- All year in Specific dates, please check the availability via the reservation form before making the online booking
One Day Organized Bus Tour in Delphi from Athens...
Within one day organized tour in Delphi from Athens, we will visit the oracle shrine of Delphi that was regarded as the center of the world and it was one of the most important kinds of art among the ancient Greeks, the archaeological museum of Delphi & finally you will enjoy your lunch at the picturesque village of Arachova, where you can taste local products like formaela cheese.
The oracle of Delphi echoes stories of divination for the course of future events of individuals as well as of states for more than 1000 years. During this tour, we will have the unique opportunity to see the navel stone (omfalos) at Delphi, upon which the Pythia was seated while giving her oracular consultation.
We will visit the Castalian spring, which Pythia purified herself before burn of laurel leaves & The Archaeological Museum of Delphi, one of the most important in Greece, exhibits the history of the Delphic sanctuary, site of the most famous ancient Greek oracle. Its rich collections are comprised primarily of architectural sculpture, statues and minor objects donated to the sanctuary.
- Pick you up from your Hotel about 07.30 and about 3 hours later we will arrive at Delphi area. Along the way, you will see the plain of Beotia, an agricultural center and you will also pass by the city of Theva, the birthplace of King Oedipus. You will continue your Delphi day tour towards Mt. Parnassos, making a short rest stop outside the town of Levadia.You will drive then to DELPHI, known in ancient times as the navel of the world. Pass by Castalia Spring, visit at the archaeological site and view the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle and Delphi museum, with it's spectacular exhibits include the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifnians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos the metopes of the Athenian treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer, originally created to commemorate a victory during the 476 B.C. Pythian Games, and many other artifacts.
- After lunch return to Athens via the picturesque mountain village of Arachova, built on the south slopes of Parnassus, well known for its attractive hand-woven carpets, rugs and quilts, as well as for its wine and cheese (short stop). We will return in Athens late in the afternoon.
Are you interested in Tour in Private Tour in Delphi?
Please click on the link: Private Tour in Delphi form Athens
- Castalia spring
- Guided tour of the Temple of Apollo
- See the Athenian Treasure
- Guided tour of Delphi Museum
- The picturesque village of Arachova
- Transportation with first class bus
- Pickup & Drop of from your hotel downtown in Athens
- Licensed tour guide accompany to you
- Entrance fees at all Archaeological sites
- Lunch during the trip
- All Taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
PAYMENT WAY: At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 2 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card or
- b/ Require more information
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
- Our group tours include lunches, licensed tour guides and entrance fees at the sites (except the tours at the Islands, as it is a self-guided tours)
- All our group tours operated in English language, but in some dates most of the tours operated also in French, please let us know for your preference language.
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers; have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- We provide you Air-conditioned Buses first class, from 18 seats to 56 seats, depends on the participants of the group.
- The bus pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Airbnb downtown of Athens or from the closer point of your hotel, in walking distances
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations.
- You can choose your single private room for 1 pax, a double sharing room for 2 pax, or a triple sharing room for 3 pax
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the voucher with pick up time via email and the contact emergency phone number
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.