- All year in Specific dates, please check the availability via the reservation form before making the online booking
2 Day Organised Bus Tour in Delphi & Meteora
Book the 2-Day best-seller tour in Delphi & Meteora with shared bus from Athens to visit 2 unique monuments which are included in the UNESCO World Heritage List Delphi and the Meteora monasteries in Kalambaka. You will have the chance to taste the traditional Greek cuisine in Arachova and in Kalambaka, a lovely Greek town with traditional architecture
Visit Delphi that was regarded as the center of the world. The oracle of Delphi echoes stories of divination for the course of future events of individuals as well. Divination was considered as one of the most important kinds of art among the ancient Greeks, second only to medicine. We will admire the stone (omfalos) at Delphi, upon which the Pythia was seated while giving her oracular consultation.
Visit Meteora a complex of Byzantine monasteries, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks. The rock monasteries have been characterized by UNESCO as a unique phenomenon of cultural heritage and they form one of the most important stations of cultural map of Greece. We also visit the historic Thermopylae and admire the statue of Leonidas. Book now our best-seller tour in Greece with shared Bus!
DAY 1: ATHENS DELPHI - METEORA:
- Pick you up from your Hotel and about 3 hours later we will arrive at Delphi area. Along the way, you will see the plain of Beotia, an agricultural center and you will also pass by the city of Theva, the birthplace of King Oedipus. Our first stops will be at picturesque village of Arachova on the slopes of Mount Parnassus. Continuing we will visit Castalia Spring, visit at the archaeological site and view the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle. Depart from Delphi and driving through Central Greece and the cities of Lamia, Trikala (quick stop), we arrive in Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Overnight in Kalambaka (Meteora). Proposed Hotel 4* Grand Meteora Hotel (or similar)
DAY 2: METEORA - ATHENS:
- After your breakfast, we leave from the hotel and visit nearby Meteora, for a tour of the cliff-top monasteries and visit two different BYZANTINE MONASTERIES built on top of rock towers and providing fantastic views over the plain. Meteora is included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. The monasteries are perched on top of towers of sandstone, which for centuries provided totally inaccessible retreats for the monks. Meteora is considered one of the most beautiful area of mainland Greece, and its monasteries are one of the country's most unique attractions. Return to Athens passing from Thermopyles where there is the statue of Leonidas (short stop for photos) as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. Drop you off at your hotel late afternoon.
Click here if you are you interested in 2 Days Private Tours to Delphi and Meteora
- Delphi archaeological site
- Visit temple of Apollo
- Two Meteora Byzantine Monasteries
- Great Meteoro monastery
- Monument of King Leonidas of Sparta
- Transport with first class bus
- Pickup & Drop of from your hotel downtown in Athens
- Licensed tour guide accompany to you
- Entrance fees at all Archaeological sites
- Daily Breakfast
- Dinner at the hotel
- Hotel accommodation based on your choice (A class / T class)
- All Taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
- Museum of Delphi
- Hotel City tax
PAYMENT WAY: At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 2 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card or
- b/ Require more information
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
- Our group tours include lunches, licensed tour guides and entrance fees at the sites (except the tours at the Islands, as it is a self-guided tours)
- All our group tours operated in English language, but in some dates most of the tours operated also in French, please let us know for your preference language.
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers; have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- We provide you Air-conditioned Buses first class, from 18 seats to 56 seats, depends on the participants of the group.
- The bus pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Airbnb downtown of Athens or from the closer point of your hotel, in walking distances
- If you will arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- At the Islands, our local driver will be waiting at the port or airport in each island, holding a sign with your name written on it, in order to meet you and transfer you to your hotel.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations.
- You can choose your single private room for 1 pax, a double sharing room for 2 pax, or a triple sharing room for 3 pax
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the voucher with pick up time via email and the contact emergency phone number
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.