- All Year.
6 Day Tour in Ancient Greece & Corfu Island...
This 6-day private tour of Ancient Greece with a visit to Corfu is a unique experience full of history, beauty, and adventure. The tour includes visits to some of the most fascinating ancient sites such as Mycenae, Nafplio, Ancient Olympia, and Delphi.
A highlight of the tour is a visit to the Monasteries of Meteora, perched atop towering rock formations. Finally, Corfu Island offers the perfect destination for relaxation and exploration, with its rich cultural heritage, beautiful beaches, narrow streets, and delicious food and drink. Whether you're a history buff, a nature lover, or simply looking for a relaxing and engaging vacation, this tour has something for everyone.
DAY 1: Athens - Delphi - Meteora:
Your driver will pick you up from your hotel or cruise ship to start your tour towards Delphi, the center of the ancient Greek world. Delphi was a religious center and a symbol of unity in the 6th century B.C. During your visit, you will explore various sites, including the tholos of the sanctuary of Athena Pronaia, the Ancient theatre of Delphi, the Treasury of the Athenians, and the Ancient gymnasium of Delphi. You will also visit the Castalian Spring fountain, which was the sacred source of Delphi, and the temple of Apollo, the most important building in the sanctuary of Apollo at Delphi. Finally, you will visit the Archaeological Museum of Delphi before having lunch in Delphi or at the traditional Village of Arachova, where you can taste the traditional cheese, Arachova’s formaela. After lunch, you will depart for Meteora, where you will spend the night.. Overnight in Meteora
DAY 2: Meteora - Corfu:
- Today, you will visit the Byzantine monasteries of Meteora, which are included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. Your first stop will be at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro, which is the biggest and oldest of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro) because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Your second visit will be to the great monastery of St. Stephan. After exploring the monasteries, you will have lunch in the picturesque villages of Kalambaka before continuing your trip to reach the port of Igoumenitsa to take the ferry boat to Corfu. Upon arrival, you will check in at the hotel and have free time to explore the town of Corfu, designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The old town of Corfu is built under the Venetian style and is one of the most beautiful and elegant towns in Greece. The narrow streets between the houses, the numerous churches around every corner, and the well-known Liston will amaze you and complete your tour. You will spend the night in Corfu. Overnight in Corfu
DAY 3: Corfu:
Today, you will have a private tour of the most important highlights of Corfu. Your first stop will be at the Mon Repos Palace, a neoclassical building built in 1830 offering spectacular sea views. Next, you will visit the church of Panagia Vlacherna and Kanoni area and the Mouse Island (Pontikonissi), which are the most famous and recognizable spots in Corfu. Constructed in the 17th century, this lovely chapel has an impressive wooden-carved iconostasis and beautiful frescoes inside. In the center of the Mouse Island, there is the 13th-century church of Pantokrator. You will continue your private tour to Achilleion Palace located in the picturesque village of Gastouri, built in 1890 by Empress Elizabeth (Sissy) of Austria. Your next stop will be at the famous Paleokastritsa Bay, well known as the Capri of Greece. At the hilltop, you will come across a Byzantine monastery still inhabited by monks. Finally, you will reach the traditional village of Lakones, called God’s Balcony due to its panoramic view of Paleokastritsa Bay and the surrounding hills. You will continue your tour passing through some of the most picturesque traditional villages before returning to the town of Corfu. Overnight in Corfu.
DAY 4: Corfu - Patra:
- After enjoying a delicious breakfast, you will visit the Old Venetian Fortress in Corfu, which was built in the 15th century as a stronghold to protect the town from enemies. This impressive fortress offers panoramic views of the surrounding area and remains one of the most popular tourist attractions in Corfu. After exploring the fortress, your tour will continue on foot to reach the famous Spianada square, which is said to be the second largest square in Europe. The entrance to the square is arched and has a Venetian symbol carved in marble above it. At the square, you will meet your driver and continue your trip to the port to catch the ferry that will take you to the city of Patra, where you will spend the night. Patra for Overnight.
DAY 5: Patra - Olympia - Nafplio:
Today, after enjoying breakfast in the city of Patra, you will leave to visit the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia. This site is where the first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. The most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece, the temple of Zeus, is located here. In antiquity, it was home to one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world. During your visit, you will also see the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops, the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium, and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. After exploring Ancient Olympia, you will travel to the beautiful seaside cosmopolitan town of Nafplio. Here, you can take a leisurely stroll through the narrow streets of the old city, which are full of shops and restaurants. You can also enjoy the stunning view of the small island of Bourtzi, located in the middle of the city's harbor, as well as the fort on the sea, which is Nafplio's trademark. Don't forget to grab a cup of coffee at one of the cafes that line the broad seaside promenade. You will spend the night in Nafplio.
DAY 6: Nafplio - Mycenae - Epidaurus - Corinth - Athens:
- you will start with a visit to the Castle of the Town, which boasts an amazing view and a challenging climb of 999 steps. After that, you will stop at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, which could seat 15,000 spectators and is renowned for its remarkable acoustics. Your next destination will be the Ancient Mycenae, which was once the center of Greek civilization and the home of mythical Agamemnon. While there, you will visit the Cyclopean Walls, the famous Lion's Gate, and the 'Atreus King Tomb'. Finally, you will visit the breathtaking Canal of Corinth, and the Ancient Corinth where you can walk the same paths as the famous personality of Apostle Paul. In the afternoon, you will arrive in Athens, the final destination of your tour.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insuranc
- Canal of Corinth & Ancient Corinth
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- Town of Nafplio
- Ancient Olympia
- Delphi & Museum of Delphi
- Traditional Village of Arachova
- Meteora Monasteries
- Corfu Island
- Spinada Square Corfu
- Mon Repos Palace
- Achilleion Palace
- Paliokastritsa Bay
- Lakones Village in Corfu
- Mouse Island in Corfu
- Church of Panagia Vlacherna
- Old Venetian Fortress in Corfu
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- 5 Nights accommodation with Breakfast
- Ferry tickets from/to Igoumenitsa port/Corfu
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission in archeological sites
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel city tax
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 100% of the payment in advance applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.