All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
Private Tour to Jewish Chalkis to Community & Cemetery.....
One day private Jewish tour in Chalkis form Athens to visit the Jews in Chalkida may not be the first to settle in the Greek territory, but their community is Europe's oldest and the only one living in the same city, uninterruptedly, for more than 20 centuries. The Jewish presence in Evoia and especially Chalkis goes so far back that it is assumed that the first Jews arrived after 586 B.C.
The Synagogue of Chalkis is one of the oldest in Greece but was destroyed six times in its lifetime and all rebuilt at exactly the same point. Our nest visit will be at the Old and new Jewish Cemetery coexist in the same space, in an area of 17 acres in Messapion Street in downtown Chalkidas.To Jewish cemetery of Halkida bounded by suburban Messapion quotient, Gazepi and Karakleon. It is one of the most important and historic Jewish cemeteries of Greece as it contains graves dating from the Ottoman period (15th century).Book now the best private Jewish tour in Chalkis from Athens at the best rates
- The Jews in Chalkida may not be the first to settle in the Greek territory, but their community is Europe's oldest and the only one living in the same city, uninterruptedly, for more than 20 centuries. Our driver will pick you up in the morning and you will start your trip to reach at the town of Chalkida almost 1.5 hour later.
- The Synagogue of Chalkis is one of the oldest in Greece but was destroyed six times in its lifetime and all rebuilt at exactly the same point. The Roman Jewish Community of Chalkis is the only European living in the same city, uninterrupted for more than 2,500 years. It is unknown when the first Synagogue was built in Chalkida after being destroyed six times to date. Throughout the centuries, every time the Synagogue burned, a new, immediately in the same place was erected. The present one was rebuilt, in the same dimensions, in 1855 after the fire of 1854, during Holy Week, with money provided by the Duchess of Placentia.
- Later, you will continue to visit the Jewish cemetery. The Old and new Jewish Cemetery coexist in the same space, in an area of 17 acres in Messapion Street in downtown Chalkidas. The Jewish cemetery of Halkida bounded by suburban Messapion quotient, Gazepi and Karakleon. It is one of the most important and historic Jewish cemeteries of Greece as it contains graves dating from the Ottoman period (15th century). The tombs of the 15th and 16th century that one finds in the cemetery of particular interest as it is built with the unique for Greece form with vaulted construction on the site of the head and buried in the front are opening to allow insertion of a memory stone.
- Afterwards, you will take a stop to enjoy a lunch in one of the many traditional restaurants near the bridge of Chalkida before starting your trip back to Athens. Late in the afternoon our driver will drop you of at your hotel.
- Synagogue of Chalkis
- The Old and new Jewish Cemetery in Chalkis
- The City of Chalkida
- Pick up & drop off from your designated point
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- English speaking driver
- All taxes
- Bottle of water
- Entrance fees
- Meals & personal expenses
In order to take full advantage of your tour in Greece, we strongly suggest you to book your tour with a licensed tour guide in order to get the most out of your tour.
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicles
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano with leather interior, dark glasses, and fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
When you arrive at the port, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues.
24/7 - Free communication, with the travel department, via the WhatsApp application is offered, within the preparation period and during your customized excursions!
Our tours are absolutely private only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the program to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.