- All Year.
17 Day Private Tour in Classical Grecee & Santorini...
Book online this tour package Greece as it is unique opportunity to visit all the UNESCO’s archaeological sites, with such rich history, beautiful sunsets scenery, pretty villages that are perfect for year-round getaways, also majestic ancient historical sites.Taste the local amazing cuisine, with huge variety of dishes, directly from mother nature to your dish.
With this vacation package all over Greece, will feel the great Greek hospitality and food that one can experience in most of the boutique hotels and restaurants with local products. If it your first visit in Greece, you will feel it felt like being to an unexplored place, a hidden treasure in ancient Greece. Visit the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus and the famous ancient town of Mycenae, the most romantic town of Greece, the seaside town of Nafplio, Visit the byzantine town of Mystras & Monemvasia,the ancient Sparta, founded in the 9th century, Ioannina, Metsovo, Pella, Thessaloniki, and a wonderful Saronic Islands of Poros, Hydra, Aegina. Enjoy the scenery that is amazing, perched with stone houses and tower houses, byzantine rocky beaches with crystal-clear waters. Don’t miss this tour package to you will discover a different Greece!
DAY: 1 ARRIVAL DAY:
- Our driver will meet and assist you at Athens airport and transfer you at your hotel in Athens. Overnight in Athens
DAY 2: ATHENS – CORINTH - COG RAILWAY - DIMITSAMA:
- Pick you up from your hotel and driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, we will have our first stop at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height) the unique waterway that separates Peloponnese from mainland Greece.
- We continue to reach Ancient Corinth, one of the wealthiest city-states in Ancient Greece. Here you will stand next to the Bema from which St Paul preached the Corinthians as well as the ruins of the temple of Apollo dating back to 560 BC.
- We leave Corinth to react at "Diakofto" to take the Cog Railway (Odontotos) which links Kalavrita with Diakopto going through Vouraikos Canyon, is one of the most beautiful natural sights and is one of the most spectacular Railway rides in Greece. Our driver meet you there to continue the tour at the mysterious, magnificent and unique «Cave of the Lakes". A rare creation of Nature. Small and large lakes, 13 in total, with different colors each one, depending on the oxides contained in the rocks. Our day ends at the beautiful and historical Village of Dimitsana a winter traditional village full of narrow stone streets. Overnight in Dimitsana
DAY 3: HIKING AT LOUSIOS GORGE - NAFPLIO:
- After your breakfast we leave from the hotel and after 20 minutes' drive we reach the start of the path that leads to the Monastery of Agios Ioannis Prodromos that is built in 19th century. About after 20 -30 minutes walking you will reach the Monastery and admire the wonderful view to Lousios River under your feet! The monks will help you and show you how to continue walking in the Lousios Gorge and visit the next monastery of Philosophes, one of the oldest monasteries of Greece that was built on 963the old monastery and on 1691 the new one. Overnight in Nafplio
DAY 4: MYCENAE - EPIDAURUS - SPARTA:
- Pick you up from your hotel after your breakfast to visit Ancient Mycenae with the famous ‘’Gate of Lions’’ and ‘’Atreus King Tomb’’! Afterwards, our last stop will be at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus of the 15.000 spectators. Enjoy your stay in Sparta and pay a visit at the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta or the Archeological Museum. Overnight in Sparta
DAY 5: MYSTRAS - MONEMVASIA:
- After your breakfast we will leave from Monemvasia to have our first visit at the nearby glory Byzantine town of Mystras. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa, and of Οur Lady Perivleptos.
- Afterwards, we visit the second famous Tower Town of Peloponnese, Monemvasiá,a mystical stone-built settlement, nestled at the edge of a big rock by the sea, that was founded by the Byzantines in the sixth century. Peer into the history of the fortress –the so-called “Gibraltar of the East”. Taste culinary delights at a fine restaurant on the roof of a tower house. Overnight in Monemvasia
DAY 6: MONEMVASIA – DIROS CAVE - PYLOS:
- We leave Monembvasia to reach at Areopolis and Diros, famous for its marvelous subterranean caves as a part of an underground river. About 5,000 meters have been exposed and accessible by small boats and through narrow passageways and one is surrounded by formations of stalagmites and stalactites. Caves have served as places of worship in Paleolithic and Neolithic times and their inhabitant believed that the caves were the entrance to the underworld.
- Finally we will reach at the city of Pylos. It is worth to visit the great Castle of “Methoni” or the Castle of “Navarino”. Overnight in Pylos
DAY 7: PYLOS - ANCIENT MESSENE - VASSAE - EPIKOURIOS APOLLON - OLYMPIA:
- At 08.30 the driver will pick you up from your hotel to reach at Ancient Messene. The ancient Messene is a spectacular archaeological site, a UNESCO monument which combines diverse beauties as it is built at the one side at the Messenian valley. The city was founded on the 4th century B.C. by Epaminondas. We leave from ancient Messene to reach at Vassae (at about 15.30) in ancient Figaleia, at an elevation of 1.130 meters, stands the eternally proud temple of Apollo Epikurios. The inspiration behind its construction and the architect is considered to be the great Ictinus. This universal architectural gem was the first of the great monuments of Greece to be recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1986. The temple was built at the height of the Greek civilization in the second half of the 5th century BC (420-400 BC). We leave from Vassae to reach at Ancient Olympia for Overnight
DAY 8: ANCIENT OLYMPIA – IOANNINA:
- We will visit the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, the place that the first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C., which lies in the lush valley formed by the Alfios River. There is the temple of Zeus, one of the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Dedicated to Zeus which in antiquity was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Finally we come to the stadium, where the marble starting blocks are still in position.
