (where the first ever Olympic Games took place), Delphi (with the Sanctuary of Apollo) and the Meteora monasteries complex.
Then, take a short break at the mesmerizing crystal-clear waters of Zakynthos Island and relax in the sandy beaches, visit the stunning Blue Caves and the Navagio Shipwreck, take unique photos of turtles at a close distance as you sail through the coast of Zakynthos on a glass-bottomed boat! Book online the best classical group tour in Ancient Greece & Zakynthos with multiple payment options!
DAY 1: ARRIVAL DAY:
- Meet and assist at Athens airport and transfer to your hotel in Athens. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 2: ATHENS - ARGOLIS - (MYCENAE- EPIDAURUS - NAFPLIO) - ANCIENT OLYMPIA:
- Our bus will pick you up from your hotel and will drive the coastal road to the Corinth Canal, where a short stop will be made to take pictures of the Corinth Canal (until 2004, the bridge over the canal was the only way leading into the Peloponese Penninsula). Continue your drive to Epidaurus where you will visit the Sanctuary of Asklepios and Theater of Epidauros, famous for its remarkable acoustics. We will, then proceed to the town of Nafplion (the first capital city of the Modern Greek state) where you will stroll the narrow, cobble-stoned roads of the Old Town. Our next stop will be Mycenae where you will visit the Acropolis of Mycenae (once home to the Atreides family) and the Tomb of Agamemnon. Our tour will conclude in Olympia after passing through Central Peloponnese and the towns of Tripolis and Megalopolis. Overnight in Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic Games. Dinner and overnight in Olympia.
DAY 3: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - DELPHI:
- In the morning you will visit the Archaeological Site of Ancient Olympia with the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the Ancient Stadium (where the Olympic Games were hold from 776 BC until 393 AD) and the Archaeological Museum houses plastic art masterpieces like the Hermes of Praxiteles and the Nike (Victory) of Paionios. Driving through the plains of Eliad and Achaia, we will cross the magnificent bridge that connects Peloponnese (town of Rion) with mainland Greece (town of Antirion), which was built in 2004 and became the second connection point between the two regions. Passing the picturesque towns of Naupactus (Lepanto) and Itea, we will arrive at the village of Delphi. Dinner and overnight in Delphi.
DAY 4: DELPHI - METEORA:
After your breakfast, we will visit Delphi site (considered by ancient Greeks to be “the navel of the Earth) with its Oracle, the Stadium (where the Pytheia Games were held and considered as sacred as the Olympic Games held in Olympia), the Ancient Theatre where could seat more than 5000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ''Charioteer'', one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. After departing Delphi, we will reach Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic rocky formation called Meteora (“suspended rocks), with the 6 Meteora Monasteries nested at the top of these rocks. Dinner and overnight in Meteora.
DAY 5: METEORA - ATHENS:
In the morning, we will visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora that are included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. Meteora is a rock formation in central Greece hosting one of the largest and most precipitously built complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries, second in importance only to Mount Athos. The six (of an original twenty-four) monasteries are built on immense natural pillars and hill-like rounded boulders that dominate the local area. We will pay an inside visit to two of these monasteries, before we return to Athens, via Trikala, Lamia, and Thermopylae. In Thermopylae, we will make a brief stop at the statue of the Spartan King Leonidas, which stands as a memorial of his battle with his fellow 300 Spartan warriors (supported by 700 Thespian warriors) against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Emperor Xerxes, in 480 BC. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 6: ATHENS SIGHTSEEING & CAPE SOUNIO TOUR WITH LUNCH:
- In the morning, we will start our Athens City Tour with a bus tour of the city, admiring among others the Parliament, the University, the Library, the Presidential Residence (Ex-King Residence) with the traditional presidential Guards, the Panathinaic Stadium (where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896) and the Temple of Zeus before we proceed on foot to visit the Acropolis and the New Acropolis Museum. After lunch, we will drive to Cape Sounio to visit the second most popular sightseeing of Athens, the Temple of God Poseidon which is noted as the site of ruins of an ancient Greek temple of Poseidon, the god of the sea in classical mythology. The remains are perched on the headland, surrounded on three sides by the sea. Late in the afternoon we will drop you off at your hotel. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 7: ATHENS – ZAKYNTHOS ISLAND:
- In the morning, our bus driver will pick you from your hotel and transfer you to Athens International Airport to get on your morning flight to Zakynthos Island. Enjoy the rest of the day free at leisure. You can explore the town of Zakynthos, to walk at the narrow streets or to relax next to the swimming pool. Overnight in Zakynthos.
DAY 8: BOAT CRUISE AROUND ZAKYNTHOS:
- After breakfast our local bus driver will transfer you from your hotel to Zakynthos Marina to take the local boat cruise, as is one of the best ways to explore the island. The boat cruise departs at 09:00 and returns at about 17:00. Our first stop is at the Blue Caves. Our next stop is at the famous Shipwreck. This beach is well known throughout the world. The waters here are clear blue but deep. We will spend 1 and a half hours here to enjoy our swim. Our program continues with a 10 min photo stop at Porto Vromi. Then our boat pulls up next to the Agalas Caves and the Keri Caves for a reasonable amount of time to admire the beauty of nature. A big photo stop includes the Turtle Island. The Turtles are huge but so friendly and you could swim with them. We will have a major swim stop in a beautiful beach. Some of the stops may not be done depending on the weather conditions on that day. In the afternoon, at about 17.00, we will return at Marina and our driver will transfer you back to your hotel. Overnight in Zakynthos.
DAY 09: DEPARTURE DAY:
- We will transfer you to Zakynthos airport, to get on your international flight (via Athens) according to your flight details. Our Services ends.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers... read more
- Acropolis, Parthenon, Museum of Acropolis
- Cape Sounio, Temple of Poseidon,
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- City of Nauplio
- Ancient Olympia
- City of Naupaktos
- Archaeological site of Delphi
- Traditional village of Arachova
- Meteora Monasteries
- Thermopiles, Staue of Leonidas
- Zakynthos Islands
- Beach of Shipwreck & Blue caves
- English speaking Driver
- Transportation with private car or Mini Van
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- 8 Nigths' accommodation
- Daily breakfast at the hotels
- 3 dinner (Olympia, Delphi, Meteora)
- 1 Lunch during the Athens Sightseeing
- Licensed tour guide in mainland & Athens
- Athens Sightseeing & Cape Sounio Tour with lunch
- Entrance fees at all archaeological sites
- Domestic flights from/to Athens airport / Zakynthos airport
- Day cruise in Zakynthos
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- All Taxes
- Personal expenses
- Official Tour Guide in Zakynthos
- Hotel City tax - paid at the hotel
- Our group tours include lunches, licensed tour guides and entrance fees at the sites (except the tours at the Islands, as it is a self-guided tours)
- All our group tours operated in English language, but in some dates most of the tours operated also in French, please let us know for your preference language.
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers; have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- We provide you Air-conditioned Buses first class, from 18 seats to 56 seats, depends on the participants of the group.
- The bus pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Airbnb downtown of Athens or from the closer point of your hotel, in walking distances
- If you will arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- At the Islands, our local driver will be waiting at the port or airport in each island, holding a sign with your name written on it, in order to meet you and transfer you to your hotel.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations.
- You can choose your single private room for 1 pax, a double sharing room for 2 pax, or a triple sharing room for 3 pax
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the voucher with pick up time via email and the contact emergency phone number
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.