- All year in Specific dates, please check the availability via the reservation form before making the online booking
One Day Group TourAthens & Cape Sounio...
Combine Athens city tour and the Acropolis Museum with Cape Sounio, the second most popular site of the Greek capital. Book our one day guided Bus Tour in Athens and in Cape Sounion and admire the magnificent sunset, as seen from where the horizon meets the Aegean Sea!
Tour Athens, housing really important archaeological sites, like the Acropolis! Visit the new Acropolis Museum and admire the artifacts and sculptures originating from the numerous Acropolis buildings. Travel along Athens Riviera, heading to Sounio and admire a truly impressive scene. Visit Cape Sounio and walk next to the temple of god Poseidon! Book now one of our customized Bus tours and visit the most famous sites of ancient and modern Athens, enjoying our experienced tour guides!
This tour gives you an opportunity to observe the striking contrasts that make Athens such a fascinating city.
- Our expert guides will take you to see the Panathinaiko Stadium where the first Olympic Games of modern times were held in 1896 (short stop).
- Continue and pass by the Prime Minister's residence (ex Royal Palace) guarded by the Euzones in their colorful uniform, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Hadrian's Arch, the Parliament and the memorial to the Unknown Soldier, the Academy, the University, the National Library, the Constitution Square (Syntagma).
- On the Acropolis tour, visit the Architectural Masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: The Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion and finally "the harmony between material and spirit", the monument that "puts order in the mind", the Parthenon.
- Continue and visit the place where at last the statues found their home and admire the wonders of the classical era: The new Acropolis museum.
- Drive along the coastal road, passing the wonderful beaches of Glyfada, Vouliagmeni & Varkiza to the most Southern point of Attica, reach at Cape Sounio, the second most popular sightseeing of Athens, to admire the Temple of Poseidon especially during the afternoon hours when you can take the chance of the breathtaking sunset over the Aegean Sea! Sounio is noted as the site of ruins of an ancient Greek temple of Poseidon, the god of the sea in classical mythology. You have time to walk at leisure on the rocky promontory of Sounio. According to legend, Cape Sounio is the spot where Aegeus, king of Athens, leapt to his death off the cliff, thus giving his name to the Aegean Sea. The myth says that King Aegeus, anxiously looking out from Cape Sounio, despaired when he saw a black sail on his son Theseus's ship, returning from Crete. This led him to believe that his son had been killed in his contest with the dreaded Minotaur, a monster that was half man and half bull.
- Afterwards we return at your hotel.
- Panoramic tour of Athens city center
- Short stop at Panathinaiko Stadium
- Guided tour of Acropolis
- Visit the Acropolis museum
- Plaka Area
- Visit Temple of Poseidon
- Transportation with first class luxury motor coach.
- Licensed English Speaking Guide
- Entrance Fee to Acropolis, Acropolis Museum, Cape Sounio
- All taxes
- Drinks and beverages
- Personal expenses
**PLEASE BEFORE YOUR BOOKING CHECK THE OPERATION DATES BELOW:
Days of Operation: Only from 01/04 till 31/10 Daily
- Our group tours include, licensed tour guides and entrance fees at the sites (except the tours at the Islands, as it is a self-guided tours)
- All our group tours operated in English language, but in some dates most of the tours operated also in French, please let us know for your preference language.
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers; have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- We provide you Air-conditioned Buses first class, from 18 seats to 56 seats, depends on the participants of the group.
- The bus pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Airbnb downtown of Athens or from the closer point of your hotel, in walking distances
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations.
- You can choose your single private room for 1 pax, a double sharing room for 2 pax, or a triple sharing room for 3 pax
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the voucher with pick up time via email and the contact emergency phone number
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.