The suitable period is from 25 of March till 25 of October. In winter period the shipping companies stop the routes between the Islands. Of course you can travel at the Greek Islands with Air fair tickets. Just let us know.
10 Day Group Tour in Classical Greece, Santorini, Mykonos...
This best-seller 10 day group vacation package in classical Greece & Greek Islands, visit Mycenae, Epidaurus, Olympia and Delphi, Meteora, Mykonos & Santorini & Athens Sightseeing. Mykonos with its lavish lifestyle and the sandy beaches with the crystal-clear sea waters and Santorini with its unique landscape, the caldera views, and the once-in-your-lifetime sunsets.
Visit Mycenae with its prehistoric Acropolis (once home to one of the most famous royal houses in the Greek myth) and Epidaurus with its famous theater, world known for its fine acoustics and the ancient drama / theater performances held in the summer. Walk around the site of Olympia where the ancient Olympic Games took place, once every 4 years, for more than 1000 years. Visit the Oracle and the Temple of Apollo in Delphi.
Stand facing the rocky Meteora formations and the suspended monasteries and feel the holiness of a place which is considered second only to Mt. Athos (Agio Oros – “Holy Mountain” in Greek). Book one of our organized group vacation packages in classical Greece and Greek Islands, wear your hat and your suntan lotion and feel the Greek summer. Mykonos and Santorini are ideal places to do so.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL DAY:
- Meet and assist at Athens airport and transfer to your hotel in Athens. Overnight in Athens.
Day 2: ATHENS - ARGOLIS - (MYCENAE- EPIDAURUS - NAFPLIO) - ANCIENT OLYMPIA:
- Our bus will pick you up from your hotel and will drive the coastal road to the Corinth Canal, where a short stop will be made to take pictures of the Corinth Canal (until 2004, the bridge over the canal was the only way leading into the Peloponese Penninsula). Continue your drive to Epidaurus where you will visit the Sanctuary of Asklepios and Theater of Epidauros, famous for its remarkable acoustics. We will, then proceed to the town of Nafplion (the first capital city of the modern Greek state) where you will stroll the narrow, cobble-stoned roads of the Old Town. Our next stop will be Mycenae where you will visit the Acropolis of Mycenae (once home to the Atreides family) and the Tomb of Agamemnon. Our tour will conclude in Olympia after passing through Central Peloponnese and the towns of Tripolis and Megalopolis. Overnight in Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic Games. Dinner and overnight in Olympia.
DAY 3: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - DELPHI:
- In the morning you will visit the Archaeological Site of Ancient Olympia with the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the Ancient Stadium (where the Olympic Games were hold from 776 BC until 393 AD) and the Archaeological Museum houses plastic art masterpieces like the Hermes of Praxiteles and the Nike (Victory) of Paionios. Driving through the plains of Eliad and Achaia, we will cross the magnificent bridge that connects Peloponnese (town of Rion) with mainland Greece (town of Antirion), which was built in 2004 and became the second connection point between the two regions.. Passing the picturesque towns of Naupactus (Lepanto) and Itea, we will arrive at the village of Delphi. Dinner and overnight in Delphi.
DAY 4: DELPHI - METEORA:
- After your breakfast, we will visit Delphi site (considered by ancient Greeks to be “the navel of the Earth) with its Oracle, the Stadium (where the Pytheia Games were held and considered as sacred as the Olympic Games held in Olympia), the Ancient Theatre where could seat more than 5000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ''Charioteer'', one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. After departing Delphi, we will reach Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic rocky formation called Meteora (“suspended rocks), with the 6 Meteora Monasteries nested at the top of these rocks. Dinner and overnight in Meteora.