- We will depart from Olympia towards Ioannina, the capital of Epirus. Ioannina was always multicultural, dominated mainly by Christian, Islamic and Jewish influences. This coexistence of cultural influences is clearly evident in the historic city Centre. Wonderful buildings like the house Matei Hussein, the Ottoman Mosque of Veli Pasha, Ioannina castle with its four sections, Lake Pamvotida and its Small Island or Perama, one of the most beautiful caves in Europe, are some of Ioannina's unique attractions. Overnight in Ioannina
DAY 9: IOANNINA – METSOVO - VEROIA – VERGINA- THESSALONIKI:
- We leave Ioannina to have our first stop at the traditional Village of Metsovo, one of the most well-known traditional villages located on the mountains of the largest mountain line of Greece Pindos at an altitude of 1.160m. It is worth to walk at the narrow streets and speak with the locals and to buy hand-made products. We have our next stop at Vergina (ancient Aigai), to live the experience of a visit to the unique Museum, created in the Great Tumulus covering the royal tombs of Macedonia. See the astonishing findings from the tomb of King Phillip II, Alexander's father, and feel the thrill of the greatest discovery of the 20th century. In only a few miles away is Veria (Biblical Beroea) to visit Saint Paul's Bema, and then stroll through the old Jewish neighborhood and the colorful market area. A walk in a city where the past is present and around. After that you will reach at Thessaloniki. Overnight in Thessaloniki
DAY 10: THESSALONIKI – PELLA- EDESSA – NAOUSA- THESSALONIKI:
- After your breakfast we will go ahead to visit City of Pella, the capital of Alexander the Great. See the exquisite floor mosaics of the 4th century B.C. villas, in situ as well as in the new Museum. First stop at picturesque Edessa where we see the town's famous landmark, the Waterfalls. Then proceed to Naoussa, to a site of exceptional beauty and importance: Aristotle's School, the picturesque site where the great philosopher taught ‘the doctrines of morals and politics' to Alexander the Great and the Macedonian youth. Overnight in Thessaloniki
DAY 11: CITY TOUR THESSALONIKI – DION - SUNSET TOUR IN METEORA:
- Short tour at Thessaloniki, and we depart from the city to visit the Archaeological Park of Dion (sacred city of the Macedonians, at the foot of mountain Olympus) At the end of this amazing tour we will reach at Meteora. In the afternnon special Sunste tour around the rocks of Moansteries. Overnight in Meteora
DAY 12: METEORA – DELPHI:
- Enjoy th tour to Monasteries. We will have our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro which is the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (Meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is to the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan, which is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. This monastery rests on the plain rather than on a cliff. . At the end of the tour leave Meteora to reach in Delphi for Overnight
DAY 13: DELPHI – ATHENS:
- We will visit Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre where could seat more than 5000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ‘’Charioteer’’, one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Afterwards, we can visit and have coffee or lunch, at the most famous winter resort in Greece, Arachova (a traditional and at the same time modern small city in an altitude of 1000 meters)! Here you can taste the traditional cheese, Arachova’s formaela and other hand-made local products. We will reach in Athens for Overnight
DAY 14: PRIVATE TOUR ATHENS - SANTORINI:
- Pick up form your hotel to start your Private Athens Sightseeing. You will visit Panathinaiko Stadium where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896. It is the only stadium built out of white marble. Proceed, we will visit Zappeion and Temple of Olympian Zeus. You will then admire the Athens Trilogy which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library. Continue passing by National Garden, Hadrian's Arc, St. Paul's Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Schliemann's House (Numismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Old Parliament, Constitution Square, Russian Orthodox Church, and finally we will visit ACROPOLIS & ACROPOLIS museum. At the end of the tour you wil lget the flight to Santorini. Overnight in Santorini
DAY 15: SANTORINI:
- (optional) Sunset Cruise to Volcano with buffet on board. Pick you up from your hotel after noon to start the excellent sunset cruise tour to volcano having our first stop at the famous volcano of Santorini! Then, you will walk to the volcano’s ridge with your guide and he is going to explain you everything about the history and the geology of the volcano. Our next stop will be the island of Palea Kameni where the famous hot springs are located on the west side. Dinner on board sailing above the underwater craters from Palia Kameni to Thirasia Island, the boat will anchor close to the island in order to enjoy your dinner. The end of the excursion comes on sunset time. Our boat will stop very close to Oia village where you will have the chance to watch the warm light of the setting sun under the violet sky before the night falls. This is the most unforgettable experience as the Caldera and the village of Oia will turn into gold color! Overnight in Santorini
DAY 16: SANTORINI - ATHENS:
- Free time for yourself until our driver picks you up from your hotel to transfer you to the port to get the ferry to Athens. Meet you at Piraeus port and transfer you to your hotel. Overnight in Athens
DAY 17: DEPARTURE DAY:
- Our driver will meet you at your hotel to transfer you the airport to get your flight according to your flight details
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Santorini, Oia Sunste, Caldera
- Acropolis & Acropolis Museum
- Delphi & Museum of Delphi
- City of Thessaloniki
- Edessa, Naousa Aristotle's School
- Veroia, Vergina, Pella, Dion
- Meteora, Truffle Hunting
- City of Ioannina,
- Corith, Cog railway,
- Nauplio, Bourtzi, the Castle
- Dimitsana, Lousios Gogre
- Mycenae, Epidaurus
- Mystras, Sparta, Monemvasia
- Diros Caves
- Ancient Olympia
- Meet and Greet at Athens airport
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- Private tour Athens with Guide
- 16 Nights accommodation with Breakfast
- Licensed tour guide upon to your selection
- Welcome bag with gifts upon our meeting
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission in archeological sites
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel city tax
All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.