Book the 2-Day best-seller tour in Delphi & Meteora with shared bus from Athens to visit 2 unique monuments which are included in the UNESCO World Heritage List Delphi and the Meteora monasteries in Kalambaka. You will have the chance to taste the traditional Greek cuisine in Arachova and in Kalambaka, a lovely Greek town with traditional architecture
Visit Delphi that was regarded as the center of the world. The oracle of Delphi echoes stories of divination for the course of future events of individuals as well. Divination was considered as one of the most important kinds of art among the ancient Greeks, second only to medicine. We will admire the stone (omfalos) at Delphi, upon which the Pythia was seated while giving her oracular consultation.
Visit Meteora a complex of Byzantine monasteries, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks. The rock monasteries have been characterized by UNESCO as a unique phenomenon of cultural heritage and they form one of the most important stations of cultural map of Greece. We also visit the historic Thermopylae and admire the statue of Leonidas. Book now our best-seller tour in Greece with shared Bus!
DAY 1: ATHENS DELPHI - METEORA:
- Pick you up from your Hotel and about 3 hours later we will arrive at Delphi area. Along the way, you will see the plain of Beotia, an agricultural center and you will also pass by the city of Theva, the birthplace of King Oedipus. Our first stops will be at picturesque village of Arachova on the slopes of Mount Parnassus. Continuing we will visit Castalia Spring, visit at the archaeological site and view the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle. Depart from Delphi and driving through Central Greece and the cities of Lamia, Trikala (quick stop), we arrive in Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Overnight in Kalambaka (Meteora). Proposed Hotel 4* Grand Meteora Hotel (or similar)
DAY 2: METEORA - ATHENS:
- After your breakfast, we leave from the hotel and visit nearby Meteora, for a tour of the cliff-top monasteries and visit two different BYZANTINE MONASTERIES built on top of rock towers and providing fantastic views over the plain. Meteora is included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. The monasteries are perched on top of towers of sandstone, which for centuries provided totally inaccessible retreats for the monks. Meteora is considered one of the most beautiful area of mainland Greece, and its monasteries are one of the country's most unique attractions. Return to Athens passing from Thermopyles where there is the statue of Leonidas (short stop for photos) as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. Drop you off at your hotel late afternoon.
Are you interested in 2 Days Tour to Delphi and Meteora with Private car? Please click on the link: 2 Days Private Tours to Delphi and Meteora
- Transport with first class bus
- Pickup & Drop of from your hotel downtown in Athens
- Licensed tour guide accompany to you
- Entrance fees at all Archaeological sites
- Daily Breakfast
- Dinner at the hotel
- Hotel accommodation based on your choice (A class / T class)
- All Taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
- Museum of Delphi
- Hotel City tax
PAYMENT WAY: At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 2 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card or
- b/ Require more information
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!