- All Year.
6 Day Tour in Ancient Greece & Corfu Island...
6 day tour in Ancient Greece with visit at Corfu one of the most popular island of Ionian Islands complex. Enjoy the tour in Mycenae, Nafplio, Ancient Olympia, Delphi & the Monasteries of Meteora and then go to Corfu Island. The Old Town, designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a labyrinth of narrow streets paved with cobblestones in a wonderful Venetian style...
The old town of Corfu is built under the Venetian style that is why one of the most beautiful is and elegant towns in Greece. The narrow streets between the houses, the numerous churches around every corner and the well know Liston, designed by French Engineer Lesseps who created it to be a miniature of the Rue de Rivoli in Paris. Into the old Corfu Town center, you can do some shopping, taste some of the traditional local foods such aa sweet liqueur made from kumquats made from a local fruit of Corfu in one of the plenty restaurants which you will meet or even have a coffee in one of the famous Liston's Square. A tour to the idyllic Greek island of Corfu delivers all that you need for an amazing vacation in Greece especially for couples!
DAY 1: ATHENS – DELPHI – METEORA:
Our driver will pick you up from your hotel or from your cruise ship. Start the tour to reach at Delphi: A History of the Centre of the Ancient World. Delphi in the 6th century B.C was the religious center and symbol of unity of the ancient Greek world. We will visit the tholos of the sanctuary of Athena Pronaia, the Ancient theatre of Delphi, the Treasury of the Athenians, and the Ancient gymnasium of Delphi. We will also visit the Castalian Spring fountain, which was the sacred source of Delphi. We will visit the temple of Apollo, the most important building in the sanctuary of Apollo at Delphi (which according to the ancient world was considered the center of the earth). Apollo was the "seer" and Pythia was a vessel through whom Apollo spoke. Finally, we will visit the Archaeological Museum of Delphi, before have a lunch in Delphi area or at the traditional Village of Arachova, where you can taste the traditional cheese, Arachova’s formaela, in various forms, before we depart for Meteora. Overnight in Meteora
DAY 2: METEORA – CORFU ISLAND:
- Today we will visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora that are included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. We are having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro which is the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is to the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan, which is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. This wonderful tour will be completed at the picturesque villages of Kalambaka, where you will have a traditional Greek lunch! We continue our trip to reach at the port of Igoumenitsa to get the ferry boat to reach Corfu. Check in at the hotel and free time to explore the town of Corfu. The Old Town of Corfu is designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a labyrinth of narrow streets paved with cobblestones and packed with tourist shops. The old town of Corfu is built under the Venetian style that is why one of the most beautiful is and elegant towns in Greece. The narrow streets between the houses, the numerous churches around every corner and the well know Liston, will amaze you and complete your tour! Overnight in Corfu
DAY 3: CORFU ISLAND:
Private Tour at the most Highlights of Corfu. We will visit the Mon Repos Palace, a neoclassical building, built in 1830 offering spectacular sea view. We will have the next visit at the church of Panagia Vlacherna & Kanoni area and the Mouse Island (Pontikonissi) as they considered the most famous and recognisable spots of Corfu. Constructed in the 17th century, this lovely chapel has an impressive wooden-carved iconostasis and beautiful frescoes inside. In the center of the Mouse Island, there is the 13th-century church of Pantokrator. We will continue our private tour to Achilleion Palace located in the picturesque village of Gastouri, built in 1890 by Empress Elizabeth (Sissy) of Austria. Next stop will be at the famous Paleokastritsa bay, well known as the Capri of Greece. At the hilltop you will come across a Byzantine monastery still inhabited by monks
Finally, we will reach at the traditional village of Lakones, called God’s Balcony due to its panoramic view to Paleokastritsa Bay and the surrounding hills. We will continue our tour passing through some of the most picturesque traditional villages to return at the town of Corfu. The duration of the tour is about 6 hours. Overnight in Corfu.
DAY 4: CORFU ISLAND – CITY OF PATRA:
- After your breakfast we will have a visit at the Old Venetian Fortress in Corfu that built 15th century and it is a very imposing stronghold, and great panoramic views, the fortress built to protect the town from enemies. Remains one of the most interesting tourist attractions of Corfu and must-see to visit. From the Old Fortress your tour continues foot to reach at the famous Spianada square, it said that is the second largest square in Europe.The entrance is arched and has a Venetian symbol above it, carved in marble. Here you will meet our driver and then continue our trip to reachat the port to get the ferry. We will reach at the city of Patra for Overnight.
DAY 5: PATRA – OLYMPIA – NAFPLIO:
- Enjoy your breakfast before leave the city of Patra to reach at the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, where the first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. The temple of Zeus is located there which is the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Dedicated to Zeus, in which in antiquity was hosted one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world. You will also visit the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium, and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Leaving Ancient Olympia, to reach at the wonderful seaside cosmopolitan town of Nafplio. You can stroll at the narrow streets of the old city, full of shops and restaurants. Enjoy the view to the small island of Bourtzi, in the middle of the city’s harbor, the fort on the sea and Nafplio’ s trademark! Enjoy a cup of coffee at one of cafes line a broad seaside promenade. Overnight in Nafplio.
DAY 6: NAFPLIO - MYCENAE - EPIDAURUS - ATHENS:
- Our first visit will be at the Castle of the Town, with the 999 steps (!) and the amazing view, we will have a stop at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus of the 15.000 spectators and the breathtaking acoustics. Next visit will be at the Ancient Mycenae, the center of Greek civilization, home to the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon. Visit the Cyclopean Walls, the famous Lion’s Gate and the ‘’Atreus King Tomb’’! Finally, we will visit the breathtaking Canal of Corinth, and the Ancient Corinth to walk at the same paths that the famous personality of Apostle Paul walked. We will reach in Athens in the afternoon.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insuranc
- Canal of Corinth & Ancient Corinth
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- Town of Nafplio
- Ancient Olympia
- Delphi & Museum of Delphi
- Traditional Village of Arachova
- Meteora Monasteries
- Corfu Island
- Spinada Square Corfu
- Mon Repos Palace
- Achilleion Palace
- Paliokastritsa Bay
- Lakones Village in Corfu
- Mouse Island in Corfu
- Church of Panagia Vlacherna
- Old Venetian Fortress in Corfu
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- 5 Nights accommodation with Breakfast
- Ferry tickets from/to Igoumenitsa port/Corfu
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Baby seat or booster without extra charge (upon request)
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission in archeological sites
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel city tax
All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.