- All year in Specific dates, please check the availability via the reservation form before making the online booking
8 Day Classical Group Tour with Bus in Ancient Greece...
8 day organized group tour in Ancient Greece with bus from Athens to visit Mycenae, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora with cruise to Saronic Islands Poros, Hydra, Aegina Book online now with multiple payment options. This vacation group package includes professional & knowledgeable tour guides, entrance fees & dinner.
An unforgettable tour that blends visits to the 4 precious diamonds included in the UNESCO World Heritage List (The Acropolis of Athens, Ancient Olympia, Delphi and the Meteora monasteries in Kalambaka) with a day-long cruise to the Saronic Gulf islands, visiting Hydra with its narrow cobble-stoned streets, Poros with its nice sea views and Aegina, the capital of pistachio nut.
Not to mention the stay in Athens, the Greek capital city that is blessed with a world-wide gem, its Acropolis that crowns the city for 25 centuries and is among the most visited sites worldwide. To make it even better, this tour includes a visit to the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounio, with the breathtaking views of the Aegean Sea and the beautiful sunset.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL DAY:
- Meet and assist at Athens airport and transfer to your hotel in Athens. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 2: ATHENS - ARGOLIS - (MYCENAE- EPIDAURUS - NAFPLIO) - ANCIENT OLYMPIA:
- Our bus will pick you up from your hotel and will drive the coastal road to the Corinth Canal, where a short stop will be made to take pictures of the Corinth Canal (until 2004, the bridge over the canal was the only way leading into the Peloponese Penninsula). Continue your drive to Epidaurus where you will visit the Sanctuary of Asklepios and Theater of Epidauros, famous for its remarkable acoustics. We will, then proceed to the town of Nafplion (the first capital city of the modern Greek state) where you will stroll the narrow, cobble-stoned roads of the Old Town. Our next stop will be Mycenae where you will visit the Acropolis of Mycenae (once home to the Atreides family) and the Tomb of Agamemnon. Our tour will conclude in Olympia after passing through Central Peloponnese and the towns of Tripolis and Megalopolis. Overnight in Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic Games. Dinner and overnight in Olympia.
DAY 3: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - DELPHI:
- In the morning you will visit the Archaeological Site of Ancient Olympia with the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the Ancient Stadium (where the Olympic Games were hold from 776 BC until 393 AD) and the Archaeological Museum houses plastic art masterpieces like the Hermes of Praxiteles and the Nike (Victory) of Paionios. Driving through the plains of Eliad and Achaia, we will cross the magnificent bridge that connects Peloponnese (town of Rion) with mainland Greece (town of Antirion), which was built in 2004 and became the second connection point between the two regions.. Passing the picturesque towns of Naupactus (Lepanto) and Itea, we will arrive at the village of Delphi. Dinner and overnight in Delphi.
DAY 4: DELPHI - METEORA:
- After your breakfast, we will visit Delphi site (considered by ancient Greeks to be “the navel of the Earth) with its Oracle, the Stadium (where the Pytheia Games were held and considered as sacred as the Olympic Games held in Olympia), the Ancient Theatre where could seat more than 5000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ''Charioteer'', one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. After departing Delphi, we will reach Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic rocky formation called Meteora (“suspended rocks), with the 6 Meteora Monasteries nested at the top of these rocks. Dinner and overnight in Meteora.
DAY 5: METEORA - ATHENS:
- In the morning, we will visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora, that are included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. Meteora is a rock formation in central Greece hosting one of the largest and most precipitously built complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries, second in importance only to Mount Athos. The six (of an original twenty four) monasteries are built on immense natural pillars and hill-like rounded boulders that dominate the local area. We will pay an inside visit to two of these monasteries, before we return back to Athens, via Trikala, Lamia, and Thermopylae. In Thermopylae, we will make a brief stop at the statue of the Spartan King Leonidas, which stands as a memorial of his battle with his fellow 300 Spartan warriors (supported by 700 Thespian warriors) against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Emperor Xerxes, in 480 BC. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 6: ATHENS SIGHTSEEING & CAPE SOUNIO TOUR WITH LUNCH:
In the morning, we will start our Athens City Tour with a bus tour of the city, admiring among others the Parliament, the University, the Library, the Presidential Residence (Ex-King Residence) with the traditional presidential Guards, the Panathinaic Stadium (where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896) and the Temple of Zeus before we proceed on foot to visit the Acropolis and the New Acropolis Museum. After lunch, we will drive to Cape Sounio to visit the second most popular sightseeing of Athens, the Temple of God Poseidonwhich is noted as the site of ruins of an ancient Greek temple of Poseidon, the god of the sea in classical mythology. The remains are perched on the headland, surrounded on three sides by the sea. Late in the afternoon we will drop you off at your hotel. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 7: ATHENS – SARONIC ISLANDS CRUISE WITH LUNCH ON BOARD:
- Early in the morning our bus driver will meet you at your hotel to transfer you to Piraeus port to get on the cruise boat. The cruise starts at 08:15 hrs so get ready to sail the Saronic Gulf. The first stop will be at the island of Hydra, famous for its cosmopolitan visitors, its pedestrian narrow streets (the only car available is the police car) and the donkeys used for transportation of goods. The next stop will be the island of Poros, right off the coast of Eastern Peloponnese and only a 15-20 minute ferry sail from it. The island is famous for its lemon trees and its good food. The last stop will be in the island of Aegina (famous for its production of pistachio nut and for the monastery of Agios Nektarios (the patron saint of the island). Lunch will be served onboard. The cruise ends at approximately 19:00 hrs and our bus driver will be at the port to take you back to your hotel. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 8: DEPARTURE DAY:
- We will transfer you at Athens airport, according to your flight details
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Canal of Corinth
- Mycenae archaeological site
- Ancient theater of Epidaurus
- City of Nafplio
- Olympia archaeological site & museum
- Archaeological site of Delphi
- Monasteries of Meteora
- City of Thessaloniki
- The Tombs of Alexander the Great
- The cultural center of Aristotle's School
- City of Veria (Biblical Beroea) to visit Saint Paul's Bema
- The Archaeological Park of Dion & Pella
- Saronic Islands, Poros, Hydra, Aegina
- Acropolis & the new Museum of Acropolis
- Cape Sounio & Temple of Poseidon
- Transportation with first class Shared Bus
- Arrival & Departure Transfers from Athens airport
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- City Tour in Athens & cape Sounio with lunch
- 7 Night's accommodation
- Daily breakfast at your hotel
- 3 dinner (Olympia, Delphi, Meteora)
- Licensed tour guide & Entrance Fees
- Day cruise to Saronic Islands with lunch with leader on board
- All Taxes
- Meals and personal expenses
- Hotel City tax -paid at the hotel
- Our group tours include lunches, licensed tour guides and entrance fees at the sites (except the tours at the Islands, as it is a self-guided tours)
- All our group tours operated in English language, but in some dates most of the tours operated also in French, please let us know for your preference language.
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers; have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- We provide you Air-conditioned Buses first class, from 18 seats to 56 seats, depends on the participants of the group.
- The bus pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Airbnb downtown of Athens or from the closer point of your hotel, in walking distances
- If you will arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- At the Islands, our local driver will be waiting at the port or airport in each island, holding a sign with your name written on it, in order to meet you and transfer you to your hotel.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations.
- You can choose your single private room for 1 pax, a double sharing room for 2 pax, or a triple sharing room for 3 pax
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the voucher with pick up time via email and the contact emergency phone number
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.