DAY 5: METEORA - ATHENS:
- In the morning, we will visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora, that are included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. Meteora is a rock formation in central Greece hosting one of the largest and most precipitously built complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries, second in importance only to Mount Athos. The six (of an original twenty four) monasteries are built on immense natural pillars and hill-like rounded boulders that dominate the local area. We will pay an inside visit to two of these monasteries, before we return back to Athens, via Trikala, Lamia, and Thermopylae. In Thermopylae, we will make a brief stop at the statue of the Spartan King Leonidas, which stands as a memorial of his battle with his fellow 300 Spartan warriors (supported by 700 Thespian warriors) against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Emperor Xerxes, in 480 BC. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 6: ATHENS SIGHTSEEING & CAPE SOUNIO TOUR WITH LUNCH:
- In the morning, we will start our Athens City Tour with a bus tour of the city, admiring among others the Parliament, the University, the Library, the Presidential Residence (Ex-King Residence) with the traditional presidential Guards, the Panathinaic Stadium (where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896) and the Temple of Zeus before we proceed on foot to visit the Acropolis and the New Acropolis Museum. After lunch, we will drive to Cape Sounio to visit the second most popular sightseeing of Athens, the Temple of God Poseidonwhich is noted as the site of ruins of an ancient Greek temple of Poseidon, the god of the sea in classical mythology. The remains are perched on the headland, surrounded on three sides by the sea. Late in the afternoon we will drop you off at your hotel. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 7: ATHENS - MYKONOS ISLAND:
- Early in the morning, our bus will pick you up from your hotel and will transfer you to Piraeus port to take the boat to Mykonos Island. Mykonos is the most famous island in the world for its beaches, its fun, its exciting nightlife, its picturesque Cycladic houses, the luxury hotels, also known as the island of winds. Our bus will pick you from Mykonos port to transfer you to your hotel. The stroll in ‘’Little Venice’’ of the island, or the walk through the narrow streets of "matogiania" will be memorable for your vacations, where you can shop clothes and other local items. We propose you to relax at your hotel and enjoy the amazing night life of Mykonos! optional: Afternoon Guided Cruise Tour to Delos. We suggest you an excellent half-day trip, to the sacred island of Apollo and Artemis, one of the importnat Unesco Heritage sites of Greece. You may visit, among others, the remains of the Temples of Apollo, the sanctuary of Artemis, the old city and the theater and then, walk down the celebrated Lion Street...Read More. Overnight in Mykonos.
DAY 8: MYKONOS ISLAND - SANTORINI ISLAND
- :After breakfast, we will pick you up from your hotel to transfer you to Mykonos Port so you get the boat to the famous Santorini Island. Our bus will pick you from Santorini port to transfer you to your hotel. You have free time at leisure, during which you can enjoy your drink or dinner, at one of the hundreds places located just on the rocks above the sea, and walk among the narrow streets of the island where you can buy many souvenirs. optional: Sunset Cruise Tour to Volcano with Buffet on Board. Our driver pick you up form your hotel to start the cruise tour to the volcano’s ridge. We have a stop at the famous hot springs are located on the west side. Dinner on Board, relax and enjoy our Greek tasteful buffet while capturing amazing photos of the Aegean Sea. The end of the excursion comes on sunset time...Read More. Overnight in Santorini.
DAY 9: SANTORINI ISLAND - ATHENS:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel to transfer you at Santorini port & take the ferry for Piraeus. We meet and assist you at Piraeus port and transfer you at your hotel. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 10: DEPARTURE DAY:
- We will transfer you to Santorini airport, to get your International flight via Athens, according to your flight details
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Acropolis & the new Museum of Acropolis
- Cape Sounio & the Temple of Poseidon
- Mycenae & Ancient Epidaurus
- Archaeological site of Ancient Olympia
- Delphi, Temple of Apollo
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Sunset of Oia at Santorini
- Enjoy the Night-Life in Mykonos
- Walk to narrow street at Mykonos & Santorini
- Cruise tour Volcano
- Guided Cruise tour in Delos
- Transportation with Air conditioned first class bus
- Arrival & Departure transfers from Athens airport
- Transfer from/to Piraeus port/hotel
- Transfers from/to port/hotel in each Island
- 9 Nights' accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- 3 Dinner (Olympia, Delphi, Meteora)
- Entrance fees during classical tour & Athens’ Sightseeing
- Licensed Tour guide accompany (except the Islands)
- Fast Ferry tickets from Piraeus port/Mykonos/Santorini/Piraeus
- Welcome bag with gifts upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Meals & Personal expenses
- Optional tours in Mykonos & Santorini
- Hotel City Tax - paid at the hotels
All our drivers speak English very well and have high experience and have well knowledge for the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each site, but are not official guides.
Note that this tour includes professional tour guide accompany to you during the trip in Mainland Argolis, Olympia, Delphi & Meteora and during the city tour in Athen. During your stay in Mykonos & Santorini it is not necessary to have tour guide but only if you will choose the local tours or cruises which local guides included.
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or Opel Vivaro 9 seats
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats, or bigger depend the size of the groups
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
We will pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address, If you reach at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
Our local driver will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, in order to meet you and transfer you to your hotel. Upon our meeting in Athens we will gives you o folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact number in each area.
- We provide you 4 star hotels or 3 stars hotel or you can ask for 5* hotels.
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depend the availability and the time that you will make the booking in any case we will book hotels at the same level.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- In Santorini your hotel located at "Kamari area" of course we can make upgrade at the hotel, and to offer you accommodation in Imerovilgi, Fira town or Oia with extra suplement, jsut ask us.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
We will provide you FAST FERRY TICKETS in order to spend more time in each Island. Sometimes the ferry route can be changed depend from the shipping company schedule. In any case we will modify the program accordingly. We can provided you AIR TICKETS instead off ferry tickets with extra supplement, just ask us.
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3-star hotels,
- 3 euros per room per day for 4-star hotels.
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.