All year, any time that you wish.
17 Day Tour Package in Greece: Tour at South...
If you are planning on touring Greece, the classical tour package of 17 day tour at Southern and Northern Greece is the best choice. With this vacation package you will travel all over Greece and explore an amazing scenery, of wild natural beauty, archaeological sites, ancient ruins, traditional villages, Caves, Monasteries, popular tourist destinations, religious places of interest!
You will visit Monemvasia, Mystras, Diros Cave, Mycenae, Epidaurus, Delphi, Meteora, Lakes of Palstira, zagori, Vergina, Pella, Dion, Naousa, Pella, Theessalonki and Saronic Islands. Visit the Acropolis and the archaeological sites around it in Athens, the temple of Poseidon in Sounio, the Ancient Theater of Epidaurus and in Mycenae. Tour in Sparta, in Mystras and in the extraordinary town of Monemvassia! Visit the famous must-see sites of Ancient Olympia, Pylos, Delphi and Meteora, Thessaloniki, the archaeological park of Dion and Vergina, the cities of Pella, Veria, Edessa and Naousa with the mesmerizing waterfalls! Visit the city of Ioannina and "Ali Pasha" Island,
Go ahead with a spectacular Railway rides combines visit in Corinth and cave of Lakes! Finally get a day cruise to the Saronic Islands, in Hydra-Poros-Aegina, is highly recommended! Enjoy natural beauty, historical treasures, unique architecture, and glamorous, yet romantic atmosphere!
DAY: 1 ARRIVAL DAY:
- Our driver will meet and assist you at Athens airport and transfer you at your hotel in Athens. Overnight in Athen
DAY 2: ATHENS – CORINTH - COG RAILWAY - NAUPLIO:
- Pick you up from your hotel at 08.30 and driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, we will have our first stop, 1 hour later, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul. We will visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul. Next stop will be at 'Kechrias Port. Around 52 AD, Apostle Paul arrived from Athens to Corinth. We leave Corinth to reach at "Diakofto" to take the Cog Railway (Odontotos) which links Kalavrita with Diakofto going through Vouraikos Canyon, which is one of the most beautiful natural sights and is one of the most spectacular Railway rides in Greece. It has been mentioned as the most beautiful train trip in Balkans. The little train travels through streams climbing the fantastic narrow gorge up into the mountains, through tunnels, over waterfalls, along cliffs and through forests of pine and oleander. When the incline gets really steep it switches from regular track to a cog system. The journey ends at the town of Kalavryta. Our driver meet you there to continue the tour at the mysterious, magnificent and unique «Cave of the Lakes". A rare creation of Nature. Small and large lakes, 13 in total, with different colors each one, depending on the oxides contained in the rocks. You will see the wonderful «hanging bridge» and the «waterfalls» «falling» and you have the feeling of being on a floating corridor. Overnight in Nafplio
DAY 3: NAFPLIO - MYCENAE - EPIDAURUS - DIMITSANA:
- Pick you up from your hotel after your breakfast to explore at the one of the most beautiful towns of Greece and the first capital city at the Modern Greek history, Nafplio! You can walk next to the coast, or you can visit the Castle of the Town, with the 999 steps (!) and the amazing view, or take a taxi boat to visit the small island of Bourtzi, in the middle of the city’s harbor, the fort on the sea and Nauplio’s trademark! Our next stop will be at Ancient Mycenae with the famous ‘’Gate of Lions’’ and ‘’Atreus King Tomb’’! Afterwards, our last stop will be at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus of the 15.000 spectators. Our day ends at the beautiful and historical Village of Dimitsana that is located on two facing hills "Agia Paraskevi & "Castro" above the River Lousios. After your check in you can have an excellence walking tour in the narrow streets of Dimitsana, you will travel in its historical admiring the beautiful architecture and historical sightseeing. Visit the library and folk museum which is housed in the municipal school building and opposite the church of "Agia Kyriaki". There you see the statue of Patriarch of Constantinople Grigorios V. Do not forget to visit the open air water-power museum. Overnight in Dimitsana
DAY 4: DIMITSANA - LOUSIOS GOGRE & MONASTERIES OF PRODROMOS & PHILOSOPHOU – MONEMVASIA:
- After your breakfast we leave from the hotel and after 20 minutes' drive, we reach the start of the path that leads to the Monastery of Agios Ioannis Prodromos that is built in 19th century. About after 20 -30 minutes walking you will reach the Monastery and admire the wonderful view to Lousios River under your feet! The monks will help you and show you how to continue walking in the Lousios Gorge and visit the next monastery of Philosophes, one of the oldest monasteries of Greece that was built on 963the old monastery and on 1691 the new one. Leave Dimitsana to reach at Monemvasia. Check in and free time for yourselves. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, Afterwards, we visit the second famous Tower Town of Peloponnese, Monemvasiá,a mystical stone-built settlement, nestled at the edge of a big rock by the sea, that was founded by the Byzantines in the sixth century. Peer into the history of the fortress –the so-called “Gibraltar of the East”. Taste culinary delights at a fine restaurant on the roof of a tower house. Overnight in Monemvasia
DAY 5: MONEMVASIA - MYSTRAS - SPARTA - SPARTA:
- After your breakfast we will leave from Monemvasia to have our first visit at the nearby glory Byzantine town of Mystras. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa, and of Οur Lady Perivleptos. We continue to visit the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta, a great Museum showing the unique history of olive production in Greece. Overnight in Sparta
DAY 6: SPARTA – DIROS CAVE - PYLOS:
- We leave Sparta to reach at Areopolis and Diros, famous for its marvelous subterranean caves as a part of an underground river. About 5,000 meters have been exposed and accessible by small boats and through narrow passageways and one is surrounded by formations of stalagmites and stalactites. Caves have served as places of worship in Paleolithic and Neolithic times and their inhabitant believed that the caves were the entrance to the underworld. Finally we will reach at the city of Pylos. It is worth to visit the great Castle of “Methoni” or the Castle of “Navarino”. Overnight in Pylos
DAY 7: PYLOS - ANCIENT MESSENE - VASSAE - TEMPLE OF EPIKOURIOS APOLLON -OLYMPIA:
- At 08.30 the driver will pick you up from your hotel to reach at Ancient Messene. The ancient Messene is a spectacular archaeological site, a UNESCO monument which combines diverse beauties as it is built at the one side at the Messenian valley. The city was founded on the 4th century B.C. by Epaminondas. We leave from ancient Messene to reach at Vassae (at about 15.30) in ancient Figaleia, at an elevation of 1.130 meters, stands the eternally proud temple of Apollo Epikurios. The inspiration behind its construction and the architect is considered to be the great Ictinus. This universal architectural gem was the first of the great monuments of Greece to be recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1986. The temple was built at the height of the Greek civilization in the second half of the 5th century BC (420-400 BC). We leave from Vassae to reach at Ancient Olympia. Check in at your hotel and free time for yourself. Overnight in Olympia
DAY 8: ANCIENT OLYMPIA – IOANNINA:
- We will visit the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, the place that the first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C., which lies in the lush valley formed by the Alfios River. There is the temple of Zeusone of the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Dedicated to Zeus which in antiquity was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Finally we come to the stadium, where the marble starting blocks are still in position. We will depart from Olympia towards Ioannina, the capital of Epirus. Ioannina was always multicultural, dominated mainly by Christian, Islamic and Jewish influences. This coexistence of cultural influences is clearly evident in the historic city Centre. The Stoa Louli arcade is one of the locations where the three communities worked together and prospered. Wonderful buildings like the house Matei Hussein, the Ottoman Mosque of Veli Pasha, Ioannina castle with its four sections, Lake Pamvotida and its Small Island or Perama, one of the most beautiful caves in Europe, are some of Ioannina's unique attractions. You must not forget to sample the traditional spices and herbs harvested from the mountains of Epirus, frog's legs, a special delicacy or the famous desserts of 'sker bourek' or 'sugar pie', and the exceptionally delicious baklava or other syrup pastries. Overnight in Ioannina
DAY 9: IOANNINA – METSOVO - VEROIA – VERGINA- THESSALONIKI:
- We leave Ioannina to have our first stop at the traditional Village of Metsovo, one of the most well-known traditional villages located on the mountains of the largest mountain line of Greece Pindos at an altitude of 1.160m. It is worth to walk at the narrow streets and speak with the locals and to buy hand-made products. We have our next stop at Vergina (ancient Aigai), to live the experience of a visit to the unique Museum, created in the Great Tumulus covering the royal tombs of Macedonia. See the astonishing findings from the tomb of King Phillip II, Alexander's father, and feel the thrill of the greatest discovery of the 20th century. In only a few miles away is Veria (Biblical Beroea) to visit Saint Paul's Bema, and then stroll through the old Jewish neighborhood and the colourful market area. A walk in a city where the past is present and around. After that you will reach at Thessaloniki. Overnight in Thessaloniki
DAY 10: THESSALONIKI – PELLA- EDESSA – NAOUSA- THESSALONIKI:
- After your breakfast we will go ahead to visit City of Pella, the capital of Alexander the Great. See the exquisite floor mosaics of the 4th century B.C. villas, in situ as well as in the new Museum. First stop at picturesque Edessa where we see the town's famous landmark, the Waterfalls. Then proceed to Naoussa, to a site of exceptional beauty and importance: Aristotle's School, the picturesque site where the great philosopher taught ‘the doctrines of morals and politics' to Alexander the Great and the Macedonian youth. Overnight in Thessaloniki
DAY 11: CITY TOUR THESSALONIKI – DION - METEORA:
- We depart from Thessaloniki to visit the Archaeological Park of Dion (sacred city of the Macedonians, at the foot of mountain Olympus) Continue to reach at Meteora so that to start the tour at the Monasteries. We will have our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro which is the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (Meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is to the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan, which is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. This monastery rests on the plain rather than on a cliff. At the end of this amazing tour we will return to Meteora. Overnight in Meteora
DAY 12: METEORA – LAKE PLASTIRA - DELPHI:
- We depart from Meteora and we reach at Lake Plastira which is located in Karditsa regional unit, near the city of Karditsa. Plastira Lake is an artificial lake in perfect harmony with nature, embraced by picturesque villages, fir forests and the imposing Agrafa mountain range. You can take breathtaking pictures overlooking the lake, taste authentic local flavors and wines, and explore old monastery of Panagia Pelekiti, which is one of the most impressive attractions in the area. It has two churches, Analipseos and Panagias, both built in 1640. After all we depart from Lake Plasrtira to reach at Delphi. Overnight in Delphi
DAY 13: DELPHI – ATHENS:
- We will visit Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre where could seat more than 5000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ‘’Charioteer’’, one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Afterwards, we can visit and have coffee or lunch, at the most famous winter resort in Greece, Arachova (a traditional and at the same time modern small city in an altitude of 1000 meters)! Here you can taste the traditional cheese, Arachova’s formaela and other hand-made local products. Along the way, you will see the plain of Boeotia, an agricultural center and you will also pass by the city of Thebes, the birthplace of King Oedipus in order to reach The Archaeological Museum of Thebes www.mthv.gr/en one of the most important museums of Greece since some of its collections are rare or unique. The exhibits originate from excavations all around Boeotia and cover a long chronological period spanning from the Palaeolithic to the Post Byzantine periods. Also, you will walk around to see the Mycenae Palace and the Mycenaean Tombs. We will reach in Athens for Overnight
DAY 14: ATHENS SIGHTSEEING TOUR & TOUR OF CAPE SOUNION:
- Pick up form your hotel to start your Private Athens Sightseeing & Cape Sounio Tour. You will visit Panathinaiko Stadium where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896. It is the only stadium built out of white marble. Proceed, we will visit Zappeion and Temple of Olympian Zeus. You will then admire the Athens Trilogy which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library. Continue passing by National Garden, Hadrian's Arc, St. Paul's Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Schliemann's House (Numismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Old Parliament, Constitution Square, Russian Orthodox Church, and finally we will visit ACROPOLIS & ACROPOLIS museum. We will follow the Mediterranean coastline known as "Athenian Riviera" (if you wish we will have a stop for panoramic photos) in order to reach at the second most popular site of the Greek capital "Cape Sounio" and Temple of God Poseidon! Overnight in Athens
DAY 15: DAY CRUISE TO THE SARONIC ISLANDS HYDRA-POROS-AEGINA:
- Pick you up from hotel to transfer you to Piraeus Port to take the boat. First stop, the cosmopolitan Hydra, with its cobblestone alleys, its unspoilt –over the centuries- unique architectural beauty, as well as the traditional means of transportation that you can find on the island, its donkeys, will make the visitors fall in love with it at first sight. The vessel remains at the port of Hydra for 1 hour and 55 minutes, giving enough time to the passengers to discover some of the most wonderful parts of the island, the beautiful forts and the impressive mansions, enjoying a walk along the picturesque alleys, or even discover the historic landmarks. Next stop, is the port of Poros. A leafy island, with an insuperable natural beauty and thousands of pine trees, expanding from the steep beaches to the sandy beaches, making Poros the island of romance and calmness. We stay at Poros for 50 minutes. Last stop, is the historical Aegina. The biggest island of the Saronic Gulf, which took its name by the beautiful nymph that was kidnapped by Zeus. Aegina is well known across the world for the delicious pistachios, the beautiful, “virgin” beaches and the Temple of Afaia. We stay at the port of Aegina for 2 hours. There is enough time to enjoy your coffee and the pistachio sweets at the beautiful port, or to participate in the historical tour of the island and discover its hidden treasures. At the end of the cruise transfer you back to your hotel. Overnight in Athens
DAY 16: VISIT AT ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM OF ATHENS :
- Our driver pick you up from your hotel to have the excellent visit at The National Archaeological Museum is the largest museum in Greece and one of the world's great museums. Although its original purpose was to secure all the finds from the nineteenth century excavations in and around Athens, it gradually became the central National Archaeological Museum and was enriched with finds from all over Greece. Its abundant collections, with more than 20,000 exhibits, provide a panorama of Greek civilization from the beginnings of Prehistory to Late Antiquity. Overnight in Athens
DAY 17: DEPARTURE DAY:
- Our driver will meet you at your hotel to transfer you the airport to get your flight according to your flight details
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Acropolis & Acropolis Museum
- Cape Sounio
- Delphi & Museum of Delphi
- City of Thessaloniki
- Edessa, Naousa Aristotle's School
- Veroia, Vergina, Pella, Dion
- Lakes Of Plastira
- City of Ioannina,
- Corith, Cog railway
- Nauplio, Bourtzi, the Castle
- Dimitsana, Lousios Gogre
- Mycenae, Epidaurus
- Mystras, Sparta, Monemvasia
- Diros Caves
- Ancient Olympia
- Transportation with Private car or Mini Van
- English Speaking driver
- Pick up & drop off form your hotel
- 16 Night;s accommodation
- Daily Breakfast at your hotel
- Day Cruise to Sartonic Islands included transfer from/to hotel/marina
- Lunch during the day cruise on buffet on board
- Welcome bag upon your arrival in Athens
- All taxes
- Personal expenses & Meals
- Tour guides
- Entrance fees
- Hotel city tax
All our drivers speak English very well and have high experience and are well knowledge for the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each site, but are not official guides.
You have the below choice in order to have tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide to accompany you
- You can book to have tour leader to accompany you
- You can book local tour guide in each area
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or Opel Vivaro 9 seats
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
We will pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address, If you reach at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- We provide you 4 star hotels or 3 stars hotel or you can ask for 5* hotels.
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depend the availability and the time that you will make the booking in any case we will book hotels at the same level.
- We can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our tours are absolutely private only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modifyed to you. Also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3-star hotels,
- 3 euros per room per day for 4-star hotels.
- 8 euro / person in Ancient Corinth
- 10 euro / person at Museum of Acopolis
- 20 euro / person in Acropolis
- 12 euro / person in Vergina
- 12 euro / person in Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- 9,5 euro / person for Cog Railway
- 12 euro / person for Diros caves
- 12 euro / person in Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person in Mycenae
- 12 euro / person in Ancient Olympia
- 8 euro / person in Pella
- 8 euro / person in Dion
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.